JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Royal Priests

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Answer to Q. 2: Priests in the old testament are media in making atonements for themselves first and then for the people of Israel; also to offer the sacrifices of Israelites to praise and to thank God.

In the senses of reconciliation, repentance and make atonement for myself first, then offering the sacrifices not only for me but also for my brethren as well.

I should proclaim the words of the Lord (Bible), His decrees and statutes in order to function as a priest.

To become a "royal priest" is to try to be holy (as our Father is Holy) by pleading and asking HIM to shower His Grace upon me to humbly repent, strengthen my faith, gain more Holy Love, accomplish my daily's duty as a good christian, to proclaim His Truth and being a good example (witness)to the gentiles.

I suppose I could improve my ways of daily's life by surrender to HIM more completely, pray more and asking for His support and boldly profess to the world of being His good disciple.

Q2. (Exodus 19:6; 1 Peter 2:9) What did priests do in the Old Testament? In what sense are you a priest? How do you function as a priest? In what sense are you a

What did priests do in the Old Testament?

There were many functions they were to perform, however mainly they were set apart to act as trusted representatives to God. They were to intercede, act as a liaison for and to all people beginning with those directly before them, extending to those indirectly before them.

In what sense are you a priest?

I am a Priest by faith; those like me who believe in God according to His Word are priest. I as well as others who believe have access to His presence of God through the sacrifice of the Lamb of God. Like an entrusted priest from the Old Testament, I have been set apart for God's service. The difference being I have access to God through Christ Jesus.

How do you function as a priest?

I make attempts to do so beginning at my home, not only studying to show myself approved but strive to put His Word into application. Striving to adhere to the Spirit

A PRIEST ACTED AS A INTERMEDIARY BETWEEN GOD AND SINFUL MAN.

BY TELLING OTHERS ABOUT CHRIST AND WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR YOU.

BY DOING UNTO OTHERS AS I WOULD HAVE THEM DO UNTO ME. YOUR PRIESTHOOD SHOULD BE HOW OTHERS SEE HOW YOU LIVE YOUR DAILY

LIFE.

BY TELLING OTHERS ABOUT CHRIST AND READING HIS WORD.

• 2 weeks later...

In the Old Testament,the priests were a group set apart for God's possession and service. They acted as God's representatives to the rest of the people.

We are priests in the sense that we have free access to God's presense through the blood of Christ.

We function as a priest in the sense that as Christians we share our faith with others who don't know God.

We are "royal" priests in the sense that we have been set apart for God's service. As believers we are a royal priesthood belonging to God.

One area where my priestly function needs to improve is,I need to share my faith with others more than what I do.

Q2. (Exodus 19:6; 1 Peter 2:9) What did priests do in the Old Testament? In what sense are you a priest? How do you function as a priest? In what sense are you a

Priests represented Yahweh to the people and mediated on behalf of the people to God. They were consecrated servants set apart and dedicated for unique sacred service. They fulfilled temple duties and led the people in worship and atonement before Yahweh through the offering of sacrifices.

We function as priests in the call to represent God to the world by our consecrated, set apart, dedicated lives. We are to point people to the Father through Christ the Son by the Holy Spirit. We

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Q2. (Exodus 19:6; 1 Peter 2:9) What did priests do in the Old Testament? In what sense are you a priest? How do you function as a priest? In what sense are you a �royal� priest? In what areas can your personal priestly function improve?

The priests ministered to God and to the people. They were an intermediary to act on behalf of the people and to come before God and bring sacrifices for the people as offerings for sin and also pleasing aromas to God as He saw their humble hearts before Him in obedience to His commands.

We are all priests now who are in Christ who are free to come into His presence through the blood of Christ shed for us on the cross, to worship, adore, love and to intercede for those we know and don't know who are in need of various helps and needs.

I am a child of the King. As the Israelies were a chosen people so are we who are in Christ. We are in Him and He is in us. What a mystery. God does more than just know us and be near. He is in us. How to comprehend.

In all areas and only through the help of the Holy Spirit who will help us improve in our priestly duties.

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

• 5 months later...

2a)The priests were mediators between people and Yahweh,offering sacrifices to atone for their sins. Numbers 18says the priests are Levites chosen to bear the responsibility for the work of the sanctuary,obeying God’s Law, atoning for sins ministering before The Tent of the Testimony.

B) 1 Peter 2:5-Yealso , as lively stones , are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer upspiritual sacrifices , acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. Through Jesus sacrifice he atoned for our sins past present &future, as believers we’re priests cleansed,chosen by God, to offer our bodies as living sacrifices,in the way he taught,shining his light for others to see.

c)As believers we function as priest by being a holy example, spending time in his presence learning & teaching others from his Word,God’s representatives,mediating for unbelievers who cannot approach the father direct,&bringing them God’s love,forgiveness hope and peace.

D)as believers we are chosen,called ,set apart,a holy nation,a people belonging to God,royal priests to our high King God our heavenly father,trusted with responsibility,to be light to others,set example, guide others to Jesus.

E)allow Spirit to work in me more,to gain more wisdom, knowledge,perseverance to care as priest to the flock in my care.

• 1 month later...

What did priests do in the Old Testament? INTERCEDE ON BEHALF OF GOD TO THE PEOPLE.

In what sense are you a priest? WITH KNOWLEDGE, DO THE SAME WITH THE UNSAVED.

How do you function as a priest? BIBLE STUDY TEACHER, RESPONDING TO PEOPLE'S INQUIRY, ETC.

In what sense are you a royal priest? AS A BELIEVER, I AM SET APART FOR GOD.

In what areas can your personal priestly function improve? DEVELOP MORE TOLERANCE FOR OTHERS.

• 1 year later...

The priests in the Old Testament were separated from the rest of the populous to serve God.  They conducted sacrifices on behalf of the people and conducted intercessory prayer for the Nation.  They honored God with their lives and service.  They were to live holy lives reflecting God.

As Christians, we serve many of the same functions.  We are to live holy lives in service to God.  Representing God, in Jesus Christ, to the world around us.  Making intercessory prayer for others,  presenting the gospel to the lost, and to be ministering spirits to those around us.

We are to honor God in our daily lives.

I can improve in all these areas.  Improvement is an ongoing thing.

The bottom line is that priests now and then honor God with every dimension of their lives and declare Him to the world around them beginning with their families. 

• 9 months later...

Q2. (Exodus 19:6; 1 Peter 2:9) What did priests do in the Old Testament? In what sense are you a priest? How do you function as a priest? In what sense are you a royal priest? In what areas can your personal priestly function improve? 

Priests in the Old Testament offered sacrifices for sins of the people. My sins have already been paid for by the sacrifice of the life of Jesus Christ. I function as a priest by offering myself daily in service to the good news of this. How can I improve? As He continues to work in me I shall do more to accurately, positively and lovingly spread the news of my high Priest as one of His.

• 3 years later...

Priest were chosen by God to be an earthly link between Him and man.  They were servants who lived a life of holiness and righteousness in order to be able to communicate to God for man, since man was sinful.  They were to instruct the people in all things holy according to God's word.  They were intercessors between God and man.  As a Christian I have chosen to serve God as a priest, to direct souls to his throne.  I am to live my life according to His will and His purpose to show others the way to salvation.  Jesus is our intercessor to God and we are to tell the world of Jesus who is God's son, sent to earth to redeem us from sin.  We are to be servants or priests to tell a dying soul how to be saved and gain eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.