New / Special
Way of the Cross
St. Patrick's Day
New Year's Day
Steps to Peace with God
Year of St. Paul
Dr. Wilson's Books
Christian Articles Archive
Church Plantingby Dr. Ralph F. Wilson
I've always had an interest in church planting. I served as founder and editor of The Planter, a professional newsletter published by the American Baptist Churches, USA, from 1988 through 1993. From 1988 to 2001 I served as a church planter for Church of the Live Oaks, an American Baptist congregation in Rocklin, California. My heart is with church planters everywhere.
"New Churches: Can We Afford Them? Strategies for Success, Despite Booming Land Prices," Ministries Today, May-June 1990, pp. 92ff.
"Restarting a Dead Church," The Planter, August 1990, pp. 1-2. Reprinted in Christian Century, July-August 1992, pp. 25-26. Seven steps for restarting a dying or deceased congregation.
"Too Many Churches?" an article to help people who wonder why a new church is needed.
"Kids Cost Too Much," an article which discusses the importance of investing in new churches.
"Don't You Dare Take My People," speaks to the fear of pastors of nearby established churches when a new church begins.
"Ode to the Tallest Redwood," a poem which reflects on the willingness of redwoods to stand in the forest despite windstorm and fire. An encouragement to church leaders based on Ephesians 6:10-13.
"When the New Church is a Splinter," principles for pastoring the splinter of a church split.
"Younger Churches Make Beautful Lovers," the case for attending the newer church.
In-depth Bible study books
You can purchase one of Dr. Wilson's complete Bible studies in PDF, Kindle, or paperback format -- currently 48 books in the JesusWalk Bible Study Series.
- Abraham, Faith of
- Jacob, Life of
- Moses the Reluctant Leader
- David, Life of
- Songs of Ascent (Psalms 120-134)
- 28 Advent Scriptures (Messianic)
- Rebuild & Renew: Post-Exilic Books
- Christmas Incarnation (Mt, Lk)
- Sermon on the Mount (Mt 5-7)
- Luke's Gospel
- John's Gospel
- Seven Last Words of Christ
- Jesus and the Kingdom of God
- Resurrection and Easter Faith
- Romans 5-8 (Christ-Powered Life)
- 1 Corinthians
- 2 Corinthians
- Colossians, Philemon
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians
- 1 &2 Timothy, Titus
- Glorious Kingdom, The
- Grace: Favor for the Undeserving
- Great Prayers of the Bible
- Holy Spirit, Disciple's Guide
- JesusWalk: Beginning the Journey
- Lamb of God
- Listening for God's Voice
- Lord's Supper: Disciple's Guide
- Names and Titles of God
- Names and Titles of Jesus