JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Doxology

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. (1 Timothy 1:17) What do we learn about God from this doxology? What do we learn about praise? Have you ever tried speaking out a doxology in your personal prayer or praise time? What effect does a doxology have on the speaker?

From this doxology we learn that God is eternal, invisble, immortal, king, and wise.

We learn that true praise honors and glorifies Christ the king.

A doxology causes the speaker to focus on God. Anytime that one is focused on God in humble praise they will be lifted up.

Q3. (1 Timothy 1:17) What do we learn about God from this doxology? What do we learn about praise? Have you ever tried speaking out a doxology in your personal prayer or praise time? What effect does a doxology have on the speaker?

He is eternal, immortal, invisible and the one true God. He is also our King.

The Bible tells us to pray for our earthly king(s) but our heavenly King we pray to because we know He listens and cares.

He knows each of us. When we made one of our moves I wondered if even God knew where I was in this little town we were living in. He did know and He knew the future and all that it held. Sometimes I also like Mary in her post feel He is so big and I am so small and He still cares. He can't be seen but He sees us. He is eternal and has given us eternal souls and has provided a way that we can be with Him in eternity.

I find that doxologies make me forget me and focus on my King who is incomprehensibly great. I have forgotten this and want to do it more. It helps me relax and rest in Him. I am trying to learn to rest in Him more.

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

1. We learn the God is the only true God

2. We learn that when we give praise to God, he himself comes down to intervene

3. Yes in my personal prayer life, I have to praise God

4. God takes over from the speaker.

1. God is the one true God, invisible, eternal.

2. Praise is necessary to keep the focus on the Creator and not the created. Praising God through everything strengthens us.

3. I praise God daily throughout my prayers but I have never actually used the doxolgies. I will work on that as they speak well of how I feel. I, too, see Paul jumping in praise, just can't help it, must say it!!!

4. The effect is what I described above, just can't help it. When you can't help but praise God you really start to understand that He is worthy of our praise. He is good, all the time. Your attitude changes, your demeanor changes and your actions change for the better.

About God from this doxology, we learn that he is the King eternal, immortal, invisible, and the only God

About praise, we learn, that to God to be honor and glory for ever and ever

Yes, I have been trying speaking out a doxology in my personal prayer or praise time

The effect that a doxology has on the speaker is he/she will be blessed by God

From this doxology we learn God is eternal, immortal, and invisible. Also that there are no other gods,only Him.

What we learn about praise is only God is worthy of the glory due His name.

I have never tried speaking out a doxology during my personal prayer or praise time,but I know other Christians who have.

A doxology has effect on the speaker by causing them to focus on giving praise and adoration to the Lord. :)

We learn He is eternal, always was, always will be and maybe most important here with us right now so nothing can take Him by suprise. He is incorruptible and immortal - nothing can defeat or destroy Him. Invisible - we can not see Him with our natural eyes but everything exists in Him. The only God - everything else that we humans exalt as a ' god' is but a poor shadow when compared to Him. Be honour and glory for ever - because He is so utterley worthy of our praise.

Speaking out or even just reading a doxology like this builds up my faith because it gives me a clearer picture of how Almighty my God and Saviour is, it draws out my praise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What do we learn about God from this doxology? What do we learn about praise? Have you ever tried speaking out a doxology in your personal prayer or praise time? What effect does a doxology have on the speaker?

That we are to give him honor which is the best that we can give him and reverence. A doxology is a glory word or a time to praise him cause He is the King of Kings and most of all eternal. we should always in our prayer time give him the doxologies of our hearts and especially when we are reading the Word of God. The doxology is effecting the speaker cause He realizes that at one time he had none of what God has given to him right now in his life so he takes the time to give him all the honor and reverence because He is the eternal and only God.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

1. What we learn about God in the doxology that Paul wrote in 1 Timothy 1 is that God is eternal, God has no end. He has always existed from the beginning. Immortal, God is not corruptible. He cannot be turned into corruption. He is not subject to the flesh and is not bound to death. Invisible does not necessarily mean unable to see with the naked eye, it means He is not a natural being and cannot be seen with the natural eye. God is supernatural, He is spiritual. To see God means to see Him with Spiritual or supernatural eyesight. The only God, is that God is self-existing. There is no other God above or beside Him. He cannot compared to any other entity. He does not share His glory and His power with anyone. God uses His power through those who believe in Him and are yielded to Him.

2. What we learn about Praise in this doxology is that all praise give honor and glory to God. We are recognizing His power and authority. We are giving God the glory for the grace that He has shown us. This is what Paul is conveying to Timothy. We need to constantly be thanking God for His grace and mercy on our lives. We need to always be thankful for what Jesus Christ did on the cross for us.

3. Speaking out in doxology in your personal prayer time is lifting up praise and honor to God in our time of prayer. We can actually do this the way that Paul does it. In our personal prayer time we can say things like "I thank Christ Jesus my Lord for dying on the cross for m, for taking my sin and my punishment." " I thank you God the Father for having mercy on me when I did not deserve it." This should not be a hard thing for Christians to do.

4. The effect of speaking in doxology has on the speaker is that it keeps Him humble. Paul stayed humble before God because he was constantly reminding himself of God's grace. We should constantly remind ourselves of the grace of God. I knew of a friend once that always attributed his success to the grace and mercy of God. He was an excellent phone salesman who everytime he got a sale thanked God for that sale and anytime asked him what was the secret to his success, his reply was it is all about God's grace.

• 2 weeks later...

In reading this passage, it strikes me that Paul is calling us to our true mission, our true purpose....to KNOW and LOVE GOD. Since the beginning, this was His intention that humankind KNOW Him, LOVE Him, and WORSHIP Him. The LORD did and does not want marionnettes, who have no choice. He reveals who He is, and gives those who hear His voice the grace to begin to KNOW Him. Doxologies help us to focus, where our focus should be...on HIM. May He continue to guide us in the paths of righteousness for His Name's sake!

• 4 weeks later...

We learn that God is King, eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God. We learn that God is worthy of praise and should be acknowledged. Yes, I praise God in prayer. A doxology fills me with awe, wonder, love and gratitude.

• 2 weeks later...

We learn he is King, he is eternal, immortal, invisble and everlasting, the only God. Our God is the king of Kings and the Lord of Lords.

God loves our praise and worship.

Always in my prayer time, I spend the first part in praise and hymns. I listen a lot to christian music which is praise and worship music. God loves our praises, it is a sweet aroma to him.

What effict does a doxology have on the speaker, I believe it edifies the speaker and bring him more in tune with the spirit of God.

• 4 weeks later...

We learn that God is everything. He is eternal and almighty, there is no one like Him and He can not be vanquished!

I have used doxoolgy in praise and worship; it brings God's presence closer and it solidifies my trust and justifies my faith. Glory be to the almighty and wonderful Father God!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Q3. (1 Timothy 1:17) What do we learn about God from this doxology?

We learn that God is eternal, He is immortal, He is invisible and He is the only God.

What do we learn about praise?

Praise gives honor to God. The focus of the praise is exclusively for God. Praise describes God's unique attributes and ascribes due glory to His name.

Have you ever tried speaking out a doxology in your personal prayer or praise time?

Yes, I've tried speaking out a doxology in my personal prayer and praise time.

What effect does a doxology have on the speaker?

When doing so I am completely enrapt in the moment and the feeling of God's presence is experienced.

• 2 weeks later...

He is King eternal. He always was and always is and always will be forevermore.

He is immortal.He will never die, He is incorruptible, He is imperishable. He will always be. He is forevermore.

He is invisible. We can't see Him, but He is always there. He will never leave us nor forsake us.

He is The only God. The one True God.

Our praise is a sweet smelling aroma to His nostrils. He inhabits the praises of His people. We bring honor and glory to our Lord. Our praises are our love song to our Heavenly Father. we show reverence to Him when we praise Him.

Speaking out a doxology is a humbling experience. It reminds me of how little I am and how great He is.

• 1 month later...

Q3. (1Timothy 1:17)

What do we learn about God from this doxology?

He has no end, impervious to corruption, invisible (for now), and the one and only!

What do we learn about praise?

He is more than worthy!

Have you ever tried speaking out a doxology in your personal prayer or praise time?

Yes

What effect does a doxology have on the speaker?

He inhabits the praises of his people when done in Spirit and in truth. His presence is so sweet!

Why does Paul need to remind Timothy about the prophesies spoken over him?

That Timothy was commissioned by God and that his power and strength would be with him.

In practical terms, what does "fight the good fight" really mean?

Don't give up.

Why does Paul tell Timothy to "hold on to faith and a good conscince"?

Because this is what the false teachers didn't do. He needs to be focused on his task and at the same time remain pure as he does what he has been called to do.

What temptation is Paul trying to counter in his young protege?

Neglecting his gift and call on his life.

• 2 months later...

We learn that God is for ever and ever.

We learn that God wants us to praise him always in our heart mind and being

Yes I DO

i THINK THAT THE EFFECT IS THAT YOU CAN FEEL THE PRENCE OF THE LORD WITH YOU AND THE SWEET PEACE THAT IT BRINGS