JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Offering Our Members to God

Q2. (Romans 6:13) In what ways do you "offer the members of your body" to either sin or God multiple times in a day? Why is it that we can sin unconsciously? How can we begin to offer our members deliberately to God? What changes will it take in our daily life to do this?

In what ways do you "offer the members of your body" to either sin or God multiple times in a day?

At first, I must offer my body, including my mind, consciously, to God, asking Christ to help me with temptation to sin. I just give it over, every time I am tempted.

Why is it that we can sin unconsciously? Because without counsel of the Holy Spirit, our bodies are naturally sinful. Our bodies will sin wthout thinking. It is thinking on God, asking for awareness of God's presence, consciously, that helps us resist sin.

How can we begin to offer our members deliberately to God? What changes will it take in our daily life to do this? Be mindful of God, all day long. Ask for help all day long. It isn't that difficult to do and becomes second nature after a time. Prayer and meditation, counsel with other Christians, and avoidance of sinful situations, are ways to change our daily sinful lives.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have choices to make throughout each day. We have to become thoughtfully aware of God's presence (or lack of the feeling of His presence) with us each day. We need to purpose in our hearts & minds to choose to be God's servant--thoughts, hands, mouth, feet.....

We have no trouble leaning towards sinning--it's our "natural (unsaved condition) man" that still abides with us as humans, but we have the power of the Holy Spirit to choose to obey God.

We can begin and end each day in His Word and in communion with Him. Be aware of His presence in us during the day and yield our every thought, word & deed to Him. Think, before acting. This is very difficult for me, but I know I want to have a teachable spirit. Praise God.

Q2. (Romans 6:13) In what ways do you "offer the members of your body" to either sin or God multiple times in a day? I submit to either sin or God

Why is it that we can sin unconsciously? we react automatically at times, the physical body sometimes responds to the world with low energy, but as soon as our higher-self notices the low energy, we can align ourselves with Christ. Also, we can sin sometimes without realising that what we do is not right

How can we begin to offer our members deliberately to God? By listening to God. By living in Christ. The body is made up of individual cells, each cell has an intelligence (an energy) of its own. Likewise each area of the body, being made up of millions of cells, has a collective energy. Yoga teaches that the highest most beautiful energy that is available to us is above the head, and that we need to invite this energy in and raise the base energy of the lower-self. This is the teaching of Yoga.

What changes will it take in our daily life to do this? We need to listen to God. We need to develop a daily practice of pray and listening. We need to daily reach up to Christ and have the Lord enter us with His strength.

"Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace.

Where there is hatred, let me sow love;

Where there is injury, pardon;

Where there is doubt, faith;

Where there is despair, hope;

Where there is darkness, light;

Where there is sadness, joy.

O divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek

To be consoled as to console,

To be understood as to understand,

To be loved as to love;

For it is in giving that we receive;

It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;

It is in dying to self that we are born to eternal life"

Saint Augustine

Q2. (Romans 6:13) In what ways do you "offer the members of your body" to either sin or God multiple times in a day? Why is it that we can sin unconsciously? How can we begin to offer our members deliberately to God? What changes will it take in our daily life to do this?

I sin unconsciously often because I am not close enough to God to know it's sin or I am not concentrating or I have mimic-ed the world around me.

By offering my members, my thoughts, feelings, emotions, actions to God constantly throughout the day, by stopping often to check in with Him, by making sure I speak to Him before I do anything, I can offer my members deliberately to God and take control over sin through Him.

The change in my life will be awesome. I will be walking in the Power of God, I will be living victoriously and I will know my God as never before.

Q2. (Romans 6:13) In what ways do you "offer the members of your body" to either sin or God multiple times in a day?

When we were controlled by our old nature, sinful desires were at work within us, and the law aroused these evil desires that produced a harvest of sinful deeds, resulting in death. We are to present our bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is our reasonable service. Jesus, whom his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. Now that this has been accomplished for us, we no longer live the rest of our time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.

Why is it that we can sin unconsciously? Sin is dominate unto the nature of man.

How can we begin to offer our members deliberately to God? By offering ourselves daily unto Him as a living sacrifice. Pouring ourselves at the alter of His feet in servant hood to Him.

What changes will it take in our daily life to do this? Constantly staying in intimate relationship with Jesus, daily in prayer and conversation and by reading and applying the Word of God, allowing it to wash over us by the power off His Spirit.

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. Hebrews 9:27, Romans 7:9, Romans 6:10

The object of this is to illustrate the fact that Christ died but once for sin, and that is done by showing that the most important events pertaining to man occur but once. Every single man will die because death is the wage we are paid for our sins. But those who place their hope in Jesus, our sins have been paid for by His blood, but we still will die. Next is judgement when we shall all go before the throne of grace. The Bible tells us that there will be some alive at His return, but they too, will be changed in the twinkling of an eye.

I offer the members of my body to God every day by watching what my eyes look upon, what my ears hear, where my feet take me, watching my words, keeping my mind on the things of God, and offering myself to be used for His kingdom. We can sin unconsciously because we do not have our thoughts under control. We let the devil slip in with lies. We are not praying continually. We can begin to offer our members to God by giving ourselves to Him totally. Realizing that we are His temple in which He dwells. The changes it will take would be staying in God's Word, praying, controlling our thoughts and words. and letting God shine through us.

Romans 6:13 Why do I do the things I do not want to do?.I believe we just do things without ever realizing what we have done is sin.I open my mouth to soon,and say the wrong words.Words can hurt.I must think before I act.If we follow Jesus Christ (he is our Master),he give us power to do good ,rather than evil.We give our whole self to Jesus.Every part of our body is an instrument to be used for the good that we are to carry out for our Heavenly Father. The changes that will be made is we know longer want to carry out our old sinful motives and desires and goals of the world.We have turned ourself over to God and He can use us as His instrument,(our hands,feet,our mouth,our whole body.Our spirit will grow strong,and our bodies more willing.

• 2 weeks later...

we offer the members of our body whatever we use as tools hands feet mouth etc to God or satan in that we use our members to work for that cause

when we choose to listen to God and use our mouth to speak for God we use our members for God. If I choose to use my mouth to work for satan I

say what he would have me say or what my sinfull self would say. We have to choose which to yeald our members to work for.

I believe we cannot sin unconsiously. we must choose and decide which side to work and yield our members to stand for.

If we wish to offer our members deliberately to God . All we have to do is choose God, keep our minds on how he would want things doneg

be aware of the righteous way to do a task or answer a question etc. It is a choice we must make a new each time we do anything all the time.

to do this we must know and study what the righteous thing to do is , fill our mind with god's word the bible, pray and keep fellowship with others

who are doing the same.

We are either in Satan's camp or in God's camp, and our characteristics are either sinful or righteous depending on which camp we choose.

We obey (unconsciously) either Satan or God. (I put Satan first because we originally belonged in his camp).

We deliberately offer ourselves to God when we put our trust in Jesus, so now we are cut off from Satan's camp, we have changed our alegiance and now belong to God.

In our daily lives we will find that we are following Christ in all our ways, even though we make mistakes and need to be corrected.

You "offer the members of your body" to either God or sin multiple times in a day by choosing which one you will serve.

We can sin unconsciously because we have done it all our life. It has become second nature to us. We have grown accustomed to sin in our lives that we automatically do it without thinking.

We can begin to offer our members deliberately to God by submitting to Him and at the same time, resisting any temptation the devil throws our way.

The changes it will take in our daily life to do this are to offer ourselves to God as instruments of righteousness.

I offer the members of my body to sin or God by what I say or do throughout any given day. We sin unconsciously because we are so ingrained with the world and the way of the world. We can begin to change that by offering ourselves totally at the beginning of each day.

The only change in the daily routine is to wake up in the morning and first thing offer myself to God.

We "offer the members of your body" daily by the choices we make in our minds, the places our feet take us, our hands by the things we touch. I'm reminded of the children's song, "Oh Be Careful Little Ears". The spirit is strong but the flesh is weak so we can do things without thinking and sin unconsciously. 2nd Chronicles 7:14 says it all about offering our members deliberately to God, humble ourselves, pray, seek God's face and turn form our wicked ways. We have to change our old habits, not do the things we use to do so that we can now do the things we should.

We "offer the members of our body" to either sin or God multiple times in a day by what we see, think, or do. To offer our members deliberately to God, we must make a conscious effort to direct our actions and thoughts to Him and away from the things of the world that draw us away from Him. We can do this by listening to christian music / radio stations, by starting each day with devotions so we're on the right track at the first of each day, by ensuring that the things in our home do not direct us away from God (i.e. types of TV programming or other media), etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If I want to do a Tafe course to improve my lifestyle I pay the fee and turn up at the starting time to meet the teacher and other students. If I want to follow Jesus I do those things that are needed - spend time with Him at the beginning of each day, keep tuned in during the day in prayer and fellowship with others of the same mind who can hold me accountable and encourage me in my Christian walk. In this way I become a disciple of Jesus and get the mental makeover needed to live for Him.

Sin is the default mode in many ways and I have to be constantly wired in to change that.

The change takes a deliberate mindset, even though the Spirit Himself changes our thinking. We have to take deliberate steps to make His pathway open. It is a co-operative effort.

The changes we make include studying His Word, making our daily life consistent with scriptural teaching, watching out carefully for traps and opportunities to minister to people in the Lord's Name (true religion is caring for widows and orphans). It all has to translate into LOVE. Love is first for Jesus and then for people.

• 4 weeks later...

Our thoughts can get us in great trouble! It only takes 1 subconsious thought to bring us under condemnation. We must always be on our guard in reguards to our thoughts and the things that we say. For, as soon as we turn our backs or let our guard down, we will find our members being influenced by the evil one. We must daily pray to God and ask Him to be in control of our members and our lives, and we must do this daily!

• 3 weeks later...

Q2. (Romans 6:13) In what ways do you "offer the members of your body" to either sin or God multiple times in a day?

By what we say, what we do, how we present ourselves to others, and by our bad habits.

Why is it that we can sin unconsciously?

By watching the wrong movies or TV shows, or going to the wrong places and letting others influence our lives.

How can we begin to offer our members deliberately to God?

By consciously asking ourselves if what we

• 3 weeks later...

We are so used of sinning by thinking about how all attributes of life effect ourselves; so many times we are oblivious of the needs of others. It is our nature to be self centerd. It takes the Bible to teach us how we were intended to be. We are supposed to be thinking of others before ourselves, offering our help in a constant, selfless effort as we were taught. It is written that we look into the book to reveal our own reflection. Only when we look at ourselves in accordance to the Word can we strive towards a greater likeness of Jesus.

Matt 6:33, but seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteoousness..., Ps 63:1, early will I seek thee are just two of the many scriptures where God revealed to me a process. Arising early daily and committing my self and my responsibilities, and my day to Him. Blessing Him and thanking Him another day, surrendering and giving my all to Him is the way by which I can offer my body to Him. If I am distracted in any manner, I easily could lose my focus. Sin needs only an slight opening to gain ascess to the heart and mind of a believer. Sin lurks continously looking for an opening. One must deliberately seek God daily, Col 3:16-17 says to let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom: teaching and admonishing one anohter in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, sings with grace in you hearts to the Lord and whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him. Let our focus be on the things of God, things that will edify Him and increase His kingdom and bring Him glory.

• 1 month later...

Well, you can do sinful act with your body and most would jump right to sex. But you can sin with your

eyes by coveting or *******. You probably dedicate your body to sin without thinking about it because they're bad habits and most habits you dont even notice. We just have to pray and instead of sinning,

pray to god and praise him.

1.To sin, I fight with someone else and look at some bad stuff.To

God, I shake hands with friends and to see God.

2.some people done some bad habbits when they do it.

3.to teach them about God.

4.Do not lie, say bad words,and don't look at some bad stuff.

• 1 month later...

Rom 6:13 Never offer any part of your body to sin's power. No part of your body should ever be used to do any ungodly thing. Instead, offer yourselves to God as people who have come back from death and are now alive. Offer all the parts of your body to God. Use them to do everything that God approves of.

Throughout the day we make decisions on what we see,hear,speak...where we go, what we wear...how we act...all of this is using the gifts God Himself gave us...if we decide to do something that is displeasing to God we are sinning...in everything we do it is either for the Lord or it isn't. There many times we do thing automatically without really thinking about it such as watching tv. but if it is not pleasing to God it is still a sin Also the act of omission would be a sin...when we are to do something but decide not to. We need to take active control over what we say, do and think...only at that time can we really follow the will of God

• 1 month later...

To offer the members of my body to sin or God is to choose who I am a slave of. To choose to serve satan is to yiled to temptation, to go against God's design and desire for me, to grieve the Holy Spirit and to let satan have a victory for His kingdom. When I as a redeemed vessel for the Lord choose to serve the wrong master I am applauding satan's way and allowing him to accomplish his wicked ways in me. WHenever I choose to resit the devil, to turn and go in the opposite direction and to present myself to God then I am allowing Christ to live His life thru me and giving Him the place of honor in my life. When I put myself on the altar before God I believe that I am accomplishing one of His purposes for my life: a life yielded to Him: to listen, to love and to live for Him.

The changes that will have to take place in my life is to willingly lay down my "weapons" of war, stop resisting God's will and believe that He loves me when I was still a sinner and He loves me now. When I can totally accept this truth I believe that I will more willingly and joyfully obey Him.

Dear Lord, help me to understand these concepts so that they become part of me and increase my passion and love for you! In Jesus name Amen!

• 4 weeks later...

:rolleyes:We make decisions constantly throughout the day and in order to make decisions which are pleasing to God, we need to constantly remain close to Him. We can do this throughout the day by studying the Word, praying, study groups with other Christian and taking time to ask ourselves how we can best glorify God. If we don't constantly feed ourselves with God's Word, it is easy to unconsciously sin. It can become a habit we follow because of not giving thought to how God desires us to live. Become of our human nature, we must CONSTANTLY feed ourselves with God's Word.

• 1 month later...

I could offer myself to sin as easy as to what I listen to, watch on tv, read, look at, allow the tongue run free, or actions with the body, or even think. I could cleanse myself before coming to the Heavenly throne, or fill my ears with music pleasing to God, keeping my eyes clean of sin by what I choose to watch on tv, and communicating with Him thru out the day. We can sin unconsciously because we were born into sin, we are not perfect as Christ is. Do not give our bodies to sin but instead to Christ, use our tongues for praising and our hands for good. For these changes to take place we first have to come to God and repent, seek Christ and surrender to Him. In doing these things we start walking with Him, listening and obeying Him. The more we give to Him, as in giving ourselves the more He gives to us, fills us with what we need to do His will. :rolleyes: