JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q5. Desire and Spiritual Life

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q5. (Matthew 5:27-30) The spirit of our age is very accepting and approving of lus+ According to Jesus' words, how seriously are we to take lus+? How does agape love help us combat lus+?

Regreatting **** and adultery, Jesus said: "And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than your whole body to go into hell." Matt. 5:30 Jesus said we must take **** very seriously. When we begin to see others in a caring and Godly way we won't **** for them.

According to Jesus' words, we are to take lus+ very seriously. Lus+ is looking at another person as a sexual object rather as someone who has potential.

Agape love helps us combat lus+ by helping us to see someone of the opposite sex as a person, not just a sex object.

Q5. (Matthew 5:27-30) The spirit of our age is very accepting and approving of lus+ According to Jesus' words, how seriously are we to take lus+? How does agape love help us combat lus+?

we need to become watchmen, taking a post and be clear of who the enemy is. we must pray that the holy spirit would speak and fill us that we may stay awake in this vulnerable world. if we think we can love in our own means, we err, for our love requires something in return. gods love is poured out without this requirement.

We are to take **** very seriously because God regards it as a very serious sin just like the actual act of adultery itself. Jesus said if you look at a woman/man lustfully you commit adultery with her/him in your your heart. So it is a HEART issue and it is serious.

Agape love is love that takes people for who they are and not what they are. A woman who is a Christian becomes a sister because of the relationship we have in the Lord. It is not conditional and therefore does not look at the beauty of the body.

We have to take very seroiusly the question of lus+ . It is all around us in todays society - in billboards - in magazines - in televisoon - in internet visits - it is so subtle and suggestive that we can just be drawn immediately if we are not on guard - refer Jon 31.1 - we need to make a covenany with our own EYES !!!

Agape love help us to combay lus+ by remembering the two comandments -a) LOVE the LORD your GOD B) LOVE your neigbour as yourself

God who is of purer eyes - to behold evil - will definately help us if we are true in heart and sincere to ward off lus+

• 3 weeks later...

Q5. (Matthew 5:27-30) The spirit of our age is very accepting and approving of l*st. According to Jesus' words, how seriously are we to take l*st?

We are to take it very seriously if we want to be in the Will of God.

How does agape love help us combat l*st?

Agape love is the kind of love that Jesus feels for us

We are to take **** very seriously. It is a sin in God's eyes. Agape love is the very deep love of Christ that we can have to look at people with a different aspect, it is the love that we will have to be close to the Lord and not want to have **** or even think of **** in our lives.

• 3 weeks later...

Jesus' words meant to convey to us that we are to take sexual lus+ with utmost seriousness. He intended us to understand that lus+ can lead us down the road to hell itself. Therefore, he is saying, unless you and I want to stand as guilty before God as one who commits physical adultery, we must repent rather than excuse ourselves. We must train our eyes to see as God sees with the love with which God loves, then it would be hard to look with lus+. The reason brothers & sisters don't usually lus+ for each other -- beyond a strong cultural incest taboo -- is because they care for each other as people. Their relationship goes beyond the physical exterior to the real person who has longings and disappointments, a person with potential and hope and pain. That is what "agape" (God's love) is all about.

**** is serious because it is the stepping stone to adultery, which is sex outside of marriage and God forbids this.

Agape love helps us to have the love and mindset of Christ for members of the same sex instead of ****.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's pretty clear that Jesus takes it very seriously! If your right eye offends (keeps looking at things it shouldn't) cut it out? It doesn't get much clearer!

Agape love is that love that reminds us who we represent. If I truly love Jesus (and I do) then I will think about my actions before I act. Now, obviously, This doesn't always happen. Because I am still a sinner, I make mistakes. But because I am saved by Grace, I have a working knowledge of right and wrong, and can make good choices based on my knowledge of God's will for me. This is one reason why it is so important to have a good study goin' on and regular reading plan. I can't emphasize how important it is to study and read! Of course, that's why we are all here, isn't it? This is a good study, and we want to know the truth. Gloray to God Almighty!!

According to Jesus' words, we are to take seriously lus+. He commanded that we love each other as we love ourselves. When we love them with agape love we honor them and we honor Christ.

• 6 months later...

We are to take **** very seriously. Serious enough that we can condemn our souls to hell. When we have agape love, we have God's love toward one another. An unselfish love that is willing to help, love, and hurt with a fellow being. The way our Lord did. God's unending love. God IS love. With His love in us, we can overcome.

• 3 weeks later...

Jesus says if we sin with our eye or hand we are to get rid of that part so that the whole body does not go to hell. Agape love is an unconditional love, much the same as Gods love for us. Agape love does not see someone in a sexual way. But as a person made by the God who made us all.

• 5 months later...

We are supposed to take it very seriously, so seriously, in fact that three of the commandments prohibit it in one way or another. We are forbidden to committ adultery, we are forbidden to covet (lus+ after) our neighbor's wife, and most importantly we are commanded to love our neighbor as ourself, of which lus+ is not a manifestation.

If we love someone the way we love our mother or our sister, or like the way God loves us, it is nearly impossible to objectify them in the way that looking with lustful desire does. If we look on others the way Jesus wants us to, we will care too much about their hopes, dreams, aspirations, about their soul and their relationship with God to demean them and ourselves in that way. If we do as the song says and turn our eyes upon Jesus to follow His example the best we can, we will go a long way toward being able to love like Him instead of like our fleshly nature.

• 5 weeks later...

We are to take it very seriously. This is a heart thing. If we learn to love others using agape love it will be pure love. Also, Agape love helps us to love the person and not the sin, if we dealing with another who is having problems with this. That is part of Agape love noted in I Corinthians 13.

• 1 month later...

Q5. (Matthew 5:27-30) The spirit of our age is very accepting and approving of lus+ According to Jesus' words, how seriously are we to take lus+?lu How does agape love help us combat s+?

1. The spirit of our age is very accepting and approving of lus+ According to Jesus' words, how seriously are we to take lus+? We are to take it very seriously. If we don't take Lus+ seriously it can really cost us our life. It can lead to worse sins, it's just not worth it. Lus+ hinders the soul from receiving the fullness of all that God wants for us. Don't take your eyes off of God, sing hymns, pray for others, and for yourself, and keep your eye single on God.

2. How does agape love help us combat s+? Agape love is the greatest love that we can have for one another, when we allow agape love to prevail in all we do and think, there you will find peace, joy, the full abundance of God's life.

God's peace and love, Lory

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

**** is a serious sin.We are to take it seriously...it is practically the same as adultry. It is a mortal sin. Only by God's love and with the help of the Holy Spirit can we resist this sin. We are all guilty at some level...if we haven't done it, we have probably wanted to at some point in our life. We must be truly repentant and acept God's forgiveness.

• 2 weeks later...

Q5. (Matthew 5:27-30) The spirit of our age is very accepting and approving of ****. According to Jesus' words, how seriously are we to take ****? How does agape love help us combat ****?

We are to take **** as seriously as any other sin. We are to try and combat it whenever we can. Agape love helps us combat **** by showing us what love really is, and what we truly should be "wanting."

• 1 month later...

When we ****, it is not for the interest of the person we view, it is for that person's physical shape or clothing. It is superficial and has nothing to do with how that person is on the inside.

This leads to us being more and more superficial with people, and members of the opposite sex.

Seeking God and letting Him handle it is the fastest solution, and removing triggers like TV, etc.

I need God, I don't need things that move me away from Him; we ahve a choice and need to understand what **** doesw to us re God and being close to Him. The love shown by Jesus is for the real person, not the outside shell that we see, he knew what was on their hearts, on the inside. He was amazing with what he did with this knowledge. There was no one like Him, our greatest love.

• 3 weeks later...

**** is destructive, it eats away at us and Jesus said that we should view it very seriously (as seriously as adultery. Agape love is the opposite of ****. It sees everyone as a child of God and with agaape love we see everyone as we would a brother or sister. When a person is looked at in this way, there can be no room for ****.

The spirit of our age is not only accepting and approving of ****; this spirit of **** itself is unleashed upon this world. It's even been said of America that "money and sex are our gods." Now, back to the question: According to Jesus' words, how seriously are we to take ****? First, we must understand that all actions spring from thoughts and thoughts from the heart. **** begins in our hearts and thoughts; therefore, we must eradicate these thoughts before they give way to actions. **** is just as bad as the action itself. For example, I raise daylilies. Not long ago, I dug up a clump to separate, and several leaves were unintentionally separated from the roots. I wasn't concerned because I knew that when I potted the roots, the leaves would spring up soon. It's the same with **** or any other negative thinking. To kill the desire, we must be aware that it is evil, ask for God's forgiveness, begin to be watchful for more evil to creep into our thoughts, banish those thoughts in the name of Jesus, ask the Holy Spirit to help us keep a pure thought life, and walk by faith and complete immersion in God's Word and will. Keeping **** away is one of the hardest things to do. This can only be done with the help of the Holy Spirit and a pure heart.

• 3 weeks later...

L*st is only the beginning of sexual sin that will only bring heartache. It does not look fr anothers best interest first but seeks ones own pleasure with out considering another. In God's economy of relationships we are to consider the needs of others befor our own. This is opposed to the motivation of l*st. As we consider the needs of others through agape love since it is unconditional our actions will be rooted in unselfish motivation but out of real care and concern for another.