JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. The Faithful God

Q2. What does faithfulness have to do with trustworthiness and keeping one's word?

One who is not faithful cannot be considered trustworthy and cannot be relied upon to keep his word.

What does the Faithful God inspire in you?

The Faithful God says to me that everything that He says in His Word is true and that I can have the confidence that my dependency upon Him is as solid as gold.

Why must faithfulness be part of our character as believers?

As believers we are to pattern our self after God and His character. He is faithful, and we also should strive to be faithful.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I think faithfulness is the fulfillment or result of trustworthiness. God's claim of trustworthiness is established as truth through His proven faithfulness. Because I know that God is trustworthy and faithful, I am not afraid to love Him. I am not afraid to make myself completely vulnerable to Him. God's faithfulness inspires me to strive to be trustworthy and faithful myself. I know I fall short on this daily in my relationship with Him as well as other people, but His character encourages me to press on. Here is a beautiful passage about God's faithfulness...

Rev 19:11-16 And I saw Heaven opened. And behold, a white horse! And He sitting on him was called Faithful and True. And in righteousness He judges and makes war. And His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head many crowns. And He had a name written, one that no one knew except Himself. And He had been clothed in a garment dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. And the armies in Heaven followed Him on white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. And out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, so that with it He should strike the nations. And He will shepherd them with a rod of iron. And He treads the winepress of the wine of the anger and of the wrath of Almighty God. And He has on His garment, and on His thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

• 5 months later...

Q2. What does faithfulness have to do with trustworthiness and keeping one's word? What does the Faithful God inspire in you? Why must faithfulness be part of our character as believers?

Trustworthiness and keeping one's word are key aspects of being faithful. Being faithful is to be conscientious, loyal, and reliable.

The Faithful God inspires me to be faithful to Him, my Church, and others.

Faithfulness must be a part of our character as believers because it declares our beliefs. Beliefs are nothing if not lived out consistently.

• 6 months later...
Q2. What does faithfulness have to do with trustworthiness and keeping one's word? What does the Faithful God inspire in you? Why must faithfulness be part of our character as believers?

Faithfulnness and trustworthiness neans you are going to be true and dependable in keeping your word. The Faithful God inspire's in me that I have a Father who is true, loving, keeps His word, cannot fail. full of mercy and grace, and cares about everything that concerns me. Faithfulness must be part of our character because it is part of God's. We are made in His image, we are His children. What we do reflects on Him. We are to true and honest just like He is.

Q2. What does faithfulness have to do with trustworthiness and keeping one's word?

They go together. You can't be faithful without being trustworthy. These guarantee God's promises to us...He keeps His Word, because He CANNOT lie. His character forbids being untrue in any way.

He inspires trust and peace, and the desire to be faithful and trustworthy like my Abba Daddy.

Because we are created in His image...His character is being developed in us so we will be like Him when we see Him face to face. We are His ambassadors to those around us....saved or unsaved. We are to reflect Him to others.

• 5 months later...

It is from the Greek word which also means a covenant. When we are in covenant with God, we are loyal to Him and He can depend on us. Faithfulness also means to be loyal by our words, not only actions, so we are to be trusted as well. The Faitful God inspires me to be just a loyal and dependable and holding fast to that in which I beleiev, never wavering from it. We need to be faithful otherwise we lose our closeness with God, we lose our self-respect, we lose our trus and confidence in Him because "a double-minded man is unstable in all his ways."

• 1 year later...

Names of God

If we are faithful to the LORD then we show to Him that we are worthy of His trust. Being faithful means we are loyal to our word; what we have said we will stick to.

The LORD as our faithful God inspires in me a concern for staying loyal to Him. The LORD inspires me with a sense of what it involves to be faithful; to have faith and to follow the instructions of the LORD as revealed in Scripture. The LORD inspires me with a will to want to follow His instructions and when I do not I feel the shame and disappointment in myself that I have not lived up to what He asks of me.

Faithfulness is essential in our character if we are to believe the LORD. The whole Christian faith is based upon faith and faithfulness. We are taught how to live and we are asked to live this way. If we do this then we are worthy of the LORD

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If we are not faithful and reliable, then we are not trustworthy. As children of God we should want to be like Him in everyway. God is faithful, and he always keeps His word. If He promises something, He keeps His word, He never changes His mind. When He says something, it happens, as Christians we are to do the same. It is our reputation that is at stake, we want to be know as someone who is trustworthy. Someone that can be depended on to do whatever is asked of them, and then some. Being trustworthy and faithful, should be a part of our core, as a Christian. How can we say we love God if we are not following His example?

• 4 months later...

How can one trust somebody if that person is not faithful? You will always wonder if he is going to do the work or keep his word. God is faithful, it is part of His character. He cannot be unfaithful, even when we are faithless, he remains faithful. We can fully trust God that He will fulfill His promises and even our salvation is sure because He is faithful. We are God's representatives on earth and when we are faithful people see it and we give God honor in it. If we are faithful in even the little things, God will trust us with the bigger things as well.

• 3 months later...

Faithfulness, trustworthiness and keeping one's word are embedded in the word Love if He doesn't love us He will not be faithful towards us and keep His words So also if we don't love Him there is no way we can trust Him and receive from Him.

God's faithfulness has made me to believe in Him knowing fully well that in believing and trusting Him with all my heart I can miss nothing for whatever He says He will do, He will do both spiritual and physical Jhn. 3:16, Deut. 7:9

So that people will see God through us.

• 5 months later...

Faithfulness and trustworthiness has a lot to do with keeping one’s word. They both have to do with reliability, dependability, truthfulness, and responsibility for what one said they will do. The Faithful God inspires respect, honor, and trust in me; I know that I can rely on Him to do what He said He will do; He is not a man that He should tell a lie. He is and has always been loyal, devoted, truthful, loving, patient, a gracious and good God. God is firm in His devotion to believers. I believe IN Him and I believe that He IS.

As believers, faithfulness must be a part of our character if we are to take on the characteristics of God. Faith is one of the Fruits of the Spirit and we must be faithful and not only believe God, but believe that He exists in order to please Him (Heb 11:6). He desires a personal and intimate relationship with us and those who seek Him in truth will be blessed.

Faithfulness is a necessity to trust another. God first came to me even when I was unfaithful and now I am faithful because he loves me so

• 2 years later...

To be truly faithful we have to be able to be trusted to keep our word and our promises. God makes promises in His Word and He will live up to them because He cannot lie and cannot be anything but true to His Word. This is part of the quality of holiness. The very fact that God is holy means He simply has to be faithful, truthful, loving, just, compassionate, and He must keep His Word.

Following the example of Jesus I always try my best to keep my word. If people are depending on me I bust my hump not to let them down. If someone trusts me enough to ask me to do something for them I do everything I can to live up to the trust they've shown.

As Spirit-filled believers we will exhibit the same qualities as God, who gives us His Spirit to indwell and empower us. Faithfulness is a quality God possesses and we must work on possessing it as well . . . and we will if we let God have His way in our hearts.

• 5 years later...

God’s nature is characterized by His faithfulness. His faithfulness reaches to the skies and extends to the heavens. The basic root of faithfulness is firmness, certainty, dependability, sureness etc. It is to stand on what is true. That’s why God is called as the sure foundation, a rock that cannot be moved. Based on the definition, we can say with certainty that God is indeed faithful to His word. He never goes back on His word. He’s absolutely faithful and true to His word. Bible says the words that proceed out of His mouth will never return unto Him void, but will accomplish that which He pleases and prospers in the thing where to He sent it. He is a man of His word. He says I have exalted My word above My name. One can trust in what He says for He is not a man to lie and we have the assurance that His word is the truth.

His faithfulness inspires me to be faithful like Him. To imitate Him in my life, so that I will reflect Him to this world. Like the moon reflecting the sun, I want to reflect Him and thus magnify Him. Walking with Him in trust knowing that He will never let me down, no matter what. Faithful in my commitment, faithful in my devotion and walk, faithful to others and be a person of bedrock integrity. To be faithful and dependable in my dealings with other, so that others may count on me and trust me.

A Christian should be someone who is dependable and trustworthy. If we reflect God’s character, it will draw others to the love of God. For some we may be the only book that they will ever read about who God is. The name Christian means little Christ. Even though used derogatorily in the early church period, we need to be mirroring God to this dying world.

• 1 year later...

If a person is not faithful then the person cannot be counted upon to keep his or her word. It means that they can say one thing and mean another and you will never be able to trust them. Someone who is faithful always keeps their word to you and does not lie. They can be counted upon to come and help you out or defend you. They can be trusted to keep a secret.

God inspires in me utmost trust and goodness. A true friend who can be counted on and one who will always listen to me and have my back. He is dependable and true.

Faithfulness must be a part of us if we are called to be like Him. People must see the same qualities in us in order to be drawn to Him. Other believers must be able to trust us as well.

• 1 month later...
On 3/8/2006 at 10:05 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Faithfulness has a lot to do with trustworthiness and keeping one's word.  If unfaithfulness is found in a person, automatically disloyalty is perceived along with infidelity, and therefore,  trustworthiness is an issue.  Trustworthiness in a person speaks of one who keeps his/her word.  If that is not the case, then that person can be considered to not be reliable.  Hence, one has to be a keeper of one's word in order to be a candidate of trustworthiness. 

The Faithful God inspires trust in me. Because He has shown Himself to be committed to performing His promises, I know that He will do what He says He will do, so I can fully depend on Him.

Faithfulness must be part of our character as believers because it is what God expects of us. If we are His and have been transformed into the image of His dear Son, then faithfulness will be a hallmark of our character. 

• 6 months later...

Based on Deuteronomy 32:9-10, we can profess that God is the faithful God--Yahweh (the Eternal) your Elohim (Creator) and faithfull El (Almighty, the Strong One).  God shows His mercy and keeps covenant to a thousand generations.  However, God repays them that hate Him and will be judged.

Based on 2Timothy 2:11-13, I cannot deny the faith  and apostatize.  I am dead with Christ, so I can live with Him.  If I suffer,  I will reign with Him.  If I deny Him, He will deny me.  God is true to His threatenings as He His to His promises.  God is much under obligation to curse for sin as to bless for righteousness.

• 1 year later...

A Faithful person who is truly faithful in all their ways can be trusted. If you can keep your word, walk in integrity then you can be trusted. This is very important when dealing with others and it is also very important to God.

God inspires me to want to be faithful in everything I do. To be a trustworthy person who keeps my word. Faithfulness has to be a part of our character because it is who God is. It is who Jesus is and we want to be like Jesus. Since Jesus is faithful then we to should want to be faithful.

• 1 year later...

In order to be trustworthy and faithful you must be one who keeps their word. Otherwise it would be hard for people to trust you. God is faithful, trustworthy and His word never returns to Him void. Im just grateful that He is my Lord, Savior and Redeemer.

To be who He called me to be, to be a doer of the word and not just a hearer. To share His word and my experiences with non-believers and believers.

We have to have faith in God whom we’ve never seen or touched. We have to have faith and believe that He sent His only son Yahshua to die on the cross for our sins. We have to have faith in God to get us through life.