JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Psalm 150

Q1. (Psalm 150) A.)What does this psalm teach us about praise?

B.) Where should praise occur?

C.)With what should praise be conducted?

D.) Who should praise?

E.)What does this psalm make you feel like after reading it out loud?

A. After reading the Psalm, I learned that praise is an integral part of worship. That it should be felt deep within us. I believe that God is teaching us how to praise Him because it is important to him.

B. Praise should take place in his sanctuary, in the mighty heavens.

C. Praise should be conducted with all kinds of instruments, lyres, tambourines, trumpets, dancing...

D. Everything/everyone that has breath praise The Lord.

E. After reading this, it makes me want to praise The Lord, with all my soul, it fills my soul.

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (Psalm 150) What does this psalm teach us about praise? Where should praise occur? With what should praise be conducted? Who should praise? What does this psalm make you feel like after reading it out loud?

Praise is giving the Lord God addoration. The Lord deserves nothing but the best every person has as He created all things and has given people all that they have.

Q1. (Psalm 150) What does this psalm teach us about praise? Where should praise occur? With what should praise be conducted? Who should praise? What does this psalm make you feel like after reading it out loud?

Praise is giving the Lord God adoration. The Lord deserves nothing but the best every person has (Psalm 62:8)- as He created all things and has given people all that they have and all that they are (Romans 11:36). Praise can be conducted with music, voice, dance- this psalm suggests praising can arise by anything that has breath (v6), does that mean that all creation can give praise to God? Certanly all of creation brings glory to God (Psalm 8:1). He can be praised in all ways that bring glory to hm, in any place (v1). Praise arises from the heart (Psalm 30:12).

• 1 month later...

The Psalm releases us to praise him with music and express great joy and awe. It talks about praising Him in the sanctuary, however anytime and anyplace also. We should praise him with what we have available to make a joyful sound. Everyone should praise Him who has breath. I feel like rejoicing!

• 1 year later...

(Psalm 150) What does this psalm teach us about praise? Where should praise occur? With what should praise be conducted? Who should praise? What does this psalm make you feel like after reading it out loud?

This psalm  teaches us that we are to praise the Lord- we are to praise the Lord wherever we are , we are to praise the Lord whoever we are, we are to praise the Lord whenever we can, and we are to praise the Lord with whatever resources we have - our voices, with strings, and in whatever fashion that we are able to praise the Lord. Hallelujahs should be on our lips at all times for it is with our very lives, with  our  very hearts  and our very Souls that we are to Worship the Lord. It is for this purpose that we are created. To worship and praise the Lord.

This  psalm   makes me feel that I should serve and Worship the Lord with all my heart, with all my mind and with all my soul.

• 4 months later...
On August 18, 2007 at 10:59 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Praise ye the Lord, Hallelujah, oh Praise ye the Lord, forever and forever and ever.  

I do wish I could record and sing those words out loud so you could hear the melody.  Praise the Lord can be done with anything or anywhere..

• 2 months later...

Praise runs through most of the Psalms, at least somewhere!!!! But in this Psalm we see praise as a great celebration of who God is & what He does. It is extravagant, not holding back, with everything we've got, as though our lives depended upon it!!!! All kinds of instruments are use, ones that give us melody but also very noisy ones. It has great variety and it needs to involve everyone.

Praise is happening in the highest heavens all the time, but it needs to be expressed on the earth, the one place where God's rule isn't carried out perfectly.

It needs to be accompanied with any instrument we can get our hands on & that includes our voices. Every human being needs to get in on this praise.

How it makes me feel is that God is great and awesome. That He is really worthy of it all. That life is not complete for me unless I am truly a worshipper as this Psalm shows us.

• 7 months later...

This Psalm teaches us that praise is supposed to be exuberant and joyful. That you are to praise the Lord with your whole heart or with all your emotions. That you are to praise him with dance and instruments. That everyone is to praise the Lord.

Praise should occur in the sanctuary or in heaven. Praise should be conducted with the trumpet, horn, flute, harp, cymbals, and tambourines.

It makes me feel like praising Him more and being more joyful like the Israelites more. It makes me feel like dancing before Him like David did. Using all instruments to praise Him.

That we all should praise God because He is the Creator and author of life. It should occur in the sanctuary. All kinds of instruments should be used to praise Him. Anyone who believes in Him should Him basically. It makes me want to listen to Messianic Worship Music and praise God that way. 

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Praise the Lord is not an invitation or a suggestion, but a command for it is given in the imperative form. We are also exhorted to praise the Lord energetically, enthusiastically, jubilantly, passionately and with eagerness. No one or nothing is excluded from giving Him praise, except the ones who does not have breath in them.

There is no restriction as to where praise should occur. But in this psalm the command is to praise Him in His sanctuary. If the New Testament says that we are the temple of God, then praise should be in this sanctuary that is in us.

Praise should be conducted with trumpets, timbrel, harp, tambourine, ten stringed instruments, and dance and with jubilant voice.

Everything that has breath should praise the Lord

This Psalm is very uplifting and jubilant. It is truly an halal song. It not only declares that the One to whom praise is lifted up is worthy, but also, as though, calling all to join in to worship the Worthy One.

• 4 years later...

Q1. (Psalm 150) 

What does this psalm teach us about praise?  This Psalm teaches us that praise is unlimited and due unto God, Christian or non-Christian. Not only humans praise but all creation; creatures and nature was created to praise God. 

Where should praise occur? As praise is without question in the sanctuary and in the heavens, Praise should occur where life is present whether at work, in the car, no limits. 

With what should praise be conducted? Praise should be conducted with all types of sounding instruments including our voices, hands and feet. 

Who should praise? The saints of God and everything that has breath. 

What does this psalm make you feel like after reading it out loud? Endless praise regardless of mood, circumstance

• 1 month later...

I need to praise God much more often ... in any way. 

Hallelujah is praise + you (plural) + Yahweh.

Isn't it fascinating that the middle term, "You," is plural?  Is this trinitarian or does it refer to the multitude of people who are praising God simultaneously?