JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Accountability and Judgment

Q4. How do you think Jesus will hold you personally accountable on Judgment Day for using your "talents"? If you begin to be more faithful from now on, how do you think that may affect his accounting on that Day?

Answer:

1.How do you think Jesus will hold you personally accountable on Judgment Day for using your "talents"?

Jesus has enable us to do the things that He wants us to do,according to His Perfect Will.

This

Q4. How do you think Jesus will hold you personally accountable on Judgment Day for using your "talents"?

Jesus will hold me accountable for the use of the talents He gave me, based upon my stewardship. I believe He is not necessarily looking to see if I completed the task, which of course is "VERY" important, but I believe more than anything, He is watching to see how I managed what He gave me, and did I take it seriously. Also did I watch over it, nuture it, care for it by developing it. I think when develop and show good stewardship, He is well pleased. This is apparent in the in this parable about the talents. More than anything, I believe He (the Master) was upset with the slave who had the one talent because the slave didn't even make an effort to develop the one talent that was given him. I believe our Heavenly Father is always more pleased with quality than quantity, while quantity is important, quality is even better.

If you begin to be more faithful from now on, how do you think that may affect his accounting on that Day?

I can only pray that my stewardship will continue to increase and grow for the remainder of the time on this earth. That said, it is my prayer, along with everyone else (I'm sure), that I will hear those wonderful words on the day of my personal judgement, "well done, they good and faithful servant, enter into the joy of the Lord." That's everyone ever talks about is hearing those resounding words. We all have to continue to work while it is day!!!!

Jesus will require every one of us to account for what he or she has done with our different talents. He will reward those who have put their talents to optimum use (service to God and man).

If I begin to be more faithful, God will give me more responsibilties. He will also reward me the crowns for my good service at the last day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

a)On judgement day,Jesus will bring to light the works a person has done. Fire will test the quality of mans work& faith in Jesus. If it survives, he will receive reward. If it is burned up, he will suffer loss & only escape through the flames if genuinely repent.huh.gif B)Being more faithful from now on, trusting God more & being more obedient to serve God by using resources/gifts given wisely to reach others ¬ hiding them,will improve accounting on this day. smile.gif

Q4. How do you think Jesus will hold you personally accountable on Judgment Day for using your "talents"? If you begin to be more faithful from now on, how do you think that may affect his accounting on that Day?

I am not sure on how Jesus will judge me for I am not yet sure of my talents. however, I believe that by keeping praying hard, Jesus will open my mind to enable my awareness of my talents and enter the kingdom of God.

• 1 month later...

Q4. How do you think Jesus will hold you personally accountable on Judgment Day for using your talents? If you begin to be more faithful from now on, how do you think that may affect his accounting on that Day?

Each day (well, every so often) I renew my committment to use my abilities in Christ's service and in the service of those he has created (which is everyone!). And I often fail to do my best. I trust that God's love for his creation, manifested in his gift of his Son, is enough to make up for my failings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Q4. How do you think Jesus will hold you personally accountable on Judgment Day for using your "talents"?

I think he will test me to see how I used the "talents" he has given me.

If you begin to be more faithful from now on, how do you think that may affect his accounting on that Day?

This may positively his acounting on that day as we will be justified by our faith.

• 1 month later...

Q4. How do you think Jesus will hold you personally accountable on Judgment Day for using your �talents�?

God will reward, not only for our works, but our faithfulness and obedience.

I will definitely stand the test and will receive a great reward.

• 9 months later...

How do you think Jesus will hold you personally accountable on Judgment Day for using your "talents"?

We will be judged for how well we used our tallents and the responcibility we receive, our heavenly rewards, will be given to us as we deserved it, as a judgement of how well we applied out tallents we received.

This is where confusion between salvation and rewards come in. When we accept Christ as our Saviour we receive eternal life. Nothing we do as work give us eternal life, it is grace and mercy if we accept Christ, repent and declare our sin and forgive others. Then we begin to earn rewards. Doesn't matter when you start, it is how much you do, how dedicated and focused you are. The longer you wait the less you have done. The less focused you are the less you have done. How much you earn is your choice.

• 4 months later...

The very concepts of judgment and reward create the demand for accountability. There would logically be greater reward for those servants who have faithfully sought to obey the Master's Word, keep humble hearts submitted to Him, cooperate with the Spirit’s work to develop His holy character in us, and give up self to serve according to His leading and empowerment. Part of that, over a lifetime, is the process of discovering all that each of us is created to be – including the fullness of our innate abilities/talents and our spiritual giftings, with the growing/maturing commitment to use them all for God’s glory.

On Judgment Day, what Christ will be examining for believers is ultimately the heart ♥ with which we have lived for Him. Knowing that “love” is an action word, did our lives actively reflect the love we have claimed to have for our Savior? Were we willing to sacrifice self in order to use all He has given us to accomplish all He has called us to do? Our deeds and works will be tested by fire to prove out the quality of what they have been made of – the enduring substance of the Spirit in us or the perishable efforts of the desires, thoughts, intentions of the flesh. Only what has been built on the foundation Christ has laid will survive to receive full reward.

We should never decide to be faithful with the motive of gaining greater reward (this itself would be perishable wood, hay, or straw), but what a call to renewed submission and cooperation with the Spirit and the Word! Honest and faithful hearts WILL be richly rewarded in order to bring greater glory and honor to Christ. Why wouldn't I want that?!!

• 7 months later...

How Jesus will hold me personally accountable for the use of my talents, I can’t specifically say how or what He will do except to say that He will give me my just due whatever that may be and rewards may also be few.  At this moment, I just want to hear Him say to me “well done my good and faithful servant”.  

• 11 months later...

We will be held accountable on Judgment Day if we waste what we were given. l If you use what you are given and are faithful you will be rewarded.  God knows the true faithful and what is in your heart.

• 1 year later...

How do you think Jesus will hold you personally accountable on Judgment Day for using your "talents"?  I would hope with "mercy."  I probably hadn't invested the Lord's "talents," in some cases, wisely.  Maybe even attempted to bury some.  Yet, there is hope that I will take a honest inventory, and risk more or all.  Just how much is the Kingdom worth?  The risk of all?

If you begin to be more faithful from now on, how do you think that may affect his accounting on that day?  I would hopefully think--better.