JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q6. In what way does each celebration of the Lord's Supper anticipate a future Passover meal? (Matthew 26:29; Luke 13:28-29; 14:15; 22:30; Revelation 19:9; 1 Corinthians 11:26) Exposition

I don't know about a future Passover meal, but I am reminded of the Marriage Supper of the Lamb.

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Each of these verses refer to a time when we will eat and drink with our Lord Jesus in Heaven. He is waiting for us there, in anticipation of His wedding - the wedding feast of the Lamb. There will be no tears there, for we will be whole, and in love with Him completely. However it will be a passover as there will only be those present who are covered in the Blood of the Lamb.

• 1 month later...

Luke 22:16 For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.

(17) And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said,

Take this and divide it among yourselves:

(18) For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.

(19) And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

(20) Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament of my blood, which is shed for you.

Jesus is telling us that there are things that have to come to pass BEFORE the Kingdom of God comes. We must study what the Two churches, (Smyrna and Philadelphia), are teaching, Who the Kenites are, The key of David, and The parable of the Fig Tree.

Satan and his fallen angels are going to be kicked out of Heaven, by Michael, onto this earth, to deceive the whole world. That old Dragon is going to make people believe that he is the Real Jesus. People who think they are going to be Raptured out of here are going to think that he has come to take them away in the sky. God has given him 5 MONTHS, to tell his lies and fool those who don't have the seal of God in their foreheads.

Revelation 17:17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

Revelation 9:5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.

Revelation 9:10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.

Satan's offspring, the Kenites who are here with us now, on earth, stirring up all kinds of trouble. They are the children of Cain. They have been on this earth since the beginning of their father Cain. Jesus tells us who they are, in

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him, When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Now, if you are one of God's Elect, then you don't have anything to worry about. God's Elect know what happened in the beginning of the book of Genesis, and they know what's going to happen at the end. in the book of Revelation. God's elect are not going to be decieved by Satan's lies, God's elect are gong to be delivered up to death, (Satan), to prophesy against him.

Jesus tells us what we should not do in, Mark 13:11, But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsover shall be given you in that hour, (5 months)), that speak ye for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost. (Spirit).

Remember what happened on Pentecost Day, in Acts Chapter 2, and what Joel said, in Joel Chapter2 ?

Paul tells us in 2 Thessalonians 2, what must happen before the return of Christ.

(1) Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

(2) That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

(3) Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition:

(Satan, must come first, on this earth, and those who don't have the seal of God in their foreheads, will be deceived by him.)

(4) Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

(5)Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

In 2Corinthians 11: 2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

(3) But I fear lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Paul is warning us about the False Christ comming first, to try and steal as many souls as he can, before the True Christ comes.

Satan, his fallen angels, and the kenites (cain's children) are going to be here on this earth DEFACTO for 5 months, paying your bills, sweet talking the women, giving you anything that you want, just as long as you worship Him. It's a shame that a lot of people are going to be taken in by these false prophets, and really believe that they are going to be RAPTURED away, and leave the bad people down here on earth. Wake Up!!! That is not going to happen. Paul tells us in,

1 Corithians 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall ALL be changed.

(52) In a moment, in the twinklilng of an eye, at the last trumph (the 7th trumphet) for the trumphet shall sound, and the dead (he's talking about dead souls, those who followed the anti-christ) shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

If you are still on this earth after the first day, then you know that , Satan has truly arrived, and if you follow him and his cronies, you have surely been decieved. I pray that you get into your Father's Word, and not man's word. The word RAPTURE is not in the Bible.

So if you want to be the Bride of Jesus Christ, don't follow Satan. Don't listen to the traditions of men. Jesus , warns us again, in

Matthew 25 (1) Then shall the kingdom of heaaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

(2) And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.

(3) They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: (they didn't listen to God's word, they listened to man)

(4)But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps; (they had God's word in their lamps).

(5)While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept,

(6) And at midnight there was a cry made, behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

(7) Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.

(8) And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of you oil; for our lamps are gone out.

(9) But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. (They had to go get some more of the traditions of men's words, in order to make it to the wedding).

(10) And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. (They had enough oil, (God's word) for the wedding).

(11) Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

(12) But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

God has given us all the oil that we need, in order to make it to the wedding. Let no man decieve you, and PLEASE don't be one of those virgins who followed the False christ.

Luke 22:16 For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.

SEE The shepherd's chapel

Have Ye Not Read

• 7 months later...

JESUS IS OUR HEAVENLY BRIDEGROOM WHO EXCITEDLY AWAITS THE RETURN OF HIS BRIDE.HE PROPOSED TO US ALL AND FOR THOSE OF US WHO HAVE ACCEPTED HIM THERE IS GOING TO BE A WONDERFUL TIME OF REJOICING AT THE MARRIAGE SUPPER OF THE LAMB. ALL OF HEAVEN WILL REJOICE AS WE BEHOLD THE FACE OF OUR ONE TRUE PASSOVER LAMB OF GOD WHO WAS SLAIN BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD WAS LAID. EACH CELEBRATION OF THE LORD'S SUPPER REMINDS ME THAT ONE DAY WE'LL SIT IN THE PRESENCE OF JESUS AND TOGETHER PARTAKE OF A FINAL PASSOVER MEAL OR MARRIAGE SUPPER WHERE WE CELEBRATE OUR LOVE AND THANKFULNESS TO HIM FOR ALL HE'S DONE FOR US...GOD BLESS....

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Q6. In what way does each celebration of the Lord's Supper anticipate a future Passover meal? (Matthew 26:29; Luke 13:28-29; 14:15; 22:30; Revelation 19:9; 1 Corinthians 11:26)

Eating of the bread and taking of the cup should remind us that some day, as Jesus promised, He would come again and those who have accepted Jesus will have a place at the wedding supper. We should walk the walk and talk the talk in obedience to Jesus' Word to prepare for that time.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

When we partake of the Lord's Supper it reminds us Of what Jesus Promised that He will come again to take His elect.

This is a tremendous hope and encouragement for all the believers in the world . When we are with God , with our sins forgiven and our future secured.

• 5 months later...

Q5. In what way does each celebration of the Lord's Supper anticipate a future Passover meal?

As we celebrate the Lord's Supper we remember His words:

But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.
Matthew 26:29 (KJV)

We look forward with anticipation of sharing the fruit of the vine with Our Savior and Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God and we remember His death until he comes.

For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
1 Corinthians 11:26 (KJV)

• 7 months later...

Q5. In what way does each celebration of the Lord's Supper anticipate a future Passover meal? (Matthew 26:29; Luke 13:28-29; 14:15; 22:30; Revelation 19:9; 1 Corinthians 11:26)

It antipates the Wedding Feast of the Lamb mentioned in Revelation 19:9. Jesus said that He would not drink of this fruit of the vine during the last supper with His disciples until He was with them in His Father's Kingdom. That is the great banquet or Feast of the Lamb when all the saints are gathered together to celebrate our victory in overcoming this world and our presence with Jesus Christ -- the Lamb of God for eternity.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Q5. In what way does each celebration of the Lord's Supper anticipate a future Passover meal? (Matthew 26:29; Luke 13:28-29; 14:15; 22:30; Revelation 19:9; 1 Corinthians 11:26)

We are to preserve the Lord

• 10 months later...

Jesus has promised us that He will partake of this with us in heaven along with the old Patriachs. This will be excititng, to see Jacob, Abraham, Sarah,David, all who held to God's promises. This is "REAL" and one day we will see it and partake.

Wow! What a wonderful thing to look forward to. In my imagination, thinking about when I arrive in heaven, I think about bowing at His feet, casting what crowns I have at His feet, singing praises to His Wonderful Name, but I had forgotten this wonderful scripture. Wow! To partake of the Lord's Supper with Jesus. I am overwhelmed! Praise You Jesus!

I have never looked at that scripture or communion quite this way. I've always "remembered" what Jesus has done for me...which is more than enough and plenty to celebrate. However, now I see that there is even more to celebrate at each communion. I should "do this in rememberance" but also do this in "anticipation" and expectation of my future with Him as his bride. What a thing to celebrate!!

Q5 Each time we partake in the Lord's Supper, we are proclaiming the Lord's passion,

death and resurrection. It is a celebration both of redemption through Christ's

atonement and His second coming. The Lord's Supper is the foretaste of what we are

to receive later in the great banquet prepared for us in the new Jerusalem.

Jesus said at the Last supper, that He would not drink the fruit of the vine again until He drinks it with us in His Father's kingdom....we have the marriage supper of the Lamb to look forward to in Heaven...what an awesome celebration that will be with the overcoming Saints! Each time we celebrate the Lord's Supper, we not only remember all that He has done for us, but is one step closer to that time with Him in eternity! It's the countdown of when we meet our Bridegroom face to face! "Even so Lord, COME QUICKLY" Gives me goosebumps to even think about!!!

• 3 months later...

Jesus told us to celebrate communion in remembrance of Him, until He comes again and until we can come to the banquet table in the Kingdom. We take communion not only to sorrow for the pain and suffering our Jesus endured FOR us, but to proclaim His death and our belief in His atoning blood. We also come with joy and anticipation of His promise. He is coming again and He has a table set for us and we will be at the wedding feast! AND....WE are the bride! How awesome to be given such favor and know He chose us and we will be with Him face to face....all our longings here fulfilled to finally be with our Beloved! I can't think of anything more joyous!

• 7 months later...

Q5. In what way does each celebration of the Lord's Supper anticipate a future Passover meal? (Matthew 26:29; Luke 13:28-29; 14:15; 22:30; Revelation 19:9; 1 Corinthians 11:26) Jesus was the one who the made the connection between the Lord's Supper and the wedding Supper of the Lamb. At the Lord's Supper He shared with his disciples that He would not share with them that celebration in person until was with all the prophets in the Kingdom of God. I look forward to that celebration!

• 1 month later...

Each celebration should bring us closer to eternity.

According to these scriptures: Matthew 26: 29; Luke 13: 28-29; 14:15; 22:30; Revelation 19:9; 1 Corinthians 11:26 and some others we are reminded that each celebration of the Lord's Supper anticipate a future Passover meal. Jesus himself reminded his disciples at the Last Supper that he will not eat and drink this meal with them till they meet in heaven to celebrate it.