JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Exalting God through Praise

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To offer true praise to God is to elevate His place and status in my own heart, which is to exalt Him. It is personal recognition of Him as Sovereign Creator, Source, Provider, King of every king, Lord of every lord, the Most High God! My saying so doesn

In what way does praise exalt God?

When we give anyone praise it raises that person up and humbles us. It is the same when we praise God. We put Him on the throne and we are the subjects bowing before the throne.

Why should we exalt God?

Because of who he is. Yahweh

What does this exaltation do in us?

It humbles us.

What does it say about us?

We are his subjects.

Our praise tells God of the respect and honor we have for Him, and we get to bask in a spiritual manifestation of Him.

We should exalt Him because He's worthy of it.

In doing so, our faith becomes stronger and deeper.

It shows God we love Him and that we're loyal to Him.

I'd like to mention that there's a typo in the section under "Power and Glory 29:11a", in case someone couldn't find the verse in their Bible. It should be Psalm 22:3, instead of 23:3.

God has created us and given us an abundance of time and energy to spend. We spend them on the things we love. Our greatest love is the Father who created us, His Son Jesus who redeemed us, and the Holy Spirit who lives in us and annoints our lives. Our Time and energy are spent appreciating this great fact, putting God in His rightful place on this earth. The worship of God gets the balance of things right I might as well go to school without a pencil (without which I could not function at all well) as run my life without the worship of God taking centre stage in my life. I might as well go to a concert with my earplugs in as live without the worship of God. In fact I might as well leave my food and die as not exalt the Lord my God, for I would be a dead man walking! My printer might as well go without its ink and my car without its petrol. My praise simply establishes the truth about God and me in my life. It sets the foundations right. It connects me with my source (like the landline for my phone). Jesus is the cornerstone of the foundation of the house of my life. Without the worship (in spirit and in truth) my house will tumble down in the first rain. God Himself cannot be moved or changed by our exaltation, but in exaltation we embrace Him and in His presence is Life, rejuvenation, breath, truth, glory, peace, blessing, love, joy, hope, honour, wisdom, strength .......................

True exaltation of Elohim changes us dramatically from a temporary misfit into an eternal child of God, one who knows wisdom, who feeds on the flesh and blood of Jesus and becomes like Him, projects us like and arrow of light into the darkness of this world and changes the world.

The true exaltation of God says about us, "See how they love one another!"

Praising God is a privilege, as His child, for it shows our love, respect and appreciation for who He is. God is worthy of our praise and adoration, and no one else is, in spite of our idolatry towards others in the human world. Praise is accepting of His position as God Almighty and our place as servants of His world now, but recognizing His Love is so great He shares it with us personally as well as teaching us how to love as He loves, and actually share in HIs glory due to our becoming like Jesus...sons and daughters of God.

When we exalt God, we are removing self interest from us and increasing in our interest in Him. We put ourselves under Him humbly and He exalts us spiritually. Our love for Him is increased...more and more.

Q2. In what way does praise exalt God? Why should we exalt God? What does this exaltation do in us? What does it say about us?

When we praise God, we recognize His multitude of mercies He showers on us. We lift up our voices and tell others about His love and mercies--something He as directed us to do.

When we exalt Him, we rise to the highest that any human being can! We are made to worship Him, and we feel bereft if we refuse to do so and just spend our time "doing our thing" and ignoring God. That "God sized hole" in our chest will feel empty and deflated. Somehow, we will feel that we have missed the mark and lack the wherewithall to recover and head for the mark of a child of God.

But, when we exhalt God, He lifts us up and gives us a sense of purpose and joy in what He proposes for our lives!

What does it say about us? At best, we are "pew sitter" Christians. At worst, we fool ourselves and are far from the Lord!

Thank you, Lord, that you gently woo us back to you when we begin to stray! Please help me to tie myself so close to You that I can see no other path that might distract me from You! Amen. :wub:

Jesus said, "Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your mind, and all your soul." In times of difficulty it is hard to praise God with my heart untill my mind or soul takes over and leads the worship. When things happen that I do not understand it is hard to praise God with my mind untill my heart takes over to lead the worship. I exalt God with my praises because He is everything.

In Exodus 15 Moses exalted God, " The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my victory. He is my God, and I will praise him; he is my father's God, and I will exalt him!" Moses praised God because of what was done for him. He exalted God because God is God.

Moses praised God because God became his victory (I think God was always Moses' victory and he just forgot it). I do that at times, because there is so much wrong in the world today I forget that Jesus is our victory and that the battle has already been won.

Since the battle has already been won how much easier it should be to do what is right in the sight of the LORD. Not for my sake but for God's purpose and the benefit of others.

We can act like we are trapped between a rock and a hard place and wait for God to pick us up; But Moses told the people, "Don't be afraid. Just stand where you are and watch the LORD rescue you. The Egyptians that you see today will never be seen again. The LORD himself will fight for you. You won't have to lift a finger in your defense!" or we can go along and live as if the battle has been won, leading the way, and setting a good example. Then the LORD said to Moses, "Why are you crying out to me? Tell the people to get moving! Use your shepherd's staff

Our acknowledgment of God as being worthy of praise, so worthy of all our praise.

We feel good when someone compliments or praises us, it lifts us up; I imagine the same holds true for God. He should be getting some recognition and thanks for all the blessings He bestows on us., but mostly for just being Himself.

It gives us a chance to give back something to Him; and it increases our faith in the Holy One we serve.

It says that we are not to proud to to give credit to the only One who deserves it. We are not here because of any special thing we possess, or because of some massive star explotion in the sky billions of years ago, we are here because of the love of One, loving Heavenly Father, who wishes us to love Him in return. Our praise shows we are willing to thank Him, and love Him in return.

Q2. In what way does praise exalt God?

Our voices, our words, our heart feelings, are lifted up to Him, to express how we feel that He is our God, our Father, our Rock, our Redeemer.

Why should we exalt God?

Because everything that we are, everything that we have, everything that we hope for, comes from God, our Provider.

It brings us closer to God in our relationship with Him. It strengthens our faith, it helps us to grow spiritually.

It says that we are not just there for a false front to the world, but that He truly is our Life, our Being, our Eternal Glory.

Posted: Oct 8 2005, 02:56 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members

Member No.: 1696

When we can remove the "I" statements and direct attention to God - - we are exalting Him unconditionally.

Why should we exalt God?

Because He is God - simply that we are here because of His desire and His provision and all He requires is to exalt Him and walk in His ways.

Makes us aligned with God - - humbly realizing of just how great God is.

It says that we are here for His purpose - His glory and to be a witness to all the earth

In what way does praise exalt God? Why should we exalt God? What does this exaltation do in us? What does it say about us?

Praise exalts God because it puts God where He belongs in our hearts, high and lifted up. We should exalt God because of who He is and what He has done for us, it is an expression of recognition of who He is and of our love and appreciation of Him.

I releases faith in us, it reminds us of how great the God is, whom we served.

I shows that we love Him and have our priorities straight.

Lesson 5 Q 2

Praise exalts God by expressing out loud the respect and honor we have for Him.

Why should we exalt God?

Because He is the Exalted One! God is exalted far above any ruler or celebrity, general, scientist, or author.

It strengthens our faith when we acknowledge God's greatness.

That we are willing to openly declare God's greatness, therefore encouraging others to see God in this light and honor Him as well. Exalting God by praising Him gives us awe and love that is felt by others.

OUR PRAISE EXALTS GOD BY LIFTING HIM UP BY DECLARING THAT HE IS THE ONE AND ONLY TRUE GOD. IT SHOWS THAT HE IS OUR CREATOR AND WE (THOUGH WE ARE SINNERS) TRY VERY HARD TO OBEY HIS VERY WORD.

Why should we exalt God?

WE SHOULD EXALT GOD TO SHOW HIM AND THE WORLD THAT WE ACKNOWLEDGE THAT HE IS THE ONE TRUE GOD. THAT WE LOVE HIM AND WE THANK HIM FOR EVEN THE BREATH THAT WE TAKE EACH DAY. FOR EVERY MOMENT OF OUR LIVES WE HONOR HIM REGARDLESS OF IT BEING GOOD OR BAD BECAUSE OF FAITH WE KNOW THAT HE TAKES EVERY SITUATION AND TURNS IT INTO GOOD. AND HE LOVES US FIRST.

THIS EXALTS IN US THE NEED TO BE HUMBLE, TO BE LOVING CHILDREN OF GOD, TO FOLLOW HIS WORDS AND TO LOVE HIM WITH ALL OUR HEARTS, KNOWING THAT WE WILL BE WITH HIM FOREVER.

THIS SAYS THAT WE KNOW WHO OUR TRUE GOD IS, WHO OUR FATHER IS. WE KNOW WHAT HE DOES FOR US AND WE KNOW WHAT HE PROMISES US AND WE KNOW HOW MUCH HE LOVES US. WE FOLLOW BECAUSE OF THE LOVE WE HAVE IN OUR HEARTS. WE KNOW THAT HE IS A LOVING GOD. AND THAT WE HAVE IN OUR HEARTS THE LOVE THAT WANTS TO PRAISE HIM FOR ALL THINGS.

Our praise of God shows our recognition of who he is, what he has done, and our appreciation of His unconditional love for us. I don't think we ever get unconditional love anywhere else. No matter what we have done, God forgives when we ask Him.

We should exalt Him to show Him how much we love Him. It shows our gratitude for who He is and for all He has done, is doing and will do.

Exalting and praising the father increases our faith and reassures us of His greatness and it also humbles us that He could care so much for us in our unworthiness.

Praising God is a witness to others about how wonderful and awesome God really is. It should make others want to know him, too.

Q2. In what way does praise exalt God? Praise lifts God up, exalts him above all authority, Rulers and leaders ects.

Why should we exalt God? God is to be exalted in praise and a demonstration of our faith and know that God is the Centre of our being, he is the reason for our existense and deserves to be praised. Man with the little he does for his fellowman is praised; but God deserves more because he is the mover of the mountains and calms the storms in our lives. God alone does more for every single human being on earth: God gives life which no one else can; etc.. all this attributes are the but some of the reasons for God our Father to be exalted.

What does this exaltation do in us? It gives us the Spiritual submission to his greatness, power of love and self control; which the Holy spirit; who is the helper manifests to us and we draw near to his presence by praising God; worshiping God and exalting God.

What does it say about us? God also exalts those that exalt him.

Thank you Holy Spirit

Praise, real heartfelt adoration, releases the reality of God's majesty to our senses and innermost being. It brings us into closer relatioship with Him in a profound way. I can remember once during praise and worship at our church where we were just singing "Jesus" and we were so caught up in the worship that it was almost impossible to stop! I fully understood at that moment why the angels around the throne, cry Holy, Holy Holy...

We should exalt God because God inhabits the praises of His people! And it brings us into relationship with Him!

It says that we Love and honor and adore our Heavenly Father!!!!

In what way does praise exalt God? Why should we exalt God? What does this exaltation do in us? What does it say about us?

We exalt God to lift him up. By praising God, recognizing his greatness, his total power and control, it helps us to keep a right focus. To show proper respect and admiration for God.

It gives Him the honor and glory due His Holy Name from those whom He has redeemed from the pit and freed from the slavery of sin.

Why should we exalt God?

Because He is worthy and if we don't the rocks! will cry out because His Name WILL be praised on this earth. If we don't we are ungrateful, insensitive, and uncaring about what He has done for us.

It reminds us of who He is and who we are in Him and what He delivered us from and it puts in us a positive focus in a dark world.

That we love Him and desire to see His name glorified here as it is in heaven.

Our Praise is pleasant to God it lifts him up and lets him know we believe he is the one and only true God. He is worthy of all Praise and we know he is ruler and over us and all this earth. We give him honor and glory which he deserves and we need to do this often as we can out loud as David did and in our minds when not able to speak out. God is worthy of all Praise. :rolleyes:

Why should we exalt God?

Because is is our King our Lord our Master. He gave his son so we can have life with him one day.(Which I believe will be soon) He is everything to us and he does all good things for us. We should never think we can make it alone because he is the creator of this world and all that is within it. Yes even us he is my Lord my God. He is Holy and for all the days of my life I shall exalt his Holy name. He is Greatness, Power and Glory,Majesty, and Splendor he is my all and all.

"Glorify the Lord with me;

let us exalt his name together." (Psalm 34:3)

Praise leads us into the throne room. The very presence of God. It opens us up to feel his presence in us and around us. When the praises go up the blessing come down from God. Not that we are worthy of anything but it is God showing his love toward us. We need to talk with him often and praise him without ceasing for he is worthy he is our Lord our God the Almighty God. Hallelujah. :wub:

It says our faith is in God our hope is in God. All we are is because of who God is in us and too us. He is Mighty and Merciful. Wonderful and Awesome there are not enough words in our english language to exalt him the way we really should. Still the words we have we need to cry out to him in praise for he is so worthy of each and every one of them. Praise the Lord forever and ever for such greatness is he. :D