JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Blaming and Resisting God

1) Why did Moses blame God for his troubles?

1) Moses was blaming God for it was God who sent Moses to Pharaoh.I feel that everyone in this narrative

that all had something to learn.

It has been said that nothing good comes easy and patience is a virtue. God was trying to build character

in Moses and reveal more of Himself to the Hebrews as well as to the Pharaoh and his kingdom. Moses probably

thought he was just going to walk in, tell the Pharaoh what God said and that would be the end of the story.

Pharaoh didn't know nothing of the God of the Hebrews. In his eye he was a god himself over the subjects of his

kingdom. Since the Pharaoh refused to let the Israelites go and placed more of a workload on them Moses began to

feel defeated from the start. So there goes Moses like most of us running like a puppy with its tail between

its legs. God doesn't wear a timepiece strapped to His wrist for He is the creator of time.The lessons to be

learned would take just that, time. In the end all involved would finally submit that God is the one and only

and is Lord over His creation.

2)Why are Moses ans Aaron so stubborn, do you think? Was it fear? was it unbelief? Or both perhaps?

2)It probably was a mixture of both. This was a whole new ball game. Neither of the two had taken on anything

like this before. This was more than they could bear. Short on faith with disbelief the idea of backing out

probably ran through their minds. God who knows us better than we know ourselves, knew that both Moses and Aaron

were the right men for the job.It was going to take for both of them to realize that God was with them and

eventually learn that they could place all their in God, as He kept true to His word in all that He said that

he would do.

3) Why does god have to command Moses and Aaron?

3) God gave the command because Moses and Aaron both were hesitant to do God's will. God had a plain in which He

choose the both of them to execute. To refuse would only lead to squander in which God's anger could be kindled.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moses blamed God because of mistrust, not understanding some of God's character and because God wasn't moving along with "his" timetable. He assumed because things didn't "pan out" like he thought they would in his own mind, that God had let him down! He hadn't learned yet, that God is faithful, but He is also all knowing and can be trusted to do things GOD'S way.

Moses and Aaron were stubborn from both fear and unbelief. They were thinking "what do we do now?" when the results were less than glorious. They were afraid of the outcome they had seen and what it meant and perhaps were a little taken aback at the circumstances they found themselves and the people in. (I'm sure they had preconceived ideas of how God was going to accomplish everything) They had unbelief in God's way in it and were not trusting in Him for HIS results....HIS way....in HIS time.

Thus, God COMMANDS them. A command is a "My way" kind of deal. They needed to know His character. Not in a bad way, but that HE knew best as to how to get things accomplished. It's His glory we see! Because He's God!

How like so many of the circumstances we find ourselves in! :)

Q1. (Exodus 7:6-7) Why did Moses blame God for his troubles? Why are Moses and Aaron so stubborn, do you think? Was it fear? Was it unbelief? Or both, perhaps? Why does God have to command Moses and Aaron?

Blaming God for all our troubles started in the Garden of Eden when sin first entered the world. Eve blamed the serpent for giving her the fruit. Adam blamed Eve for having eaten the fruit. Disobeying God is a personal choice therefore, we should take that responsibility. Obedience is very important with God if we have to have a relationship with Him and trusting Him of what He can do for us. Moses and Aaron were both overwhelmed with the kind of responsibility God placed on them. It is just fear and lack of faith that they were both hesitant to take the responsibility. However, the rod that God gave them, tells them that God is with them. God commanded Moses and Aaron to accomplish His goal of delivering His people from Egyptian bondage.

Q1. (Exodus 7:6-7) Why did Moses blame God for his troubles?

I do not see Moses blaming Jehovah, I see Moses asking, wanting to know why He allowed this to happen as he came to Pharaoh in the LORDS name, so why did He not rescue them?

Moses blamed the Pharaoh 5:23 for since I came to Pharaoh to speak in thy name, he hath done evil to this people; neither hast thou delivered thy people at all.

Why are Moses and Aaron so stubborn, do you think, Was it fear? Was it unbelief? Or both, perhaps?

What I think is I do not see Moses as being stubborn, and I do not see fear or unbelief as their motivation.

What I think is - I see Moses full of faith going before Jehovah, God Almighty, One to be feared, for any leader to be a great leader, one must go the its commander and find out the reasons for the results, and situations that they find themselves in; what I do think is I see a great relationship between Moses and his God, this meek man, who did not want to be this leader, did so because he loved God, seen by his obedience, found himself going before the one true God having to inquire, why? Gods ways are not our ways.

Why does God have to command Moses and Aaron?

God is their commander and chief, therefore He charged them to go comfort His people, direct them on what they should do, and how they should behave under these tough circumstances, assure them that they will be delivered.

I think by God reminding them of their genealogy, from whom they descended, and the covenant and promises that God made to Israel, was so they would understand, this charge was really a charge of honor.

The charge was also given that they go to Pharaoh and make another demand upon him to let Israel go, the command could only be followed and obeyed through their faith until it is finished.

Q1. (Exodus 7:6-7) Why did Moses blame God for his troubles? Why are Moses and Aaron so stubborn, do you think? Was it fear? Was it unbelief? Or both, perhaps?

Moses and Aaaron were afraid for their lives. They faced a "Queen Esther Moment". Pharoah could whack them dead, instantly, anytime they appeared before him and said something he did not like. So it took courage to do God's will in the face of possible death. They weren't stubborn, they knew the danger of their obedience.

Jim Elliot continued to fly into the area of Ecuador where the Waodani Indians lived...because he felt God had called him to bring the gospel to these people, even though they might kill him. That's courage. They did eventually kill him and his co-workers. Later his wife, Elizabeth, returned to Ecuador...to evangelize the people that had killed her husband, almost certainly risking her own life. That's couragageous faith.

In China, I understand, that commitment to following Jesus even in the face of death is a pre-requisite for baptism.

As Christians, and certainly as leaders, we need to be willing to "take up the cross", which means the call of God even if it is the road that leads to death. Just like Jesus did. I think Aaron and Moses had to swallow a few times before they could honestly make that commitment. That's the hiccup we see in their reluctance to appear again before Pharoah.

Every one of Jesus' disciples had to make that same commitment. They had to commit to the road ahead even if it lead to some horrific death for the sake of spreading the gospel. That's commitment. That's courage.

But how does faith fit into the equation?

When faced with this dangerous situation... to appear before someone who could kill you,

to take the Gospel to a place no one has gone before,

to take the gospel to an Arab nation where sharing the gospel of Jesus is punishable by death or imprisonment,

to go to a place where there is sickness and disease,

the apostle of Jesus needs to say,

a) "God, this is dangerous, but because you are God and in control I will not fear and know you will protect me" ....or...

b ) "Should I die in the attempt to do your will it is your will that I die in this attempt and I accept that."

That's faith! Praise God for the many who have this faith and are spreading the gospel in dangerous places. Praise God for Aaron and Moses who also had this faith to ultimately appear before Pharoah and obey God's will by aksing for the release of the Hebrew captives.

What a beautiful word on "faith" and obedience to God.

Q1. (Exodus 7:6-7) Why did Moses blame God for his troubles? Why are Moses and Aaron so stubborn, do you think? Was it fear? Was it unbelief? Or both, perhaps? Why does God have to command Moses and Aaron?

We all have allot to learn about growing up in this life. Some are sooner learners and some are later learners. It's in the journey and I feel God is the leader. I think Moses and Aaron are angry as all of us-a liitle insecure or not ever been called to stand up and be all they can be after all we aren't the most well-thought of people-the top of the race or the smartest or the richest we are the downtrodden, the one's who are on the top of our game. Yes I believe it was fear or unbelief both/or accurate since he comes to the weakened and considered the bottom class of people. We are neither but we are thought of in this manner. I remember when I was very sick I would tell my family if someone would show me how I would make it in this world and I meant it. I never believed it would happen to me but I knew if my chance would ever come which it did and I did with the Master's help. At first when he did I still had the mindset of not being able to withstand today's problems, but I broke it down into minutes, then hours, then days called living in the now so I can accomplish anything for a second. To make a commitment to another-takes allot of encouragement and support and if you are given this and still whine and carry on it makes the other angry thus God's anger on a bigger scale.

Moses blamed God because he had obeyed Him and it didn't turn out the way he was expecting. He took it personally--not realizing it was God they were rebelling against.

They were stubborn because they thought it a personal attack on themselves. Sure, they were fearful--they were looking at their abilities, not God's. Unbelief? Sure, they did what God said & didn't get the results they thought they'd get. God's commanding of Moses & Aaron gave them a chance of obeying without question & without trust in themselves.

We do not like to take the blame for anything. Moses was no different in blaming God, because God had told him to go talk to Pharoh. We know that when we are blamed for something that punishment is not far behind. Moses did not like it when the leaders of the people blamed him for their harder work.

Moses and Aaron were stubborn because they did not like being on the end of the problem and no one liked them. They were wishing that someone would turn the situation around so that they would not have to give in.

I believe it was a little fear of not getting the "right" answer from Phoraoh and then not being respected by their own people. In our own stubbornness, we will not do something we do not want to do unless it is demanded or commanded for us to do it.

Why did Moses blame God for his troubles?

Blame it on Human Nature.

Why are Moses and Aaron so stubborn, do you think? Was it fear? Was it unbelief? Or both, perhaps?

I think their stubborn because man is stubborn, and also they feared for the unknown.

He needed to get HIS message across, to get what is needed to be done, done.

There are times when we are being obedient to God, things get worse than better. This was the case with Moses. The work had gotten harder for his people. And of course he blame God. We can be stubborn when the situation is not going our way. Who are we to question God? Maybe it was a little of both, fear and unbelief. Sometime what we have to do can be over whelming. God had to command them to go on and do what He told them to do and He would be with them. We have to go on even if we are feeling fear.

We can not judge Moses and Aaron because we often time find ourselves in the same position. There are time obedient is easy and again it can be hard. However we look at it all is working for our good.

I don't think that Moses and Aaron were much different from most of us today,expecting instant replys to our prayers and questions, which are not always the case. We also often feel that we have been left alone or are been punished for something we have done when things appear to be working against us.

"His ways are not our ways and His time is outside of ours".I think we often try to pre-empt Gods will and plan for our lives, and are expectant of what we precive to be the right way.Our trust and understanding is what gets in our way.

Oh Lord give me the insight and wisdom to allow You to lead and me to trust.

Moses blamed God for his troubles as he did not understand the diversion tactic of the Pharaoh. The Pharaoh managed to trick the Israelite elders and in turn the elders turned on Moses as the cause of all troubles.

I think Moses and Aaron are stubborn because of both fear and unbelief. They see the Pharaoh has become more harder on the Israelites and the elders are turning against them. But again they still hesistate to belief that, God will deliver them, despite all the troubles.

God had to command Moses and Aaron to show His authority and to ensure that His plan to rescue the Israelites is fulfilled.

Perhaps Moses blamed God because things did not work out the way he acticipated. He may have been expecting 'instant results' for the task at hand. For me, this is good news. God forgive me for doubting your Word when things do not turn out the way I expected or take longer than I anticipated. In your perfect timing do I gain faith and patience. Moses and Aaron are stubborn when they are met with, yet more tribulation. They want to 'throw in the towel' when things don't go their way. It is a stubborness that seems to stem from, 'well, that didn't work. I'd rather do nothing than do this wrong.' They were depending on things to go their way more than depending on the Word of God. God knows His perfect plan; He has revealed to us the whole story, from beginning to end. He knows that an unbelieving heart needs to be taught that following the will of God requires trials and tribulations. Only in testing does our faith grow. God has to command His will to show Moses and Aaron that as the Lord speaks, so shall it be.

Moses was called upon by God Himself and now he was blamed by the people for making troubles. Yes, he was having fear,unbelief and even confused of why he do this thing without appreciation.

Moses blamed God for his troubles because God sent him to Pharaoh. I think Moses and AAron were neither scared nor was it unbelief. They just plain did not listen to God. He told them they would be refused but that part went over their heads. We are all stuborn. God just had to rearange their way of thinking.

Moses blamed God for his trouble because most of the time when something goes wrong we always for some reason blame the one that is over us.

I think that Moses and Aaron was stubborn beause of fear and unbelief here we have men that was going by a voices to do these things when they got in front of pharoah they was afraid that everything they said was not going to happen because of they unbelief. They was also afraid of pharoah for the people that had come to free and also the power that this king had.

God had to command them because of the stubborness.

Moses was distracted by the people. He was influenced by the people (foremen) who were blaming him (Moses) for their troubles. In turn, Moses turned to God and started to question God. He allowed himself to be manipulated. We see with our natural eyes and many times, our first response is to question God. This could stem from a lack of faith, fear, unbelief or may be even disobedience. God will reason and encourage but up to a certain point God will command. After repeated attempts, Moses and Aaron were still refusing to bring God's word to Pharoah. God had no choice but to command them to do so.

Moses blames God because he (Moses) is put in a hot soup for what God has commanded him to do. Pharoah on one side turns the Israelite foremen against Moses who blame Moses for the trouble he has brought upon them, and are now resisting his instructions. Moses and Aaron appear to be stubborn because of fear. Pharoah cannot take instructions of God from them and the Israelites are restless of the sudden increase of hardlabor imposed upon them. God had to command Moses and Aaron because there a decree to be carried out and they were the chosen few, to lead it, no matter how tough it was for them.

Why did Moses blame God for his troubles? Why are Moses and Aaron so stubborn, do you think? Was it fear? Was it unbelief?

Although Moses is well advanced in years, I see him as a relatively "young" believer. The miracles he witnesses in his life come AFTER this point. (Argumentatively, his own life is a miracle, but he was a baby when that happened) Remember, Moses has been a shepherd because he killed a man for beating up a Hebrew. Now, because of his request of Pharaoh to let the Israelites go, his foremen are being beaten and his people are being subject to even harder slave labor than previously. His heart is breaking for his people, and he has "little" life experience is miracles, let's say, to be bold and courageous. So, his answer is to blame God, forget his promises, etc. Oh, ye of so little faith! But, I can't blame Moses, because I have found myself playing the same blame game for much less than going against a tyrant and having an entire race of people angry at me. Moses stubborn? No. Moses scared? Most definitely! Unbelief? Not in God, but in God's power.

I feel God has to command Moses and Aaron because it's good parenting on God's part! Sometimes our "children" refuse to do the right thing, whether out of stubborness or fear. As a mother, I know my child must do the right thing in order to come out on the other side in victory, or as a stronger, moral person. God knew the means and outcome of the Exodus. Moses and Aaron just needed that kick from behind to get them to the other side. [/font]

Moses blamed God for his troubles because he was following the instructions of God and if not for the instructions given by God, he would not have been inclined to speak to Pharaoh and make such demands.

Moses' and Aaron's stubbornness are born out of both fear and unbelief. Neither greater than the other.

God has to command Moses and Aaron because they are refusing to following the path that is being laid out for them, they are resisting because the fear and unbelief they have is becoming a stumbling block that God has to remove.

Moses blamed god for his troubles because God had sent him to Egypt to free his people from bondage, but Pharoah refused, and treated them worse then before, and so the Hebrews blamed Moses for making such a request. Moses and Aaron are stubborn because they were resisted God's command, and not willing to be obey the instructions that God had given them.

God needs to tell Moses and Aaron, in no uncertain terms, what they must do. There is no argument that they can win against God. If Moses and Aaron were leaders for God, then he expects them to follow his instructions, no matter how hard. It's not a good sign when he needs to tell them the equivalent of, "Because I'm the mother, that's why!"

God has taken Moses and Aaron to the "woodshed" for a whipping. But finally, to their credit, they obey.

1. The people were blaming Moses for their situation worsening, work harder, beatings etc. Moses tried to defend himself by passing the blame on to God.

2,3,4,5 Fear and self doubt. Possibly some doubt, even though God was talking to them, instructing them, they possibly could not see Gods will coming true thru them, lowly shepards. They probably doubted their ability to stand up to the Israelites and Pharoah, so showed some doubt in God. It is hard to do Gods will when you feel doubt, even a little.

6. To get them to obey Him. They were still arguing, making excuses.

Q1. (Exodus 7:6-7) Why did Moses blame God for his troubles? Moses took instructions directly from God and no one else. I believe Moses blame God out of his own frustration. God gave a command and Moses obeyed, but many times it seemed as though his obedience cause bigger problems, however; we know that God is not a man that he should lie, if he said it, he'll do it, its just a matter of time and God continually reminded Moses that he would fulfill his word and deliver the Israelites. Why are Moses and Aaron so stubborn, do you think? Their reluctance came from a combination of both fear and unbelief. Fear and unbelief are enemies of Faith and when you walk in fear and unbelief it will hinder your ability to receive what God has for you. As children of God, it may not be easy, but we must learn to walk by faith and not by sight! Was it fear? Was it unbelief? Or both, perhaps? Why does God have to command Moses and Aaron? Whenever God has an assignment for us, he will always give us instructions or a command or a charge to go forth. Such is the case with Aaron and Moses, God never wants his servants to guess, so he makes his charge or command clear always!