JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. The Lord Is My Shepherd

Guest Windy

Q2. (Psalm 23) Can you remember any times when God has cared for you as a Shepherd -- in times of blessing and in times of trouble? What are you facing right now where you realize your need to rely on God as your Shepherd?

Early in my life, God was there, to help me care for my sisters. Our mother decided to take off and our Dad was working two jobs to support us. If God had not been with me and guiding me, I would not have been able to care for the kids, do the housework, the cooking and keep up with my school work. I was a freshmen, I had 4 younger sister, the youngest was 1yr. old. God was there, his loving arms were around me. When I was older I drifted away, and things started getting bad, they went from bad to worse. I was a lost sheep and the Shepherd came and rescued me again. As an adult I know who much I need God and just how good He was to when I was a kid and now as an adult. I can't image my life without God, nor do I want to be without Him. He is my Rock, my safe place, my comforter and most of all my Savior.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. (Psalm 23) Can you remember any times when God has cared for you as a Shepherd -- in times of blessing and in times of trouble? What are you facing right now where you realize your need to rely on God as your Shepherd?

There are many times in my life that God cared for me as a Shepherd, if fact He cares for me every day. In the beginning of the new year the future looks very dark with all the economy difficulties in the land and the world for that matter, when I look at the circumstances around me, its easy to be afraid like the sheep in the dark valleys, but then when I look up, I see the Shepherd with His Rod and His staff and I remember that He is the Good Shepherd and provider and that He will see us through. May that be a testimony for His name sake when the people who does not know Him, see how he provide for His children.

• 4 months later...

I remember daily that God has always been my Shepherd even from my mother's womb without Him as my Shepherd I will not be living today. He loves, leads, guide, guard, defends, provide, restore me etc. To God my shepherd be the glory.

As a matter of fact I need Him daily as my Shepherd in all areas of my life because I cannot do without Him - my spiritual life - sometimes fear and doubt especially to witness Him. I really need discerning spirit and increased faith. My marriage, my family, job but I know He is able

• 5 months later...

Yes, on several occasions and all the time. A car accident where my car did two 360’s bouncing from the median and back to the guard rail before it flew airborne off the expressway with me in it. He watches over and takes care of me…good times and not so good times. I have been blessed, and I thank God for keeping and blessing me especially, when I was worldly.

Right now, I’m in the wilderness and my faith is being tested. I don’t feel good about some of the things that have occurred. I have days some good and not so good. But, I’ve come to the realization that it’s not about me and God works things for the good and His purpose. I can’t see anything ahead; all I know is I have to trust and rely on God to bring me out which I know He is going to do. You can’t talk to anyone because people don’t understand what you’re going through and they put worldly spins on spiritual things. It’s even harder if He decides to isolate you from outside interferences because you have nowhere or no one to turn to except Him (which is better but you can’t see that upfront).

In the wilderness you learn to rely on God and God only for any and everything. To include, talking to Him about what and how you feel about the things that you are going through. Isaiah 26:3 “You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast upon thee, because he trusts in you”; is a favorite verse of mine. I try to keep focused on Him or things of Him so that I won’t react to the outside disturbances and they don’t have a major effect on me.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes there are times when God gives me someone to shephard. I have done it 2 times. Right now I have a friend who needs help and I am helping her emotionaly, physically, and spiritually.

• 3 months later...

Q2. (Psalm 23) Can you remember any times when God has cared for you as a Shepherd - in times of blessing and in times of trouble? What are you facing right now where you realize your need to rely on God as your Shepherd?

I was born into a Buddhist/Taoist family. Christianity was frowned upon as it is considered a western religion. Even as a child and an unbeliever, I would always pray God help me whenever I am in trouble and God always helped me. Of course, at that time, I didnt realise that the God I was calling upon was Yahweh. On my first visit to church and I went to with great skepticism, God met me there !!!!

Over the years, I have relied more and more on God. My husband and I take every issue facing us, to God for help and comfort. Right now, I am relying on God on various family issues like a new job for my husband, my children's education and their walk with God.

• 1 year later...

Q2. (Psalm 23) Can you remember any times when God has cared for you as a Shepherd -- in times of blessing and in times of trouble?

Yeah, not so long ago I was suffering real crippling pain in both my shoulders that no one could diagnose or treat successfully. I went to the Healing Rooms, a non-denominational ministry of people who pray for God's healing and restoration and minister to those who need it, and I was delivered from demonic possession and oppression. No wonder no conventional healing would work! As soon as I got any treatment the condition worsened! In just a couple of days after they laid hands on me a prayed with me I was good to go.

What are you facing right now where you realize your need to rely on God as your Shepherd?

I'm a self-employed itinerant Blues guitarist/singer. I get all my own bookings and I'm a real one man operation. I get no help of any kind from any human agent. In fact I'm aggressively persecuted just for being a good player. I face opposition from every other act in my genre and others, from each and every booking agent in the business, and even from some of the people who frequent certain venues where I used to play simply because their girlfriends might have smiled at me. It's the alcohol that makes people like that. Yet despite all that, I'm picking up work right left and center! God is making that happen. I'm not stupid enough to believe that out of all the CDs that land on the desks of all the venue managers, they'd pick mine to listen to and from there book me for paying work. What are the odds of that? No, it's God who is making that happen. Without His help I'd be nowhere.

• 5 years later...

Many times I have experienced His care over my life as a Shepherd. When I have strayed and wandered from His ways, He has brought me right back to Him. When my son was an infant, he had a near death experience, because of breathing difficulty. He rescued him and gave him back to us and thus has been our consolation. There were many instances during our times of financial difficulties, how He provided for us – truly leading us beside green pastures.  

Since He is our Good Shepherd, who leads us, guides us, protects us, defends us, I need Him every moment of my life.

• 1 year later...

I remember when my husband died and he brought people to comfort and help me many times. He blessed me with unexpected money when I needed it.

Now I am facing bills that need to be paid and dealing with this virus that disrupts my life by stopping the senior van from picking me up. I am praying that God would intervene and allow me to get the supplies I need this week and provide for me.

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2006 at 1:13 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Yes, I believe that the path my life has taken is a clear demonstration of God's care for me as a Shepherd. When I never even thought about it, wasn't even looking for a job, God opened the door for me to be employed in the educational system where I worked for about twenty-six years.  Looking back, I believe that God set it up like that for more than one reason.  Number one, I think it was to have me trained as a teacher, and number two, to take care of me financially in my senior years.  It is almost nine years since I am retired  and I see God come through for me all the time.  In this pandemic I have been able, with God's help, to assist some persons who are less fortunate.  I  am blessed.

Almost everybody in the neighbourhood where I live know that I live by myself.  Also living in the same neighbourhood at the time was a young man who had a 'penchant' for sexually harassing females older than himself.  One day he came to my yard with a friend of my husband who is a mechanic and had come to fix a problem I was getting with my car.   I thought he was this guy's son for he was dressed in his school uniform.  He came to the door under the guise of asking for some water and went straight into a story about his private part and asked  if I wanted to see it.  When I talked to the mechanic about it, he then told me that this boy was the son of somebody I know form my area. Now this guy, who is five years older, taller and with a good bit of shoulders, came into my yard looking for me one day.  God is such an awesome Father.  Had I been at home at that time and alone as is usual, I do not know what might have happened. But my Good Shepherd knows the end from the beginning and so sees what is ahead. When I arrived home my sister-in-law called and asked if I knew he was in the yard.  Then another neighbour said she saw him in the yard behaving like I was expecting him.  Today he is in prison where he, along with other inmates cold bloodedly slit the main veins of another prisoner and watched while he bled to death, posting the entire thing on social media.

In this lesson the Shepherd as a healer is discussed.  I need my Shepherd to be my healer.  I am experiencing pains about my body -  fingers,  elbows, legs, etc.  I was told a number of years ago by a doctor that I would suffer like this, but healing is my heritage. So I am depending on my Healer.  He always come through for me.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2006 at 12:13 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q2. (Psalm 23) Can you remember any times when God has cared for you as a Shepherd -- in times of blessing and in times of trouble?  I can feel the blessings on me when I wake up each morning unharmed and in the same health I was in when I went to bed. 

What are you facing right now where you realize your need to rely on God as your Shepherd? Right now I am leaning on God to deliver me from my enemies, to lead me back home, restore me of the family, connections, opportunities taken from me. God Most High is my Shepherd, my Savior and Protector. He is fighting for me, defending me, and avenging me for all the wrongs that has been committed against me by the enemy. 

• 6 months later...

I can testify of my early years when I was in the 4th grade. The teacher read the 23rd psalm.  It made a deep impression on me !   I started to study the Bible !  Outside the school was a statue of Christ the Good Shepherd;  each day I would go by this statue going to school and going home.

Yes I am amazed how the Lord Jesus Christ has looked after me. Now that I am retired  I look back at 65 years old and see how God has intervene in my life.  How wonderful God used people like my parents  and mentors from Grammer school all the way through my secular career to assist me.  Since I am single never married,  the thought of Christ as my Shepherd is very meaningful to me.  I am so happy that the Holy Spirit is here on earth to be our Comforter.  I am complete in Christ.

• 1 year later...

Well many times throughout my life he has cared for me as Shepherd. Through the right jobs and other things. God has healed my body of things. Medication didn't do it. Going to the doctor didn't do it. God did it. There's nothing wrong with someone going to the doctor or taking medication but these were on going issues that the doctor's and medicine could not fix. They were just putting a band aid on when I needed wholeness.

I'm still believing for somethings. But God is faithful to fulfill it. Amen

• 1 year later...

Q2. (Psalm 23) Can you remember any times when God has cared for you as a Shepherd -- in times of blessing and in times of trouble?
Yes I can remember times that God has cared for me in times of trouble and in times of blessings. God cares for me continuously, He’s so gracious that He even cared for me while I was still in sin. I don’t believe there is a time when God is not caring for all of us, after all He created us why wouldn’t He care about His creation. 

What are you facing right now where you realize your need to rely on God as your Shepherd?

There is so much going on in my life I depend on God for everything. He is my everything.

• 1 month later...