JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Psalm 150

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (Psalm 150) What does this psalm teach us about praise? Where should praise occur? With what should praise be conducted? Who should praise? What does this psalm make you feel like after reading it out loud?

This psalm teaches that we should give praise to God for all that He has done, and is for us, and to us.

We should praise Him in His holy sanctuary and heaven with our voices and our instruments, the harp, the flute, the cymbals, the pipes. We should also praise Him FROM our hearts!

Everyone who is living should praise Him.. "everyone who has breath"

This psalm makes me feel like getting alone and quiet with God to give Him thanks for all that He is and continues to be in my life, to thank Him for His wondrous works and majesty. To share my heart and soul with Him!

Edited by CathyLovesJesus

• 3 months later...

Q1. (Psalm 150) What does this psalm teach us about praise? Where should praise occur? With what should praise be conducted? Who should praise? What does this psalm make you feel like after reading it out loud?

This Psalm teaches that praise is simple! It has a basic structure that we are to follow so we needn't get stressed or concerned about praising him in any way! It teaches how we are to praise, 'cymbals, stringed instruments and trumpet.'

My NKJV says 'in His sanctuary' and after dictionary.com, sanctuary is a sacred or Holy place. Its second meaning is in Judaism, 'the Biblical tabernacle or the Temple in Jerusalem.' When Jesus dies on the cross, the temple curtain was torn in two so that we are able to enter into the holy of holies, so understanding that we should be praising God in ourselves! Because we are now in the holy of holies all the time! How exciting!

We should praise God using all the instruments we can to the best of our ability! Use what talents God has given you because these days we have many more instruments than what they had in bible times.

I feel like using everything I can to praise him! It makes me want to learn how to play an instrument just to praise him. This psalm has restored my joy, praise the Lord!

• 2 months later...

http://www.joyfulheart.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=663

Psa 150:1-6 Praise the LORD! Praise God in his Temple! Praise his strength in heaven! (2) Praise him for the mighty things he has done. Praise his supreme greatness. (3) Praise him with trumpets. Praise him with harps and lyres. (4) Praise him with drums and dancing. Praise him with harps and flutes. (5) Praise him with cymbals. Praise him with loud cymbals. (6) Praise the LORD, all living creatures! Praise the LORD!

This teaches us to praise God with musical instruments and at all times, Praise God joyfully. It says in His temple but we are also God's temple so we should be full of praise for Him. He should be praised with musical instruments and with a joyous sound. We must all praise Him. It makes me want to put on some good praise and worship music and just praise and honour God. :P

Psa 150:1-6 Praise the LORD! Praise God in his Temple! Praise his strength in heaven! (2) Praise him for the mighty things he has done. Praise his supreme greatness. (3) Praise him with trumpets. Praise him with harps and lyres. (4) Praise him with drums and dancing. Praise him with harps and flutes. (5) Praise him with cymbals. Praise him with loud cymbals. (6) Praise the LORD, all living creatures! Praise the LORD!

This teaches us to praise God with musical instruments and at all times, Praise God joyfully. It says in His temple but we are also God's temple so we should be full of praise for Him. He should be praised with musical instruments and with a joyous sound. We must all praise Him. It makes me want to put on some good praise and worship music and just praise and honour God. :P

This teaches us to praise God with musical instruments and at all times, Praise God joyfully. It says in His temple but we are also God's temple so we should be full of praise for Him. He should be praised with musical instruments and with a joyous sound. We must all praise Him. It makes me want to put on some good praise and worship music and just praise and honour God. :)

• 1 month later...

That it is a command, not a choice. In the Holy place, the heavens. Praise Him with your voice, in song with instruments, everything that has breath should praise Him. I feel thankful and excited about my Savior. He keeps me each day.

• 2 weeks later...

This psalm teaches us that we should freely praise God continuously. We must praise God in the sanctuary. Everything that has breath must praise the Lord. We should use the trumpet, the harp and lyre, the tambourine, dancing, strings and flute, the cymbals, in fact every instrument available to us can be used to praise the Lord.

It makes me feel that I have been commissioned to praise God more freely.

• 4 weeks later...

Q1: The Psalm teaches me that Praising the Lord should be a part of my daily life. Praising God should never grow stale or boring because there is so much to praise him for.

Q2: The praise should occur everywhere, at anytime, but specifically in his sancturary and mighty heavens.

Q3: Praise should be conducted with musical instruments.

Q4: "Everything that has breath" should praise God.

Q5: This Psalm makes me feel like praising God. It's Sunday, and I will have the mindset of praising God at church today!

• 2 months later...

Q1. (Psalm 150) Praise the Lord everywhere, with fun dancing and music; bragging about Gods goodness and power. This Psalm makes me want to learn to play the harmonica. Party to the Living God.

Q1. (Psalm 150)

What does this psalm teach us about praise?

The reason for our existence is to praise the Lord.

Where should praise occur?

Everywhere. Both here on earth and in Heaven.

With what should praise be conducted?

With music and song

• 2 weeks later...

We should praise God because He is powerful, great, and mighty. We should praise Him both "in his sanctuary" and "in His mighty heavens", meaning everywhere. Everyone and everything should praise the Lord and do it with great joy with musical instruments. After reading this psalm, I want to go praise God with music and joy.

• 2 months later...

For many years I was of the mind that most contemporary Christian music, with its livelier rhythms and instruments, was offensive to God. Sound familiar?

Psalm 150 was always poking at me from the back of my mind, but I brushed it off as not meaning what it SEEMED to mean. Then our children got to the age where they listened to it anyway! And so, out of love for them, I started listening to it. And I do confess that praising God has become a richer experience : )) I still love many of the staid old hymns, but many of the more contemporary songs are especially meaningful.

When the Psalmist says to praise God in the sanctuary, I'm assuming that he was picturing the tent tabernacle that he was familiar with. The equivalent, for us, would be our churches, in fellowship with others. But I have another idea as well. The OT sanctuary/tabernacle was designed especially around symbolism about Christ. He was the shewbread, he was the light, he was the mercy seat, the incense was his intercession, and he was the sacrifice. So "in his sanctuary" could also mean praising him specifically with Christ, and all that he stands for, at the center of the praise.

We are commanded to praise the Lord. This should occur in the sanctuary or in a holy place.We should praise Him with instruments and dance. When I think of dance, it makes me think of being fully engaged with music and words are going together with words. Everyone that has a breath should praise God.We are created with a purpose and we should use our voices, bodies and instruments to praise God. I feel like praising Him all the time and for great things He has done.

• 3 weeks later...

We should shout our praises to the Lord. Praise Him whereever we are and when we feel as if we should. Trumpets, harps, tambourines and dancing and stringed instruments and cymbals. Everyone who is living should praise Him. I want to Praise God outside to all.

• 3 months later...

Q1. (Psalm 150) What does this psalm teach us about praise?

Praise is unrestrained, exuberant, can be loud, soft, musical, from the heart, imaginative, at all times, always desired and appropriate, and commanded.

In His holy temple....I'm His temple, and His presence is everywhere like the air....so there is no place where praise should not be lifted up!

Voice, hands, feet, instruments, the heart!

Who should praise?

Everything that has breath! ME! I hear the birds praise when I wake up and the last thing I hear them do before they roost is perch on the topmost branch in the tree and sing a song of praise! I am privileged to have a voice and hands to sing and clap praise and to blow kisses to Him!

What does this psalm make you feel like after reading it out loud?

Joy! Fulfilled! Flowing in the Spirit! Uplifted! Gratitude! Content! Happy to be His beloved child! Thankful that my Lord is so GOOD, and that He is so worthy of praise!

• 1 month later...

Praise is being sincerely and deeply thankful for and/or satisfied in lauding a superior quality or great act(s) of the object...in this case directed toward God.

The praise is to take place in the holy places and in Heaven.

Praise should be conducted with musical instruments and voice.

Everyone who is breathing should praise the Lord.

After reading this Psalm I feel the greatness of God and I humble myself before Him.

• 1 month later...

Q1. (Psalm 150) What does this psalm teach us about praise?

This psalm directs our praise to the Only One who is praiseworthy, doesn't it? And since we are to "praise" Him because of who He is (the LORD), where He is ('in the sanctuary, in His mighty heavens'), and what He does ('for His acts of power, for His surpassing greatness') it doesn't matter what might be going on in our lives. Our praise has to do with Him and not with us.

This psalm neither limits the "where" nor the "when" to praise the LORD. Since it 'commands' us to "Praise the LORD" that would imply 'everywhere' (and at all times).

Although this psalm speaks of 'instruments' with which to praise God, I understand this in a figurative way i.e.; that I am to praise God verbally ('sound the trumpet'), with my hands (what I do), with my dancing feet (where I go), with my exuberance for Him ('clash the cymbals'), and with my every breath (or 'with my entire life).

Who should praise?

Interestingly enough, this psalm is directed to all people .... not just to believers. Of course, my thought is that in the process of praising God for who He is and what He has done results in 'belief'.

What does this psalm make you feel like after reading it out loud?

It makes me want to live 'exuberantly'. He want's me to live this way .... for His glory, for my sake (focus on Him rather than on me), and for the good of others (witnessing to the joy that is only found in the LORD).

• 2 months later...

Ps 150 speaks of praising God, it teaches us that we have all the reason to praise God, he is our creator and we need to praise him for this creation of his, the whole earth was created by him his works are praise worthy, his faithfulness in our lives is to be praised, his mighty deeds are to be praised. When we praise God and worship him we and get lost completely in his presence every being of ours praises, it is this type of praise that the psalmist wants to offer to God, every vessel in our body, every bone of our body praises God for his love , his faithfulness his acts of power, his surpassing greatness. When we experience that joy while we praise and worship him we rejoice like David dancing and making music to him with our praises that make a sweet sound in his ears.

Verse 6 means our inmost being praise the Lord.

This psalm makes me feel when i praise God my inmost being should rejoice and the praises of mouth should be such that when God hears them they are pleasing to him, and they are not just word or mere songs that i sing to him, rejoicing i must praise & worship him.

Our love for God is expressed in a wonderful way when we praise Him and exalt Him! This Psalm teaches me that no matter what situations i face or what needs i have -- i have found singing praises to God is the foremost duty of every believer. God acts on our behalf of us as we praise Him, works in ways beyond our expectations.

Praising God at all times fills me with strength and courage, joy and peace and i see God supplying all my needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

Praise occurs from my inner most being giving thanks to God. With all my heart , my mind and my strength i need to praise God. I praise God recalling his benefits , his faithfulness, love and mercy towards me. I praise Him for who He is and i praise Him for He is a great God who makes the impossible possible.

The Psalmist calls us to praise God with all musical instruments and above all with our whole heart to sing praises to God. As i read this psalm aloud i am encouraged to praise God through melodious songs of praise and bask in His Presence.

Psalm 150 is a psalm which calls all believers to praise our Father in Heaven. It is fitting to praise the lord at all times. As the Psalmist says I will extol thee O lord at all times,your praise shall be continually in my mouth. We are called to praise our God for he is our creator. We need to praise him for his mighty acts of power and His surpassing greatness. Praise occurs in his sanctuary. When i dwell in the house of the Lord coming before him in worship,I am able to offer high praises to the King of Kings.

Praise can be condcuted with the musical instruments like trumpet, harp,lyre tambourines and flutes. I can praise God with songs and music and use the present day instruments like guitar ,keyboard etc and make a joyful noise and praise the Lord.

Psalm 150 shows us that all who have breath must praise the Lord. It shows us that all creatures who have life must praise God.

Psalm 150 shows me how important it is to shout praises to our God. It makes me repeat this Psalm several times aloud because God dwells in the praises of his people. When we praise we are thankful people and anything around me will change when I offer a sacrifice a praise to the Lord.

When i go through the toughest days I just uses the scriptures of praise and I see the presence of God taking over the situation and I am at peace with myself.

Psalm 150 indeed makes me shout it aloud because I have experienced the power of praising God

God desires that we praise HIm. He is teaching and telling us where to praise how to praise why to praise .... this shows that God is pleased when when we praise him, he delights in our praises. God inhabits in the praise of His people. He desires that we praise Him in all things at all times.

Praise should be in our hearts, everything within us praise God at all places and in all situations. the psalms tells us that Praise occurs in His holy sanctuary in his mighty heavens.

With all kinds of instruments we must praise - i.e with music and singing. at all places, everywhere everytime in everything.

everything that has breath must praise the Lord

The psalm makes me joyful

• 4 months later...

What does this psalm teach us about praise? Where should praise occur? With what should praise be conducted? Who should praise? What does this psalm make you feel like after reading it out loud?

This psalm teaches that praise should be constant. If we cease to praise God, Jesus states in Luke 19:40 that even the rocks will cry out His name. That is a powerful thing to think about. Do I really want to leave it up to creation to praise God? Or do I want to take the time and effort to get close to my Creator and praise Him for all the good He has done in and for and to me? I would rather take time out of and throughout my day to praise God than be held accountable for my lack of acknowledgement.

Praise, according to Psalm 150 should occur in His holy place, His sanctuary. Now, this could be taken both literally and metaphorically. We are to use our time in God’s house as a time of worship and praise. Thinking about or doing other things is not giving God the respect and honor that He is worthy of. For instance, the need to check an iPhone during a church worship song or set of songs does not show God that He is worthy of our time and effort. It is not attributing to Him any worth. This can also be taken figuratively. We could consider our bodies God’s sanctuary since 1 Corinthians 6:19 says that our bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit. Therefore we are to use ourselves, our bodies, our minds, our words, our lives to praise God. In doing such, we will be in a state of constant praise to God, which the ultimate goal, according to this psalm.

We are to praise him with instruments. Again, I believe that this can be taken directly or indirectly. For those who are musically inclined, it is obvious that they are to use their talent to praise God and glorify Him with their gift(s). For those who are not gifted in music, it becomes necessary to turn oneself into an instrument of praise in order to line up with what we see throughout Scripture. No one is exempt because verse 6 declares that “everything that has breath” should praise the Lord.

This psalm makes me feel so small. It praises God in all aspects and speaks to His power and greatness…and then there’s me. My best works, my best day, my best self can’t possibly come close to the wonders God can do without even trying.

• 1 month later...

This psalm teaches us the where, why, how, and who about praise. Praise should occur in God's holy place or sanctuary. Praise could be conducted with various instruments such as the trumpet, harp, lyre, tamborine, strings or flute, or cymbals. Praise can also be accompanied by dancing. Everyone who is alive should praise. This psalm read aloud makes me want to sing and praise the Lord.

• 2 years later...

This psalm teaches us that we should be praising God at all times and in all places. We can praise him in our music, with wind instruments, with sting instruments, with percussion instruments and with singing. We should all be praising God.

It should be read out loud because it a high energy type psalm.