Welcome

Pastor Ralph

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all,

I am Matthew Menking, a Roman Catholic Christian. I pray the Psalms daily in the ancient Church's Liturgy of the Hours, as often as possible. I hope to always continue learning anew the depths of the Psalms, and although a very devout Catholic, I certainly am open to the insight from all who call upon His Holy Name. Praised be Jesus Christ!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

My name is Chelsey Johnston and I live in Montreal, Quebec (Canada). This is my first study online and I am quite enjoying the fact that my brain is being challenged both spiritually and emotionally.

I am a stay at home mom and I am 25. Yes young but love every minute of my son who is growing more and more like his daddy. Judah just turned 1 last month and it brought memories of what I was doing with my life a year before he came into this earth. So I decided to take on a challenge and seriously open my unfortunate dusty bible.

Support and courage is all I'm asking. And most of all Friends.

Its good to be back in the game

Chelsey

• 1 month later...

Hey y'all. I'm a new student to this online community and excited and nervous about it. My name is Nancy and I live in South Carolina (U.S.A.) with my husband and cat. I am disciplining (it's an ongoing process) Christian, raised in the Methodist tradition. For the last 20 years, I've been in an interdenominational church which has nurtured my faith and that of my 2 grown boys and husband. I've taught Sunday School for kids for years, been in assorted adult classes and small group Bible studies but have never really caught the fever for Psalms. I guess you could say I've purposely avoided them (Psalms). I love the Old Testament books of history and when I saw this class listed, I prayerfully considered it and felt God's nudge to dig in deep. Please pray for me as I engage in His Holy song book. Blessings to you all.

Hi All

I am Leed - I live in New Zealand, in the north of the north island, I love the Psalms & look forward to adding to the wonderful treasury the Master has already allowed me to keep. Bless our Father, He is so wonderful to us, His mercy endures forever!!! Amen

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My name is David and I am a bi-vocational youth pastor. My full-time income comes from working at a printing and mailing company. I am always looking for new opportunities to grow spiritually as well as find new resources for people searching for the truth from God's Word. In just looking at the forum briefly, I believe this is going to be a good place for me to get more deep into God's Word. I found the site while doing research for a Bible study class I was going to be teaching. I can't wait to start learning more.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

My name is Morgan -- I'm from Northern New Jersey and am a newly and happily married mom-to-be!

I became a Christian only two years ago, and have been searching for a study that is focused and educational, while also helping me to get at God's heart. I believe the Psalms, being as creative and soulful as they are, are a wonderful place to start this type of study -- so thank you, this study is an answer to prayer!

Looking forward to it and discussing with all of you!

• 3 weeks later...

]Hi everyone! My name is Katie and I live in Montana. I am excited to be a part of this study. I will be 56 years old in July. I am divorced but have a friend in Seattle that I am doing this study with. God Bless you and thanks for the opportunity to study online.

• 3 months later...

Dear Friend,

Welcome to the online Bible study forum for Experiencing the Psalms.

It's exciting to meet other people who are involved in this Bible study. Why don't you check in and share a bit about yourself, and what state and country you are from. Please do NOT include your e-mail address. Be discrete about sharing private things about yourself.

Yours in Christ,

Pastor Ralph

Iam a brand new member and had some difficulty finding this site. I have been a Christian for many years and teach a Bible Study for new women in the church that I attend. I am really looking forward to studying with you guys and chatting back and forth on the subjects.I live in Virginia, USA, am married, have 3 adult children and 2 precious grandchildren.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

My name is Damaris. I am a new student online. I am 25 years old. I am a nursing student living in Texas, US. I was born in Kenya. I look forward learning more about God from book of psalms. Last year spring I did a study from book of John with BSF. I am just starting and I am also excited about the study :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

My name is Beverley and I live near Manchester in England. I lead a youth Bible study group and the kids have requested that we study the Psalms as our next topic. Though I know the Bible pretty well, this is an area that I've never studied in any great detail, so I wanted to do a crash course before feeling competant to answer all the questions that usually get thrown my way. Looking forward to the studies!

• 2 weeks later...

[

" Sawasdee Krab " I, Goshener, am a Thai Catholic of 69 y.o. and a fresh member of Bible Study about Moses. I am interested in Psalms, just wish to say Hello to my dear brethren of this forum. I welcome everybody who likes or enjoys in helping, discussing and/or teaching me in correctly saying or understanding Psalms. Thank you in advance and may our Good Lord bless you all.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I'm Katrina from Northern California. My husband and I have been reading a Psalm each morning to our family and feel that we don't understand (or can't relate to) a lot of the verses so I'm looking forward to doing this study!

• 3 months later...

Hi :)

My name is Nidge & I am the Pastoral Support Worker with the Boaz Trust (A Christian Charity that works with asylum seekers here in the UK) - my wife & I also run a multicultural church

My reason for taking this study is for spiritual refreshment & to gain a sense of the greater Body of Christ

Many of the guys in our group are either lower working class or foreign nationals so the 'traditional bible study' does not fit as many of them can't/don't read English so we storytell the Bible & discuss as a group

I pray that these studies become a source of refreshment to us