JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. The Lord Is My Shepherd

Yes i can remember when the Lord care for me as his shepard and in times of trouble,he have brought me a long way,I lost many jobs not because of my doing it was something that happen, my husband got sick with kidney desease he had to quit his job and then i was layed off because my job went out of business, then i found another job a job that i can say that i love working their, I had a boss that i could call my friend we both go to the same church she is the one who have gotten me the job, but things change on the job she move to another department and i have gotten another boss who has fired me for something that was not my doing but i could'nt help that because of my husband, i am the caregiver of him he is totally disable he can't walk are do nothing for himself, it get hard sometime, but i know that i have have the Lord on my side because without him i don't think i can make it.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Q2. (Psalm 23) Can you remember any times when God has cared for you as a Shepherd -- in times of blessing and in times of trouble? What are you facing right now where you realize your need to rely on God as your Shepherd?

yes, in matter of fact right now in my life. I am nourishing my faith daily, learning more and more, ready the word of God, praying with God. I am presently taking (4) Bible study courses, although sometimes it feels overwhelming I am learning so much and my faith in God is strong and is the strongest it has been in years. I am a Leader in a Community Ministry program, I am also equipping myself to join a prison ministry because that is the path the Lord has asked me to follow. So right now especially I need to rely on God as my Shepherd.

I would say that I acknowledge my need to rely on God every day, and innumerable times during the years since I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior. If I didn

• 2 weeks later...

Q2. (Psalm 23) Can you remember any times when God has cared for you as a Shepherd -- in times of blessing and in times of trouble? What are you facing right now where you realize your need to rely on God as your Shepherd?

God is always my Shepherd. When I have strayed He never left me or forsaken me. He was always with me protecting me. That is not to say it was easy or that I didn't face trials, trouble. Only that He never let me be destryed. He always brought me back to the fold. He is my Shepherd in Blessings, as he guides me, teaches me, and protects me at all times, whether they are good or bad.

Now I am 56 years old. God has me on a fast track. I am getting ready to go to Nigeria to ministry school. I have never been outside the United States, let alone to a country that has as much anti-christianism as Nigeria. The customs are different, from my understanding there are occult practices, devination, witches. I have no choice but to rely on God. Sure I could opt out, say no I won't go. But this is where God has led me, this is where He wants me to go.... I can do nothing else but to rely on Him and be obedient.

Psalm 23 truely does apply to this new path the LORD has placed me on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I depend complentely on God . He is my Shepherd , and I have commited my Life to Him. I have allowed him to quide me and when I have Him , I have everything in this world.

• 2 months later...

I cam from a poor family and I remember how our family hardly made ends meet. Only my father and two elder siblings had work during the '70s and there were about six of us in school. But somehow me and my brothers were able to through school, and are now professionals. Today, we are no longer hard up as we used to be. God has generously blessed us. We are not rich today, but surely we are not as poor as we used to be. God generously provided for us.

Personally, my only situation now is not much about material needs but emotional. I am of age, in fact middle age, and I have been praying to God that he give me a partner with whom I can share the joy of living. I know that God will be generous to my request. He knows how I feel, and how lonely it could be to go on life without a human partner, and to have much blessings with no one to intimately share them with.

I must say that God, as Shepherd, has cared for me all my life at all times; whether they were times of blessings or times of trouble - He was there. I see His hand in every phase of my development, in situations that I faced personally, that of my family members, my church family, my country, indeed everywhere. Caring is His character, as is love, mercy, grace; He is the Shepherd of our soul. I am assured that He will never leave me nor forsake me, I'm His child and He loves to care for me. I pray that we would all walk in the Father's Will and realize the power of sweet fellowship in the presence of God. At this point in my life I am trusting God to strengthen my spiritual zealousness for a more powerful ministry. As this year looms ahead I am asking God to do great and powerful things in me and in the Body of Christ.

• 7 months later...

I have gone and am going through things that when I pray and tell God what is happening, there is a peace that comes over me. It as if I

• 3 weeks later...

God has always cared for me as my shepherd. There has never been any time where He has stopped watching out for me. I know that there is never a time where I can afford to stop relying on God as my shepherd.

As I read these verses today, some things really hit me like they haven't before. First of all, in verse 2, "He makes me lie down in green pastures". Many times we get so busy in life that we feel we don't have much time to spare for God. We don't realize that taking time for God will really give us more time, because we will be more peaceful and energized, and more in touch with God's leading, which will make our lives more effective. It's then that the Holy Spirit prompts us or "makes" us take time to lie down in green pastures.

Also, in verse 4, "Even though I walk through the valley", 2 key words. Through--we need to remember that God will never leave us in the valley, but that a better, safer place awaits us on the other side. Walk--we need to realize that our own effort is involved. God will most likely not carry us all the way. Although He provides the strength, we must make the choice and take the steps to get out of there.

Third, in verse 6, "Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life". I generally think of following as being a rather passive action, but when I looked at the Hebrew here, it's really interesting to think about. The word here means to pursue, chase after, or hunt down. That's pretty encouraging to know that God has assigned goodness and mercy to follow us relentlessly and never stop chasing us even if we try to run away from them.

• 2 months later...

Yahweh-rohi has been and is my loving and precious Shepherd. He led me and carried me through a time of grievous trials when I had to have pre-operative procedures and then open-heart surgery to fix a heart murmur two years ago. As it turned out, this was a period both of trouble and tremendous blessing. Today, my heart is fixed AND normal! And slowly, but, surely the aftereffects of the surgery are still diminishing. I

• 4 months later...

God has been my Shepherd in all circumstances in my life -- the good, bad, and the ugly.

As a Pastor I must rely on God's leadership and as my Shepherd helps me to be the best sub-shepherd that I can be for my flock.

• 1 month later...

yes i have my second husband tryed to touch my girls when i kicked him out he came and would not take him back he came over to my house and came in with a knife. he cut my neck he nicke the artrie by right's i should not be here. what am i facing now ? i have 4 grown children 2 of each none are saved. 3 are into drugs the youngest girl has spent time in prison for meth .i thought she had changed when she got out but no. she has 4 children other people take care of them i had the twin boys when they were 19 month old i was 60. i thought she had changed and gave them back .GOD forgive me now my other daughter has them. one son in to pot. youngest son is in to meth . i covet our prayers . i am 68 to old for all this and could'nt do it but fior the grace od god

yes i have my second husband tryed to touch my girls when i kicked him out he came and would not take him back he came over to my house and came in with a knife. he cut my neck he nicke the artrie by right's i should not be here. what am i facing now ? i have 4 grown children 2 of each none are saved. 3 are into drugs the youngest girl has spent time in prison for meth .i thought she had changed when she got out but no. she has 4 children other people take care of them i had the twin boys when they were 19 month old i was 60. i thought she had changed and gave them back .GOD forgive me now my other daughter has them. one son in to pot. youngest son is in to meth . i covet our prayers . i am 68 to old for all this and could'nt do it but fior the grace od god

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Yes, there have been several times in the last few months when the Lord has been my Shepherd, in blessings and troubles. Right now my family is going through some major trials, and I have to depend on my Shepherd to lead and guide me in the way I should go. I am totally dependant on Him.

• 2 weeks later...

Q2. (Psalm 23) Can you remember any times when God has cared for you as a Shepherd -- in times of blessing and in times of trouble?

Most of my Christian life! One memorable period in time of trouble, when we had to close our business when computer technology made our product obsolete for our customers, He took us step by step through home foreclosure, then got it out of foreclosure at the last minute by sending someone who knew how to help us, and the home sold for the asking price to the first couple who looked at it, while homes around us had been abandoned and left empty, unable to be sold in the 1990 recession. He led us to the perfect rental then when my husband was still too depressed to work and money ran out, He led us to a respite with dear friends for several months. When they needed the bed for their adult daughter to return home for care after serious surgery, He led us to strangers who took us and our dog into their home for a year and a half. Next he led us to a furnished home.tel apartment for 5 months until the landlord faced his own foreclosure and committed suicide. At that exact time, the apartment across the stairs opened up and because we had lived there as a sublease, our credit wasn't checked and we moved in. Our credit has been restored, my husband is working, we are debt free (without filing bankruptcy, praise God!)and we trust God for every detail of our lives...He IS the good Shepherd! He led us to a Doctor who did $4,000.00 eye surgery to correct my husbands blindness during that dark time, for free!...so much more...

In good times, He has directed me when I've gotten lost while driving, to items we've needed and found they were on sale at the store He led me to instead of where I wanted to go, He led us to the most wonderful church....a multi racial, Bible believing, spirit filled church where our lives have been transformed. He leads me every day in big and small ways, and I praise Him for His leadership and care!

What are you facing right now where you realize your need to rely on God as your Shepherd?

I'm writing a book about those long years in the wilderness that He spoke to me to write. Recently because there is so much anguish in reliving those years, I've come to a standstill. I'm relying on and praying for His Shepherding to get me to the finish line as I show up to write!

I'm praying for guidance about a proposed trip to Texas for a family reunion at the end of the month.

As this financial meltdown is causing near hysteria, we thank Him that He's our "portfolio"....no shortage on His end. We don't fear because we've lost it all and have never been seriously ill, never missed a meal or any need being met....without welfare or government assistance of any kind. He cared for us through His loving people!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes! The Lord has shown Himself as my Shepherd so many times....He clearly has led me into paths of righteousness through His Spirit who convicts me and strengthens my faith to obey Him and do the righteous action. He has led me to ministry opportunities...He has surely provided all my needs. In times of trouble He has comforted me. Right now, we are visiting churches to find one that believes what we believe the Bible teaches. We have been in a church that during the last 2 years I have discovered has become so very liberal. We are trusting the Lord to guide us to the right place and believe that He will. We are watching for Him and trying to stay alert to His Spirit as we make this journey.

• 4 months later...

God has saved me from death, He has provided jobs for me, and He has let me know that His presence is with me. At present I'm trusting God to help me through a financial crisis. I will keep my faith.

• 7 months later...

Every day the Lord is providing for me and my family. I remember when I was an e-4 in the Army and a divorced mother of four sons and getting no child support. God truly showed Himself off to my and my children. My bills were paid on time, my cabinets was always filled with food and my children lacked nothing. They didn't have all of their wants but they definitely had all of their needs. When God says He shall supply all of our needs He means just that ALL of OUR NEEDS.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you remember any times when God has cared for you as a Shepherd -- in times of blessing and in times of trouble? What are you facing right now where you realize your need to rely on God as your Shepherd?

I really enjoyed these questions. I've always believed that as God's people, we should tell others how God has cared for us. Everyone can count a time of hardship and it increases others' faith when they hear how God has brought us through, each in our own way, and the different truths that have been made real to us. A few years ago, two of the most important people in my life went to be with the Lord within just a few days of each other. This time was both a blessing and a trouble. The blessing is that both had been physically ill for quite a while and their home-going was their healing. The trouble was that although I rejoiced they were dancing in the clouds with God, what I so loved was gone from my sight, their hugs no longer a warm blanket for my heart. Where was I going to go? What was I going to do with my life? Who cared for me now? I was completely in need of a shepherd. And the truthful answers to those questions are that future plans are unknown still. I've not found a comfortable "fit" with my new life yet, I don't know where I'm going to spend the rest of my years. What I do know--the ONLY thing I am sure of--is that God LOVES me and will reveal His plans more and more as I seek him more and more. Just as sheep don't look up at their shepherd & ask "Could you please let us know where the next good patch of grass is? We want to make sure we agree that it actually is the best." Nope, they just trust their shepherd's judgment. As should I?

• 6 months later...

Names of God 8

Q2. (Psalm 23) Can you remember any times when God has cared for you as a Shepherd - in times of blessing and in times of trouble? What are you facing right now where you realize your need to rely on God as your Shepherd?

Psalm 23 (NLT):

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Q2. (Psalm 23)

Can you remember any times when God has cared for you as a Shepherd - in times of blessing and in times of trouble?

What are you facing right now where you realize your need to rely on God as your Shepherd?

Yes, looking back on my life I have seen His loving hand guiding, leading, protecting, providing, and comforting me so often along the way. I was not always aware of it in the past, and perhaps took His love for granted. I find that now, after having been a Christian for a number of years, that I