JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Praise is often difficult in the midst of trying circumstances because we are feeling down and not really feeling like praising God. It requires us to make the choice rather than relying on our emotions. Praise enhances and builds our faith and motivation. If we can praise God in all situations we will see a shift in our faith and motivation of God. Our attitude towards difficult situations changes positively when we praise God despite the situation. By praising God despite the circumstances our whole being, outlook, demeanour changes, and we look to the positives or the things that the Lord is teaching us in those circumstances.

Q1. (Psalm 57) Why is praise difficult in the midst of trying circumstances? How does praise affect our faith? Our attitude? Our motivation?

Praise is difficult in the midst of trying circumstances because we are filled with fear & anxiety & are thus unable to express words of gratitude & faith in God.We are unable to look beyond the darkest storm & lift our hearts to the Creator of this universe because we do not see God in the right perspective! Once I determine in my mind that I'll praise God no matter what happens then I'll be able to praise God inspite of the situation. It has to be a conscious effort, not based on feelings but based on the intimate relationship that I share with God daily in worship , adoration & praise!

Praise lifts & releases our spirit & enables us to trust in God's greatness.It changes our attitude towards God & also towards our circumstances. We are able to see our 'giants' from God's perspective: as tiny 'grasshoppers'!!

Q1. (Psalm 57) Why is praise difficult in the midst of trying circumstances? How does praise affect our faith? Our attitude? Our motivation?

Praise can be difficult in the midst of trying circumstances because we become distracted from praise to obsession with the situation. We become depressed and often permit our imaginations to run away from us depicting the most extreme and depressing outcomes. We don't permit God to be our God! Because we want control and immediate relief, we rely upon our way and don't seek God's counsel causing broken fellowship with God and often an outcome we really didn't want.

The bottomline is -- we must discipline ourselves to permit God to be our God through all situations, like David, in our lives. Trust and rest in God's Word and promises -- to stay the course with God. This is where real spiritual growth is developed. Where that tiny Sunday School faith develops into a mature, tested faith capable of enduring anything.

• 3 weeks later...

We don't enjoy going through difficult circumstances. We want to whine and complain instead of praising God for them. When in fact, if we praise Him, our 'problems' don't seem so big. We need to look at them as now how big our problems are, but how Big our God is!!!

When we praise through everything God is glorified, our faith is strengthened and our problems don't seem so huge. That is when we can see how big God really is!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Because we try to rely on ourselves and other people to help us when we should go to God first. Praising the Lord gives you a lift it makes you feel better it makes your whole body smile. There is nothing better than praising God and thanking him for the good and bad times. We have to praise through those bad time to get to the good. I know it is hard but it can be done.

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes it is hard to see beyond what is directly in our face. Our circumstances are so real and God sometimes seems so far away. Satan is constantly reminding of us the turmoil in our lives and the hurt that we are dealing with. When we lay our burdens down and start praising God in spite of our circumstances, our faith rises up and our whole countenance changes. God lifts us up above the clouds of gloom and despair. When the praises go up the blessings come down. God takes care of our attitude and our circumstances, and establishes our goings.

• 3 weeks later...

What holds back praise while in the midst of a trial is being preoccupied with self. Trials force its way to the front of everything that otherwise should be happening in our lives. Its monopolizes ours conversations, thought life and our prayer time. Our prayers turn inward focusing on "me" leaving no room for intercession or praise. Everything is affected, our faith wavers when we focus on the when LORD when. When will I be delivered from this problems. We then become self centererd and fearful. LORD God teach us to be mindful to always keep you first in our hearts, on our minds and in our lives. Just like Peter, who was successfully walking on the water after Jesus bade him to come, took his eyes off Jesus and began to sink. We too we shink when we take our eyes off Jesus. Deliver us from ourselves Father God! Teach us to look to you and not at our trials. In the name of Jesus, Amen!

• 2 months later...

Why is praise difficult in the midst of trying circumstances?

It is said that the darkest hour in a man life is always just before the dawning of a new light.

That

Q1. (Psalm 57) Why is praise difficult in the midst of trying circumstances?

Most of us tend to hold our praise until things are going our way. When we are in the midst of trying circumstances our praise is more important. We need to let God know that we can praise Him even during the storms.

How does praise affect our faith?

Praise can strengthen our faith.

Our attitude?

Praise can help our attitude making it more positive.

Our motivation?

Our praise can help motivate us to be more like God wants us to be

• 4 months later...

Praise is difficult in the midst of trying circumstances because we get focussed on our pain about details. Praising God, as David did in the cave, puts our trust in God again, lifts our minds away from ourselves, and reminds us how powerful He is and how He can protect us, and show us the way. Praise allows us to see His possibilities and pulls us out of the pit, so to speak. Our faith in him, rather than our preoccupation with the self, transforms our attitude about trying circumstances. We are motivated to stop wallowing around if we turn our faces towards Him and acknowledge to ourselves and others (the nations) what we see.

It is only through trying circumstances, circumstances that test us, that we are able to become better Christians and people, more as we want to be in the eyes of the Lord.

• 11 months later...

<_<

When one is going through trying circumstances, they are so engrossed in the circumstances, they don't even think of praising Jesus for what He might do to help them. Praise is important to our faith. I attempt to praise Jesus in everything I do or say. Praise can't help but lift our trying attitude and should motivate us to go on with a Christ-like life.

• 5 weeks later...

Praise is difficult when we are in trials because we put ou mind on our circumstance and not on God. We start to worry and fret and lose site of God. We don't put our complete trust in God. Our fleshly thinking takes over instead of our spiritual. Praise helps our faith to grow and be strong. Praise affects our attitude by filling us with the joy of the Lord. It affects our motivation by driving us closer to God.

• 2 months later...

Q1. (Psalm 57) Why is praise difficult in the midst of trying circumstances?

ANS - It is often impossible to get our eyes off of our circumstances, which seem to be an impossible wall to climb, or river to cross, like a prison enslaving us.

How does praise affect our faith? Our attitude? Our motivation?

ANS - It gets our eyes off of our circumstances and onto God - allowing God to bring the solution and bring the victory, as Daniel in the lions den.

We are focused on the problem.

Besides, troubles can make us doubt if He is real or if He cares.

Praise is positive.

It reminds us that He is great so He can help us to overcome.

Out attitude becomes more positive.

Out motivation becomes less self-centered.

• 3 weeks later...

From personal experience Praise is sooo hard to do when things are all going wrong around you. 3 summers ago, my brother had an accident with a mider saw and lost his wedding finger, half of his pinky and half of his middle finger. He played guitar and worshiped God with his songs. So this was really terrible and all of our family was devastated. Especially my brother cause the only thing he thought of when he was in the hospital was if he was gonna play any more.. the day after, he wasn't even thinking about the guitar cause his wife was 8 months pregnant and they had a baby girl. All he could think about was the baby. Well my family cried and cried and couldn't understand why that had happened to him. It took us a while to get it. There really wasn't anything to get. But the day my brother began playing guitar again shocked us all. He said that nothing was gonna stop him from praising his God. And he now leads worhsip at our church sometimes. God truly is worth all our praise and nothing can get in the way of that. Not even a finger....

Faith can be shaken sometimes depending on the circumstances and the person. Everything plays a part. We must be constantly in the word to really be strong in God throughout it all. Get someone to be accountable with and hace them check our attitudes and help us motivate and be our support. WE have to get on the wagon folks cause the end times are here... there is no more wasting time figering things out when the answers are right in front of us... THE BIBLE... seek God.

• 4 weeks later...

Being awake and aware of circumstances is critical. Do we need work, do we need something at work fixed so we can get our money/"daily bread"?

Here we have the test of faith. The more trying the circumstances the more we need faith. He said "Thanks praise server, obey." He did not say "whine and be afraid."

If we are busy praising, we have no room in our head for fear and whining. We can always find something to be thankful for, the challenge is to keep that at the top of our presence. Feeling good with what we have is the best way to allow more good to come to us. Praise makes us feel good since we owe it all to God, without Him there is nothing, no earth, no are, no life, etc.

Can we praise with the heart and be sad? It seems impossible. Can we talk ourselves into happiness by priase and thanks, it seems the answer is yes, as long a s we know for sure there is a God and he is LOVE.

Praise Him!

• 2 weeks later...

Praise is difficult when I am in the survival mode, when I am the center of my thoughts, because in those times, my focus is off of God's provision and on the things of this earth. I'm sure that it's Satan's way of distracting me, tempting me to deny that God's love is fully sufficient in all things. But when prayer is a habit, as familiar to me as breathing, then I am able to pray in the midst of trying circumstances, giving my fears over to God. With the fear gone, there floods a joy that can only be responded to with an abundance of praise.

During the last 5 years I lost my job 2 times. One time, I lost it and fell into deep depression. I was fearful and fully shut down. In that state, I was unable to pray with joy only with a desperation. Prayer provided comfort, but not joy.

The second time my job was gone, the circumstances of my soul had fully changed. Even though the second time came as a complete shock, my spirit was more in communication with God through more study of the scripture in the meantime. Praise is on my lips much more this time around. I'm sure it puzzles some people how that can be, but I am hopeful it serves as a witness to the powerful Lord.

In my life the last 3 days I had to go to Chicago to hospital where some said my mother was dying. I saw many 'factual' people worried at her bedside. Some how God was calming me with a feeling by 'telling me' she'd be ok. When my family relatives left, it was calm with her alone. I was asking our God how should I pray and it became obvious in a few seconds that I should be praising Him and thanking Him for many many htings, not just the healing that would take place.

Early the next morning my brother called my father to say the medication was taking affect and her vital signs were slightly improving. By the time we got to the hospital they were even better. Then they shot up into the bad again, but soon came down, and they went down further all day long. The next morning January 12th, yesterday, they were stable and quite a bit more healthy.

I share this true life experience, God is amazing; He can do anything, even teach those of less faith like me to have more faith. Praise our mighty God for this test and lesson of life.

• 2 months later...

All men struggle with reality it could be anything (persecution,loss of job sickness,death,confrontation,etc.)this is a time where everyone choose a way to endure and get or wait an outcome .

David knew that God was his source of salvation so he chose to pray. Yes he confessed God as his refuge,strength,and trust but this is not precisely a praise of resolution or victory (remember Jesus in Mount of Olives).Those are moments of inner struggle.

True is we must develop a sense of what is truly real .Just as David did.

• 4 weeks later...

It is difficult because we usually find ourselves to 'not be in the mood.' We get down and depressed feeling glum and it is hard to get out of that cycle. Also, it is because we are thinking about ourselves more than God.

Praise builds our faith because when we sing out to Him, or pray and use scripture names for Him like Mighty counselor, or our refuge, our Salvation, out hope, we begin to realize these things for ourself.

Our attitude gets lifted, we get our 'bounce' back because our joy is found in God, I have found that many times He is the one who gives me something to smile about, and a smile is contagious.

It motivates us by showing us that we need others to hear the praise, to agree with us. We are told to share the gospel with the nations, we can do this partly by just publicly praising Him like thanking Him verbally for the sunshine

• 2 months later...

Praise is difficult in the midst of trying circumstance because our heart and mind is on the problem that we are faces at that time. We know that God is there but we want a quick answer to our problem. Praise give me that resureance that God is with us when get in a praise the holy spirit give the add things that we need to go on until God bring us through this problem. Our attitude changes when we start to praise God and geet in his present.Our motivation also changes because he let us know that you can go through the circumstances with his present in your heart.

• 4 weeks later...

Because my attention is on myself and my difficulties.

It increases my faith because it changes my direction, I look to Him and how wonderful and faithful He is.

Praise leads me to correct or Godly attitude. It changes me.

• 3 weeks later...

Praise is difficult in the middle of trouble is because we are so focused on the problem that we can't focus on God. Praise activates our faith and moves the focus from us toward God. Our praise rides on an attitude of gratitude and motivates us to continue in righteousness and speak highly of our love your God.

• 3 months later...

A1. (Psalm 57) It can be hard to concentrate when we are under pressure.

Praise is fun and includes other people. That's good!!!

Praise cheers us up.

& can bring to focus the Lord. Every time we think of God is bringing Him more and more into our life's.