JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Elisha and the Chariots

Pastor Ralph

Elisha's servant was looking at the natural which is what alot of people do. He saw the army and got into fear. Nobody's perfect but we do need to remember that we don't have to fear our enemies or giants because we have The Lord. 

It takes us to keep our eyes on The Lord and what his word says not the circumstances because The Lord is far bigger than our circumstances.

The one living in me which is God is greater than any trial or circumstance. God is greater than the devil. So any tricks Satan tries to come up with I should remember that God's word is bigger. I need to stand on his word.

• Pastor Ralph changed the title to Q2. Elisha and the Chariots
  • 3 months later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. (2 Kings 6:13-17) Why was Elisha's servant afraid?
His servant was afraid because he thought they were alone in the battle, all he could see was the vast amount of soil dears on the opposing side. He couldn’t see that God’s army was encamped around the whole city ready to defend Elisha.

What was the difference between Elisha and his servant? Elisha trusted and believed in the LORD. He knew that God was with him and that He fights our battles.

What does it take for our eyes to be opened?  Belief that God will never leave us our forsake us. That He is invested in our well being, He created us we are His children. An just as an earthly father will protect his off spring so much more will our LORD and Savior protect us.

How can 1 John 4:4 strengthen you in your spiritual battle? It reminds me that God is in me and He is greater than anything. He is my problem solver, my defender, protector, my everything. An there is NOTHING that is to hard for Him. 

• 1 month later...