JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Wrap Up Question

Pastor Ralph

What convictions has God formed in you through this "Vision for the Church" Bible Study that will make a difference on how you think about, value, and act toward your own local congregation? Towards the greater Church around the world?

1. God is supreme over all. We are seated with Christ by Grace. 2.The Church is Christ's body on earth. 3.The Church is a family, a dwelling place for God. 4.For unity we need humility, gentleness,patcience,forebearence and love. 5.We all need to work together to build up the body of Christ. 6.As a church we need to submit to Christ.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for being slow to reply to the Vision for the Church evaluation, I have just had a death in the immediate family and I put a lot of things onto the rather small back burner.....

As to the Vision for the Church I have so far and I have not finished reading all the material yet.... I have found this be great and making me wonder sometimes where I or more to the point how I can read a verse and not see IT at ALL untill I have it explained.... I have printed out the material and refer back to it as a very useful resource... MANY THAKS, Gordon the KIWI KID (New Zealand)

• 3 weeks later...

It has really been a blessing to read all the messages posted and to go through all the lessons. I know that I have gained a lot out of these five weeks. Perhaps one of the most important lessons I learnt through out the weeks is the realisation of the power and position of the church in the spritual realm and my role as a christain. It is also worth noting that every one of us had been blessed with His gift to build His Kingdom as one body.

It has been a blessing to me and am sure will revise the whole teaching again from my printouts to digest it once and again.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

• 2 weeks later...

Pastor Wilson,We are a part of something that I'm truely humbled by,as I really can't grasp the fortune of being made part of the Church.I just praise God I can be part of the body of Christ,and pray that I keep growing,and at least try to be worthy. Folks like you are an enormous help and I'm truely thankful. in Jesus,Troy

Dear Pastor Ralph,I love your insights,knowledge,and heart.I simply have to ask,do you have any writings,commentaries or anything on the book of Hebrews? I may,or must not have my e-mail settup properly if I was to answer questions on the Church class. I Loved and got a Great deal out of the class.I thank you Greatly sir.

in Jesus,Troy

• 2 months later...

Something of the true magnificence of the church as seen through the eyes of Christ emerged as I worked through this study. So often I see the church with its warts and wrinkles; yet I rediiscovered that Christ sees not the sinful past but its potential - with all it beauty and brillance. Thank you Pastor Ralph. Keep up the good work.

• 1 month later...

I have learned from this Bible Study that the Body of Christ needs me and all the saints . God has a unique role for us to play in His family. The church helps us to develop our spiritual muscles. We are all to participate in the full life of the church. We are called to belong, not just to believe. :rolleyes:

I am ashamed to say this, but the truth shall set you free. I have been taking the church for granted in a lot of areas, which were made known to me only after this study. It showed me that I am the reason for some of the strife and division in the church by my opinoin, not by scripture. This has really changed the way I look at the institution God has set up with clearer eyes. As the song says, I once was blind, but now I see." I thank you, Mr. Wilson, for this study. I hope this has been an eye opener for others as it has been for me.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am now more convinced of the importance of all denominations' role in bringing the church together as one. We are all one body, and the only way we can convince the World of Christ's message is to recognise that we are one. Otherwise, we will be fighting a losing battle.

We all have a role to play, and the Holy Spirit is ready to strengthen us, if we respond to His call. The Church is one, and we must accept that whatever Christains are doing in other churches that are different from our own are still working for the growth of Christ's Kingdom here.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Dr. Wilson,

These last few months our faith in the church has been challenged. We went through an ugly church split. There's a lot of bitterness and we ended up hurting people that we care for. I was deeply hurt, but I would not give up on God's church.

This study has helped me to trust God that his church will move on. WE're all "works in progress" but his church is God's body on earth. This study has helped me see the best that God has planned for his church. God won't abandon his body. It's the only body that God has.

I plan to do a series of preaching on the church, based from what I have learned in this timely study.

Thank you for offering such a useful course. God bless you and may you enjoy His blessings in your life and in the church.

For His glory,

Daniel and Emma Villa

• 4 weeks later...

AT THIS TIME I AM NOT QUITE THRU WITH THE BIBLE STUDY DUE TO WORK SCHEDULE.BUT SO FAR I FIND MYSELF THINKING IS THE CHURCH AS A WHOLE UNIFIED OR SPIRITUAL ENOUGH TO GO THRU WHAT GOD IS GOING TO DO IN THESE LATTER DAYS. WE HAVE LET THE WORLD TAKE OVER THE CHURCHES. WE AS CHRISTIANS HAVE LOWERED OUR STANDARDS OF WHAT A CHRISTIAN CHURCH REALLY IS.GOD HAS NOT OVER THE YEARS LOWERED HIS STANDARDS, WE ARE TO BE SET APART.

I often get caught up in the here and now, and forget that many things are already accomplished by Jesus Christ. I also tend to focus on those who are more caught up in legalistic ideas, and judge them. I will be attempting to remember that then as now, some were coming from a more legalistic background, and some from a more free background, and in Jesus Christ, they became one.

This means I need to let the SPirit doing the convicting, and I need to concentrate on Jesus Christ, and not letting unessential things make me divisive.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good morning Brothers and Sisters, Blessing to the Body

I am not much for writing so here it go's. You see in Ehp. a wonderfull picture ( and Guide ) for where we ( the church/ body) should be

our prayers our caring our loveing of of the body of Christ ,then we see the powers of the air the strong man.

Jesus said take the log out of our own eye, So Iam trying hard ,but frist you have to see that log'

Is the Chruch walking in the walk we should be? Maybe alittel. But We are called to do much more.

Be encouraged Jesus walks with us and can teach us how to walk in the right way. If we let Him.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, have not completed all the weeks yet, I have really been very reflective about this. Came to a bit of a revelation this week as I have a health condition I am waiting for healing for. This is it - my healing is linked to my local church. More specifically my home group. That the church is made of a body of cells. My illness is cellular. Two people recently received full and partial cellular healing for cancer and another condition, respectively, in our church.

I am a part of the body - cells of the church. My healing will come as a part of the church through fellowship with the members of the body.

• 1 month later...

The Church need to be united and it should value each and every member in the Church , sinse we have different gifts to do God's work for His glory

Ok Pastor Ralph,

As promised in ages past, here's my take on this.

First of all it was a great study, the structure and flow and unity. Who do you think you are, Paul?

Just kidding.

I am going to approach my answer in two ways personally and theologically what I got from the study.

Personally, after reading Ephesians over and over, and your study, it makes me kind of sad. By that I mean, it is sad to see what the church in general has become and it's also sad to see the preception presented in the media and felt my people who could be helped.

When the church is mentioned in the media or the public in general I can see at least two images that are

understood as the church today. One, is an image of a bunch of crazy right wing, warmongering, rich, right wing crazys. The other is the Televangilists, always with their hands out taking poor peoples money. The scandels, TBN, pedophiles. Unfortunatly, thats what were fighting, trying to get the truth out.

Then as an interfaith reaction, we have the liberal main line churches, who although they have good intentions, dilute the Word so that people may never get to know - The church God created.

The Psalmist was right to wonder what is man that he is so special to God, we can really mess things up.

But we can also straighten them out. Things like this study, men like Henry Nouwen, Dallas Willard, my Pastor Marty Berglund, there are good teachers out there and if we could just get them to read Ephesions a few times it would change opinion.

The church is not what the media thinks or that big building or even that little white church in the country.

The church is not where we go every Sunday - IT IS WHO WE ARE EVERYDAY! The Church is God's household. Household is another word for family. And as God family we, the church, should be like members of his household. We the church, universal and local are God's presence on earth. When we are looked at God should be seen. We are the body of Christ. And as Paul's analalogy descibes there are many parts to the body and each one's function depends on another. The control center though is the brain, and where is the brain, in the head.

Jesus is the Head of the Church, we are the body, the plan is for the head and body to be joined eternally.

We represent God on earth as the church. God concieved the plan of the church, another creation. And like his most loved creation, man, who was the only creation of God not made, ex nilho, out of nothing, man was formed from dust. The Church was formed from man. God concieved the church plan, Jesus implimented it, and the Holy Spirit sustains it. Just like Paul to get the Christocentric and Trinitarian doctrines out of 11 verses Eph 1:3-14.

I'm going too long here, let me wrap up with one final thing. One thing anbout God's church is that some assembly is required. We need to stop attending church and start assembling, remember were one, unity a body.

My final words, I promise.

Remember we are the church

We represent God on earth

God lives in us through the Holy Spirit

We must have a servant attitude as Jesus did

We are never alone as long as we are part of the church

What people see in us the precieve as the church thus that's how they see God

Love never fails

Lets make ourselves - The Church God Created not the church man distorted.

God bless everbody and especially you Pastor

• 1 month later...

Just as the body has many parts, so does the body of Christ, the church. We are told by the scriptures that we all have spiritual gifts that are given to us by God. We are to use these gifts to become more active in the church. Since doing this and the other studies, I have found myself becoming much more active in the body of Christ. I thank you and the body of Christ thanks you. Yours in Christ, Don :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

I appreciate all the time and effort put into making these studies.

It makes you think, and expands viewpoints and if your friends

are doing the study too, conversation starters. One can never

have too much information to think about God, the Bible

and his most wonderful Creations. Thanks!!