JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. The Eternal God

It makes me happy to think of it ,also I get excited to be in the presence of the where there will be no pain or regrets but everlasting joy. see my Mom and Dad again. I can never grasp the whole concept for any time I try to understand God I am overwhelmed with humility. I just feel greateful to his daughter that He loves.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inhabiting Eternity with the Eternal God is beyond my comprehension and indescribable.It will be totally outside the dimension of time. there will be no more sorrow or pain and the former things are past. All evil will be banished, God's life and glory will be determinative for all that exists and takes place.

What would it be like when I inhabit Eternity with God? Everytime I think of this I become speechless and humbled. It would be glorious uninmaginable.

• 1 year later...

Names of God, Lesson 3; Isaiah 57:15

Q1: What do you think it is like to inhabit eternity?

I've thought often about this, and find I can't get my mind around it, since everything in our world has a beginning and an end. But with what I've experienced in knowing my Lord, it will be glorious beyond description. The Bible tells us, there will be no more death, no more tears, no more disease or sorrow or separation. And since God is Spirit and is everywhere at once, we will all be in His presence at all times for ever...wrapped in love, security, awe, wonder, delight, ecstasy! At one time I did experience His visual presence in the room with me during a time of great fear. I was crying out to Him to help me and He spoke: "Be still and know that I AM God" then He vanished. The only way I've been able to describe that encounter was absolute peace and love...like warm oil being poured over me and within me....never wanting it to end...lost in Him.

What will it be like when you inhabit eternity with the Eternal God, seated with Christ Jesus in heavenly places?

We will be ruling and reigning with Him....so there will be no evil anymore, no conflict (our flesh will be left behind in the grave or in the rapture), so we will be in one accord with our brothers and sisters since all worldliness will be gone. We will be like Him, the Bible tells us. We will get to explore the Universe! We are joint heirs with our Savior, so we will share all that is His (except His Deity). There will be no darkness...so we will live in His glorious, Holy, light. (Which is too bright for our earthly eyes to behold or we'd be blinded by it)

What emotions does this inspire in you?

Wonder! Awe! Joy! Excitement! Longing for home!  Curiosity!  (What will our home be like that He has spent so much time preparing?)Completion!....Shalom (nothing missing, nothing broken)

• 1 year later...

Being human, there is no concept of eternity that is understandable, rather it is a spiritual experience that we are looking for and working to obtain.  To be with Jesus in heaven is to be without earthly constraints and to be surrounded in his glory and his light and in his presence.  That presence is joyful, peaceful, holy, righteous and all consuming.  Jesus is the light that we are to walk in and he has promised us a place to dwell in with him , in him, for he is the light.  For those of us who are suffering physically and mentally here on earth, it is a comfort to know that there will be relief from all of this when we go to this place that he has promised.  And it is really not a place maybe, but just a presences, his presences.  We see and read everything scripture as being something we can touch or see with our human form through our minds eye.  But the things of the scriptures, such as what are being descripted in Isaiah and Revelations are just symbols to help us visualize a picture of what it will be like in heaven.  Even heaven is presented as an object for us to see so that we can understand with our human minds,  however being in God's present is spiritual, it is not to be seen but felt and experience.  Can any of us remember anything before we were born???????? We see now evidence of the world and things that happened before we were born,  so that place where we were before we were born...........can you feel it?  can we comprehend it?  Can we see it?? Can we experience it???  do we understand it?????  This presence with the Lord is an experience of peace and joy and happiness that we are not experiencing on earth in our physical form but will enjoy with God in our spiritual form when we entered into his presence.   "I want to be in that number when the Saints go marching in".!!!!!!

• 6 months later...

Q2. (Isaiah 57:15) What do you think it is like to "inhabit eternity"? What will it be like when you inhabit eternity with the Eternal God, seated with Christ Jesus in heavenly places? What emotions does this inspire in you?

Time is a physical property, just like space. If there is no space, there is no time. That is why scientists term it as space time or time space continuum, where the three dimensions of space and the dimension of time is fused to a single four dimensional continuum. Eternity is beyond our understanding, because we are within the confines of space time. To hypothetically understand that we do not understand eternity, an example would be, trying to explain a three dimensional world to the imaginary inhabitants of two dimensional world. Being within the confines of length and width, they wouldn’t comprehend depth, unlike us. Even with much explanation, they would be too baffled to understand one more dimension in their minds. Same thing for us. Eternity is a dimension beyond our understanding.

So, as we anticipate inhabiting eternity, we trust God who has promised us that He has already seated us with Him. We walk by faith and not by sight. It is written eye has not seen, ear has not heard, nor the heart understood the things that God has prepared for those who love Him. We love Him because He first loved us. And because He loves us, whatever He said in His word is true. If the Scripture says it is beyond our understanding, but it is something that is much beyond we have ever seen, heard or understood, it must be definitely an experience worth looking forward to.

For me, to think that He loves me, considers me precious in His sight, that I should belong to Him, called me as His own, adopted me into His kingdom, gave me the spirit of adoption to call Him “Abba, Father”, knowing that I would forever be gazing at His loveliness, worshipping Him in the beauty of His holiness, and know Him as He is when I see Him, is giving me an anticipation to look forward to it in eagerness. If being His now, gives me such joy, what it would be when there would be uninterrupted fellowship with my Lord and my Savior, forever.

Time is a physical property, just like space. If there is no space, there is no time. That is why scientists term it as space time or time space continuum, where the three dimensions of space and the dimension of time is fused to a single four dimensional continuum. Eternity is beyond our understanding, because we are within the confines of space time. To hypothetically understand that we do not understand eternity, an example would be, trying to explain a three dimensional world to the imaginary inhabitants of two dimensional world. Being within the confines of length and width, they wouldn’t comprehend depth, unlike us. Even with much explanation, they would be too baffled to understand one more dimension in their minds. Same thing for us. Eternity is a dimension beyond our understanding.

So, as we anticipate inhabiting eternity, we trust God who has promised us that He has already seated us with Him. We walk by faith and not by sight. It is written eye has not seen, ear has not heard, nor the heart understood the things that God has prepared for those who love Him. We love Him because He first loved us. And because He loves us, whatever He said in His word is true. If the Scripture says it is beyond our understanding, but it is something that is much beyond we have ever seen, heard or understood, it must be definitely an experience worth looking forward to.

For me, to think that He loves me, considers me precious in His sight, that I should belong to Him, called me as His own, adopted me into His kingdom, gave me the spirit of adoption to call Him “Abba, Father”, knowing that I would forever be gazing at His loveliness, worshipping Him in the beauty of His holiness, and know Him as He is when I see Him, is giving me an anticipation to look forward to it in eagerness. If being His now, gives me such joy, what it would be when there would be uninterrupted fellowship with my Lord and my Savior, forever.

• 3 months later...
On 2/15/2006 at 5:47 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q2. (Isaiah 57:15) What do you think it is like to "inhabit eternity"? What will it be like when you inhabit eternity with the Eternal God, seated with Christ Jesus in heavenly places? What emotions does this inspire in you?

I have no idea what it is like to "inhabit eternity", but I believe it will be extremely exciting and I am waiting to be able to live with God forever.

It tells us in the Bible that as the bride of Christ, we will be ruling and reigning with God and there will be no more evil and the Lamb of God will sit on the throne. And we will not need the sun or moon to give us light, for the glory of God and Jesus is our light. There will be no darkness when we are with Him. So many emotions are inspired in me when I think of eternity. I am excited, eagerly waiting, in awe and much more.

• 11 months later...

I find it hard to comprehend about gOD Inhabiting eternity. On this earth we are all obsessed with time and the clock. We cannot fathom eternity and God who is a spiritual being ; living in asn eternal state. With Him there is no time limits at all; a day is like a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. No pressure to do things by a schedule or be somewhere.

I can see the streets of gold and all the redeemed singing His praises there. I can see all the apostles and saints raising their hands to worship Him. A place where there will be no  more evil or pain or sorrow. A place more beautiful than the earth we live on now because we will be with Him.

It brings peace of mind and thankfulness and praise because He loves me and finds me worthy to be with Him there.

• 1 month later...

I think to "inhabit eternity" is like living in the Garden of Eden before man's fall.  Everything is perfect.  There is just love and laughter, joy and gladness.  There is total wholeness - nothing lacking, nothing broken.  Everyone will be living in love and unity.  And the awesome relationship with our Father where nothing gets in the way of sweet, glorious fellowship is mind boggling. We will be happily dancing around Him, bowing in worship and adoring Him eternally.

When we inhabit eternity there will be such peace, such glorious peace. The Bible talks about ruling and reigning with Christ. I do not know what my task will be but what I do know is that being with THEM eternally makes me want to dance the jig on my head and every other body part ??.  But I suppose I should be a little more pious about this subject ?.

The emotions this inspire in me range from pure joy mingled with some amount of impatience to excitement, then some sobering up with the thought 'would I be afraid of Him?'  followed immediately by 'nope, I will not have to be afraid' for He is love.  Right now just the thought of spending eternity with Him has me smiling from ear to ear like the cat that found itself locked in the pantry with all the milk.  But seriously, it really makes me excitingly happy.

• 6 months later...

I have the indwelling Christ (John 14:20).  According to Isaiah 57:15,  God dwells in the hearts of those who are contrite and humble.   Apostle Paul stated it so well that we are seated in heavenly places (Ephesians 2:6).  For Apostle Paul, eternity is now.    Throughout his epistles, the word 'now is used gso often.   The death, burial and Resurrection of Christ has wrought eternity. The heavenly life and spiritual benefits are available to the believer.. I love the Epistle to the Hebrews.   The availability of entering the Holy of Holies is a present reality due to our Joshua---Priest, Prophet and King has gone on before us.   St John believed so much that eternity is now.  Johnnaine theology is so rich in regards to this concept.

It encourages me to pray for a renewal of the Holy Spirit in my life.  I read in a book by a Greek monk that we need to pray until our hearts ache....pray with importunity!  He even stressed the importance of the gift of tears!   In quiet prayer, we can comprehend the transfiguration of Christ and the promises of the Holy Bible.

• 1 year later...

I think it is a feeling that is beyond what can be felt in this current life. Being with God forever will mean no more pain no more suffering and things being done right all the time. I believe we will be doing new things that we yet to imagine in this life. Total happiness and peace. It can be hard sometimes for a person to imagine this in the life we are in because we grew up in a sin filled world. But this wasn't the original plan for us to live like this. So I am excited thinking about eternity and just the love, joy and peace that comes with it.

• Pastor Ralph changed the title to Q2. The Eternal God
  • 3 months later...

Q2. (Isaiah 57:15) What do you think it is like to "inhabit eternity"? Our minds can’t begin to fathom what it would be like to inhabit eternity. 

What will it be like when you inhabit eternity with the Eternal God, seated with Christ Jesus in heavenly places? No more pain, the scars from surgeries and injuries will no longer be a reminder of hurt and sickness in our bodies. Everlasting piece and joy. I can only imagine what it will be like to be in Christ presence all day everyday. 

What emotions does this inspire in you? A longing deep in my soul to finally be with my Savior. To hear Him say well done, to receive my crown.