JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Treasured Possession

Q1. (Exodus 19:5; 1 Peter 2:9) From an emotional standpoint, what does it feel like to take out and look over one of your treasured possessions?

From an emotional standpoint, the feeling one may get when looking over a treasured possession is pride.

How was the idea of treasured possession fulfilled in Israel?

In Israel the idea of "treasured possession" was fulfilled by God making them, out of all nations, His treasured possession.

What does it feel like to be Gods treasured possession as we Christians clearly are according to 1 Peter 2:9?

To be God's treasured possession invokes a feeling of being "special."

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (Exodus 19:5; 1 Peter 2:9) From an emotional standpoint, what does it feel like to take out and look over one of your treasured possessions?

From an emotional standpoint, the feeling one may get when looking over a treasured possession is pride.

How was the idea of treasured possession fulfilled in Israel?

In Israel the idea of "treasured possession" was fulfilled by God making them, out of all nations, His treasured possession.

What does it feel like to be Gods treasured possession as we Christians clearly are according to 1 Peter 2:9?

To be God's treasured possession invokes a feeling of being "special."

Q1. (Exodus 19:5; 1 Peter 2:9) From an emotional standpoint, what does it feel like to take out and look over one of your treasured possessions? How was the idea of

Pride is what I feel when looking at my treasured possessions. Most would argue that children is our most treasured possession. Israel was God treasured possession and although there is pride like a child there is also disappointment in behavior. Being Gods treasured possession as christians gives us a sense of safety. Like having a parent provide for us and look after us.

From an emotional standpoint, what does it feel like to take out and look over one of your treasured possessions?

I don't really understand this question, if you are referring to an object to look upon as a treasured possession and express emotionally how it makes me feel. At this moment I cannot think of a thing, however there are some moments in time that I will forever treasure. When I first laid eyes upon my Beloved; when she joined me in matrimony; when she gave birth to our son; our son; when I came to know more about Christ; when I came to KNOW Christ; when I've had moments as the song writer said, "If Not For Grace"; moment when I realized if it had not been for His mercy; moments where I have experienced friendship. I don't know if that answers the question, but that's my best shot at doing so.

How was the idea of

Answering Q.1:From the emotional standpoints, I feel I own and have full right to take care, to offer and to give the good things or whatever I feel like in order to make such a treasured one(s) be happy or be always a noble thing(s) to my concepts.

For Israelites, they are specially chosen but they have to fully obey the commandments of God that the covenant will be honoured; and they accepted ( as I think ) " Everything the Lord has said, we will do " (Exodus 19:8). So I believe that the Israelites by the time of Moses had become the treasured possesion of God.

We, Christians, should be proud and feel being fortunate of being chosen, besides we should act or perform our lives as holy, as........( 1Peter 2:9 )to let the gentiles see and realize how lucky we are that they will follow us one day and be as worthy as us to receive the most valuable gifts as our Lord promised.

Q1. (Exodus 19:5; 1 Peter 2:9) From an emotional standpoint, what does it feel like to take out and look over one of your treasured possessions? How was the idea of

THAT IT CAME FROM GOD WHO HE CALLS ALL HIS. WE ARE HIS TRULY POSSESSIONS

BY OBEYING HIS COMMANDS AND KEEP HIS COVENANT THEY WILL BE HIS PECULIAR TREASURES ABOVE ALL PEOPLE.

WITH CHRIST'S VICTORY ON THE CROSS WE CAN COME DIRECTLY INTO GOD'S PRESENCE WITHOUT FEAR. IT IS AN AWESOME FEELING

• 2 weeks later...

Whenever I look at one of my treasured possessions from an emotional standpoint I feel blessed. I am thankful to God for allowing me to have these possesions in my life. Yet I am also reminded that they are only temporary. Only the treasure of salvation will last for eternity.

The idea of "treasured possession" was fulfilled in Israel when God made a covenant with the people.

It feels wonderful to be considered one of God's treasured possessions,knowing that He cares and wants the best for me.

From an emotional standpoint, it takes pride and love to take out and look over one of your treasured possessions. The idea of treasured possession was fulfilled in Israel as God pronounced it through Moses that ......"the Lord has chosen you to be His treasured possession," and also as God protected the Israelites against other nations. To be God's treasured possession feels like being truly loved, safe from all sorts of adversities, and blessed to succeed in every situation.

• 2 weeks later...

On an emotional level, a treasured possession holds great sentimental value and brings deep joy. It might be a reminder of someone dear, bring remembrance of a special experience in your life, or stir hopes and challenges for the future. It could be something expensive like a piece of jewelry handed down to you or something like a simple picture drawn by a preschool grandchild that says

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To take out and look over a treasured possession is an honor and a privilege to be able to watch over something valuable.

How was the idea of "treasured possession" fulfilled in Israel?

The idea of

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Q1. (Exodus 19:5; 1 Peter 2:9) From an emotional standpoint, what does it feel like to take out and look over one of your treasured possessions? How was the idea of �treasured possession� fulfilled in Israel? What does it feel like to be God�s treasured possession � as we Christians clearly are according to 1 Peter 2:9?

From an emotional standpoint great affection for the object as we think on how it was obtained or it's beauty or whatever attribute it has that is precious to us.

The Israelites were a chosen people through no doing of their own but wholly on God's doing to be His treasured possession and He was to be their treasured Lord, their God. Deuteronomy 4: 7,8.

It is hard to comprehend how a sinner like me could be His treasured possession however as I grow in Christ I understand more ,not on who I am but on who He is. Words cannot articulate, I can only say thank you God for who you are and for loving someone like me.

Thank you Jesus for accomplishing the work on the cross so that I might be your treasured possession.

Thank you, thank you thank you, Jesus!

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26