Q4. King of Glory

Pastor Ralph

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/15/2006 at 5:39 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q4. Meditate on the titles "King of Glory" (Psalm 24:7-10) and "Father of glory" (Ephesians 1:17). What do they tell us about God? How should they affect our attitudes as we worship God? According to 2 Corinthians 3:18, how does God's glory come to fill our lives?

The title "King of Glory" portrays God as the High King, the King of kings, the Lord of lords, the all-powerful, mighty and awesome God. God is deserving of all praise and honor.  The title "Father of Glory" portrays God as a nurturing, attentive father who teaches us and guides us as we grow spiritually. In both titles, God is glorious and splendid and the majesty of His glory is displayed in every attribute of His.

In 2 Corinthians 3:18, it says that our eyes are not veiled anymore and we see, as through a glass which is the Gospel, the glory of Jesus which is pure and holy, and we are transformed into His glory which comes from His Spirit.

• 10 months later...

Thank you for this reflection on the King of Glory!  This is what Holy Spirit revealed to me as I was praying:

Remember when you were young and someone important stopped everything to talk to you? They were speaking earnestly and as a young person you may have had your head hung down, your chin down.  Do you remember when that someone who was speaking to you may have gently put their finger under your chin and tilted your head up to look into their eyes?  Their eyes were trying to convey an important message while at the same time, pulling you out of your shame or downward attitude to say, Chin up!  We can do this together if we face reality and own our attitudes, we can do this together!  You are not alone if you would just allow the King of Glory to be the lifter of your chin!  Chin up!

"Lift up your heads, O you gates! And be lifted up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in.  Who is the King of glory? 
The Lord strong and mighty, The Lord mighty in battle.  Lift up your heads, O you gates! Lift up, you everlasting doors! and the King of glory shall come in!
Who is the King of glory? 
The Lord of hosts.
He is the King of glory!
Psalm 124: 7-10

Chin up!  Allow the King of glory to be the lifter of our chins and gaze full into his wonderful face, and the things of earth shall grow strangely dim, in the light of his glory and grace!  

Praying for all,

Daina Carslon

• 1 month later...

The King of glory tells me that He is brighter than the sun and more brilliant. He is magnificent and spell binding. Natural men cannot look at him because of their sin nature. For in Revelations it says that we will no longer need the sun or the moon because He will be our light.His glory will never fade day or night. It tells me that He is strong and mighty. He is a proud warrior and our Lord and He fights for us.

My attitude should be of reverence and humility. It should be one of praise and thankfulness as I am reminded that He is indeed an awesome and mighty God and that I belong to Him.

It causes us to change from being self-centered and Adam like to being more and more like Jesus every day until we resemble Him and meet Him in the clouds.

• 2 months later...
On 2/14/2006 at 8:39 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q4. Meditate on the titles "King of Glory" (Psalm 24:7-10) and "Father of glory" (Ephesians 1:17). What do they tell us about God?  These passages show two different sides to God Most High. On one hand, He is a warrior God, strong and might in battle, to be exalted. On the other hand, He is a Father to one and to all, a God who sent mankind a son to save us from sin. He is a God that is both powerful and loving at the same time.  

How should they affect our attitudes as we worship God? According to 2 Corinthians 3:18, how does God's glory come to fill our lives? This helps us to better understand the mindset of God Most High so that we could live in a way that honors Him best. Knowing that he is a powerful God that has been victorious in battle makes us both fear His strength and admire it for its ability to provide us protection.   

God's glory is the Holy Spirit descending on us to transform us into people more like God Himself.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2006 at 9:39 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q4. Meditate on the titles "King of Glory" (Psalm 24:7-10) and "Father of glory" (Ephesians 1:17). What do they tell us about God? How should they affect our attitudes as we worship God? According to 2 Corinthians 3:18, how does God's glory come to fill our lives?

The titles "King of Glory" and "Father of Glory" tell us that He is God Most High (El 'Elyon), the High and Lofty One. They tell us that there is none like him.  Everyone and everything else is created, but not Him.  He is from everlasting to everlasting and is exalted far above what we could ever begin to imagine.  He is supreme in His sovereignty (no one can challenge His power or His rulership).  Even though He is the "King of Glory", Most Exalted One who sits upon the circle of the earth, He is not only the "Father of Glory" to Christ but to us His children.  He loves us inexpressibly and adopted us into HIs family so that we can have practical and experiential relationships with Him.

As we worship Him, we must do so with the consideration of His supremacy and majesty,  bowing and casting our metaphorical crowns before Him until such time when we can literally do so. We must worship Him in humility and sincerity, in spirit and truth, surrendering our all to Him and not holding back anything for He deserves nothing less.

According to 2 Corinthians 3: 18, God's glory comes to fill our lives when we, through the shed blood of Jesus, are freed from sin and are transformed into His image, from glory to glory -from one degree of His glorious grace to another.

• 2 months later...

The titles 'King of glory and Father of glory' as seen from the two scriptural passages, portray the strength, might, and wholesomeness of God. It makes us understand His nature as one who fills everywhere. 

As we behold Him,  through worship, prayers, studying his words,  His glory permeates, spills over us, envelope us and will gradually change our nature from one level of glory to another. According to 2 Cor 3 :18. 

• 2 months later...

I need to have the attitude of the prophet Ezekiel.   When he saw the Shekinah glory of God, he fell down prostrate.  He had such a reverence for God.  Despite being in a foreign land of idol worship, he preached the truth.  My heart needs to be abandoned to the Holy Spirit.  I study the Holy Bible diligently and preach the Gospel.

• 2 years later...

Q4. Meditate on the titles "King of Glory" (Psalm 24:7-10) and "Father of glory" (Ephesians 1:17). What do they tell us about God?
That He is great and all powerful, worthy of all our praise.

How should they affect our attitudes as we worship God?

It makes me what to be in His presence even more, to know more about Him. Knowing He is the King of Glory causes me to see Him as not just my savior. My healer, defender, my source, comforter my Everything. Father of Glory, He’s all knowing.

According to 2 Corinthians 3:18, how does God's glory come to fill our lives?

His glory in our lives restores us and make us more like Him and His image.