JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. King of Glory

Pastor Ralph

Q4. Meditate on the titles "King of Glory" (Psalm 24:7-10) and "Father of glory" (Ephesians 1:17). What do they tell us about God? How should they affect our attitudes as we worship God? According to 2 Corinthians 3:18, how does God's glory come to fill our lives?

That the Lord is strong and mighty. We should always lift our heads up to Him so that the King of Glory can come into our lives. They should make our attitudes in tune with Jesus and our attitudes should always be positive. When we meet with Jesus we should meet Him with unveiled faces so that we can reflect the Lord's glory.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All glory and splendour belongs to Him. He is the Glorious Father, full of glory, filling the whole world with His glory. Surely He is the King and Father of all the glory.

We behold the Glorious Father's image here on earth. As we continue to live in His will, we are filled everyday and always encompass His glory in our lives.

Q4. Meditate on the titles "King of Glory" (Psalm 24:7-10) and "Father of glory" (Ephesians 1:17). What do they tell us about God? How should they affect our attitudes as we worship God? According to 2 Corinthians 3:18, how does God's glory come to fill our lives?

King of Glory/ Father of Glory is so awesome HE is the creator, the giver, the one Most High. The more I learn about HIM, the more I want to learn. HIS grace, His compassion, HIS everything is none to be compared with any other.

I should hold nothing back in my worship, praise, or my daily walk with HIM, (try to be more like HIM). The more I learn about GOD the more HE will transform me.

No matter what's going on in your life- Despite what you see - GOD is all powerful and all mighty. He will fight your battles for you. HE will keep you from falling. HE alone deserves all of the glory and the praise. HE will get the glory no matter what. As a child running to the loving arms of his father -the protector, the comforter- so shall we run to the Father of Glory. GOD's glory fills us through Jesus Christ our LORD and Savior-seeking his face- worshipping and adoring HIM.

• 3 weeks later...

Moses, whenever he went into the tabernacle to talk with the Lord, came out with his face literally radiating with God's glory. That kind of close contact with God changed him so dramatically that it even changed his physical appearance. Wow, I wish that I could be that close with God! The fact that we worship a glorious God should change us dramatically. When I spend time with the Lord in worship and meditation, I feel much different. I'm not weighed down by my mistakes, my weaknesses, my faults and my cares. I want God's glory to luminate all parts of my life and change me into his likeness. Lumination may not be comfortable at first-- darkness doesn't take to light very kindly. But if we allow God to penetrate the dark places, he can heal us and change us from within. Oh Lord, let that be my prayer; that ou would send your light into the dark places of my life and change and transform me into Your likeness. To God be the Glory!

• 4 weeks later...

The phrase "King of Glory" indicates to me that God is truly the master of all glory. He is the one who commands glory as well as the one from whom all glory exudes. When I think of the castles I have seen both in person and in books, I am struck with the earthly glory of the ones for whom these castles were built. But God's glory is so far beyond anything we can observe or imagine on earth that, as has been pointed out in other responses, when Moses was allowed to behold his glory, he was totally changed--in every way.

"Father of Glory" indicates that there are children of glory. To think that I can be one of those is overwhelming. And it is through nothing that I do; it is all because He made it possible for me to become a child of glory. Thank you, Father. Help me to live a life worthy of this gift of glory.

Q4. Meditate on the titles "King of Glory" Psa 24:7 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in. Psa 24:8 Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.Psa 24:9 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.Psa 24:10 Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah. and "Father of glory" Eph 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him.

What do they tell us about God?

God, the eternal Lord, strong and mighty in battle, is Jehovah God, the God of Abraham.

His glory is above all, the Lord of host is Yahweh, as seen in

Isa 1:9 Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom,

and we should have been like unto Gomorrah.

God is called Yahweh of hosts because He heads up all these armies, He is the host over all.

He is the Father of glory, worthy to be praised and honored, He is our glorious Father God.

The Father and God of our Lord Jesus Christ.

How should they affect our attitudes as we worship God?

Our worship should be seen in living a life of praise and honor unto God our Father, for He is worthy of our praise and adoration.

According to 2 Corinthians 3:18, how does God's glory come to fill our lives?

It is through the sweet Holy Spirit, our engagement ring from our Bridegroom,

Who reminds us, Christ is coming back for a faithful bride :unsure:

• 1 month later...

These titles tell us that God is not only the Most High, but only through Him can we achieve success (ie. glory) in our lives. These titles should encourage us to worship God with all our hearts, because only then can we attain glory, and not by any other means.

God's glory comes to fill our lives when we behold His glory and revere it. By doing this, we might attain glory for ourselves, and be as God in the sense that we are righteous, and attain glory above those who do not resist Satan.

• 3 weeks later...

The King of Glory shows me that God is strong and mighty over the whole universe, there is no other like Him, He is the Creator. The Father of Glory, who is Jesus Christ, will give us wisdom and understanding to help teach and guide us in the knowledge that we will need to know about His kingdom. This should affect out attitudes by being humble, giving Him reverence in our worship, and praising and thanking Him for all He has done. God's glory comes to fill our lives by making us into His image.

H3519

As a King, He is a ruler of the universe and so as He is royalty, He is worthy of our honor, from His subjects, but then we see Him as the Father, our Father, our parent, and He worthy of honor as we are to honor our physical parents. So when we consider these 2 scriptures together, we are to worship Him with the reverance you would give ruler, know that He is the Almighty, creator of the universe. As we grow in the knowledge of Him as our Father, we will love, and want to be close and to have a personal relationship with Him.

He comes to us as our Father, and changes us into His image and as we grow, he brings His comes to us, as we worship and praise Him by His Spirit.

"King of Glory" A kingdom is not a democracy. The King is the head and the rule maker. We bow to God as the high authority in our lives.

"Father of glory" God made the family as an example to us of spiritual life. The father in the home is the provider and protector (like God the Father). The children are under the authority of the father.

Glory is praise, honor, or distinction. It includes worshipful praise, honor, and thanksgiving. It can be something of great beauty and splendor. Glory is a word that we can contemplate and attempt to define, but I don't believe we will have a complete revelation of its fullness until we reach Heaven.

Reva

These titles tell that he is the he is the Higher than all things and that he is Glory and he is the one that we should praise and love. King of Glory and Father of Glory shows that he is all things and is beautiful and is the King of all.

These things have shown me that I need to put my faith in him and to praise him. That he will use me to bring him Glory as we are to bring Glory to his Name as he work through us to help us better understand him and that he wants to make us more like him if we are willing to accept him and let him use us to bring Glory to his great name.

• 2 weeks later...

Q4. Meditate on the titles "King of Glory" (Psalm 24:7-10) and "Father of glory" (Ephesians 1:17). What do they tell us about God?

He is God, Ruler of all, Royal Sovereign above every "nation and kindred", V.8 "He is The Lord, strong and mighty in battle...He is the ultimate warrior...v.10: The Lord of hosts..He is King over all celestial and earthly creatures. All creation was created by His Hand, and is subject to His Authority. Eph. 1:17: He is God & Father of our Lord Jesus Christ....as the fount of all wisdom, He gives wisdom and revelation of Himself. We come to the Father through the Son, but no one comes to the Son unless the Father draws him/her. (The Perfect union of the Trinity draws those who will say "yes", to Him)

How should they affect our attitudes as we worship God?

As my God & Father He deserves my utmost honor, reverence and respect, and all of the joyful worship & praise I can offer in humility and love (even when it is a sacrificial offering due to illness, or crushing circumstances), because my will is subject to His in surrender. He calls me friend because I am in Christ, and deserves my loyalty as my only Sovereign.

According to 2 Corinthians 3:18, how does God's glory come to fill our lives?

Like caterpillars in metamorphosis, we are transformed from one degree of glory to another into His image, by the Holy Spirit, as we bask in, soak in, & apply the Word of God. This verse describes this process as "looking into the mirror and beholding His Glory" transfigures us into His very own image in ever increasing splendor which comes from the Lord Who is the Spirit. (As we spend more and more time in His Presence, we become like Him...what a great motivator to make sure He is my priority every day!)

King Of Glory reminds me that GOD is ruler of me an dwhatever happens in/through/and aroung me.

God reigns on high above all things.

Father of Glory tells me tha GOD is the head of all things, as the father is considered head of the household.

both of thes phrases point to GOD as an authorative figure. above all else with none to compare.

"Who is the King of Glory?". My God is. He is the Warrior above all warriors. From Psalm 24, "the King of Glory" in that context seems to imply His Kingship as being in charge as well as Him being the Victorious Warrior. So...King of Glory seems a combination of Sovereignty and Victory.

His glory speaks to me of His presence, of His strong presence which I experience from time to time, of His strength, and of His character.

According to the 2 Cor passage, He is revealing His glory to me and changing me to be like Him.

Sandra

• 1 month later...

HE is King, HE is Father. All glory is HIS . I am HIS child and have right to inherit from HIS glory.

• 2 weeks later...

That He is the KING and Father of glory. He is the Ruler of all, and at the same time He has become our Father. And we can cry out to Him ABBA Father, yet still know that He is the Creator of all Glory, the glory in this earth and the glory in Heaven. The glory of His Honour, his Holy Name, splendor. We should think on His magneficence as we praise Him. 2Co 3:18 mentions that we all, with open face beholding as in a glass meaning to mirror oneself, that is, to see reflected in us the glory of the Faher in us as we worship him transforming us to look like him by the power of the Holy spirit.

• 2 months later...

These titles tell us of Gods great glory how glory is initiated by Him through Him and in Him He is the King of glory more than just a title it belongs to Him. 2cor 3:18 tells us Gods glory comes to fill our lives more and more as we look upon His glory and by the power of His Holy Spirit in our lives as we learn to move and breathe and have our being.

I know I am being transformed into His likeness with ever-increasing glory.

As He is King of Glory, His glory is complete. Not only that, but He is Lord of it. Ruler of it. I like what Fred wrote - "more than just a title it belongs to Him."

As Father of Glory, He is the author of it, the protector of it, the provider of it.

• 2 weeks later...

In Ps24:7-10 God is expressed and being worthy of worship even in our times of distress, the psalmist seems to be exhorting the reader to receive all the Glory of God. Here he says to lift up your heads ( be confident in God Glory because it is above everything) he uses the gate and the door as a symbol of us opening ourselves up to receive God's Glory. The King to me signifies protection as head of a state. with armies and those able to enforce his will. This is King of Glory

In Ephesians 1:17 somewhat the same thing only here Paul is exhorting them to know that because of their belief in Jesus as savior there is a confident that the Father of Glory will express his glory in them through them. One major difference is how God is seen in each verse in the old testament God is seen as a King. But expressions like Abba move the view of God from commander and Chief to the loving father whom will help you in your time of need. This is Father of Glory

As we come to recognize God's Glory in our live from prayer, study, and seeking his presence, we come to realize that God is a person; a Person in Spirit whom we can have a personal relationship with. Then we are set free from Laws, rights, and rituals that try to express him, our faces shining with the bright of his glory, ( people will see us and glorify the Father in Heaven) as we become more and more like him.

• 4 weeks later...

God is the King of Glory and Jesus is the Father of Glory. The Glory is the weighty presence of God. We should be more aware of the shekinah glory of God, therefore we should humble ourselves in the presence of the most holy God. The more time we spend in the presence of God, the more He fills us with His glory so that we become more like Him and less of ourselves.

• 4 weeks later...

I believe these titles are so important that they remind us that we cannot take being in His presence lightly. We need to exercise reverence for Him.

According to 2 Corinthians 3:18, God's glory fills our lives through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. We are continually transformed into His likeness as we submit ourselves to Him daily.

• 5 weeks later...

"King of Glory and Father of glory" tells us that God is strong and mighty. It, also, tells us that God is the King or Father of honor/respect. Our attitudes affect our worship because our worship will not be to glorify God but our ourselves. We should praise and worship God, because he is/was who he says he is.If we praise and worship God with all that we have.

• 1 month later...

God is the King of glory because He is the ultimate personification of perfection, Holiness, goodness, might, authority...etc. When we worship God we need to think of all these attributes and realize that it is really unfathomable and also very humbling that we the creatures who are so limited, and imperfect are allowed to communicate with Him and call Him Abba. God's glory come to fill our lives when we worship Him in Spirit and in truth, because where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom, the Spirit helps us to be gradually transformed to the image of Jesus and be delivered from the ways, beliefs and authority of the worl, thus reflecting more and more His glory to those around us.