JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Blaming and Resisting God

Q1. (Exodus 7:6-7) Why did Moses blame God for his troubles? Why do you think Moses and Aaron are so stubborn? Was it fear? Was it unbelief? Or both, perhaps? Why does God have to command Moses and Aaron?

lesson 2 Q1. He counld see the out come and everyone kept blamming him why they were in the postion they were in .

Q2.Things didnt gothe way they wanted it right away they had to suffer a little.they couldnt doubt they had to believe so god could use them for his glory.

Q3.When ther faith was buildt up and god commanded themthey acted on his word god showed up and showed out and pharoah let them go.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Biblical principal is:

'Begin with people or circumstances and you will have the wrong perspective of God. buf if you begin with God...you will have the right perspective of people and circumstances.'

moses and aaron began with the people and their circumstances first, but finally started to begin with God. their perspective immediately changed.

• 3 months later...

Why did moses blame god for his troubles> He was very reluctant and when pharaoh would not let the people of God go then moses took most of the blame,he in turn blamed god for putting him in such a position. He was so afarid and didnt want to continue but God then took control and reminded him to see the same visions that he does for the israelites.

Why do you think moses and aaron was so stubborn,was it fear or what>

They was so stubborn cause they didnt have the patience necessary to see far into the future didnt have the same visions that god wass going to show him. Moses also knew that he had a speech impedient so he was constantly making excuses which god wasnt going to tolerate it.

It was God who called Moses to go to Pharaoh and tell him the message. I guess that Moses expected that if God told him to do something he should be succesfull. But God's plan was different and Moses left the Pharaoh with the feeling that he failed again and refused to continue.

The reasons for his stubborness are mixed - At first he did not know God well. His plans often totally differ from our expectations and what seems to be a failure from a short perspective makes perfect sence in a broad picture. And we have to learn it. He also did not remember God's word - God clearly said that Pharaoh would not listen. Therefore his explanation of the event probably was that something went wrong - God had not been him, or that he spoiled it, or that God did not have enough power to change Pharaoh's mind, etc.

At that situation God had to command Moses and Aaron to get them back on the track - He knew perfectly their hearts and probably they were in a state that something weaker would not be enough.

• 3 months later...

(Exodus 7:6-7) Why did Moses blame God for his troubles? Why are Moses and Aaron so stubborn, do you think? Was it fear? Was it unbelief? Or both, perhaps? Why does God have to command Moses and Aaron?

Why did Moses blame God for his troubles? As humans we all believe in instant and positive results. Moses did not achieve this. Instead the situation became worse, and of course, it is always easier to blame someone else. We are never at fault. We should stop and realize that as long as we are given a task, the responsibility is on us to get it done with patience and tolerance with the help of God.

Why are Moses and Aaron so stubborn, do you think? Was it fear? Was it unbelief? Or both, perhaps?

Getting instructions from God would mean immediate results for them. This did not happen. Moses and Aaron did not have the faith as yet to deal with God. Faith comes by hearing the word of God. I believe it was unbelief.

Why does God have to command Moses and Aaron? The word of the Lord will not return empty. Whatever the Lord says, that he will do. The work of the Lord had to be done

• 1 month later...

1a)Moses had followed God’s instructions,but it had brought trouble for Israelite slaves, & he reacted from human frustration when Israelites angry under pressure by slave drivers from Pharoah’s excessive demands e.g more bricks no provision of hay, so went back God to say what now?

b)They are looking to their perception of what they think they can do, rather than being obedient & trusting God

c)They were caught between angry Israelities & Pharoah.Fear & unbelief possibly that God could enable them to lead the angry Israelites on.

d)He has to assert his authority, to show Moses & Aaron that he wasn’t relenting with his request to ignore Pharoah’s protest and persist with his request.God wants faithfulness from us, whether we are successful or not.

• 1 month later...

Q1. (Exodus 7:6-7) Why did Moses blame God for his troubles? HUMAN NATURE.

Why do you think Moses and Aaron are so stubborn? THEY COULD NOT SEE PAST THERE OWN POWER.

Was it fear? Was it unbelief? Or both, perhaps? BOTH

Why does God have to command Moses and Aaron? THEY DID NOT HAVE THE INFINITE WISDOM GOD HAD TO KNOW THAT GOD HAD IT COVERED.

• 1 year later...

Q1. (Exodus 7:6-7) Why did Moses blame God for his troubles? Why do you think Moses and Aaron are so stubborn? Was it fear? Was it unbelief? Or both, perhaps? Why does God have to command Moses and Aaron?

Pharaoh increased the workload of the Israelites because of the words of God that  Moses and Aaron spoke to Pharaoh concerning "letting God's people go" that they would hold a feast to God in the wilderness. It seems Moses did not trust that God would do what He said He would do...that also brought about some fear. 

Moses and Aaron didn't believe Pharaoh would listen to them, because their own people would not listen to them. Therefore, God commanded the two (Moses and Aaron) to go.

Moses' troubles began when he became God's spokesman to Pharaoh.  It put him in direct conflict with Pharaoh and the Hebrews. I don't think Moses and Aaron were stubborn.  I think they thought that they were in way over their heads in dealing with Pharaoh and the Hebrews. They felt inadequate to do the job and way out in deep water.  They had not at this point put their full faith and trust in God to empower them.  So they were both fearful and to an extent unbelieving.

God had to get firm with Moses and Aaron to get them moving.  Unless they got moving in the direction God wanted them to move, God could not show them exactly what He could do.  God wanted to show Moses what He could do.

• 10 months later...

Moses was distressed and burdened with an assignment that he hadn't encountered before. The people were complaining and placing the blame on Moses while grumbling about everything else. Moses and Aaron were not sure where they were headed in the direction God was giving them and saw a situation through their eyes and not God's. When we are afraid to go forward we focus blame somewhere else as an excuse for not moving in any direction.  I believe there was fear in the both of them but they also lacked understanding of what was happening here and why. God had to command the both of them to get them out of their unbelief in finding a positive ending in this and just do as He said because He is God and they were to be obedient no matter what the outcome. Our Father knows best but we forget that sometimes and struggle with Him when we struggle from the inside of ourselves.

• 3 months later...

Moses blamed God for his troubles because the people started complaining after the Israelites received backlash from Pharaoh when Moses and Aaron first went to him. Moses also probably didn't think or want the response he got from Pharaoh and when he did, Moses became discouraged. Moses and Aaron sound stubborn but I believe it is just fear and disbelief. God commands like the Father and Omniscient and Sovereign God He is. As a leader, you can't be passive when giving directives. You must confidently command or it won't be done. 

• 11 months later...

I believe Moses was blaming God because he was reluctant to take on the assignment in the first place saying he was not qualified. As we learnt in the first lesson, his lack of confidence in himself to be able to fulfil this call is what we are seeing here again... So the blame ls like an "I told you to use someone else" reminder. When we forget that God is Sovereign and planned our end to our beginning , knows every pitfall and every outcome and already made provision before we were created, we tend to blame when things don't go as we expected. We, unlike Moses and the Isrealites have the privilege of knowing Romans 8:28 so that even when things go unexpected we can take comfort that all things will work together for our good.

I don't think Aaron and Moses doubted God but they were probably afraid of backlash from the people. More concerned about the people , I mean how can you say you are hearing God and being sent by God and things are now getting worse instead of being better? Their labour now harder just because of Moses and Aaron.

God had to command them to show that there is no alternative or negotiation on this matter. Besides when God says BE! it is! So I'm sure when He commanded by His word, the word did the job in their heart and they succumbed .

• 1 year later...

Exodus 7:6-7,

1. Moses blame God because he lacks the courage to stand before Pharaoh to negotiate the freedom of the Israelites .

2. Moses and Aaron were not stubborn, they were only afraid and discouraged to stand before Almighty Pharaoh as the time when the kingdom was the most powerful in the world.

3. God commands Moses and Aaron in order to boost their faith in him (God).

• 1 year later...

Moses blamed God for his troubles because he was being blamed by the Israelites for theirs additional work and woes so it was a matter or passing on the blame to the one who is in charge in the first place.  Moses is impatient and discouraged with being told no by Pharaoh, he is expecting his task to be done with no trouble not realizing that God is testing him and teaching them all a lesson. God has allow Moses and Aaron to become stubborn, as well as Pharaoh to show his might and to show them his greatness and that no matter what obstacles,  His will is done, not theirs.  God gives them the choice to obey without complaint, and the chance to trust him to do what he has asked and in their failure to do so, he finally commands them which takes their choice away!  Now it is a commandment that they do the word of God!  there are no NO's to that!

• 4 weeks later...

Moses blamed God for his troubles because God was the one telling him what to do!!  Unknowingly, and not realizing or understanding that God had harden Pharaoh's heart, so that he would not obey his command which Moses was given.  In 7: 3 God tells Moses that he has hardened Pharaoh's heart, but Moses is so distraught and discourage that he totally overlooks this.  It is God's plan to teach Moses a lesson of being patient and to persevere even in difficult times.  They expected for Pharaoh to obey God's command without delay and when that didn't happen, they became discourage and disillusioned.  The more they demanded, the harder Pharaoh became.  All in Gods plan!!!  God does things in his own time, not in man's time.  We must learn to be patient and faithful in waiting on God and trusting in him to fulfil his promises as he said he would do.  God finally commands them to do what he tells them to do, taking all authority from them and inserting his dominance and power and authority over them, they have no choice but to d his will.  God gives us choices in some things, but ultimately his will is done regardless.  It is always his will  not ours.  We forget this basic fact.

• 4 years later...

Q1. (Exodus 7:6-7)

Why did Moses blame God for his troubles?

Why are Moses and Aaron so stubborn, do you think? Was it fear? Was it unbelief? Or both, perhaps?

Why does God have to command Moses and Aaron?

God had called Moses , when he was minding his own business looking after his father-in-law's sheep,  to leave that life behind him and to go back to Egypt and lead the Hebrews out of Egypt.  (out of bondage and slavery)

Moses had reluctantly gone and together with his older brother Aaron, had appeared before Pharaoh.  Instead of Pharaoh complying to their requests he had made things harder for the people.   Now the people , whose trust Moses has tried to win, are coming against Moses.  Now you have Pharaoh against Moses and the people up in arms against Moses, he really found himself between a rock and a hard place and did not see his way forward.  The road ahead was clearly strewn with roses  not cut from the branches, but still on them,  as there were tons of thorns found among them.   Now both Aaron and Moses were hesitant to go back to Pharaoh. Would they lose the trust of the people completely.  Would Pharaoh have them killed?  I guess it was fear. They had expected a quick deliverance but God knew better what was needed. 

Because of their reluctance God eventually has to command them to go back to Pharaoh. 

• 1 year later...

I can understand Moses' anger toward God. After all, Moses DID obey and then things got worse. He did what God told him to do -- exactly. God had promised that the Israelites would be released, etc., but this did not happen. What was Moses supposed to think?

From Moses' perspective:

• He had heard God wrong. That's the first thing I would think if I were in Moses' predicament: I got it wrong. 
  • The timing was off. This is the second thing I would think if I were Moses, that I did the right thing at the wrong time.
  • Thirdly, If I were Moses, I'd question God's goodness. At this point, the faith-spiral downward would start. My faith would falter. I would say to myself, "I did the right thing ... I obeyed, but God didn't do His part."

Stubborn? What would make Moses think that God would pull through for him? He had, after all, been banished to the desert for 40 years without being rescued, so why would God suddenly change His stripes and stand behind Moses? Yes, he heard God's voice. His audible voice. That's pretty convincing, I would think, but then again, the evidence of the past 40 years would weigh against a voice, which could have been misinterpreted or, even, self-fabricated.

Only after God was unable to fully convince, reason with, cajole and comfort Moses did God resort to His command voice. Moses and Aaron were rational actors who had rightly worried they were getting this wrong, particularly after the initial acts of obedience had failed.