JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 1 month later...

Q3. (Psalm 34:1-3) Why should we praise God continually? What are barriers to continual praise? What does continual praise do to our spirit? How are you training yourself to praise continually?

We should praise the Lord continually because we are His, He is holy, faithful, merciful, trustworthy to us, as the sheep of His pasture. He made us and protects us, instructs us, and sends us salvation. And so on....infinite reasons exist.

The barriers that prevent us from continual praise are reliance on the self and immersion in the things of the world.

Continual praise uplifts our spirits and make us more mindful of Him, as He is mindful of us. Our spirits are tempered and made more holy, and we draw closer to Him.

I am training myself to praise continually by doing so. I am thankful for everything. I read and study the Word every day, and try to remember it in all that I do, when I interact with anyone in my life. When I fall short, I thank Him for jostling my elbow and reminding me to get back on the path. Thank You, Lord, for helping me walk in Your Light.

• 9 months later...

We should continually praise our God Almighty continually because He alone is worthy of our worship and our praise; He has delivered us from our enemies (even death, our last and greatest enemy) and from hell unto Himself; He has given us new lives in Him as our Lord and Savior; and because He told us to do so in several places in His Word. There are seemingly several barriers, such as time, busyness, seeking pleasure(s) instead of spending time loving and praising God; but they are all superficially produced to take our time up with things of the world and not of the Lord where we should be training ourselves to obey Him and to praise Him continually for who God is and for all that He has done for us! Amen!

• 2 months later...
Q3. (Psalm 34:1-3) Why should we praise God continually? What are barriers to continual praise? What does continual praise do to our spirit? How are you training yourself to praise continually?

We should praise God continually because of who He is and He is so worthy of my praises. It is something God wants us to do. When we continue to praise God, barriers are brought down, they are broken. Our continual praise will lift our spirit, help to keep us encouraged and our hearts on God. I am training myself by thanking God for who He is, what He had done in my life, and what He is going to do. I give praise and thanksgiving to Him, when I talk to people, I lift the name of Jesus up. I give Him the praise and glory.

• 4 weeks later...

Q3. (Psalm 34:1-3) Why should we praise God continually? What are barriers to continual praise? What does continual praise do to our spirit? How are you training yourself to praise continually? We should praise God continually because it brings joy to Him and Jesus. He is the joy of our life. He gave us joy that is He gave us Jesus which gave us another chance to have peace,joy, and love in our life. The barries of continual praise is that we do it in Jesus name. We must never forget that all praise go to our father but through Jesus. It's like Jesus get it first and if it is exceptable He release it to the father. No garbage go to the father in other words, nothing unclean are not from the heart will be exceptable. Continual praise give my spirit joy, unexplan, peace that is so loving, and the feeling of God present is awsome. It becomes overwhelming and delightful to feel the spirit of the Lord present with me. Love that feeling is almost like I don't ever want to leave that point. So I will continue to praise Him in all that I do and say in Jesus name.

• 2 months later...

We have to praise God because He made the world and came in the flesh to die for us.

Our barrier is that we are centered on desillusions of the world.

Continual praise makes us more positive.

Guilty as charged, I often don't praise, but I must embed it in my prayers.

• 1 month later...

Q3. (Psalm 34:1-3) Why should we praise God continually?

ANS - For all He has done for us; for being our savior, for delivering us as He did David; for all His benefits; and that is love endures forever. Praise the Lord. The list goes on why we should continually praise Him.

What are barriers to continual praise?

ANS - Discouragement, worry, fretting, bitterness, anger, getting our eyes off of Jesus and instead upon life's circumstances, which weigh us down.

What does continual praise do to our spirit?

ANS - It puts our eyes on Jesus, and lifts us up away from the discouragement, etc which would enslave us.

How are you training yourself to praise continually?

ANS - Disciplining myself in all circumstances to praise Him. To have a quiet time with Him daily, to be in His Word, and in prayer, by myself with the door closed, and fellowship with Him.

• 1 month later...

Praise continually because it is in praise that: we demonstrate that we are indeed grateful for all He is doing for us, we recognize His sovereignty, and we acknowledge the abundant love He lavishes on us.

Barriers to living and breathing praise continually include the 'busy'ness of life, a sense of self-importance and self-reliance, and a perception of weakness among peers.

I am responding better to the call of God in my life since He has seen fit to slow down my life through a lay off from teaching these last 7 months. Because of the humbling of this period of my life, I am less busy, and recognize that my sense of self-importance and self-reliance has been turned upside down. I now take the time to bring my relationship with Christ into clearer focus through study of the Word, prayer, seeking Him in all aspects of my life and in quiet reflection. This study has been a great part of developing a habit of daily praise.

1 [a] I will extol the LORD at all times;his praise will always be on my lips.2 My soul will boast in the LORD;let the afflicted hear and rejoice. 3 Glorify the LORD with me; let us exalt his name together.

If we sincerely praise God for our salvation all the time, we will always be full of joy, which will show to others. It is a mental habit; so many tests/things pass in our minds while we are living each moment of the day. Our hope to capture EVERY though is a good one; it is very difficult to do this, impossible without God. This Psalm is a great reminder of what to do "Extol the Lord at ALL times"

• 3 months later...

Purely because He is God. Then think about what He has done for you, and then others, and praise Him for what He will do.

Ourselves is the main barrier to continual praise. We don't find time or we aren't in the mood. Our friends and those we spend time can be too, if they are not doing things or saying things that are acceptable to God and bringing us along for the ride.

Continual praise lifts our spirit, it pulls it out of the everyday mundane kind of feeling and shows us the hope that we have in Christ Jesus. It allows us to see what He is doing in our lives too.

I try to remember to praise Him when I pray but I need to remember to pray first :blink: ! When I sing I like to praise Him, i find that easier than praying but I need to balance it out more.

• 2 months later...

We should praise contually because this is one way that we recieve our blessing from God.It keep us with joy in our hearts and we know that God hear our praises. We can train ourselves by written a note to praise God every hour then it will become part of us.

• 4 weeks later...

Ps 150:6 says let everything that has breath praise the Lord, It's a command, not a do it if you want to. Sin and disobedience hinder our ability to praise Him, we have to repent first that our ability to praise Him with our whole heart can be continual. I pray the word. Ps 19:14 May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight.

• 2 weeks later...

We should praise God continually so that it becomes second nature to us plus God is worthy to be praised. The barrier to continual praise is not being focused. Continual praise draws us closer to god. Not limiting my praise to Sunday worship is is part of my training.

• 3 months later...

Q3. (Psalm 34:1-3)

Why should we praise God continually?

Our gift of salvation is of such tremendous value; yet given as a free gift, and at tremendous suffering to our Lord. Even if we praise God continually, we will never ever be able to thank God adequately

• 2 weeks later...

We should praise God continually because He has delivered us from our sins and He cares for us in every way. Barriers to continual praise include worry, self-reliance, and sin. Continual praise causes my spirit to continue to put my hope in God for He will be faithful. I am learning how to praise continually by thanking God for the good things He has done and praying with faith that He will continue to do a good work in me.

• 6 months later...

Q3. (Psalm 34:1-3) Why should we praise God continually?

HE IS WORTHY OF OUR CONTINUAL PRAISE. WE WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO ADEQUATELY THANK HIM FOR CREATING US, THEN WHEN WE FELL IN ADAM'S FALL, FOR REDEEMING US BY DYING FOR US HIMSELF. THE WESTMINSTER CATECHISM SAYS, I BELIEVE, THAT WE WERE CREATED TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP GOD AND TO ENJOY HIM FOREVERMORE.

What are barriers to continual praise?

IGNORANCE, APATHY, ANGER AT GOD, OPPRESSION FROM SATAN, BUSYNESS, DISTRACTIONS, IDOLATRY, SELF CENTEREDNESS, UNFORGIVENESS, BITTERNESS TOWARD GOD OR OTHERS.

What does continual praise do to our spirit?

IT LIFTS OUR SPIRIT! WE ENTER INTO HIS PRESENCE AND REAP THE BENEFITS OF BEING IN COMMUNION WITH OUR FATHER AND CREATOR. IT GETS OUR MINDS OFF OF "ME" AND ONTO HIM.

How are you training yourself to praise continually?

THIS IS SOMETHING I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON. I'VE ONLY IN RECENT YEARS LEARNED THE IMPORTANCE OF PRAISE AND WORSHIP. THEN WITH THAT AWARENESS, I REALIZED I WAS "BOUND" IN WORSHIP...A STRONGHOLD FORMED FROM POOR TEACHING, INEXPERIENCE, JUDGMENT TOWARD OTHERS I'D OBSERVED AS TRYING TO DRAW ATTENTION TO THEMSELVES. (LIKE DAVID'S WIFE, MICHAL)I'D NEVER REALLY SEEN, HEARD OR EXPERIENCED TRUE WORSHIP AND PRAISE! MY PREVIOUS CHURCH EXPERIENCE WAS THAT 2 OR 3 "SONGS" OR HYMNS WOULD BE SUNG HALF HEARTEDLY BEFORE "THE REAL REASON FOR BEING THERE...THE SERMON". SO MY QUEST HAS BEEN TO EDUCATE MYSELF ABOUT WHAT WORSHIP AND PRAISE ARE, TO PRACTICE WHAT I'M LEARNING, TO FORGET WHAT OTHERS MIGHT THINK AND JUST CLOSE MY EYES AND FORGET OTHERS AND FOLLOW THE LEADING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT AND MY HEART, IN EXPRESSING MY LOVE TO HIM. I'M PLAYING WORSHIP MUSIC AT HOME AND PRAISE ALONG WITH IT. INSTEAD OF JUST THINKING HOW THANKFUL I AM, I'M ENDEAVORING TO TELL HIM SO WHEN IT COMES TO MIND. I HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO, BUT I'M ON MY WAY.

• 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...

It is in a believers best interest to praise God continually because the bible commands that we should do so (v1, 1 Thessalonians 5:17). Believers can have an attitude of praise and thankfulness to God- in all circumstances. The opposite to people who seem to be often, down and complaining. The barriers to continual praise: sin, doubt, unbelief, to name a few, (Hebrews 3:12, Hebrews 13:5). The attitude of continual praise is pleasing to God, the sacrifice of praise is what he requires of us. Continual praise brings glory to God, he created us for this (Psalm 34:3, Isiah 43:7).

• 1 month later...

Psalm 34:1-3) Why should we praise God continually? What are barriers to continual praise? What does continual praise do to our spirit? How are you training yourself to praise continually?

We should praise God at all times, this keeps our mind stayed on Him. When we let the cares of this world keep us from praising God we lose our focus. When we praise Him it lifts our spirit. I try to thank Him even for the simple things, just looking around there is so much to thank Him for.

• 1 year later...
On August 18, 2007 at 3:17 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Praising  God for every thing is a good way to get over our sleeves and to keep,our thoughts on Him.  Barriers are that my natural tendency is to be grumpy and to Ian and groan.  Praising God will be a way for me to think on the positive side of things.  I will Troy to capture my thoughts from the negative and turn them to the positive and read those verses that praise God.

• 10 months later...

We should praise God continually because in heaven we will be praising Him nonstop or continually. I believe one of the barriers to continual praise is a negative mindset. Where someone is not willing to see the positive in a situation. Another barrier could be sin either by omission or commission. Either kind could block praise. Praise lifts up our spirit and gives us a new view on what is going on in our lives. I listen to music on Spotify at home that is Christian and sing along to it most of the time.

I be3lieve that we should praise God continually because it magnifies and gives Him glory. We should praise Him because it brings us closer to Him when we do. It also shows others that we trust in Him when they hear us talk about Him and they will want to know more. It is what He requires of us to give Him the glory that is His due because He created us and He saved us.

Often it is hard to praise Him when we are having a hard time or difficulties abound. When we feel like He is far away and not answering our prayers. Often we cannot praise Him when we are disobedient and sinning. Or when we are sad or depressed we cannot seem to sing or praise God. 

Continual praise lifts our spirits when we are down and brings His presence near. It brings us joy and peace and causes us to rejoice and live for Him and tell others. It changes our disposition and causes us to believe more in God. It brings us closer to Him and causes us to want to know Him more.

As of now, I am not doing very well with praise in my worship time. It is something that I have to work on yet.

• 11 months later...

I should magnify the Lord at all times for my sake. The Lord is mighty, but when we ponder on things around us, the Lord becomes small in our eyes. We doubt whether He is sufficient to meet our needs, whether He is able to help us in our troubles, whether He is powerful enough to deliver us from our afflictions. But when we magnify the Lord, the Lord becomes big in our eyes and the surrounding troubling things become small. We start seeing things in our perspective. Moreover praise renews our mind and it keeps us humble before the Lord. Moreover He has created us for His pleasure (Revelation 4:11) and He is worthy of our highest praise. Bible exhorts the redeemed to rejoice in Him always. We are the redeemed of the Lord, whom He purchased with His precious blood unto Himself.

Pride, busyness, distractions, bitterness, lack of forgiveness, carnality, satanic oppression, self-centeredness, ignorance etc. are some of the barriers to continual praise.

At the presence of the Lord is fullness of joy and at His right hand are pleasures evermore. So when we praise Him, it renews our spirit. We experience the peace of God, even in troubled and difficult situations. Fruit of the spirit in our lives become evident. Bible says that we become like the one we worship. So when we praise and worship the Lord, slowly but surely, we are being transformed into the image of our Savior Jesus Christ.

I like to spend time in the word of the Lord, which renews my mind. I try to keep my focus on Him, which results in praise erupting from within. I pray and seek His help to keep me from wandering away from His presence.