JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

2a)We misunderstand the nature of the spiritual battle humans are in. Calling people evil is denying the evil spiritual forces that is motivating them.

B)Not giving in, or give up fight against discouragements of all types-illness, work pressures, being hurt is victory with Jesus as our strength to stay standing,hold our ground at end of each day.

c)Satan,as a rebellious archangel who rebelled against God, was thrown out of heaven. The saints,us, have the victory over satan by the blood of the lamb, Jesus, and because of the word of our testimony of faith.

D)Able to stand their ground by arming ourselves with fullarmour-belt of truth, breastplate of righteousness, shield of faith,helmet of salvationsword of the Spirit, and use each as He instructs, trusting God our mighty fortress.Truth will win the war. God’s truth stronger than Satan’s lies&deceptions. :rolleyes:

• 11 months later...

What would happen to a real soldier on the battlefield if he

kept forgetting he was in a battle and kept laying his gun and helmet down?

Started crying because his feelings were hurt that the enemy didn't like him?

If we had American soldiers like that - I'd be afraid to live in America.

• 1 month later...

The thing that so difficult about standing our ground in today’s world is that we have the 24 hour TV and it is always bombarding us with the culture of the world. We can’t even get any good movies out of Hollywood. It all has to be the trash of the world.

The way that standing our ground can be considered victory is that we have fallen into the trapping of this world. We can still go to the mirror and look at ourselves.

The saints in Revelation 12:11 were considered victorious over the devil because they did not love their lives so much that they shrunk from death. They stood their ground by the blood of the Lamb.

• 1 year later...

Q2. (Ephesians 6:13) What is difficult about standing our ground in today's world? In what way can standing our ground be considered victory? Why are the saints in Revelation 12:11 considered victorious over the devil? How did they stand their ground?

it is difficult for Christians of today to stand our ground against evil because Christians do not have the spirit of discernment. They do not know the word of God or they are complacent with the world as it is. it seems there are those who preach this is a world with no trials, because they are believers, or we are to be successful and rich. This is a great deception Satan has brought to the church. Hence, we can not even discern wrong belief or understanding in Gods word.

To recognize and discern evil and it's influences and using the Word of God, we can have victory over evil and in the end, we are left standing.

The saint's in rev.12:11 are considered victorious because they have overcome evil by means of the blood of the Lamb and by the utterance of their testimony. They did not love their life in the world and gave their lives for their King.             

• 1 year later...

It is very hard to stand our ground in the world today. There is a lot of evil in a lot of people. There is corruption in every level of all governments. The fight seems unbearable. When we take one step forward, we get pushed back at least 10 paces. However, when we don't give up. We have a small victory. When we do one right thing in the community, we have to feel the victory. If we can make one person smile, we have had a victory. When we refuse to give into evil, we are victorious. The saints in Revelation stood up for the Lord. They took death over turning their backs on God. They did not let evil corrupt their souls.

• 2 years later...
On 9/15/2006 at 2:02 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q2. (Ephesians 6:13) What is difficult about standing our ground in today's world? In what way can standing our ground be considered victory? Why are the saints in Revelation 12:11 considered victorious over the devil? How did they stand their ground?

We care more about what the world thinks then what God thinks.

Not giving in to the worlds way..WE LIVE IN THE WORLD BUT WE ARE NOT OF IT.

They had a blood covenant with the Lord as do we, we are washed in the blood. They knew they where strong in the Lord.

• Pastor Ralph changed the title to Q59. Stand
  • 3 months later...

Q59. (Ephesians 6:13) What is difficult about standing our ground in today's world? In what way can standing our ground be considered victory? Why are the saints in Revelation 12:11 considered victorious over the devil? How did they stand their ground? 
Most people in today’s world do not realize who their actual enemy is. Not realizing that they are to do with evil spiritual forces and that the only way they can face this enemy is with spiritual weapons and not the psychological weapons they use. Our spiritual weapons represent a set of Biblical truths that protects a given area of our Christian walk. Not only does the full armour of God protect us from these evil spiritual forces but it enables us to stand firm. We are able to face the enemy with confidence. Resisting the devil and standing up against him will cause him to flee, and we would have won the battle. With reference to Rev 12:11, the saints claim victory with Christ on the basis of His shed blood that has redeemed them from sin and set them free from Satan's accusations. They stood their ground and overcame the devil and they are able to sing God’s praises day and night in thankfulness for their redemption. 

Q59. (Ephesians 6:13) What is difficult about standing our ground in today's world?

I think what makes it difficult for us as Christians to stand our ground in battles in today’s world is our failure to put on all the full pieces of the armour of God and failure to back up by prayers.

In what way can standing our ground be considered victory?

Standing our ground in spiritual battle is considered victory just as falling or failure to stand is a loss of the battle.

Why are the saints in Revelation 12:11 considered victorious over the devil? How did they stand their ground?

They were considered victorious because of the blood of Jesus and furthermore, they refused to give up but stood firm despite the danger of losing their lives.

• 2 weeks later...

What is difficult about standing our ground in today's world? In what way can standing our ground be considered victory? Why are the saints in Revelation 12:11 considered victorious over the devil? How did they stand their ground?

I still don't know what to think about agency, that is, who is responsible for evil. Pastor Ralph says that evil people are evil because they're driven by evil forces, so if I battle evil people, I lose. I should be battling the forces, not the individuals "possessed" by these forces. 

if I put on the armor of God, when the day of evil comes (What is the day of evil ... is this eschatological or today?), I may be able to stand my ground. After I've fought with everything I have in his armor, I will still be standing.

Victory has been redefined. It's not winning, but not losing either.

Victory is surviving. Living for another day. It's keeping the land already conquered without gaining new land. It's wimpy. Defensive. Probably ineffective.

--

Okay, so, I've known a handful of very evil people, people so manipulative, selfish and cavalier about those around them that they behaved in a manner breathtakingly cruel.  From my perspective, they chose to be this way. Every time they destroyed someone, they could have done differently. They are, in short, utterly responsible for their reprehensible character. 

Could they be Satan's victims? Prodded to more evil by Satan himself?  Yes. But there's still something about them that seems to choose evil, or so I think.

I recoil at the defensiveness of the battle as you portray it. When nothing is gained you see a victory as long as nothing is lost. Total stasis. Are there not times when we can battle successfully? Can we ever take some of the enemy's terrain? Or, is our goal as Christians to stand and take it? To be brutalized within the armor hoping to "stay vertical" until the next barrage?

What happened to the church militant? The attitude that evil needs to be mitigated, that there are some things, such as the abuse of children, that are so horrible we should be willing to die taking ground? Must we be passive? Getting an answer to this is very important to me.

• 1 month later...

At times,, we  don't have spiritual vision.  Neglecting personal prayer time is usually involved in lack of boldness..."parresia".  Only the Holy Spirit can illuminate us and take off the blinders from off our eyes.  We have to know deeply within our hearts that we are called to be priests, we NOW have access to the Holy of Holies.   We are joined with Christ Jesus the Head of the Church; by faith, we overcome the world , the flesh and the devil.  Due to lack of appropriating the promises of God, we dwell on the finite instead of having that faith of the Prophet Ezekiel had in the valley of dry bones.  We are in a much better dispensation!   We are so blessed with the charismata as described in the letter to the Corinthians; we have the Holy Spirit to aid us to raise our consciousness to higher levels.  The third person of the Holy Trinity dwells in us.

Our testimonies are the tests that we have been through.  We may just be standing but we have not backslided nor apostasized from the faith. The story of Nehemiah is a wonderfull description of standing.   He and exiled neighbors had to really stand and be circumspect in regards to their enemies as they were rebuilding the walls of Jerusalem.  If Nehemiah and his team got discouraged, they couldn't stand, they had to disregard the bad memories of 70 years of exile and the conniving ways of the Samaritans.

We don't have spiritual vision.  Only the Holy Spirit can illuminate us and take off the blinders from off our eyes.  We have to know deeply within our hearts that we are called to be priests, we NOW have access to the Holy of Holies.   We are joined with Christ Jesus the Head of the Church; by faith, we overcome the world , the flesh and the devil.  Due to lack of appropriating the promises of God, we dwell on the finite instead of having that faith of the Prophet Ezekiel had in the valley of dry bones.  We are so blessed with the charismata as described in the letter to the Corinthians; we have the Holy Spirit to aid us to raise our consciousness to higher levels.

Our testimonies are the tests that we have been through.  We may just be standing but we have not backslided nor apostasized from the faith. The story of Nehemiah is a wonderfull description of standing.   He and exiled neighbors had to really stand and be circumspect in regards to their enemies as they were rebuilding the walls of Jerusalem.  If Nehemiah and his team got discouraged, they couldn't stand, they had to disregard the bad memories of 70 years of exile and the conniving ways of the Samaritans.

Based on Revelation 12: 11, the victory of the martyrs is won through the blood of the Lamb.  By His death and Resurrection. JESUS overcame the worst that evil could do to him; we share this victory now. Secondly we have PEACE WITH GOD NOW; our sins are wiped out.  Due to the shed blood of Christ, we have VICTORY, nothing to be accused of.

• 3 weeks later...

I think that it is difficult to stand our ground in today’s world is because there seem to be more evil thing happening every day. Even some of our churches are becoming evil. When we maintain our bible studies and continually call on God to help us. We can then be considered victorious. The saints in Revelation were considered victorious over the devil because of the blood of Jesus.