JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus was spoken of in the book of Psalms by David in chapter 8. We know that David was the father of Jesus, because Jesus came through the seed of David. Our Father told us about the comming of Jesus, 1000 years before he was born.

Psalms 8:4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

(5) For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and has crowned him with glory and honour.

(6) Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:

We are told again, by Paul, in the book of Hebrews 2:7, Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands:

(9) But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for th suffering of death, crwoned with glory and honour; that he by grace of God should taste of death for every man

Jesus wasn't given any special treatment, he knew what was going to happen, and he was hurt because he knew what was in the cup of God's wrath.

Luke 22:42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

(43) And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.

(44) And being in agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

Jesus had warned them over and over again what was going to happen in the latter days. In our days, the generation of the fig tree. The people didn't accept him then, because they thought he was there to become their King. He was letting them know that he was there to defeat death, (Satan), and that he was going to return. But in the meantime , there was going to be a lot of things that had to happen before he came back. He was not only teaching to them, he was also teaching us, telling us what to be aware of the times, watch and pray, because all these things are comming to pass just like he said.

We need to know what the Church of Smyrna, and the church of Philadelphia, is teaching, and follow their teachings. If you know who the Kenites are, and you have the key of David, then you are among God's Elect, because they are the ones who will not be fooled by the Anti-christ, when he comes and sit in Jerusalem, along with his fallen angels.

Jesus knew that a lot of God's children were going to be a part of the apostasy, (falling away from Christ), and following the ant-christ, when he comes. A great majority of them who believe in the "RAPTURE THEORY", are going to be satan's biggest followers. Why? because they listened to the traditions of men. and not Our Father's word.

Satan is on the first white horse in

Revelation 6:2, And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

(Satan is going to have a good time fooling God's children, because they didn't read that he was to come first).

Paul warns us in ,

2Thessalonians 2.1 Now we becheech you brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

(Christ is coming here, we are not going to be flying awaying, There is no Rapture!)

(2) That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

(3) Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

(Satan, the son of perdition, is going to be sitting in Jerusalem pretending to be Jesus, and a lot of people are going to be following him, that's the falling away).

(4) Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

(5) Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

(6) And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed, in his time.

(7) For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

(Michael is going to kick him and his fallen angels out of heaven). They are going to be here on earth for five months. Deceiving as many people as they can with their false doctrines.

(8) And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming, (All right!!! This is when Jesus comes as KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS !!!!

All will be changed into spiritual bodies, the good, the bad, and the ugly (smile)

The Shepherds Chapel

Q4. (22:43) Did Jesus get "special treatment" because he was the Son of God to have angels help and strengthen him in his spiritual struggle? Do we get that help, too?

I don't believe Jesus got "special treatment", I believe ministering angels are available for all believers in Jesus and that whether we realize it or not, at different times they have assisted us. It is encouraging to me to think that we have angels assigned to help us. It sounds like the ministering angel that ministered to Jesus helped him greatly.

• 2 weeks later...

I would say,yes Jesus got special treatment,~BUT~we all get that same special treatment.When Jesus prayed to his Father,God knew Jesus needed a strength that was strong enough to get him through the horrible death he was to face.Yes,I know for a fact we get the same help.Last year when I had to have surgery,like normal people I was not to pleased at having to have surgery.I prayed the biggest part of the night.The fear and uncertainty left me.Believe me or not God put an angel with me,"A Mighty Angel",who guarded me in the hiding place of God while I was having surgery.I saw the angel sitting by me,guarding me.I also heard the iron gates of heaven,open and shut .He was know little frilly thing like you see in department stores that you buy.That is not what angels look like.He was big and strong,and mighty,of shining bronze color.I can still see him now in my mind.I will remember him forever.I have never seen an angel until then.I believe God showed him to me to asure me I was safe.I also believe this angel is with me all the time,right now.

Wonder what Jesus "Angels" looked like.more powerful than we could ever imagine.Jesus knew the angels were there,but Jesus prayed to God"not my will,but yours be done". ~Amen~

• 4 months later...

God works in" everything " --not just isolated incidents for our good . This does not mean that all that happens to us is good .

With this in mind it is clear that Jesus did not get special treatment " because He was the son of God"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

:)

No, Jesus was not given "special treatment" by the angels because he was the Son of God. But then we are also sons of God according to John 1:12, so I am not certain. Do people who are not sons of God have angels minister for them? I know that the bible says that we who will inherit salvation are sent ministering angels to minister for us. (Hebrews 1:14)

Yes, we are sent angels to minister for us. According to Hebrews 1:14. But as far as strenghtening and helping us, we have greater than the angels. We have the Holy Spirit.

• 1 month later...

Q4. (22:43) Did Jesus get "special treatment" because he was the Son of God to have angels help and strengthen him in his spiritual struggle? Do we get that help, too?

Yes. Because God's answer to His prayer is providing Him more strength to face the ordeal. Maybe, His case was special since after all, His mission was very special.

Yes. If we are receptive to this, we can surely get this help too.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Jesus got special treatment in the sense that He received the help He needed to face the monumental task of securing the salvation of all believers throughout eternity---something no one else will have to do or has ever had to face. We, though, too, who believe on His Name, receive angelic help whether we realize it or not. It is a precious thing to see God's watchcare over His children in that not only does He place His Holy Spirit within us, but He sends angels to watch over us and strengthen us in our hours of need.

• 2 weeks later...

No, Jesus did not get "special treatment" because he was the Son of God, there are numerous places in the Bible where angels came and assisted people in desperate situations. We too, receive angelic help in times of need; for God tells us that He will always be there when we need Him.

• 3 months later...

No, I don't believe that Jesus received special treatment. Jesus had angels appear to give Him strength & power to overcome His sacrifice on the cross.

Yes, God sends us angels to lead, guide and protect us whatever we do and whereeve we go. He will never leave us or foresake us. He is always with us and when we are in tune with Him we can see the angels at work and moving within us. Praise God for we have Jesus in our lives to uplift our Spirit in our daily walk with Him.

• 1 month later...

Yes Jesus Got special treatment. After all HE is the SON OF GOD! But I don't believe HE got anything that we don't get now! God will never leave us not forsake us. HE is out strength. HE has sent us the HOLY SPIRIT to strengthen us and encourage us. I myself have never been aware of an angelic presence but I do believe we entertain angels unaware, and like you said often times our angels are people who encourage us and know what to say and when to say it. I know there have been times in my life that the battle was so hard that God put a dome of love and protection around me. Sealed me in that dome and carried me through that time in my life.

We too are Sons of God!!!!!

• 3 months later...

No. The Scripture and testimony throughout the centuries have told of God sending angels to His saints to encourage them; strengthened them; protect them; and minister to them. God takes care of His saints as they carry out His will on this planet.

• 7 months later...

Jesus received strength from angels to help him with what he had to go through. We can all have that special treatment with help from angels or other humans if we submit to God. Many times that is how we receive the strength to go on in spite of the situation.

• 1 month later...

I believe with all my heart that God gives us what we need to get through each situation, and I also believe that we, just like Jesus, get the same care and consideration. Jesus is the First-born of many brethern. We are heirs, according to the grace that was given us when we believed! Gloray! Gotta shout! Bye!

• 4 weeks later...
Q4. (22:43) Did Jesus get "special treatment" because he was the Son of God to have angels help and strengthen him in his spiritual struggle?

I don't think it was "special treatment" because He was the Son of God...but I do believe having angels help and strengthen Him (and us) is "special treatment"...yes, I believe God thinks all His children are special to Him...and while He does not show favoritism...He does love us all specially.

Do we get that help, too? I think I already answered that...yes...!

Q4. (22:43) Did Jesus get "special treatment" because he was the Son of God to have angels help and strengthen him in his spiritual struggle?

His Son was at the point of exhaustion after His battle with surrendering His will to the Father.His treatment was a model for His joint heirs, of what we can expect to receive when we need help.God never leaves us nor forsakes us, always providing what we need in comfort, reassurance, help, guidance, etc.

Do we get that help, too?

Yes, we do, according to Hebrews 1:14 "Are not all ministering spirits (servants) sent out in the sevice of God for the assistance of those who are to inherit salvation?"

I have personally received that help....just moments before a car crash I was in with my 2 little children, the car lit up with a dazzling, radiant light, glistening off of the chrome in the car. It was a pitch black evening in a blinding rain storm, so the light in the car stunned us. My daughter who was 5 sat up and said "Mommy, what is that bright light???" I told her I didn't know what it was, but at the time it was in the car with us, I was seeing a vision of the car accident I was about to be involved in...a rollover after sliding on black ice across all lanes of the freeway, and ending upside down on the other side of the freeway, with the kids hanging upside down in the seat belts, and since I wasn't wearing one, I ended up in back with them, lying on the roof of the car.

I've always been a very fearful person, and one would have expected me to be freaking out. Instead I was stoically calm and peaceful, saying to myself...I'm going to have an accident, maybe I should get in the slow lane or pull off the freeway. Before I could do anything, we were sliding and spinning through what had been a solid wall of trucks and cars in heavy commute traffic. I was the only car involved, and when rescuers pulled us out we only had minor injuries, though it required a trip to the hospital. While being driven there, I was calmly wondering to myself if I'd make it to my art class on time....the angel had done his work, and prevented me from the hysteria which would have been normal for me and would have terrified the children.

I don't think that the appearance of angels to strengthen and help Jesus was a special treatment from God on behalf of His Son. Angels appeared many times in the Old Testament and New Testament, and I believe that they continue to come to the aid of man.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

No, this help is available to all of us if we surrender our life to God. Jesus was not treated any different to what is available to us. We do not only have angels but we also have the Holy Spirit.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...