JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, to be "in Christ" is to live ones life for Christ, to put away the things of this world, and to have a renewed way of thinking, behaving and speaking  that reflects Jesus.  This is not as easy as it may sound.  It is hard to not yield to the things of the flesh.  I believe that is why we are taught to pray without ceasing, to study His Word and to trust God.  If we attempt to do these things on our own, we will fail because we cannot do it alone.  We need God to see us through. Through God, we are given the power to endure and preserve.  James 4:8 instructs us to draw near to God and He will draw near to us.  We're also taught to approach the throne grace with boldness, having no fear or even being timid.  To me the greatest connection to being "in Christ" is having the full assurance of faith, confidence, that I am His people and He is my God and that He will never leave me or forsake me and that there is no one or no thing that separate me from His love.  

When all is said-I have come to the conclusion that I am beloved by Christ.  The Song of Solomon comes to mind.   Due to the Resurrection of Christ, all the promises and blessings in the Bible are for me.  Christ is my High Priest in the Holiest of Holies,  I am His precious son.   The Song of Solomon aptly describes how wonderful our union with Christ.  

I don't walk alone in this life.   What a.joy !   I am part of the mystical Body of Christ.   Jesus Christ is my Joshua who has made heaven accessible.to me.  Christ's meditorial ministry is continuing.  St John has made this clear to me.  Eternal life is for now.   My physical life is sustained  by God; my soul life is eternal sustained by God.   On Resurrection day, my physical body will be fully transformed like Christ's body.

This is very profound. Spiritually it means we are inseparable from Christ, He being in us and we being in Him. For me it has frightening implications. It is really overwhelming because it drives me to commit to act out my life with Jesus as my model. It is a huge task that requires me to be humble and to pray constantly and keep seeking the Lord as through this current lesson. 

• 1 month later...

What does it mean to you to be "in Christ" -- incorporated into Christ? What are the implications of this for your life?

To be in Christ mean to me that I have a personal relationship with him.  I have been chosen my him and receives his grace freely. I will strive to do my best to follow his commandments. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/24/2006 at 8:47 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q1. (Ephesians 1:3) What does it mean to you to be "in Christ" -- incorporated into Christ? What are the implications of this for your life?

For me to be IN Christ: to me means that I am in Christ, that it is no longer I who is living my life but Christ living His life through me. It is kind of like me jumping inside of Him, His body.

• 4 months later...
On 8/24/2006 at 9:47 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q1. (Ephesians 1:3) What does it mean to you to be "in Christ" -- incorporated into Christ? What are the implications of this for your life?

I think of things I've created, for specific purposes.  Other's may try to copy my idea but it was my creation and nothing can change that.  I am the same to Him....I am His creation so every use of me goes right back to complete His purpose....His ways are better.

The implication is clear....am I allowing the "use of me" to be aligned with God's purpose?  Am I ignoring some aspect of my intended purpose which is evident in my lack of peace.

Edited by TeacherDarlene
forgot part of the question.

• 1 month later...

To be with Christ is a purpose of hope and priority  of blessings.

My remaining purpose why stil in this world is to secure the finality of my life and that is living in the hope with him. With this in mind I shall be consistently making the spiritual blessings a priority. And this a continues search and study of his words the Bible.

The material blessings is spiritual when it is use as resources to further enhance his Kingdom. And that is my readiness to dispose according to his will. 

• 5 months later...

Being in Christ Jesus means that you are saved by His sacrifice on the cross and forgiven of your sins1. It also means that you have a spiritual union with Him and are identified with His death, burial, resurrection, and ascension2. Being in Christ Jesus is not just a status, but a living relationship that requires trust and dependence on Him34. Being in Christ Jesus also means being in His righteousness and grace