JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. King of Glory

Pastor Ralph

Q4. Meditate on the titles "King of Glory" (Psalm 24:7-10) and "Father of glory" (Ephesians 1:17). What do they tell us about God?

The title "King of Glory" tells us that God, who is strong, mighty and exalted, is ruler of the entire host of heaven and earth and He rules supreme. As the "Father of Glory", God births within us the spirit of wisdom and revelation of the extent of who He is and the understanding of all that we as saints stand to inherit in the blessed hope of His call to eternal life with Him.

How should they affect our attitudes as we worship God? According to 2 Corinthians 3:18, how does God's glory come to fill our lives?

Our attitude as we worship God should be one of complete surrender, giving ourselves to the power of the Holy Spirit to usher us into the "holies of holies," that place where we are changed from glory to glory and God is exalted above measure in our worship. It is with this attitude that we truly worship Him in Spirit and in truth.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Q4. Meditate on the titles "King of Glory" (Psalm 24:7-10) and "Father of glory" (Ephesians 1:17). What do they tell us about God? How should they affect our attitudes as we worship God? According to 2 Corinthians 3:18, how does God's glory come to fill our lives?

reply: reading the passages you quote gives us a small glimpse into the nature of what G-d is, but also they tell us how we ought to come boldly without fear and worship Him as our Creator and LORD of our Salvation.

We ought then come to HIM in great FAITH and an attitude of Prayer and thanksgiving. for the Joy of the LORD is in them who dilligently come to him in such a manner. We should also come to HIM as a freind and a father. We should get to know HIM on a personal level. When we approach a friend we call them by His Name, this is what the LORD seeks from us. From the very beginning HE revealed HIS NAMES to us and we should approach HIM The Bible as from my own studies reveals that HE has more than 60 names (some claim 120 names that qwe can approach HIM with. It is my desire to know HIM fully. By learning His names and understanding them our prayers and meditations have more meaning. His Glory lifts us up and HIS spirit joins with our spirit and we become one with the FATHER of all.

• 2 weeks later...
Q4. Meditate on the titles "King of Glory" (Psalm 24:7-10) and "Father of glory" (Ephesians 1:17). What do they tell us about God? How should they affect our attitudes as we worship God? According to 2 Corinthians 3:18, how does God's glory come to fill our lives?

These two phrases tell me that God is the supreme ruler of us all and I'm His child. My attitude should be humble, respectful, caring, loving, obedience, and submission to God when I worship Him. Gods' glory fills my life when God can see Himself when He look at Lindalou not the flesh but my spirit.

These two phrases tell me that God is the supreme ruler of us all and I'm His child. My attitude should be humble, respectful, caring, loving, obedience, and submission to God when I worship Him. Gods' glory fills my life when God can see Himself when He look at Lindalou not the flesh but my spirit.

• 2 months later...

In Psalms 24, it asked the guestion: Who is this King of glory? David then answers his own question: The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle...The Lord Almighty, he is the King of glory.

David spent most of his adult life in battle. He saw, first hand, the Lord fighting for Israel. In Ephesians 1:17, He is described as the Father of glory...giver of the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him. The Amplified Bible defines knowledge of Him as deep and intimate.

How does this affect my worship of GOD? Knowing He is All Mighty God, increases the reverence in coming into His presence and increases my faith in His All Mighty Power - to work in His children's behalf. As Father of glory, He does reveal His mysteries to His children and allows us to know Him deeply and intimately - which stirs in me a deep-rooted love and devotion to Him.

How does God's glory fill our lives? By His Spirit and His Word we are being transformed into His own image; He provides when we are out of human resources - physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, financially. Isn't that amazing?!!!

The titles, King of Glory and Father of Glory, bring two things to mind for me. 1. King depicts God's reign and rule. He is the King--the high ruler of all things. 2. Father, shows His loving side. While He is Supreme over all things, He is also loving, like a father with his children.

The fact is though that these two titles bring another facet to mind. Glory. What is glory? Praise, honor, worship. God is the King of all glory (praise, honor, worship). He reigns over and absorbs all praise, honor, and worship. Nothing else in the world (or universe) is to be praised, honored, or worshipped more than or over HIm. Likewise He is the Father of Glory. He created praise, honor, and worship. He begat it so to speak.

According to 2 Cor. 3:18, we are a reflection of God's glory (praise, honor, and worship). As we become more and more like Him, we give off more of His glory (praise, honor and worship). By praising Him, honoring Him, and worshipping Him, we become more and more like Him.

I LOOKED UP THE MEANING OF THE WORD GLORY AND IT SAYS IT MEANS ADORATION AND HIGHEST PRAISE SO OUR ATTITUDE IN WORSHIP SHOULD BE TO REALISE WHO HE IS AND GIVE HIM ALL THE PRAISE AND ADORATION BECAUSE NOT ONLY IS HE KING OF GLORY BUT ALSO HE IS THE FATHER OF GLORY AND WORTHY OF RESPECT.AS WE STUDY THE WORD AND GET TO KNOW HIM, THE HOLY SPIRIT DOES THE TRANSFORMING WORK IN US SO THAT WE ARE BEING CHANGED FROM GLORY TO GLORY.THAT'S MY HEART'S DESIRE; TO BE MORE LIKE HIM AND TO BEHOLD HIS GLORY.GOD BLESS...

• 1 month later...

The names above remind us with whom we have to deal! Our God is worthy of praise and Glory and Honour because He is Our Creator and maker!

We are changed from flesh unto the Glory of God by the Spirit working thru us and by obtain a glorified body in the future!

• 3 weeks later...

With great readiness: the doors and gates must be thrown open to him, we let Jesus Christ, the King of glory, come into our souls, and welcome him with hosannas.

The Father of that infinite glory which shines in the face of Christ, who is "the glory" (the true Shekinah), whose attribute is infinite wisdom and who works wisdom in believers, function it is to reveal to believers spiritual mysteries, in the full knowledge of Him.

God's glory come to fill our lives by beholding Him (Jesus Christ) with an open face.

• 2 weeks later...

The King of Glory and the Father of Glory tells me that God is Mighty and and Strong and all Glory belongs to Him. We should be humbled before Him and reverence His prescence in our lives. We should obey Him always and Praise Him for His Glory that He shows to us. When we accept Christ into our hearts and lives, He comes to live within us and as we study His Word, He changes us to be more like His Son Jesus. As we learn more about Jesus, the more we will know about His Father, because His life reflects His Father.

The question

• 4 weeks later...

Psalm 24:7-10

Here we see God riding to the gates of Jerusalem, coming from the battlefield as a victor. He has plundered Satan's realm, the earth, and now victoriously comes to Jerusalem's gates, the King of Glory indeed.

God is strong and mighty, and invincible in battle. His armies are Heaven's armies.

Keil & Delitzsch commentary states about the repetition in verses 9 and 10: "The gates of Zion ask once more, yet now no longer hesitantly, but in order to hear more in praise of the Great King." I like this perspective, :) .

This calls for us to shout in praise to the Lord, the King of Glory. That is what I am compelled to do when thinking of my great, strong, mighty and invincible King of Glory.

Ephesians 1:17

Was it the King of Glory in Psalm 24:7-10, now Paul gives this yet another dimension, the "Father of Glory".

"King" is very often still far away. High and lofty indeed. You cannot just visit a King. A King is very often not that close to his people.

"Father of Glory", as Paul states it in Ephesians 1:17, brings everything much much closer. God is still great, strong, mighty, and invincible in battle, but now "Father" brings me close to him.

When I worship and think of Father (or Father of Glory), I imagine myself sitting in his lap, feeling his oh so strong arms around me, holding me so tightly to him. And I lean against him, my eyes closed, knowing I am so safe in the arms of my strong and mighty ABBA.

2 Corinthians 3:18

The veil is a picture of everything that keeps us from turning to the Lord. With that veil still on my heart (not having repented and turned to the Lord), I cannot understand the things of God.

But unveiled (having turned to the Lord in repentance) we can see and reflect the Glory of God. And God (the Holy Spirit in us) changes us "from one degree of glory to the next" (Complete Jewish Bible), and we are more and more like him, in his image.

As King of glory, not only is God characterized by glory, but it seems to me that He is the ruler of glory, if you follow me. Glory is at the command of God, it is His to do with as He pleases. Also, not only His personal glory, but that which he bestows on others.

Likewise, in the more intimate role of Father of Glory, not only is God characterized by glory, but He is the source of all glory--without him, glory is nonexistant.

2Co 3:18 But we all, with our face having been unveiled, having beheld the glory of the Lord as in a mirror, are being changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Lord Spirit. (MKJV)

How does God's glory infiltrate our lives?

~by us first unveiling our faces. - This unveiling is brought about by turning to the Lord (2 Cor 3:16). This is symbolized by the ripping in two of the temple curtain at the time of the crucifixion.

~through the mirror. What is the mirror?

James 1:23-24 - For if anyone is a hearer of the Word and not a doer, he is like a man studying his natural face in a mirror. For he studied himself and went his way, and immediately he forgot what he was like.

The mirror is the Word of God, The Bible. It reveals to us our true character is the light of God's glory.

~by the Spirit of God.

If we continually keep looking back in the mirror, we will slowly see ourselves being transformed from one glimpse of glory to another, until that glory is revealed.

Phillipians 1:6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ,

Rom 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the coming glory to be revealed in us.

This glory represents God's strength and power. He is mighty in battle and defends His children. He is the Lord over all creation.

When we faithfully seek Him, He rewards us by granting us a spirit of wisdom and revelation so that we can know more of Him. This is not just a superficial knowledge. This is a continual, deepening understanding of who God is. He invites us to not only learn about His glory, but also the "mysteries and secrets" of His kingdom. By focusing on His glory, we can begin to understand what a profoundly wondrous God we serve.

His glory fills our lives because when we worship Him we are continually transformed into His image and from one degree of glory to another. This reminds us that a walk with God is not something that happens all at once. Our Father takes us little by little, as much as we will allow Him, and begins to remake and remold us. This process often happens at a much slower pace than we would like and usually doesn't occur just exactly how we would like either. But we will never experience the full glory of God until we totally submit ourselves to Him and allow Him to begin His transforming work.

• 2 weeks later...

All Glory is from God and God alone. We are not to take glory for ourselves. he is the mighty and the almighty. The Lord most High. He sends the Holy Spirit to us to fill us with His Glory. We should look up to The King of Glory with awe and reverance in our heart. For He is worthy to receive all praises and glory from us.

• 2 months later...

King of Glory

This title extolls the majesty, supremacy, and might of the Great God. For me, personally, the symbolic lifting of the heavy, massive gates and doors equates with the lifting and alleviating of burdens, trials and sorrows in my life as the King of Glory and the Lord of Hosts marches through conquering every obstacle standing in his way.

Father of Glory

The Father of Glory is a phrase of power and comfort! The Father! giving His children some of the glory that He radiates. Part of this glory takes the form of the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him.

In my thinking, activities, work, and everyday living, every particle of my being must reflect reverence, wonder, thanksgiving, and obedience in the presence and holiness of the Glory. As the Lord declares, "Be you Holy for I am Holy!!!"

• 3 months later...

Ps. 24;7-10 He is honorable, the word for glory is kabod, kabed; meang weighty, honour, promote

So he is honorable in a weighty way, or heavy way.

Eph 1;17 Father of honor Greek for glory; doza; praise, honor, dignity.

The father of honor, or of praise will give us a spirit of wisdom and revealtions of him. ( el elohym supreme one)

II Cor. 3;18 we behold his glory with unveiled faces, Glory; doxa; praise, honor, dignity.

We can see his honor, dignity, praise, of our Lord (kurios- supreme one in authority)

We are to honor the supreme one in authority over us. being changed inot his likeness from one degree to another of his glory (praise, honor, dignity) I choose honor and praise. For this comes from the Lord who is the spirit.

So we see here that he is spirit (loving) (I JN 4;8)

My own words; unveiling our faces to see the honor of the honorable one are being we are changed into his likeness from one level to another of honor, for this comes from the honorable supreme one, who is spirit.

Haleluah, Praise the Lord, I'm very excited about this....!!!!

These passages of Scripture tell us that God is the Glorious Most High God and Creator of the heavens and earth. The Creator of the universe. God is glorious beyond our imaginations and ability to know.

Paul writes that we, believers/saints, reflect the glory of God. That in fact, as we submit ourselves to Him and allow Him to work in our lives, we are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory. The Spirit of God, the Holy Spirit, is instrumental in this process. In other words, as the Holy Spirit operates in our lives, we are becoming more like the Lord.

God's glory fills our lives through the Holy Spirit.

• 4 weeks later...

He is the King of Glory. He is an all powerful and an all consuming, God. Even His enemies bow before Him for they can not stand before Him.

The Lord Jesus Christ is the Father of Glory. He is the Father of all. He represents the King of Glory and He is of the King of Glory.

You can not stand before the King of Glory for His glory would consume us. However, you can stand before the Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of Glory. For He has made a way for us.

Hebrews 4:14-16 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed into the Heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast to our profession.

15For we do not have a High Priest who cannot be touched with the feelings of our infirmities, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.

16Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

They are to be praised and honored above all. There should be a reverence and honor when approaching the Lord, we should be in awe of Him and His magnificance. And yet He is very approachable and can relate to our every need and want.

2 Corinthians 3:18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Everyday as we set our face toward Him, we are being transformed into His image as we obey Him and allow Him to work in our lives.

• 3 weeks later...

I think we get a really good picture of the glory of God when we read about how Moses had to cover his face after seeing God because the

Having been raised in a church where the glory of God was rarely mentioned, and having only in the past few years been subjected to this teaching, I find myself still unfamiliar and tentative in worshipping Him as King of Glory. 2 Corinthians 3:18 tells us that the God's glory comes to us "from the Lord, who is the Spirit".

• 3 weeks later...

this tells me he is the head of all things nothing above him . he is the king of kings , lord of lords . we may call others king of something and that is just a title for them, but GOD is the KING of us all. the LORD IS strong and mighty. i have found this in my walk with him. he has never failed me and never will. he is the LORD of host. if we will yeald ourself to him he will lead us into wisdom and truth. his glory will help us when the devil trys to trick us and make us doubt him.