JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Spiritual Meaning

I feel that His Blood was the most important to me for it was the ultimate sacrifice he made for my sins. He was not guilty of anything but I have been. It is through his blood and forgivness that I have salvation. I don't deserve it. But still it is there. How much more could I ask for.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. Which part of the meaning of the Lord's Supper is most valuable for you at this point in your spiritual journey when you partake of and meditate on the Lord's Supper?

I feel the most important to me is the drink. It really makes me think of what Jesus went through for me. the pain and suffering he done for me.

Right now,for me,the most valuable part of the Lord's Supper is the cup. It helps me to focus on the fact that Jesus shed His blood not only on the cross,but also on the way to the cross. As I partake of the cup, I am reminded of His blood being poured out for the remission of sin.

Q4. Which part of the meaning of the Lord's Supper is most valuable for you at this point in your spiritual journey when you partake of and meditate on the Lord's Supper?

"In remembrance of me" Because each time I take communion, I think of the bread/cracker as the body of Christ and the wine/grape juice as the blood of Christ, and I take this in remembrance of Christ who life was given to save me from my sins. WOW!

It keeps me focused on Christ's sacrifice ... on His death .... on the terrible cost of our salvation.

It shows me the glory of God's love and the horror of sin.

after watching 'The Passion of the Christ' ... it has never been the same.

• 2 weeks later...

That part where the actual bread and wine are taken. These serve as a

powerful, humbling reminder of how much God loves me. That thought is

almost too good to comprehend. Afterall, in today's world there are not

too many who care about one's welfare - spiritual or physical. The very

persons with whom we relate daily. The Lord's Supper reminds me that we are

mere mortals, and that God is God, for God is capable of doing things like

loving us when no else else can. And that to ensure that we are not

condemned eternally because of sin, he did what he alone can do; and that is

lay down his life for the sins of man.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For me to receice the Eucharist is the greatest privilege on earth, nothing compares to it and nothing ever will. It is what gives me strength for the journey of this life and for the life to come.

The Eucharist is truly the source and summit of the christian life, in which Jesus awaites us in this sacrament of love. The most beautiful part is when the priest elevates the host at the words of consecration and says....

Take this, all of you, and eat it: this is my body which will be given up for you. Then likewise with the cup of His blood. The discourse from John 6: 41-51 has Jesus telling us the effects of His presence, how we will be raised up by Jesus and united with His risen body.

Reasurance of the great sacrifice, that Jesus' blood was poored out and his body broken for my sins puts me intune with a loving God and the reasurance that He loves me, even when I do not like myself.

It is Kononia, fellowship with fellow believes and with Christ Jesus. It's the honor or every Christian believer to share this meal with others. It also helps us in the fulfilment of the great commadment to love each other as we love ourselves.

• 2 weeks later...

Which part of the meaning of the Lord's Supper is most valuable for you at this point in your spiritual journey when you partake of and meditate on the Lord's Supper?

For me, it is most meaningful to see all of us coming up together to receive Christ. It reminds me that we are all nothing good apart from Christ. . . .male, female, young, old,black, white, etc.

• 1 month later...

I can not say any one part of the Lords supper is more valuable than another. They are all equally valuable.

Commanded by Jesus, we do it in rememberance of what He did for us on the cross. That we NEVER forget.

It is all important to me. It shows the greatest love of all time. A love that none of us in the flesh could even begin to imagine. The sacrifice that was so horrific, was done willingly and lovingly by Jesus. God's love for us is unconditional, knows no boundries. I believe this is one of the most, if not the most, important thing we as christians do. Christ died so that we could live. I do not think I could name one part of the meaning as more important than the other.

• 4 months later...

At this point in my spiritual journey when I partake of and meditate on the Lord's Supper the part of the meaning of the Lord's Supper that is most valuable for me is the focus on Christ's death. I am forever grateful for Christ sacrifice on the cross so that I may have eternal life.

Thank you Jesus!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The amazing love that He showed for all of us. Even though we are sinners He willingly went to the Cross to save us. If I had been the only person on earth He would have done the same thing, just for me. It makes me see not only how unworthy I am - but how truly blessed I am, also. :rolleyes:

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

It is The Wine

My initial thoughts were that it's The Bread.

To live in Christ, and to have Christ live in me.

Then, I gradually became aware it was The Wine.

Because without forgiveness, I would be too disturbed for Union with the Peace, Love and Strength that is Christ.

ease of mind sweetens all relationships.

The most important part of the Lord's Supper to me is its existence that has not changed to or for me over the years, for it emphasizes my deep need to partake in it, and be reminded of its meanings. Jesus' life and death and resurrection are extremely vital to my life each day, and actually I feel the need of being cleansed each day with communion with Him. Taking of the Supper in Church is important and it does not really matter to me whether others believe it is the literal body and blood of Jesus, for to me, if He wants to make it so, it will be so. Our prayers to sanctify the communion to prepare for it in a Holy way so as to honor and glorify His Sacrifice for our sins is just a prayer, but it is the Lord who willed us to do this and His will is done in and through it as He pleases.

Sometimes, I have felt I should not receive communion for my sins are too constant and not overcome as I hoped they would, so then I have to remind myself it is only for sinners to come and be cleansed....if we were holy already, we would not need it. Holy Communion is far too deep for me to grasp the wholeness of it, for to me it is a participation of His Body and Blood in remembrance that actually is sort of like watering the seeds of His Love in my spirit....and I feel He waters my spirit every time I think of Him and every time I seek Him in His Word. It is a spiritual communion which does not always require a piece of bread or sip of wine or juice. It is when His Word becomes FLESH in me. Likewise, the bread and wine become His Flesh in me, healing and cleansing my spirit.

Holy Communion is the physical expression of such a deep Agape Love from God our Father that is not seen, but known within our spirits through the power of His Holy Spirit within us.

• 3 weeks later...

The Lord's Supper allows me not to fear the temporal nature of my life and to be gone from this exciting, enjoyable, adventurous world. I fully accept the world is my temporary abode but there is a better place for me to go in the future. My faith allows me to commit to this tenet and be passionate about it. The Christian Fellowship with my cell group, my own Bible study group, the congregation of my Church, make me grow as a better human being.

• 4 months later...

As I dig deeper into the story of the Last supper, the betrayal, the denial and the washing of the feet, all this is a humbling and thought provoking experience for me, Every facets of this story is impregnated with meaning that no words can contain how I feel....ah yes, I thirst for more of you (JESUS).

• 2 weeks later...

When I am partaking in communion I am overwelmed with gratitude for the love and devotion that Jesus has for us. It brings me face to face with my character flaws and weaknesses. Communion helps me not to take my freedom from satan for granted. There was a price for my rebellion (sin) and His name is Jesus!!

• 2 months later...

To me the most valuable is focusing on the reason Christ willingly gave his life for me. For the forgiveness of my sins, for my salvation so I can be reunited with God. That h loved me that much to give me eternal life.

• 10 months later...