JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q9. (3:21) How can God receive more glory in your local congregation?

Our lives ought to exhibit His love and walk in obedience to His commandments. We ought to be witnesses of Christ wherever we go and we ought to pray more and give Him praise and worship.

How can you help this happen?

My part in helping this to happen starts with prayer. Praying that we all come to an understanding of the fullness of God and of His love; praying that when Jesus returns we would all be without spot or wrinkle.

• 5 months later...
Q9. (3:21) How can God receive more glory in your local congregation? How can you help this happen?

This is the question of all questions. How can God receive more glory in my church. I believe we need more prayer time and more time to just worship HIM. There are many ways God can receive glory. He can receive glory through the outreach ministries of any church and by the love that we show to others both within and without the four wall of the church. He also receives glory by HIS people worshiping HIM individually and corporately. I can Help bring this about by being a leader, and by being an example to others. By worshiping HIM myself, both privately and publicly. Also by teaching others to reach out in faith believing that God can do anything, and by giving HIM praise and glory before we even see the results. We need to empty ourselves of self and be filled with the HOLY SPIRIT.

• 3 months later...

Q9. (3:21) How can God receive more glory in your local congregation? How can you help this happen?

Increased submission to God's will and praise to Him will lead to giving God more glory and as a Pastor and leader, I must lead by example.

• 7 months later...

By us showing more love to our fellow Christians and to become more Christ centered in our services. By not allowing divisions to enter our church by praising God and giving Him all the glory in our worship and praise. I can help by praying for my church its leaders and the congration at large. By being willing to go out of my way to help those in my church who need help and teaching those who are just entering the service of Christ.

• 4 weeks later...

God will receive more glory in our church when we learn to praise Him. We have to get to the point of putting ourselves to the back of our thoughts and focusing on God. When we are free to praise God, it encourages others to praise Him as well. We must strive to increase our prayer life, our faith, our study of the Bible and learn to give God the glory by prayer and songs of worship to Him. I can help this happen by being an example and encouraging others to worship Him.

• 3 weeks later...

We need to come together and praise Him and thank Him for blessing us and giving us what He has! We are nothing without Him, and He deserves all the praise, honor, glory and blessing that we can give Him! To God be the glory!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Q9. (3:21) How can God receive more glory in your local congregation

I'm excited to say that for the first time in my 35 years as a Christian, we are in a church where the Lord is totally honored and glorified! It's all about Jesus! There are no "stars". Those in leadership are walking and serving in humility with their eyes on Him. Recently, a Deacon had an alcohol problem and rolled his car resulting in a DUI....he was lovingly removed from leadership for a period of restoration and counsel, attends the church, and this was done with such love and Biblical basis that I was stunned.

This is a praying church...every Sat. am. there are over 150 men and women who roll out of bed and drive for miles to the church to pray and intercede for our nation, our world, our local area, local churches (that each would be a blessing and be all the the Lord wants it to be, rather than being in competition with one another, but to work together to reach our area.), and for our church congregation.

Worship is amazing, and for an hour He is highly exalted in praise....His Presence is manifest, and hearts are changed! He is highly exalted in all aspects of the church.The whole Word of God is preached, and healings, deliverance, repentance, Baptism in the Holy Spirit....all of the gifts operate and the Body is being blessed and is growing. Gossip is not tolerated, problems are dealt with quickly...I just can't say enough about this awesome church.

My part is to walk in the Spirit, worship with joy, repent when needed, live a godly life, serve as the Lord leads... and to make sure I'm never a "hang nail" on the Body of Christ...and to honor and glorify Him in all that I do, and as the words in the front of the church say "Looking Unto Jesus" in all things.

After being in 2 corrupt churches and another lifeless one, I longed to learn how to worship! I prayed and asked the Lord to lead us to a worshipping body of believers....so I guess that was my part too, to respond to the desire He stirred up in me to worship, by seeking where He could make that happen, and being willing to leave the past church experiences behind to start over in a glorious church.

• 3 weeks later...

I belong to a Messianic congregation that really "gets it" -- where Jew and Gentile come together as one new man...and I love it...I look forward to being with God's people and the whole counsel of God is preached. Jesus is known...and the Presence of God is tangible and real. Deliverance, restoration, healings, we even recently had a raising of the dead...a man in our group literally dropped dead at the water fountain...praise and worship continued while paramedics arrived and the Rabbi prayed that the gentleman would arise in the name of Jesus...breath filled his body, he was taken to hospital by ambulance and has been recovering nicely since. Amazingly true...God is Alive. Worship is awesome and it is all about the LORD...and only Him.

I can help by serving as the Lord leads and being open to the leading of the Holy Spirit to do what God wants me to do. Examine myself regularly and come before a Holy God to seek His guidance in my life. I can also help by not being a trouble spot...and loving both close up and from afar.

• 1 year later...

Q9(3:21) How can God receive more glory in your local congregation? How can you help this happen?

God can recieve glory and praise through our compassion and love for one another;not only in church but outside the church. We bring glory to God by helping those in need; showing joy to others even our enemies; and living a life thats pleasing to God.

Patricia

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How can God receive more glory in my local church? : By more people taking an active part in the life of the church --- prayer and Bible groups, house groups, coffee mornings, greater outreach etc.

I could help this happen by---- a) prayer, b)getting more involved in the various meetings, c) offering to host a study group in my home.

• 4 months later...

God can receive glory in our local congregation by praise and worship. By doing His will, being His hands and feet. Teaching others about Jesus and most of all loving our neighbours, community, and serving. We ought to remember all that we have learn and therefore go out and bring others to Christ. Pray for the sick and hurting. Most of all see the world as God see it and remember we are in this world but not of this world,therefore we are not to store up riches here on earth.

• 4 weeks later...

Q9. (3:21)

How can God receive more glory in your local congregation?

As a congregation we should be honouring Him in everything we do. We need to speak the truth about God, telling all about His goodness, grace, and mercy; praising God with words and prayers. We must evangelise, preach and teach His Word, and also worship Him with our singing. There must be unity in the church

• 1 month later...

I think God will receive more glory in my church if we spend more time worshipping him instead of concentrating on events, ministries, programmes and even cell group meetings. I think there is a place for all these in church but I am frustrated that people being visible seems to be the "in-thing" in many churches. In the end, the programme, the fund raising efforts and even the prayer meeting and especialy the people involved get more glory than God. I am not sure if I can help because I am one of the invisible ones. Its seems I do not have a right to speak out because I do not serve. In their eyes, what do I know??? At the risk of sounding as if I am giving a pat answer - I can start praying that things will change in my church.

• 5 weeks later...

Seeking Him first would be a good step towards this. I can facilitate this by receiving the blessings of these 11 weeks of great prayers bible study and put them into practice through the Holy Spirit. God has given me a greater desire to seek Him and to intercede for His bride.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Q9. (3:21) How can God receive more glory in your local congregation?

God can receive more glory in my church by the way we live and love. By the way we preach the greatness of Christ. By our obedience. And most of all, perhaps, by our praise.

God can receive glory when we come before Him in faith believing that nothing is impossible with Him, nothing is too hard for God, and believing in faith that God can do more than we can ask or imagine.

I can help this happen by living and loving God and others. Through my obedience and praise to God Almighty. Also, by telling others about the power of God that lives in all believers, and reminding them of the promises in God’s Word.

• 1 year later...

God can receive more glory in my local congregation by the way I live, act and express His great gifting in His infilling daily in my life. I will speak of the fullness in His glory in myself, my life and encourage others in this same way as I pray for them to have the eyes of understanding opened in their hearts to receive this.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

God receives glory when we really live a life of obedience,honouring His word. Self-centerdness,selfish-ness among the congregation including the leaders to be shunned. We must grow and show love to one another. Now a days the world is making entry into the church instead of church going into the world and spread God's love. Above all I believe PRAYER is the strongest weapon against the attacks of the enemy on the church trying to bring confusion,disunity and division and steal love,joy and peace from God's people. God receives glory when the church is praying and worshipping in spirit and truth.

I could help in this by praying for the leaders & Pastors, that they may truthfully, honestly serve the Lord by

Ministering to all sections of the congregation. Pray that believers in the church may grow spiritually and remain faithful to the Lord. I myself will ask God to examine me and help me to live an exemplary life pleasing to God. Work and pray for oneness,unity in the Church so that together we can glorify His name.

• 4 years later...

Praise the Lord, the God of Israel who lives from everlasting to everlasting. God our shelter, a refuge when we are afraid. Our faith in almighty God as protector would carries us through all the dangers and fears of life. This should be a picture of our trust—trading all our fears for faith in him, no matter how intense our fears. To do this we must “live” and “rest”. By entrusting ourselves to his protection and pledging our daily devotion to him, we will be kept safe.

Everything everywhere is to praise the Lord: all his angels and all his works! Praising God means remembering all he has done for us. Fearing him and obeying his commands and doing his will.  Our life should always praise the Lord.

• 3 years later...

We recently moved some hours north of our previous home to the north of our state.  Our former church was loud in praise and worship and devoted to prayer.  Our new church is a quiet one, focused strongly on the Word of God both from the pastors and in all life-groups among the congregation.  In the former church, while they pray big prayers and prayer is a focus, they could worship God more in much intentional discipling of the people--the sheep--through deep study of the Word. They really want to see God move in POWER.  The current church could give God more glory through understanding that God's power is limitless, that He is capable of anything and everything!  He can do far more than we ask or imagine!  However, if they continue to study His Word so deeply, they will find Him who is our Eternal, Unstoppable, Amazing, King. I can encourage this through prayer and conversation.