JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Dusty trail here,anything that is positive and good that I will experience in my life will be the result of being "inChrist".If things are not going well there is a pretty good chance I would not be "in Christ" any longer.I realize there is a long theological explanation but I like to keep it simple!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (Ephesians 1:3) What does it mean to you to be "in Christ" -- incorporated into Christ? What are the implications of this for your life?

To be "in Christ" means that I have access to Him all the time because He is with me, a part of me, in me and I in Him. He is a part of who I am and because of this intimacy, wherever I go, there He is. I am always encouraged and reminded that I am not alone no matter what the circumstances in my life.

Q1. (Ephesians 1:3) What does it mean to you to be "in Christ" -- incorporated into Christ? What are the implications of this for your life?

1.a) I am in Christ because I have a personal relationship with God through JC, I have submitted my life to Him. I have been chosen by God before creation,he is now :) my lord and saviour. I am under the influence of His spirit in me.

b)He guides everything I do.Spiritually I am in christ and he is in me. If I remain in Him I will bear fruit, with out him I can do nothing.

To be in Christ to me means to be redeemed, it means to have the spirit dwelling in me. To be in Christ to me means that I have and must continue to die to self, and to present myself a living sacrifice. To me it means that he has shown me a much greater love then I can even comprehend, it means that he has shown me his grace and his mercy.

• 2 weeks later...

The meaning to be " In Christ ' --- Is like being a follower of Jesus, " A disciple." To obey always the scriptures. also the " ten commandants . ' To try and, possibly inforce the teachings of PAUL, like his famous 13 books , that he wrote. Each night, before I go to sleep, I ask God to help me, and to forgive me. I'm in a great need for his help, and also, PAUL'S...........

• 3 weeks later...

When I realise how Jesus gave up his life on the cross for me to be saved of my sins, and how he obeyed his father [GOD]to accept this terrible suffering, I feel I myself useless to live without the insurance of the blood of Jesus. Again, as a christian, I have discovered a secret in being wrapped in that blood. Infact I feel insecure each time I forget to invite the wholly spirit to safeguard me in whatever I am doing.

Also, "being in Christ" has taught me that I should not fight for myself because the battle belongs to the Lord, all I need it to obey, be patient, and hold on for God's calling. Again, i have discovered that the spirit of GOD is the one that determines everything for me. There is power in the word of God. [mathew 18:18]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It means that I know that I have somone who is there for me all the time. He has always been there and I am truly realizing it now that when I was a little girl, he was ther even though things happen to me that should not have. Especially, when my mother left me alone and I always thought that I put myself throught school by working in the diner. I have come to know that Christ has always watched over me and protected me.

I know that I can't do naything without him and he is the author and finisher of all things. I love him more and more each day. Since I've accepted him in my life, it hs changed tremendiously. I now understand about separation of his people from the world.

• 1 month later...

To be "in Christ" means that I have been crucified with Christ and "I" no longer live. The implication is that my old self is no longer living. That I am now a new person who conducts myself as someone who has Christ living within me. That I no longer live according to my old desires and bad habits but am now under Christ's headship. I can say no to my old sin nature and way of life and live a life that is pleasing to God through Christ.

• 1 month later...

To me "To be in christ" means to dedicate ones life to God. It means to submit all of our beings to God to have the kind of relationship with him in which all we do we seek his will and direction. To strive to be christ like in action and in our thoughts.

What this implies to me is that I need to build a closer relationship with christ one in which my heart and spirit is always clean so God can dwell in my mortal being because if my temple is unclean then I'm none of his.

After years of sitting in church, and hearing the Word of God preached, I know what it means to be in Christ from a head knowledge perspective, but I often have doubts and realize that from a spiritual perspective, I probably am not "in Christ". Yes, I know all the right words to say when someone asks about my salvation, but deep down inside, I know within my heart of hearts, that it is all lip service. I have "rededicated" my heart to Jesus on a number of occasions over the years, but in looking back, I am like the seed that fell upon stony ground (Matt 13:5, 20-21 ). I am now at a stage in my life where I know that the years I might have left are not as many as what I have lived, and I need to get my spiritual life in order, so that I can greet the Lord in the air ( 1 Thess 4:16-17 )when he returns. As for the implications, an eternity of death ( Rom 6:23 ) is what I face if I don't have the assurance of being "in Christ".

Christ lives in our bodily selves. We live in Christ and Christ resides with us! Therefor we are to always reflect the values of Christ in our lives and actions. Our body is a temple, what we do to our body which now belongs, is owned by Christ, and Christ reside in, we also do to Christ who is ALIVE in US!

Christ coming into my life has been the single most important event of my life.I can't imagine life before Christ came to me, and I came to Him.He has greatly changed my priorities, my values and my entire life.I was DEAD (to me in a literal sense) before accepting Christ as my savior.I now Live in abundance according to His grace!I could go on for hours and hours about all the wonderful life changing events which I have experienced since taking Jesus as my Savior and rededicating my life to Him ,through baptism in 2005. But even after hours of telling you what He has done for me it would not be enough to express my humble appreciation, love and THANKFULNESS to He Whom saved me from a wretched death, and brought me into His ever shining light!!!

After years of sitting in church, and hearing the Word of God preached, I know what it means to be in Christ from a head knowledge perspective, but I often have doubts and realize that from a spiritual perspective, I probably am not "in Christ". Yes, I know all the right words to say when someone asks about my salvation, but deep down inside, I know within my heart of hearts, that it is all lip service. I have "rededicated" my heart to Jesus on a number of occasions over the years, but in looking back, I am like the seed that fell upon stony ground (Matt 13:5, 20-21 ). I am now at a stage in my life where I know that the years I might have left are not as many as what I have lived, and I need to get my spiritual life in order, so that I can greet the Lord in the air ( 1 Thess 4:16-17 )when he returns. As for the implications, an eternity of death ( Rom 6:23 ) is what I face if I don't have the assurance of being "in Christ".

Dear Sir, ( in all due respect-as I don't know your name).

Pray for God's wisdom to enter your life,Pray in content persistence (And I mean CONSTANT PERSISTENCE-WRESTLE IN PRAYER) that he will come into you, reside in you. Pray for Him to grow your relationship with Him and believe with all your heart that He will Live in you! I struggled in the beginning of my rededication to Christ though baptism in 2005 at age 54, with issues of faith and doubt. I ask God constantly to grow my faith, to keep my faith planted in, and rooted in the best soil, and He has answered my prayers. Walking with Christ is a daily learning experience, we must constantly seek to live in the heavenly realm with Him..His redemption will come to you, but the door through which to enter is narrow, and we must wrestle in prayer to enter the Kingdom of God. Keep vigilant in your prayer life and he will grow your faith! This is His PROMISE, what he began in you he will keep growing until it's completion at the second coming

(The Rapture) of Christ. Many Blessing, my friend, you are saved by the Blood of our Precious Lord and He DOES live in you!

*Matt 21:22

• 3 weeks later...

A)Firstly, to be "in Christ" I need to recognize that I am set apart for His Glory, and to stay in Christ I need to be faithful; verse 1.

B) The implications are only as strong and profound as my belief in these scriptures: that I have His grace, the undeserved favour and blessing from a father (our heavenly Father), that these blessings are in the heavenly realms, and that He will not with-hold the mystery of His will.

Therefore I will to continue to pray that "Thy Kingdom come, on Earth as it is in heaven." I need to appropriate -take exclusive possession of- my position of being "in Christ" on Earth daily as I walk faithfully for the purpose of His pleasure, so that His grace in my life will be praised because He has lavished me with ALL wisdom and understanding thereby making the mystery of His will known.

From day to day, being "in Christ" means that we can live with TRUE CONFIDENCE "to the praise of His glory".

I am in Him and He is in me. That I should though I fail represent Him. Being predestined, being in Christ is my destiny. He is the home of my soul/spirit. The more I learn about Him and do the will of the Father, the more at home, in peace, my soul/spirit will be. Then will my light shine more briallantly.

• 3 weeks later...

I am new to this so stand with me as I do the best that I can.

1.In Christ. I feel close to Christ through the many gifts he gives me, through his spiritual blessings. He is also very faithful which is displayed

through his many spiritual and other blessings. He is a very loving god and calls to me to be close to him in my daily walk with Jesus.

2. Incorporated into Christ. Again he calls be to be with him as I go about my daily walk with Jesus. Through the Holy Spirit I am given wisdom to

guide me through life as Jesus would want me to go and to help me make the correct decisions.

3. Implications in my life. The closer I get to Christ to more I will be like him and offer myself as an example to others in a hope that they

want what I have and will come to join with Jesus and the bible.

My life completely belongs to him. I been forgiven and reconciled to God through Christ's shed blood. My sins were judged at the cross. My sins and my old life (BC) are buried with Christ. I have been given Christ's life through the resurrection. I have been raised to "son" status through Christ's ascencion. I have been seated with Christ at God's throne. All of these gifts are mine through Christ. My life is in Christ. Now it is up to me to claim my new relationship with Christ as I walk with Him each day. This means that I must devote myself to know only Christ in all I do and say, not by my own effort, but by Christ's power and life at work in me.

Being in Christ to me means having Christ within me and living life with Him rather than without. kKnowing that He is actually living within me will cause me to be very careful in my daily walk. I need to be obedient to His will and to serve others through Him. Having Him in me causes me to want to do my best for Him and to reflect the grace and goodness that He has bestowed upon me...

• 2 months later...

For me to be "in Christ" means that I am engrafted into Christ. I am in Him and He is in me.

The implication of this for my life is that I bear the fruits of His nature. I do the same works he does

and receive the same results as his.

To be "in Christ" means we are in him and he is in us. His life is our life.

The implications of this for my life is that I imitate his way of doing things. I have a closer

walk with him.

• 4 weeks later...

To me it means that I become His body which is able to work in this world. Christ is no longer on this woorld in bodily form therefore we have to become His hands & feet for Him. He will always be there for us because His spirit is in us.

To the first part of this question I would say that to be "in Christ" would be comparable to being an employee for a corporation. Just as there is a CEO of a corpoation, Christ is the CEO of my life. As an employee of a corporation I have benefits for working for that entity. With Christ as the CEO of my life, I reap the benefits of being a part of Him. Instead of health insurance, I have health. Instead of a 401K, I have material blessings. However, corporation tend to be stressful, but Christ gives me a peace, such as I have never known working for any corporation. As a person, I must do whatever it takes to identify with Him. Just as with a corporation, everything I do reflects back on Him, so I must be the best representation of Him that I can be to an exemplary part of His family. I am a part of Christ and in return He has taken me to be a part of Him. By adoption He has made me a part of His family which is the highest in the universe.

To the second part of this question I would say that the first part pretty much sums up the implications. I have to be the best representation of Christ as an adopted member of His family. He took me out of a life of stress, depression,and sin and made me a part of His glorious family. To show how much I appreciate what He has done for me, I must take up my cross and try to attain the perfection He has. I do have an advantage in being able to do this because I have Him to intercede with the Father for me each and every time I fail to live up to the perfection the Father requires. He is my big brother coming to my defense, so the punishment I deserve will be tendered with mercy because He is my big brother. I love Him all the more because He paid the price of my sin, so I could come before the Father as a perfect human being, not as a flawed one.