JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. (Psalm 34:18-22) What encouragement does David give to the brokenhearted? What does it mean that God "redeems" you? How can we avoid condemnation according to Psalm 34:22? If you heart is broken know that God is with you. Don't let your situation over take your focus of who God is and what God can do. We all may have had a broken heart many times but we made it through it just knowing and putting our faith is the true God. God will redeem us by releasing us, taking control over the situation, He will cover us and recover the fear that is trying to control the situation. If we trust He and stand still knowing that our Father have it all under control we will be able to rest in the mist of the situation and not worry about what is next. To avoid condemnation we must serve the Lord and trust in Him in ALL things. We need to worship and praise Him always. Keep of eyes on our God.

• 2 months later...

Q4. (Psalm 34:18-22) What encouragement does David give to the brokenhearted? What does it mean that God "redeems" you? How can we avoid condemnation according to Psalm 34:22?

Nobody is that bad that God can't forgive him.

He redeems everybody who accepts it.

By trusting Him.

• 1 month later...

Q4. (Psalm 34:18-22) What encouragement does David give to the brokenhearted?

ANS - He assures us that he is close to us, and that he saves us, that he delivers us from all circumstances of life; he redeems us, and we can take refuge in Him. Praise the Lord.

What does it mean that God "redeems" you? He

ANS - He has already paid the full price of our release from our sin, and our circumstances, so that we do not have to stand condemned. He paid the full price of our sin, through the sacrifice of His son Jesus.

How can we avoid condemnation according to Psalm 34:22?

ANS - We must completely trust Him, and give our life to Him, in other words "take refuge in Him."

• 1 month later...

David, the psalmist really knows how he has disappointed God time and time again, yet he testifies that God has not abandoned him. Rather that when David calls out to God, God has indeed answered him with an assurance that cannot be hidden from those who see David. His face is radiant not covered with shame. The righteous fear the Lord and because of this, they have no fear of others.

I am redeemed because as a servant of His, He has seen my sinful state of bondage, and paid the price for me to be set free. What a gracious master, He is. Can you imagine a slave owner paying the price of freedom for his slave with the life of the slave owner's son? But if a slave owner did this for his slave, would not the proper response of the slave to be completely dedicated to serving his master freely? It is impossible to consider. Yet this is what God has done for me.

To avoid condemnation, I must fully rely on God (F.R.O.G.), there is no other way.

Q4. (Psalm 34:18-22) What encouragement does David give to the brokenhearted? What does it mean that God "redeems" you? How can we avoid condemnation according to Psalm 34:22?

18 The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.19 A righteous man may have many troubles,but the LORD delivers him from them all; 20 he protects all his bones,not one of them will be broken.21 Evil will slay the wicked;the foes of the righteous will be condemned.22 The LORD redeems his servants; no one will be condemned who takes refuge in him.

This is the kind of encouragement we all need, more often than we realize. This is a powerful promise. When He redeems us, He make us new in his spirit and His truth. There is nothing more powerful. We are uplifted from brokenness, we are saved from the trials, in God's time and in His way. We are redeemed, made new from our faith in Him. We put all our trust and hope in Him. he loves us more than we can love Him; we are insecure, and He is perfect in His love, and strong for all that we can experience because He overcame Death He, overcame the world; He said give me your burdens, I will carry you through them. Have faith in me. This should be the song of our life, the sweet noice we give him to show our gratitude for such a marvelous gift we don't deserve.

how amazing! Praise God!

• 3 months later...

God is near to the broken hearted, He is close by and is listening to us. He redeems us and delivers us.

He has saved us, paid the ultimate price for our sin through His only Son so that we might have a relationship with Him.

Trust in God. He is your sufficiency, and when you give your life to Him trust Him! So that you know that you are saved!

• 2 months later...

Encouragement for the broken hearted is that God is closer to you in time of trouble.Call out to him,seek him.He is close by.We were redeem on the cross.God give his best. We can avoid condemation by keep in our mind that we have refuge in God.

• 5 weeks later...

The encouragement is that when you are brokenhearted the Lord is close to you.

He paid my sin debt, so I might have eternal life.

You can avoid condemnation by believing what the Father says about you, not what your carnal mind says.

The Bible has all the directions we need to have a wonderful life, we just need to read it and apply it to this life we have been given by our Father.

• 2 weeks later...

David gives encouragement to the brokenhearted to never give up; to push . He reminds us that many are the affliction of the righteous but God delivers. God was willing to do whatever it took to buy our freedom so He paid the ultimate price through the sacrifice of his son Jesus Christ. We can avoid condemnation by accepting Christ. No one will be condemned who accepts him.

• 3 months later...

Q4. (Psalm 34:18-22)

What encouragement does David give to the broken-hearted?

Our Heavenly Father promises to be close to us in times of need. He also promises to protect us and to be our source of power in times of distress.

What does it mean that God "redeems" you?

Jesus paid the price for my sin on the Cross. I have been freed from the bondage of sin and am reminded of what Paul wrote in Romans 6:11b,

• 2 weeks later...

David encourages the brokenhearted that God will rescue their "crushed" spirits, deliver them from trouble, and protect them from physical harm. Through redemption, God has paid for my release from sin so that I am released from the condemnation that accompanies it. When I take refuge in God my Savior, I avoid condemnation and experience abundant life.

• 6 months later...

Q4. (Psalm 34:18-22) What encouragement does David give to the brokenhearted?

THE LORD IS CLOSE TO THE BROKENHEARTED AND SAVES US. (HE IS IN IT WITH US!)

What does it mean that God "redeems" you?

WE WERE HIS AT CREATION. ADAM CHOSE TO REBEL AGAINST GOD AND THEIR FELLOWSHIP WAS BROKEN. JESUS CAME AND IN HIMSELF PROVIDED THE ONLY ADEQUATE PAYMENT TO BUY US BACK FROM SATAN'S KINGDOM. OR: WE WERE HIS, WE WERE LOST, HE BOUGHT BACK WHAT WAS HIS IN THE FIRST PLACE, PERMANENTLY IF WE CHOOSE HIM.

How can we avoid condemnation according to Psalm 34:22?

FIRST, I MUST BE HIS, THROUGH ACCEPTING HIS FREE GIFT OF SALVATION BY GRACE. THAT IS DONE BY TAKING REFUGE IN HIM AND TRUSTING BY FAITH THAT THE WORK IS COMPLETE WHEN I SAY YES TO HIM. (THANK YOU JESUS, FOR SAYING "YES", SO THAT I COULD SAY "YES" TO YOU!)

• 3 years later...

The encouragement that David gives to the brokenhearted is that not go give up because God is always with you. Since he gave his only begotten son for the forgiveness of our sins then we know that He will always be with us. God has “redeems” us because He gave His only son for the forgiveness of our sins.

In order the avoid condemnation all we have to do is take refuge in Him.

• 11 months later...

David used adjectives in the Psalm to encourage the brokenhearted: He is close to, he saves, he delivers (v 17-19). The notes state that we are worth an infinite amount to God, he loves us so much that he is willing to pay the price- fulfilled on the cross "...he redeemed us at a high cost. The word redeemed used here, means paying the financial cost, to transfer the ownership from one to another, in order to secure freedom. By taking refuge in God the believer will not be condemned.

• 1 month later...

Psalm 34:18-22) What encouragement does David give to the brokenhearted? What does it mean that God "redeems" you? How can we avoid condemnation according to Psalm 34:22?

The Lord is close ro the broken-hearted. He saves those who are crushed in spirit. There was a price to pay for our redemption and Jesus paid this price at the cross. We avoid condemnation by taking refuge in Him.

• 1 year later...
On August 18, 2007 at 3:18 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

God is with us always through all of our triumphs and tragedies.  All it takes from us is to cry out to God and he hears us.  God will comfort us, he will rescue us from whatever is happening.

• 9 months later...

David says that if we are humbled for sin and emptied of self God will draw near to us. They must also have no confidence in self and not rely on self but be totally reliant on the Lord. Secondly, when they have God near unto them their spirit does not need broken much more than necessary from sin. As Isaiah 57:15 states the Lord is higher than we are and lives in the highest heavens and is in the Holy Place and helps those who are humble and depend only on Him. God will keep us and cause us to rejoice fully in Him. We are under full protection of His government. We shall be redeemed in the end whatever befalls us God will make sure that we are given justice in the end. We won’t go without comfort. It means that He saves us. We must call on the name of the Lord and ask Him to help us.

That God is close to them and will save them. That if we reach out to Him He will be there for us. Redeem means to buy back; transfer ownership from one to another by paying a price. God redeemed us from death, hell and the grave through Jesus dying on the cross. It was Jesus who paid the final price by His crucifixion on the cross for our sins.

We can avoid condemnation by remembering that our sins have been forgiven us and we are free in Him. We can take refuge in God and know that they are gone and remembered no more. 

• 11 months later...

When our heart is broken, we can be assured that the Lord is nearest to us. When our heart is heavy, sometimes we do not realize the closeness of the presence of the Lord. So we may have to exercise faith, knowing that the word which is infallible says that He is near to the brokenhearted. So David is encouraging those, whose heart is crushed to know that the Lord is near them and believe it, seek Him and receive the comfort from Him that will bring peace into their hearts.

Redeem means to buy back by paying the full price, what was rightfully belonging to them earlier. As the Creator, who created us, we are rightfully His. But the devil usurped it and Jesus redeemed us back to Him by paying the full price by His blood. The Son of God died for men to make us sons of God. God treated Jesus the way we are rightfully to be treated, so that He can treat us the way Jesus is rightfully to be treated. Great is His love for us and we see that there is more real estate of the Bible dedicated to His redemption than His creation.  Whereas creation is described in very few verses, the entire Bible is dedicated to our redemption. 

Romans 8:1 says “There is therefore no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus”. When we are hidden in Him, God sees us not in our sinful state, but through the blood of Jesus and sees us as white as snow and as pure as wool. According to Psalm 34:22, when we take refuge in Him, we are hidden in Him. Even the accuser of the brethren does not stand a chance to accuse us and win, for Jesus has won the victory.