JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Coming Under Christ's Headship

Q4. (Romans 6:2-5) According to this passage, at what point do we move from being under the headship of Adam to the headship of Christ? Is there anything we must do to bring about this change in headship? What are the implications of us having died with Christ?

Some would say just except Christ as your savior and it is done, you are under the headship of Christ. True but it is also just the start of a relationship that will be costly.

Take up your cross and follow me, are the word of Christ. (Luke 14:27 Matt 10:38-39 Mark 8:34) What does this mean? I think we are either in the flesh or in the spirit. I don

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think it is just about excepting Christ. I ask to read this portion of a book wrote by Dietrich Bonhoeffer titled The Cost of Discipleship

Cheap grace is the deadly enemy of our Church. We are fighting today for costly grace. Cheap grace means grace sold on the market like cheapjacks

Q4. (Romans 6:2-5) According to this passage, at what point do we move from being under the headship of Adam to the headship of Christ?

When we first believe.

Is there anything we must do to bring about this change in headship?

Accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior.

What are the implications of us having died with Christ?

We are forgiven for our sins. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

According to the passage, we move from being under Adam to being under the headship of Christ at our baptism. We make a conscious choice to do what Jesus commanded us to do. This is a public display of showing our faith in Jesus as Lord and Savior. It is recognized at baptism that we have been baptized into his death and choose to live ( at least strive to live) according to His teaching. Christ has freed us from sin and gives us the grace to live according to the ways that are acceptable to Him.

Q4. (Romans 6:2-5) According to this passage, at what point do we move from being under the headship of Adam to the headship of Christ? Is there anything we must do to bring about this change in headship? What are the implications of us having died with Christ

According to the scriptures, we were joined with Christ in baptism and joined Him in His death. Since we have been united with Him in death, we will also be raised to life as He was. Praise the LORD!!! We must die to sin, sinful ways and sin in our lives, in this we can change our headship from Adam to Christ. The word of God says in Romans 5 Message Bible, that focusing on the self is the opposite of focusing on God. Anyone completely absorbed in self ignores God, ends up thinking more about self than God. That person ignores who God is and what he is doing. And God isn't pleased at being ignored. God must be first and foremost in our lives there is no neutral grow you are either on His side or against Him. Yield to Him and let Him rule in your life, that is the key.

• 1 month later...

Q4. (Romans 6:2-5) According to this passage, at what point do we move from being under the headship of Adam to the headship of Christ? Is there anything we must do to bring about this change in headship? What are the implications of us having died with Christ?

Rom 6:2 Of course not! How can we who died as far as sin is concerned go on living in it?

Rom 6:3 Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into union with Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?

Rom 6:4 Therefore, through baptism we were buried with him into his death so that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the Father's glory, we too may live an entirely new life.

Rom 6:5 For if we have become united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his.

According to this passage the point of being moved under the headship is the time of his death and His resurrection so we can leave Adam.

Nothing because he has died for us so we don't do anything.

The implications are that we will live a resurrected life as Christ does

Rom 6:2 No, we should not! If we are dead to sin, how can we go on sinning?

Rom 6:3 Don't you know that all who share in Christ Jesus by being baptized also share in his death?

Rom 6:4 When we were baptized, we died and were buried with Christ. We were baptized, so that we would live a new life, as Christ was raised to life by the glory of God the Father.

Rom 6:5 If we shared in Jesus' death by being baptized, we will be raised to life with him.

This verse explains that as we died with Jesus, was buried with Him we also will be resurrected to life with the Lord. This is the point that headship from Adam is given over to that of Christ. To have this change of Headship we need to trust and have faith in the Lord Jesus. He has done everything else for us while we were yet sinners. When died with Christ and Christ was raised from the dead by the glory - Glorious power. Of the Father, so we also, by the same power, should rise again; and as he lives a new life in heaven, so we should walk in newness of life. By faith we have entered into it with Him. As he rose from the tomb and lived, so shall we rise from sin and live a new life.

4. (Romans 6:2-5) According to this passage, at what point do we move from being under the headship of Adam to the headship of Christ? Is there anything we must do to bring about this change in headship? What are the implications of us having died with Christ?

When we pray to be saved by God ( Christ ).

yes, we must beilvil in Jesus.

we are a new person

1.Adam was the head of God's creation,

and Christ was also the head of when he died for our sins.

2.we could show faith to god when he died for us.

3.Jesus died for us to hav the enternal life so that

we can rie with him.

• 2 months later...

The point in which we move from being in Adam to being in Christ is at baptism. The first thing a person has to do is repent of sins and turn to Jesus Christ and confess His Lordship and make the confession that He was raised from the dead. At that point you become in Christ. The purpose of the baptism in this is for us to indentify with the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ and become one with Him.

The implications of having died with Christ is that we now share everything with Christ. Our union with Christ means we are now joined to Him so everything that took place in His death, burial, and resurrection now belongs to us.

The point in which we move from being in Adam to being in Christ is at baptism. The first thing a person has to do is repent of sins and turn to Jesus Christ and confess His Lordship and make the confession that He was raised from the dead. At that point you become in Christ. The purpose of the baptism in this is for us to indentify with the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ and become one with Him.

The implications of having died with Christ is that we now share everything with Christ. Our union with Christ means we are now joined to Him so everything that took place in His death, burial, and resurrection now belongs to us.

I am not sure that I know where to find it in this reference but I do believe that at the moment of faith and being justified by it all this transfer took place. Before I believed in Jesus as my personal Savior I was under the federal headship of Adam but once Jesus saved me then I was crucified, died, buried and raised in Him. The moment that I was justified I was dead to my old life, to my old subjection under the first Adam, the power of sin that had reigned in my flesh since my mother conceived me was broken and a new me emerged to newness of life!!! Halleluiah. Because of His great mercy He has given us a new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead..."1 Peter1:3

Our part in all of this is to believe using the faith that He Himself has given us.

The implications of having died with Christ are enormous and priceless! For example, if I died judicially with Christ then I am dead to sin and if I rose with Christ then I have His resurrected life in me and can live the way He would want me to.

• 4 weeks later...

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Q4. (Romans 6:2-5) According to this passage, at what point do we move from being under the headship of Adam to the headship of Christ?When we accept Jesus is our Lord and Savior.

Is there anything we must do to bring about this change in headship?

All we have to do is accept the wonderful gift of salvation.

What are the implications of us having died with Christ?

We will have eternal life with God.

• 4 weeks later...

WE MOVE FROM THE HEADSHIP OF ADAM TO THE HEADSHIP OF CHRIST WHEN WE ACCEPT HIS FREEGIFT OF SALVATION, HIS DEATH ON THE CROSS. ALL WE MUST DO IS ACCEPT AND BELIEVE. THE IMPLICATIONS OF US HAVING DIED WITH CHRIST ARETHE WORD OF GOD- JUST AS CHRIST WAS RAISED FROM THEDEAD BY THE GLORIOUS POWER OF THE FATHER, NOW WE ALSO MAY LIVE NEW LIVES

• 4 weeks later...

I move from the headship of Adam to the headship of Christ when I accept Him as my Saviour and am baptised.

ALL I NEED TO DO IS ACCEPT THAT JESUS DIED FOR MY SINS AND ASK HIM INTO MY LIFE AS LORD AND SAVIOUR.

Once I have done that I no longer live controlled by my earthly desires, but learn to live controlled by the Holy Spirit. See colossians chap 3

Once we have been baptized into Christ we are under His headship. When we take that acceptance of Christ our sins are dead and we too are made new in Christ. We must make sure that we do not fall back into our old ways but stay true and strong to Christ. Having died with Christ I believe means we have surrendered to Him, our sins have been washed away so that we can live our lives with Him, we too will end up with eternal life.

Faith in the finished work of Jesus and letting Jesus become our Lord, we then leave behind the old Adam and then walk in the new man in Christ Jesus. No longer a sin slave of the old Adam nature we submit to headship of Jesus Christ and rest on His finished work.

We then follow His command to be baptized, and we are buried with Him but then we arise and walk in the new man the rebirth state with Him.

Man of sorrows what a name

For the Son of God who came

Ruin sinners to reclaim

Hallelujah what a Saviour

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

When we are baptized with Christ, which back then was synonymous with belief (people believed and were baptized immediately--they didn't take classes on baptism first or pray about it or set a date months into the future), we become dead to sin. We still do sin, but we are not controlled by it. It doesn't dictate our life. We often talk about being caught in a struggle with a devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other. But really, once baptized into Christ, sin no longer has control over us. It's like our entire identities have changed. That seems pretty clear in the Bible, but on a practical level we see so many believers living as if they had the devil/angel thing going on. I too have had phases in my life like that. I'm not sure why that is. Perhaps if we all understood Romans and truly believed that we were no longer slaves to sin, we would live accordingly. It's like when you tell a child she is kind, she will start acting more kind. This is tough!!

• 4 weeks later...

We bacame the headship of Christ when we stared to belive in him. Yes we must belive in Jesus and do his works. We frist had to be baptized into Jesus name and then now we are died with Christ.

• 1 month later...

The point of being baptized unto Christ is when we move from the headship of Adam to the headship of Christ. But it is not the baptisim of the law nor of water which creates that relationship, but the baptisim of the Holy Spirit. Here is what Jesus said about the baptism of the law; "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean." Matt 23:25&26 And baptisim of the Holy Spirit is what David (A man after God's own heart) was searching for when he said, "Create in me a clean heart, O God, Renew a loyal spirit within me." Psalm 51:10

The implications of having died with Christ is we now have a new desire and new motives behind our desires. It is a desire to please God through action.

Darrell

• 4 weeks later...

It sounds like at baptism we are put under Christ's "jurisdiction", and for most of us, our parents chose that for us. That's a good start to our lives, and as we grow, we need to choose to stay under His headship. When we make that choice, we are forgiven our sins.

Q4. (Romans 6:2-5) According to this passage, at what point do we move from being under the headship of Adam to the headship of Christ? When we die with Jesus, and therefore die to our old selves to be raised from this death to a new life in Christ. This point is symbolized by the positive statement made at baptism, but is much more than just the physical act of being baptized, it is a real acceptance of Jesus as our head.

Is there anything we must do to bring about this change in headship? As said above, accept Jesus as our head, as the centre of our lives and our existence, and to make a public statement of this through baptism.

What are the implications of us having died with Christ? We die to sin and to our old selves and are raised again in Christ.

• 1 month later...

In this passage we move from the headship of Adam to the headship of Christ when we put our faith in Christ. It is at this time that we become united with Christ. We bring about the change in headship when we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord, we believe that He is the risen Savior, and confess our sins for God's forgiveness. The implications of us having died with Christ is that we also are risen with Him. We die to sin, sin no longer has a hold on us.

• 2 weeks later...

In the Bible it states that man should be born twice. Once by water (natural birth) and once by Spirit. We move over to the headship of Christ once we are born through the Spirit.

The implication of us having to die with Christ means that we have the opportunity to receive the gift of eternal life, because when Jesus rose from the dead those who follow him also, through their faith.