JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Psalm 150

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This psalm teaches us that praise belongs to God, All must praise Him, because He is, because every good thing comes from Him, praise must be directed to Him, from everywhere and in all the ways that we can, through loud noise or in the quiet of our hearts, but praise Him we must.

Praise must occur in the sanctuary, that is in God's Holy presence, and if we are the temples of God, then from within us praise must come forth. So we can praise Him wherever we find ourselves.

We can praise him with anything and everything that we have, our mouths, our instruments, our hands clapping, our feet stamping, God will not care what cacophony we create, as long as praise is real and genuine from our hearts. It is the holiness and genuineness of our hearts that translate into the instruments, and if from our hearts, God does not mind if we praise Him off key!

Everything that has breadth, as long as we are alive, whether the situation is good or bad, whether we are hurting, sick, joyful, in whatever situation that we are, as long as we have breath in our bodies, we must praise Him; the psalmist says "the dead do not praise the Lord" Ps. 115:17

The last verses make me realise that however bad things are, when I wake up in the morning and am counted among the living, then God be praised forever!! for He is good and His love endures forever. :D

30 years ago I read some of Tim Lahaye's books and learned that the sure cure for depression is thankfulness, because depression and thankfulness cannot co-exist. That concept changed my life, but in recent years I have realized that praise is probably what makes thankfulness so effective. Praise takes thankfulness to a higher plane, because true thankfulness blossoms into praise. Psalm 22:3 says that God actually lives in our praise!

As I look at Pastor Ralph's teaching on Psalm 150, I see even more in this concept. I love his breakdown of the meaning of "hallelujah." Even the word itself is a command to praise God. To me, that word sums up the whole Psalm:

What? -- Praise

Who should praise? -- You

Who should you praise? -- God

Praise is not optional. Praise is a command. As Pastor Ralph points out, this mighty Psalm 150 begins and ends by echoing the hallelujah command: "Praise ye the Lord!" When I get "down and under," I know I have not followed this command as I should. God is not down and under, he is always on top, and he loves and watches over me! Just thinking about that starts my praise again and puts a smile on my face.

Lois

Q1. (Psalm 150) What does this psalm teach us about praise?

Psalm teaches that all living creatures should praise Yahweh. Praise him any place, anytime, anywhere, all the time. We are to praise him.

Where should praise occur?

We should praise him in his holy, heavens, we should praise him from here on this earth.

With what should praise be conducted?

Praise should be conducted with music, song, dance, etc.....with every good thing that preceeded out of our mouths, should we praise him.

Who should praise?

Every living creature, everything that has breath.

What does this psalm make you feel like after reading it out loud?

This psalms made me praise him even more.

(Psalm 150) What does this psalm teach us about praise? Praise is of great joy, a celebration of the Most High God.

Where should praise occur? Everywhere, but this psalm refers to the sanctuary - but to me, a sanctuary is with all your heart since our bodies are the temple of the Lord our most holy of holies is within us, in the deepest regions of our heart and with all of our heart.

With what should praise be conducted? With instruments and with dancing, with their voice.

Who should praise? Let everyone praise the Lord.

What does this psalm make you feel like after reading it out loud? Joyful and peaceful that we have a God who loves and cares for us.

Q1. (Psalm 150) What does this psalm teach us about praise? Where should praise occur? With what should praise be conducted? Who should praise? What does this psalm make you feel like after reading it out loud?

Praise is sincerely and deeply thankful for/and satisfied in lauding a superior qualities or great works (acts) of the Lord. What we must do is praise him in his holy place (Heaven) Why for his acts of power and surpassing greatness How with instruments and dance Who everyone who has breath. After reading this I just want to dance and sing to the Lord with great exhuberation and thanksgiving. I have great joy for this psalm makes me want to jump and shout Hallelujah!

The Psalms teach us that we should praise, praise God. The writer is truly encouraging us to praise God. We should praise Him daily. He teaches us that God's creation praises him everywhere and in every way. Let us all join this rejoicing song of praise.

Praise should occur in the sanctuary, in his mighty heaven. There are several instruments named; ram's horn, lyre harp, tambourine, dancing, string and flute and cymbals. It seem that instruments were a vital part of worship and praise in the old testament.

I feel we should praise God also with our daily lives. After you read this, you realize the importance of prasie. When praise goes up blessings come down. God is worthy

Hello I have been away from my computer fpr the last couple of weeks so I am just getting caught up.

1 This palms teaches that we can give praise to God in many ways..in songs , prayers, and anything we say and do.

2 where should we praise him..in ever waking moment

3 With what should praise be conducted..with love and honesty

4 who should praise...everyone that believes in God

5 What did I feel like after I had read and reread this psalm...the glory of God and how much I love him.

I did this lesson Sunday morning before church, I had just prayed, Jesus may you be pleased and blessed by our worship this morning. May we find ourselves in you. Thank you for this psalm. This is the attitude of offering praise to God, even with a special word, Hallelujah. My heart sings praise to the Lord God Almighty. God bless.

This shows us that we are to praise God. Everyone is to praise him everywhere. We praise him with singing, instruments, and dance. I am uplifted after reading this Psalm. The first thing the Israelites did after passing through the red sea on dry ground was sing to the Lord. Miriam and the other women took tambourines and sang and danced to the Lord.

Q1. (Psalm 150) What does this psalm teach us about praise? Where should praise occur? With what should praise be conducted? Who should praise? What does this psalm make you feel like after reading it out loud?

This Psalm teach us that everyone who have breath should praise the Lord for his goodness and his mercy.

Praise should occur in his Holy Place the Sanctuary.

Praise should be conducted with instructments, singing and dancing.

Everyone who have breath should praise the Lord.

After reading the Psalm I feel like opening the window and shouting to everyone to Praise the Lord.

This Psalm teaches us about Praise that It is an expression of admiration and appreciation. When we praise someone, we tell them how wonderful we think they are, or how great their accomplishments are. It is same with the Lord. Praise has to do with acknowledging God

What does this psalm teach us about praise?

* How important it is to not only us, but how important it is to God. We know that God inhabits the praises of His people and all creation has sounds of praise. There must be a continual sound of praise rising up from earth. He has made it to where there is always a sound of praise glorifying Him and as Jesus stated, "even the very stones will cry out in even if man doesn't. "

MULTITUDE- hamon refers to a group of people :

In the Vine this word harmon means multitude and these Psalms teach us to praise as a body of people in unity as one with Christ making sounds towards heaven, this is sounds of thankfulness for His power and His glory upon earth. The most important thing we can do is not only thank Him but praise Him everyday and every night.

Where should praise occur?

* Where ever we are and in whatever we do.

With what should praise be conducted?

* Our hearts, our mouth, the works of our hands and the path of our feet.

What does this psalm make you feel like after reading it out loud?

* After reading it, saying it, studying it and gaining a deeper understanding of it, I see that we must praise Him everyday and night for it is to the glory of the Son and the power of His might that has brought our redemption along with our eternal life, and that His is our King of Kings and our Lord of Lords. That we have submitted to His rule and rein among the places in our lives and on this earth.

What does this psalm teach us about the praise? Where should praise occur? With what should praise be conducted? Who should praise? What does this psalm make you feel like after reading it aloud?

That praise is nonstop it has an beginning adn it continues throughout,the praise should occur in the holy place or even in our homes when we pray. Praise should be conducted through our minds out of our mouths but also through instrunments such as the tamborine,harp,the trumphet,etc. Everyone that has breath should be able to praise the Lord when they accept the salvation of the Lord plus through the Word of God. With the praising of the Lord it is an act of power,surpassing in greatness.When i have read this psalm it has made me feel like i want to always praise the Lord for the goodness that he stands for.

What psalm 150 teaches about praise is that every living thing is expected to give praise to God.

Praise should occur wherever we are at-church, home,etc.

Praise should be conducted with musical instruments, dance, and song.

Those who have breath are commanded to praise.

After reading psalm 150 aloud, I want to put on some worship music, then lift my hands in praise. :)

You know, after reading this psalm especially the verses that tell us to praise God with trumpet, harp, lyre, tambourine,cymbals, and other musical instruments; I fail to understand those church denominations who say it is sinful or wrong to use musical instruments to worship.

What is their interpretation of psalm 150, I wonder? :huh:

This Psalm teaches us about Praise in the following ways:

What to Praise - the Lord

Where to Praise - in God's holy place and in His mighty heavens

Why should we Praise - for God's acts of power and His surpassing greatness.

How to Praise - With instruments and dance

Who should Praise - Everything that has breath.

When reading this Psalm aloud it makes me feel humble and it lifts me to exalt God Almighty.

• 2 weeks later...

1. We are to praise God whole heartedly,joyously, with musical instruments, songs, dancing, unashamedly; in spirit & in truth.

2. Praise should occur on this earth & in the heavens; individually & collectively.

3. Praise should be conducted with instruments and dance; with songs & verbal expressions of our adoration & praise & thanksgiving to God our Creator!

4.Everyone that has breath should praise God. That includes all living beings.

5. After reading this psalm aloud I'm filled with joy & wonder & adoration & awe! I am reminded that worship is a celebration time! It's a time totally dedicated to God! It's 'God consciousness' & so I must not be 'self-conscious' when I'm worshipping my God!

Psalm 150 reiterates that ALL praise should go to God! It reminds us that we can and should praise Him for all that He has done and given us - natural wonders etc. Praise is a command and should and can happen anywhere, anytime. We should always be praising to God - even when we feel that we don't have anything to praise HIm for. Our praise can come from anywhere - it doesn't matter how we praise - just as long as we do. I see many parallels here between praise and worship as our whole lives are to be as worship to God just as we are to praise God in all we do, and say, for the things we have and all He has done. We all need to praise God continually! I love reading this psalm as it is such a positive, awe-inspiring psalm, that reminds us that regardless of what is happening in our lives we have so much to praise God for.

[/qu

This psalm teaches us that everything created that has breadth should praise God for His acts of power and surpassing greatness. And for it to be called it shld be done with instruments and dance. Also, praise should include where it shld be done, why you are doing the praise, how it shld be done and the people that are required o praise. ( everything that has breadth).

Praise shloud be conducte with instruments (trumpet, lyre, strings, cymbals, flute etc) and dance.

Everything that has breadth should praise God. Both animals, birds of the air, fishes of the sea and even trees.

This psalm makes me feel that praises is important and God values it alot. I also feel that everything in me and in my environment should start praising God.

What does this psalm teach us about praise? It teaches me that praise means joy and celebration of Jesus Christ. It let me know that I should praise the LORD no matter what I go through because the things bad or good I go through it let me know that GOD is working in my life and I should praise HIM each and every day.Praise should conducted with joy, happiness to the God almighty. Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Well to me everyone should praise the LORD if it is just for allowing them to wake up this morning with a sound mind and able body. This psalm makes me feel good about giving all my praise and worship to my LORD and SAVIOR Jesus Christ. Let me know that I love the LORD God with all my heart and soul.

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone and everything should praise the Lord. Even those who do not and don't want to praise the Lord in the end. God deserves our praise!! We too often forget and don't look to see God's handiwork in our lives.

Praise should be continually in our mouths and our hearts. God should be given the glory through our lives, not just our talk.

God is the ultimate!! He is the praise!!

• 3 weeks later...

It teaches us to praise him in his holy place with instruments and dance for his immense greatness. Everyone that has breath should praise him. It makes me want to praise him for what he has provided for me. I used to read this psalm every morning and I think I will have to start again.