JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. King of Glory

Pastor Ralph

Q4. Meditate on the titles "King of Glory" (Psalm 24:7-10) and "Father of glory" (Ephesians 1:17). What do they tell us about God? How should they affect our attitudes as we worship God? According to 2 Corinthians 3:18, how does God's glory come to fill our lives?

Psa 24:7 Open the ancient gates, so that the glorious king may come in.

Psa 24:8 Who is this glorious king? He is our LORD, a strong and mighty warrior.

Psa 24:9 Open the ancient gates, so that the glorious king may come in.

Psa 24:10 Who is this glorious king? He is our LORD, the All-Powerful!

Eph 1:17 I ask the glorious Father and God of our Lord Jesus Christ to give you his Spirit. The Spirit will make you wise and let you understand what it means to know God.

2Co 3:18 So our faces are not covered. They show the bright glory of the Lord, as the Lord's Spirit makes us more and more like our glorious Lord.

They tell us that he is glory and he is ALLPOWERFULL. It should affect our attitudes by making us happy.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. Meditate on the titles "King of Glory" (Psalm 24:7-10) and "Father of glory" (Ephesians 1:17). What do they tell us about God? How should they affect our attitudes as we worship God? According to 2 Corinthians 3:18, how does God's glory come to fill our lives?

Psalm 24:7-10 "Lift up your heads, O gates! And be lifted up, O ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in. Who is this King of glory? The LORD, strong and mighty, the LORD, mighty in battle! Lift up your heads, O gates! And lift them up, O ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in. Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory! Selah."

Ephesians 1:17 "that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him,"

What they tells us about God is God is the Most High King of Kings. When They affect our attitude when we worship God is to keep us joyful to God. When God's Glory came to fill our lives was He came to us and keeps loved us even more unless he's there for you.

• 5 weeks later...

This tells me that God is the Strong One, He is the Lord Almighty and mighty in battle. He is the God of our Lord Jesus Christ. We are changed into His image by the Spirit of the Lord

• 3 weeks later...

I spent time searching a variety of Christian, internet sites in my attempt to wrap my head around the concept of glory. Until we find ourselves in His presence, I don

• 2 months later...

That He is Almighty, Eternal, and holy; and should be worshiped as such, in Spirit and in Truth. We should begin by entering His gate with thanksgiving and His courts with praise (Psa 100:4-5). God’s glory fills the life of believers and is much better than the glory that on was shown on Moses face. As believers learn more about God through studying and applying His word, we become transformed more like Him and reflecting His glory through the work of the Holy Spirit.

• 2 weeks later...

"King of Glory" is a title fot the God I serve meaning to me that he is the highest which there is none other. "Father of Glory" shows me who my Father really is and he fills me with his glory to show all I am his.

• 4 months later...

Who is the King of glory?

The LORD, strong and mighty,

the LORD, mighty in battle!

Lift up your heads, O gates!

and be lifted up, O ancient doors!

that the King of glory may come in.

Who is this King of glory?

The LORD of hosts,

a.he is the King of glory!" (Psalm 24:7-10)

He is the King of Glory. He has all power. He rules over all. I must submit my all to Him. Your will, my Lord: nothing more, nothing less, nothing else. He is to be worshiped, feared, adored, honored and obeyed. My life should be one of worshiping and adoring and fixing my mind and heart on Him day and night without ceasing. He is the King of Glory. Hallelujah! He is set apart, Holy other. And yet as my Father, He loves me and makes Himself known to me. As the Father of Glory, the Father of all fathers from whom Fatherhood takes its Name, He is to be worshiped, feared, adored and obeyed.

b. As we gaze upon our King of Glory, our Father of Glory, by His Spirit, His glory comes to fill our lives. Praise His Name forever!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yahweh is our King of Glory He is full of beauty and majasty. His Glory is tangable, appearent and revealed it can be seen in his creation, and love for us. He fills our lives from glory to glory with the manifestion of His spirit He changes us from who we were to His likeness more and more in His Awsome character, He is the refiners fire, He is the potter, when I realize who I am I begin to realize how much I need him only to lay aside my sins and inperfections and ask for more of His beloved Spirit and Glory. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

Q4. Meditate on the titles "King of Glory" (Psalm 24:7-10) and "Father of glory" (Ephesians 1:17). What do they tell us about God?

From what I understand of the concept of God's glory, I think the idea is of tremendous substance. God is substantial in a way that we don't yet know or experience. It is awe inspiring, yet I also feel like I don't have a very good grasp of this. Moses asked to see God's glory, but was only allowed to see the back as God's glory went past him.

How should they affect our attitudes as we worship God?

Our worship of God must be reverent, respectful, with a humble attitude. He is Royal like no human has ever been or ever could be, but at the same time, He is our Father. This gives us an intimacy and connection with Him that most of us do not have with earthly kings and rulers.

According to 2 Corinthians 3:18, how does God's glory come to fill our lives?

2 Co 3:18

But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.

NKJV

We can only behold the glory of the Lord as in a mirror, that is, as with an image and not the true substance of the thing. Yet by the Holy Spirit we are being transformed into that image of God's glory.

• 2 months later...

We are to allow the KING of Glory to be an intricate part of our being for HE is strong and mighty, mighty in battle and the LORD of Host. He is the FATHER of Glory JESUS CHRIST. The LORD of Glory JESUS CHRIST through HIS finished redemptive work at Calvery exchanged HIS righteousness for our sins. We have now seen or beheld JESUS finished work openly. HIS Glory revealed we are to become CHRIST like....

" I beseech you therefore brethren by the mercies of GOD that you present your bodies a liviing sacriface, holy, acceptable unto GOD which is your reasonable service. And be ye not conformed to this world but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of GOD" Romans 12:1-2

by allowing the Holy Spirit of the LORD to dwell within us.

• 2 months later...

King tells me that God's position is exalted above everything, Father tells me that even though He is highly exalted (lofty) I can have a personal relationship with Him as His child. Being part of His family I should carry myself in respect to Him. I should show respect and humble myself because God is above me and everything else.

cleardot.gif

• 7 months later...

He is Distinction. He is Honor. There is no one besides Him that deserves all the honor and the glory. As we worship God, we need to know that we are worshipping the Supreme One. The only One who is worthy of all honor and praise.  God's glory fill our lives as we worhip and honor Him. We can worship and honor Him by living a life of obedience.

• 4 weeks later...

KING OF GLORY

This wonderful title of God speaks volumes to me. When we look at this title in Psalm 24:7-10 it tells us that God fights our battles for us.  After all He is King of Glory.  He will always fight for me.  He is strong and mighty.  He is quick to conquer.  He never leaves me to fight for myself.  He deserves all the praise and honor. 

FATHER OF GLORY

When we think of what a father is, what comes to mind?  In my thoughts a father is someone who wants what is best for you. 

He wants you to succeed in everything you do.  So, Father of Glory wants to give us knowledge of Him so we can better understand Him and His ways. The better we know Him the closer we can be to Him.  He wants to be our FATHER OF GLORY.

2 CORINTHIANS 3:18

The closer we walk with God the more the Holy Spirit transforms us into the likeness of Jesus Christ, our Lord.  

• 4 weeks later...

Q4. Meditate on the titles "King of Glory" (Psalm 24:7-10) and "Father of glory" (Ephesians 1:17). What do they tell us about God?

God's glory fills the universe. We don't see it? Not the physical universe but the heavenly realm. When all things are made new and God lives with His people in the new heavens and the new earth He will be the light. There will be no need for the sun and the moon. God's radiance will illuminate everything. When God made appearances in our world, as in the wilderness to the Israelites, His radiance filled the tent of worship to such an extent that the priests couldn't enter! That's one way of looking at God's glory. Another is the glory God receives as praise from mankind for HIs mighty acts. "You are worthy to receive honor and glory". So we have God's own glory, the very stuff of his presence, and the glory we give Him in our worship.

Ideally we should include in our prayers words of praise and worship due to God. Often we gloss over that and get straight to our petitions. God likes to hear us praise Him. That should be part of our worship.

According to 2 Corinthians 3:18, how does God's glory come to fill our lives?

We should reflect the glory of God. I'm sure we've all known people who were so in tune with God that we could almost see the glow in their faces. As we become more and more sanctified we should expect to be conformed to the likeness of Jesus.

• 6 months later...

King of Glory....nothing can be more glorious. Nothing can compare. Father of glory....He is the beginning of glory. All glory comes through him. Bright. Shining. Pure. Blinding. Lord, blind me with your glory so that I see nothing else.....all else grows dim when I look at your glory & grace.

• 1 year later...

King of Glory is the supreme ruler of Heaven and all the universe.... the creation. He is the owner of all the earth.He is mighty in battle and close to his people. G-d is the Father of Glory.Jesus was in the bo som of the Father even before the world began, he was one with the Father,and that was glory.

We should have an intimacy with G-D in our worship so that we are brought into oneness with him.

Our lives will be enligjtened and transformed.We will reflect a radiance on our person like Moses did.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Names of God. Lesson 1

Q4: Meditate on the titles "King of Glory" ( Psalm 24:7), and "Father of Glory"( Ephesians 1:17) What do they tell us about God?

He is Lord of all, and King of all that is. He is the Father of our Lord Jesus, and is my Father and the Father of all believers. He exists in unapproachable light and glory, so I can't behold Him with my eyes. He is Spirit and must be approached in the spirit through His Son Jesus, my Brother. I am now His daughter for eternity and will one day meet Him face to Face when I will dwell with Him in glory.

He is worthy of all praise and worship, reverence,  honor and adoration! He tells us to come boldly into His Presence, and yet His glory demands humility and respect and awe!

According to 2 Corinthians 3:18, How does God's glory come to fill our lives?

Like the caterpillar who is metamorphosed, we are constantly being transfigured into His very own image in ever increasing splendor and from one degree of glory to another, since His Spirit lives in us. His Word is the mirror which reflects Who He is to our unveiled faces now that we are in Christ.

• 2 months later...

The Glory of God, has always appeared to me to be a depiction of His Majesty and Power. It is in Him that we understand these concepts to be fully and best portrayed. The Glory of God is pure and holy. And though not put on display in this dispensation as it was in the OT, we have a glimpse of His Glory  when we look at Christ. And when we allow Him to enable us to purity and holiness.

• 1 year later...
On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2006 at 8:39 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

What a blessing to be able to speak in prayer to King and Father of glory. They tell me again that He is high and lifted up above all others. The passage in 2 Corinthians tells me that I, too, by the power of the Holy Spirit, am being changed into His glory as I worship this King and Father of glory. 

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2006 at 8:12 AM, Robin said:

As I see Him as King of Glory, my worship will be changed by the awesomeness of who He is.

As I see Him as Father of Glory, I know He has brought about new birth in us with the purpose of changing us from glory to glory.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

God dwells in unapproachable light and He is the Father of lights in whom there is no variableness nor shadow of turning. He’s the King of glory and the Father of glory. Such pure and holy God whom no man can see. But because of His great love towards us He chose to come down to us in the person of Jesus Christ. And Jesus said to Philip that when you see Jesus you see the Father. 

The word for glory in Hebrew is Khabod. It stands for weight or substance. When the ark was captured by the Philistines, Eli’s pregnant daughter-in-law named her son Ichabod as she gave birth to him and died. Ichabod means the glory as departed. It’s been said that when God created us He put a God shaped vacuum in us, and this could be filled only by God. We think that we crave for prosperity, success, fulfillment in the world and find that it’s all emptiness and vanity. What we really crave is His glory in our lives. In Him we find fulfillment and satisfaction. 

We were in a place of shame before becoming His children. When we became His children He puts us in the place of glory. Now from the place of glory He’s transforming us like a caterpillar to a place of glory.  Incidentally the word transforming in Greek is the same word as metamorphosis. Our God is an amazing God. He not only saves us and leaves us there, but as we behold Him He transforms us to become more like Him. And because of His great love to me, He has become the boast and the passion and the pride of my life.