JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Christ as Representative and Head

Q3. (Romans 5:15-19) By what right does Adam represent all humankind? By what right does Christ become head of all who become his disciples? If Christ is not our "representative" or "head," how can his death for sins be effective for us?
Adam is the first man and there fore he is the first created being in God's image but he was not perfect. He sinned and He died because of the sin and therfore we all die for we are his offsrping. Jesus is the head of the church and never sinned therefore when we come into Jesus and are forgiven of our sins we are granted eternal life by grace. His death or blood sacrifice is our atonement for sin as a price had to be paid and He paid it for us. If we accept Him and follow after Him then we will get eternal life.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. (Romans 5:15-19) By what right does Adam represent all humankind? By what right does Christ become head of all who become his disciples? If Christ is not our "representative" or "head," how can his death for sins be effective for us?

I think about these questions in the terms of genealogy. In the human or flesh we can all trace our family tree back to Adam. What was in Adam is in us. It is like in our DNA we inherited sin from Adam.

When we except Christ as our savior we are brought into his family. We can then trace our spiritual family tree to Christ. Our spiritual DNA is the same as Christ

Q3. (Romans 5:15-19) By what right does Adam represent all humankind?

Adam represents all humankind because God created him first. We are all descendants of Adam.

By what right does Christ become head of all who become his disciples?

Because he gave His life for us.

If Christ is not our "representative" or "head," how can his death for sins be effective for us?

If Christ is not our

• 2 weeks later...

Adam is the first man created by God. His name means humankind. We are all born into his physical family. We inherited his guilt, sinful nature and God's punishment for disobedience. Though Christ Jesus, the second Adam, our risen LORD, we inherit eternal life. Through Him we have been made righteous in God's sight. We owe our very lives to Him. If Christ is not our head we have no deliverance from our sins nor will we have eternal life. Christ offers us the opportunity to be born into His spiritual family. We have become united with Him, He is in us and we are a part of Him. He is our HEAD!

Adam represents all human kind as we all, like Adam, have inherited a sinful nature. Since Christ came into the world as a man, he truly has part with mankind. He experienced life as we do but did not sin. He came to heal our human brokeness and that gives Him the right to be the head of all who believe. He suffered death for us so we did not have to be eternally seperated from God. We are not righteous so He gives us His righteousness. I do not believe it is possible for His death to be effective against our sin if we do not choose to follow Him.

• 1 month later...

Adan represents all mankind becasue he was the first human.

Christ has the right to be the head of his disciples becasue he is God.

If he is not our representative we (humans) can not go to heaven.

(Romans 5:15-19)By what right does Adam represent all humankind? By what right does Christ become head of all who become his disciples? If Christ is not our head or our representetive,how can his death for sins be effective for

Adam represents all human kind because he was the first human that sinned so we sin because of what Adam did and we are in his exact image.We would all go to hell and we couldn't have Christ to believe in. And he wouldn't for give our sins. It can be effective for us because if he isn't we would all have sins that would not be forgiven.

Rom 5:15 But the gift that God was kind enough to give was very different from Adam's sin. That one sin brought death to many others. Yet in an even greater way, Jesus Christ alone brought God's gift of kindness to many people.

Rom 5:16 There is a lot of difference between Adam's sin and God's gift. That one sin led to punishment. But God's gift made it possible for us to be acceptable to him, even though we have sinned many times.

Rom 5:17 Death ruled like a king because Adam had sinned. But that cannot compare with what Jesus Christ has done. God has been so kind to us, and he has accepted us because of Jesus. And so we will live and rule like kings.

Rom 5:18 Everyone was going to be punished because Adam sinned. But because of the good thing that Christ has done, God accepts us and gives us the gift of life.

Rom 5:19 Adam disobeyed God and caused many others to be sinners. But Jesus obeyed him and will make many people acceptable to God.

Adam was the first created by the Lord. He had everything. But most of all he had communion with God. That was not enough for him he wanted to be a god, like god and disobeyed. That sin of disobedience was passed down to all man. It is in our very nature...our genes...to give into temptation.

Christ gave us life. He knew from our beginnings what we would do but still gave us breath. And we still chose to sin...but He gave to us an option we could have eternal death or eternal life ...all we need to do is accept Him by faith. His dying for us, in place of us places Him as the head of all His disciples. If you do not choose to have Christ as your head or representative that is completely up to you. God gave to us free will...Jesus still died for you so that you could have eternal life with God but you are the one not accepting that gift. He died for sinners...each and every one of us...what we do with that gift is up to each and every one of us as individuals.

Clearly said the disobedience of one brought death and all are considered sinner but the obedience of on, our Lord Jesus Christ brought life...counting as obedience for all...I see it as the inherited sin is blotted out and those without personal sin are justified but unless we accept Christ as our saviour no personal sins will be forgiven

Adam was God's first created man and is our ancestor because of this. Christ is head of all who become his disciples because he gave us life. He has given us the ability to have eternal life and that gives him the right to be our head. His death for sins are effective for us by cleansing us of the inherited sin that we inherited from Adam.

• 2 months later...

Adam was the progenitor of all mankind. Adam was the first man. Adam is the one who introduced sin into the world and because of that everytything the came from Adam was effected by his choice to sin. His shame became our shame, his sin became our sin.

Christ as a representation of the first Adam before he sinned. He was perfect and sinless. Christ was perfect and sinless. He was a representation of what God originally created man to be. So by Adams' sin all became sinners. Christ when he died on the cross He died for all mankind thus making himself the second Adam and reversing everything that happened in Adam.

Before Christ we were in Adam. After Christ died we were taken out of Adam and placed in Christ.

God appointed Adam, noting especially that the meaning of Adam in the original Hebrew language is the generic term for human, humankind;, Adam being "humankind" had become the federal representative or proxy of all that will come from him. I have heard this explained that all of us were in Adam's loins since the foundation of the world, hence we are in Adam and his sin contaminated us and became our sin. It is the same case with Christ with the exception that Christ volunteered to be our representative, knowing full well what the consequence of his decision will cost Him. If Christ is not my representative at the cross then I am doomed and destined to eternally be separated from my Creator and Father. His death would be of no value for humanity and would serve no purpose.

• 4 weeks later...

Q3. (Romans 5:15-19) By what right does Adam represent all humankind?

Adam was the first man and his sin became our sin.

[/size]By what right does Christ become head of all who become his disciples?

Christ is God in the flesh.

If Christ is not our "representative" or "head," how can his death for sins be effective for us?

We would be lost and not have the gift of salvation.

• 3 weeks later...

ADAM HAD THE RIGHT BECAUSE HE WAS FIRST BORN BUT HE CHOSE TO DISOBEY. CHRIST HAD THE RIGHT TO BECOME HEAD OF HUMANKIND BECAUSE HE CHOSE TO BE OBEDIENT AND DIED ON THE CROSS FOR OUR SINS. IF CHRIST WERE NOT OUR RERESENITIVE HIS DEATH ON THE CROSS WOULD NOT BE EFFECTIVE.

• 3 weeks later...

Adam was the first human, God formed him in His own image and gave him authority over all living creatures. Adam chose not to listen to God and brought sin upon all mankind. Christ has all rights for He is perfect, He conquered all sin and died for all of us. He is my Lord ,leader and Saviour. He is my representative, the One who speeks on my behalf. Because of His death grace reigns thru His rightiousness, my sins are washed away for ever because they cannot come close to Gods grace. :rolleyes:

Adam was the first created human. From him comes all human kind. Christ was the first Spiritual man. Born of a virgin, He broke Adam's line and became the first of God's Sons.

As our first Spiritual man, Jesus needed to negate Adam's sin and lead us into a right relationship with God. His death is only effective if we become a spiritual man through accepting it.

Through Adam I am a human being; through Jesus I am a spiritual being. Through Adam, I am a sinner condemned to death. Through Jesus I am forgiven and restored to the original relationship with God.

By Adam sin passed to all mankind. We had an Adam nature, my old man was fashioned on the first Adam, I was disobedient and arrogant, my own man, did not need help from anyone especially God.

What a fool I was, scripture says the fool says in his heart that there is no God.

But on a day I least suspected Jesus by the Holy Spirit confronted me with my sinful life and the wages that I was to receive.

I repented of my sins that day and asked the Lamb of God to take my sins away, to become my saviour and Lord of my life, now He has every right on my life, He is the head and director of all.

Through His death and resurrection I have life.

Oh, what a Savior that He died for me!

From condemnation He hath made me free;

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So I'll be honest. The concept of original sin has never really clicked with me. I understand that we inherited Adam's sin, but I'm not really sure why it had to be that way. I think this is where the American cultural values come into play. They are so hard to set aside! Why are we doomed because of one couple's choices? The thing is, if it wasn't Adam, it would have been someone else. The main point is that through free will humans have decided to go our own way. Jesus as a Second Adam is an encouraging concept, though. As the second first man, Christ has allowed humanity to start over. We have inherited his gift.

• 4 weeks later...

Adam represents Sin and corruption. Christ has the right because he is perfect and the Son Of God. If we believe in him then our old sins will go away.

He represents all humankind ablitity to sin and sin nature. Christ has the right bacause he is perfect and dosen't sin. If we belive in Jesus then our past life will be done away with.

• 1 month later...

[

I am not sure why God chose Adam to represent all humankind, except that he was the first man. But Christ is our head if we are his disciples, just as our president is our country's leader, but the Prime minister of England is not....This is a confusing concept. This is when I just say to myself, "This is the way God says it is!" and leave it at that!

Q3. (Romans 5:15-19) By what right does Adam represent all humankind? By the right of God to judge and condemn all of humankind as an all powerful, all knowing but gracious God.

By what right does Christ become head of all who become his disciples? By the infinite grace of God, He gave Jesus to become our head or representative not to save us from the condemnation, given after the trespass of Adam, of death, which clearly remains with us, but to save us from the eternal wrath of God and from eternal damnation if we become His disciples

If Christ is not our "representative" or "head," how can his death for sins be effective for us? It can't. He has to be our head, or as far as we are concerned, His death would be in vain.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Dr. Ralph,

Since Adam was God's first human creation, all of Adam's offspring imitate him. For example, all of us humans reflect Adam physically, mentally, and emotionally. If he had remained without sinning, we wouldn't have sin in our lives either. The sin element therefore was passed down throughout the generations just like anything else we inherent. Christ loves us all and is righteous. Because He loves us, He alone saves us from sin, and He saves us from eternal hell if we confess that He is God's son and ask for forgiveness of our sins. This won't happen if Christ is not our "representative".

• 1 month later...

Adam represented all humankind because through him sin condemned all mankind. Christ become head of all who become his disciples because He is the sacrificed that expunged the sin record of mankind. Christ death for sins is effective for all mankind, but in order for one to benefit from the sacrifice you must accept Christ as your "representative" or "head" before God.

• 2 weeks later...

By right Adam represents all man kind, because he was the first man created by God. Christ becomes head of all disciples because through him would we receive the grace of God and receive the gift of eternal life. Without the revelation made by Jesus Christ how are we too walk in faith