• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if I'm in the right place since the last post I see is from 2008, but I will go ahead and say thank you for this opportunity....it is divine indeed :) and I feel blessed to have been brought here!

I am really looking forward to learning a lot from this study.

Blessings,

Dona

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Everyone...

I'm so excited about this study and can't believe how in-depth and intellectual it is... like a college level course. And, of course, I'm deeply grateful to Dr. Wilson for providing this study for all of us.

I live in Summerville, South Carolina, having moved here after being an almost life-long resident of New England (Boston area). I look forward to learning more about Romans 5 - 8 as, I want to increase my knowledge of the Christian Life. I was raised Catholic and although I learned much about worship from that Religion, at times I have difficulty switching from a performance-based Religion to a Grace-based one. Thank the Lord I have a clear awareness of the Grace of God now and when I subconciously slip into a performance versus grace mode I am able to identify it more quickly.

I attended a Sovereign Grace Church - church plant in South Carolina for the first 5 months or so when I first moved here and loved the expository preaching but God has now guided me to an established Baptist church with topical ppreaching. I have learned so much about the Christian Faith in the past nine months since I moved to the south I am excited to learn more. My son has a Master's in Divinity and now, living with him, I am saturated with Bible thinking and tenets of our christian faith that I wandered away from living "up north".

I'm 61 years old, have two children, am retired because of a number of physical disabilities and am loving the extra time I have to spend with the Lord. I worked all my life as a Social Worker and Counselor... working in the jail system for about ten years as a substance abuse treatment manager and counselor and a Career Development Coordinator for persons with major mental illness.

God bless you all and I'm looking forward to meeting you through this forum.

• 1 month later...

At glance of the number of Romans that were still worshiping multi gods, and goddesses' makes me feel a more defined meaning of the passion of Christ, through vicarious Atonement. It also makes me wonder how many Romans on a compared census scale were still actually participating in animal and people sacrificing for the sake of Roman mythology. I am sure the numbers would be totally remarkable.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm just looking to get back in to the word....hoping this is the answer to a busy schedule. I had a teacher that pointed out when you find that God seems far away, it is you who have inch by inch drifted away..... I am not as close to Jesus as I once was; I want to come back to a relationship, not a knowledge.

So are any of you just starting this week, like I am and will be answering the same questions I am?

• 4 weeks later...

I came to Jesus two weeks ago. I want to learn more and give my life more to him. I am lost. I don't think I am wise enough to answer the questions yet. I need to study more, but I do love what the Lord has done in my life. I have finally begun to feel a peace in the last week and a half I haven't felt before. I am still trying to understand how he could love someone like me. Praise be to Jesus for dying for me and accepting me.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi my name is Elema, living in China. I have a very busy lifestyle. I have done online studies before and I hope this online bible study will help give me the discipline of immersing myself in God's word purposely each week. Looking forward to new revelations and becoming more and more like Christ each week!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
:) Hi I'm Corrie from the Australia. I have allowed my work schedule to inch me away from time spent in the Word and with God. I trust that through this Bible study, I will once again abide in the shadow of the Almighty.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi everyone. My name is Mary and I live in Southeast TX. I attend an Independent Baptist church and I've been a Christian for 27 years. I love the Lord and I want to know Him better everyday. I've been doing online Bible studies for about 1 year and a half and love them.

• 1 year later...

Good day to all. Just starting my studies in Roman 5-8, and so far really enjoying everything. Looking forward to digging into the greatest book ever written and discussing it with everyone. Like to say thank you to Dr. Ralph for doing this. God bless everyone and may our minds, spirit, and hearts be open to the Holy Spirit as we strive to having a closer relationship with God.

• 1 year later...

Hi. my name is jim.  I am from Canada.  What intrigues me about Romans is that Paul says something in Ro.1:11 "For I long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift, so that you may be established."  Paul says to Timothy 1Tim.4:14 "Do not neglect the gift that is in you, which was given to you by prophecy with the laying on of the hands of the eldership."  In mentioning the 5 fold ministry, Paul says that this is given (Eph.4:12) "for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ."  We are to be equipped with something supernatural.  Understanding Ro.1:11 makes a difference when reading the rest of Romans.  We are not left to our own devices!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello, I am Rodgers from Uganda. Most people here signed up for the study of Romans in the year 2008. Here I come almost 14 years later. I am glad about the never-changing truth nature of the Word of God. My prayer is to see a change in my life upon this study. May the light of God shine in my heart through His Word. Also a special thanks to you, Dr. Ralph for setting up this study. God bless you abundantly!