JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Psalm 150

This psalms teaches us that we should always praise our god almighty because he is a god who is worthy to be praised. He is the only god that exists and we should worship and just praise him.

Praise should occur in the heavens where our lord stays.

Praise should be conducted with trumpet, harp, lyre, tambourine, string instruments, flute, cymbals and of course with our dancing.

Every living thing that breathes should praise god .

It makes me praise god more and more. i just feel like letting him know how great he is.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Psalm 150 teaches us the need to praise God. The reason we should praise Him is because of his wonderful works of creation and love. Everthing that has breath should praise Him with intruments.

• 3 weeks later...

Q1. (Psalm 150) What does this psalm teach us about praise? Where should praise occur? With what should praise be conducted? Who should praise? What does this psalm make you feel like after reading it out loud?

Psalm 150 teaches us that praise should be given at all times, in all places, in all situations and by all people. After reading this and many other psalms, it is apparent that the human language is insufficient to effectively praise God. His love for us is beyond measure. With our limited abilities we must try at all times to offer up sincere and loving praises to our God.

• 1 month later...

Psalm 150 tells us we should put our all into praising God. This praise should occur here on earth and in Heaven with instruments and dance by everyone who has breath.

I know I need to give Him my undivided attention in praise, but my days with young children (and especially weeks like this with a bad headache) are full of interruptions and barriers. My first thought upon reading this psalm out loud is how great it will be in Heaven when I can praise fully (without worrying that the sound of the cymbals would hurt my head!). And it reminds me to focus on God, not me, as much as possible in times of praise.

• 4 weeks later...
Q1. (Psalm 150) What does this psalm teach us about praise? Where should praise occur? With what should praise be conducted? Who should praise? What does this psalm make you feel like after reading it out loud?

What does this psalm teach us about praise?

The glory of God was why we were created. We owe our existence to God. What better reason is there to praise Him. As we see and experience His goodness, love for us and all of the beauties that we are arrayed with daily that all come from our bountiful creator, we wake up praising and lie down at night still rejoicing and praising God, the creator of all.

Where should praise occur?

We should praise Him in His santuary and in His mighty firmament which is another way of saying everywhere on earth and in heaven. There is no place where worship is out of place.

With what should praise be conducted?

Praise should be conducted with our whole heart, enthusiastically with an orchestra and every kind of instrument, for His mighty acts, and according to His excellent greatness. He should be praised for what He has done for us and for who He is.

Who should praise?

"Let everything that has breath, praise the Lord."

What does this psalm make you feel like after reading it out loud?

Joyful and renewed in my love for my God. Grieved when I think about, how good God is and of His great love for us, when we don't give Him the honor and praise that He is so rightfully deserving of.

• 2 weeks later...

This psalm teaches us that praise comes from within and reiterates the importance of Praising as the psalmist makes it clear that let everything that has breath praise the Lord. This psalm also brings out the continual need to praise God as we as humans breath constantly so should we praise God at all times.

Praises come from the depths of our hearts.

Praises should be conducted with instruments of praise (including our bodies)

As the psalmist says let everything that has breath praise the Lord.

It makes me want to praise Him continually

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

PRAISE SHOULD BE GIVEN UNTO GOD BY ALL OF US ON A CONTINUAL BASIS NOT JUST FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR US BUT ALSO JUST BECAUSE OF WHO HE IS; OUR CREATOR. PRAISE CAN OCCUR ANYWHERE AND AT ANYTIME SINCE IT SHOULD COME FROM THE HEART ,AND NOT JUST BE ON SUNDAYS ONLY AT CHURCH.IT SHOULD BE CONDUCTED WITH OUR VOICE, OUR BODIES AND INSTRUMENTS SUCH AS THE HARP, TAMBOURINE, FLUTE, ETC. EVERYONE THAT HAS BREATH NEEDS TO GIVE PRAISE UNTO GOD.THIS IS A VERY SHORT BUT POWERFUL AND UPLIFTING PSALM THAT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE LEAPING FOR JOY; SOMETHING I HAVENT DONE IN A WHILE BUT WOULD LOVE TO START DOING AGAIN...GLORY.

• 4 weeks later...

Psalm 150. Out of Love for Him we should Praise Him! Because of ALL He has done for us and Given us! He Alone deserves our Praise! By Praising Him you are Welcoming His Presence and drawing Closer to Him. When you Praise Him focus your mind on Him and all He has done for you. You will realize how Great He really is. That He is in Control of Everything and everything happens in His Timing. He Created us. He knows Everything about us and even knew us before we were born. He Created Everything. He made the universe and nature and all the plants and animals for us. He gave His Life for us. He Loves Us and hears us when we pray and answers us according to His Will. His Grace and Love never End!!!! We were made to Praise Him. Everything Praises Him in Heaven and on earth for He Created Everything and is in Control, nothing is out of His Hands!

PAX

• 2 weeks later...
This psalm teaches us that God deserves all of our praise to the fullest, God has done great things in our life and deserves our thanks our praises to Him for everything. We should praise God everywhere we should not hide what God has done for us, we should let the whole earth and heavens praise God for who he is and like the last verse says everyone who has breath should praise the Lord, That means to me if you are breathing praise Him!!!!!. When I think about this Psalm it makes me think of who God is and what He has done and what He will continue to be in my life and when I think of that I can only think that He deserves my praise.

• 1 month later...

Psalm 150 is a command to praise. The where of praise is limitless, for although the psalm commands us to praise Him in his sanctuary, which could mean church or temple, the whole of the earth is "the firmament of his power."

The Psalmist focuses specifically on musical instruments and the body as instruments of praise, and also voice, as noted in the last verse, "Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord." The Psalmist is commanding the reader/listener to praise the Lord with everything the listener has.

As a commanding Psalm, the Listener is who should praise the Lord, but this again, is all encompassing, as evidenced in the last verse "Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord." This goes beyond humans to every living thing that breathes. I think creatures other than humans do this unconsciously, in their every movement, as should humans, who don't.

After reading this Psalm aloud, I felt joyous and greatful to God, and purposeful, too. It is a simple but profound Psalm of praise, and perhaps my favorite, if I had to chose.

• 3 weeks later...

What does this Psalm teach us about praise? It teaches that praise of God should be exuberant, without timid simpering, and passionate. That it should recognize his attributes of power, greatness and majesty, and that it should be heard.Where should praise occur? The psalm says

• 3 months later...

God commands us to praise. The breath that he gave us should be used to praise Him.

Praise should occur everywhere, in the santuacry, at work, your home, church, everywhere

With singing, dancing, musicaln instruments, with your very breath.

Everything that has breath should praise the Lord

After reading this psalm I just want to jump up and shout and dance and praise the Lord

• 3 months later...

The Psalm teaches us to praise God with every fiber of our being. Our praises are to be exuberant, emotional, unrestrained to say the least.

Praise is to occur anywhere and everywhere because everything was created by God.

When we praise God use whatever is at your disposal to give him praise. This can be done with dance, song, musical instruments, alone or with others. Whatever you use, put all of yourself into it; but allow your spirit to lead.

After reading this I am invigorated. My spirit feels even more alive.

• 2 weeks later...

Anywhere, anytime it is appropriate to praise God. Praise Him in His Temple (our bodies, our churches) in the Heavens. There are many forms of praise which include music, singing, dancing. God is to be praised and we all should praise Him. When I praise God, I am thrilled, and I love it when we get caught up in praise. One time there was to be a guest speaker at our church and the speaker did not make it, we spent three hours in praise and worship - we didn't need the speaker, the praise and worship ministered so well.

• 2 months later...

We are all God's creation but not all can be called his child. Only those who have trusted and believed in the sacrifice his son made on the cross. These are the people who can praise him in Truth and Love. These are the ones with the power and enlightenment of the indwelling Holy Spirit to guide that praises. We are to rejoice and return his glory back to him through our praise and worship, with our lifestyle, hearts, hands and voice. God said he tried of the incense and burning flesh, it is our hearts turned toward him in every way that pleases him. And it is a sweet fragrance ascending to his throne when his people turn from their ways and repent to give honor.

• 4 weeks later...

all of God'c children should happily exult his name whenever,wherever! He's worthy of all the praise we may attempt to give him. He is high and lifted up and his people should exult him. He is sovereign he is king of kings and lord of lord he is royal pristhood. We whould priase him in and out of his sanctuary our hearts should be filled with his wonderful blessings towards us and and give him praise. Reading this psalm out loud made me feel like dancing before the Lord, in one psalm to read out loud PRAISE 13 times my God how wonderful he is. I'll sing praises to him as long as he lends me breath.

To me, it teaches that I am to praise God for everything. It is a command. Everything that He has done, is doing, and going to do. We should praise God wherever we are at. Everywhere we go. Praise should be conducted from the heart with our voices singing out loud. With every suitable instrument man can offer with his God given creativity and artistry. Everyone that has breath should be praising God. After reading this psalm out loud, I want to shout "Hallelujah, Praise the Lord!" We can truly praise God when we see His full greatness and goodness, and recall and meditate upon all that He has done from creation to redemption to our personal lives. Praise becomes a powerful response of the heart expressing joy, gratitude, and the desire for communion with our Lord. In addition to praising God with our songs and instruments, I think we can praise God with a life of love and joy, with faith in Christ, with victory over the powers of satan, with a spiritual hunger for His kingdom and righteousness, with devotion to His word, with love of God poured into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, with the proclamation of His gospel, and with the expectation of His soon coming return.

• 3 weeks later...

This Psalm teaches that we should sing praise to God on earth and in Heaven. Praise should occur in his sanctuary. Praise should be conducted with trumpet, dancing, string instruments, harp and lyre. Everyone that have breath should praise the Lord. When I think about this Psalm it shows me how powerful our God is. How we should honor him at all times and sing praise to him no matter what, as long as we have breath. When I think about it, I will say Wow. God is such a wonderful God. It's not like he is asking us to do anything unpleasing, Our praise should bring us joy, peace, laughter, and it also clear our mine from the things of this world that may seem hard. I see this Psalm also as a Psalm the teaches us, what to do when we are grieve, afeared, receive bad news, going through difficult times and going through good time. It tells us to open our mouth and speak to the Lord through it all.

• 1 month later...

ANS - We are exhorted to praise the Lord. This Psalm instructs us in the what, where, why, how, and who should praise the Lord! This Psalm uplifts us in our Spirit as we praise Him, and get outside our own little life shells. What are we waiting for, let's praise the Lord, and enter His courts with Praise

• 3 weeks later...

We have to prais Him no matter where/what/how/when/...

The instruments make it positive.

This psalm makes me feel positive about praising Him.

It's almost two months later since I first answered this question.

Now I want to ad that I always have underestimated the praising thing.

• 1 month later...

this psalms teaches us to simply praise God with everything you have. With your heart, with instruments etc.

We can praise God anytime of the day. No matter what is going on, good or bad, we are to praise him.

Most of the time praise is with singing and playing music, praise can be shouting and dancing. Praise him loud or praise him quietly.

Everyone that breaths who has air in their lungs should praise God

The first time I read it I was sort of mumbling the words quietly, until I realized what I was declaring in the atmosphere. I re read the psalms with this time a more confident and joyful tone and loud as can be alone in my little appartment. You can feel right a way the change in the air when you are joining the angels and praising him.

• 1 month later...

Doing is better than thinking about doing. So reading this out loud is DOING praise; sharing it with a friend has ignited our morning today.

Where should praise occur? Everywhere possible, by thought word and deed we can praise our God. With what should it be conducted? Why should there be any limits other than social inhibitions of the moment? God deserves our praise in all forms and at all moments, even this is not enough for what we get from Him.

This psalm helps me to feel joy and be happy about HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD!

I enjoy answering this question, since I'm in a wonderful meed. I want ot thank God for life and for the light of the sun each day, for the air we breath. For the life on this planet, and the friends I have from the churches I go to. Soon we'll celebrate the birth of Jesus. It is good to feel God's love at this time of the year. Praise God with all we have in heart, mind, spirit, with all our strength!