JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Comfort and Comforting

What kind of comfort do you recieve from your faith in God? From your personal daily relationship with God? How might you

share the blessing of this kind of comfort with a friend or relative who is currently suffering? What words of comfort can you bring to others?

In my faith in God I recieve the knowledge of knowing that when I am in a test or going through something God let me know as long as I have the faith in him and his world everything is going to be fine. i have to have faith in his promises that he give us in his word.

From my daily relaionship with God is praying and reading his word he is talking to me and loving me through his words the idea that people know that you have a relaionship with God by the way you have a relationship with him.

You can comfort a person or relative by letting them know that we will go through things that God is there to comfort us.

I can tell them that God will carry them when they cam not carry themselves,he will bw threre with loving arm. :wub:[

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question 1 (2 Corinthians 1:3-7)

(a) What kind of comfort do you receive from your faith in God?From your personal daily relationship with God?

The comfort that you receive from your faith in God, is a comfort that cannot be bought or induced with any type drug, because it is real and everlasting beyond comprehension. The peace of your mind and soul is in control by the a God, that is alive and well and has everything under control. To top it off He will never let you down and is always there at a moments notice. The flip side of this is I have to do my part in staying in a close personal relationship with Jesus Christ my savior with a prayer life and reading and meditating in the Word of God, this is the man that came down to this sin cursed world and lived a sin free life, then gave His live that I might go free.

( B) How might you share the blessing of this kind of comfort with a friend or relative who is currently suffering? What words of comfort can you bring to others?

Tell them what God has done for you, talk to them about turning their life over to God if they are not saved. You can always tell what the real story is in peoples lives by the fruit they bear. If you are trying to witness to them you have to make sure that you are walking your talk and are not a hypocrite. The words of comfort from a real Christian, taking time to stop and fellowship with someone who is suffering can be one of the most rewarding ventures in your life, to see the smile and happiness in someone's face when they know that you really care, is a feeling you receive that cannot be bought. It is worth it all, just think if it was the other way around: hm,hm,hm. Pray before you go and visit someone for God to give you the words to say, and how to say them, if you are sincere about telling others about Jesus Christ, God will never let you down and it can be one of the most rewarding thing that you could ever do. It will always be remembered. Praise God!!! Maranatha; Brother Mike McCue[

Question 1 (2 Corinthians 1:3-7)

(a) What kind of comfort do you receive from your faith in God?From your personal daily relationship with God?

The comfort that you receive from your faith in God, is a comfort that cannot be bought or induced with any type drug, because it is real and everlasting beyond comprehension. The peace of your mind and soul is in control by the a God, that is alive and well and has everything under control. To top it off He will never let you down and is always there at a moments notice. The flip side of this is I have to do my part in staying in a close personal relationship with Jesus Christ my savior with a prayer life and reading and meditating in the Word of God, this is the man that came down to this sin cursed world and lived a sin free life, then gave His live that I might go free.

( B) How might you share the blessing of this kind of comfort with a friend or relative who is currently suffering? What words of comfort can you bring to others?

Tell them what God has done for you, talk to them about turning their life over to God if they are not saved. You can always tell what the real story is in peoples lives by the fruit they bear. If you are trying to witness to them you have to make sure that you are walking your talk and are not a hypocrite. The words of comfort from a real Christian, taking time to stop and fellowship with someone who is suffering can be one of the most rewarding ventures in your life, to see the smile and happiness in someone's face when they know that you really care, is a feeling you receive that cannot be bought. It is worth it all, just think if it was the other way around: hm,hm,hm. Pray before you go and visit someone for God to give you the words to say, and how to say them, if you are sincere about telling others about Jesus Christ, God will never let you down and it can be one of the most rewarding thing that you could ever do. It will always be remembered. Praise God!!! Maranatha; Brother Mike McCue[

Comforts He has provided me include: being pulled out of a black pit of depression and moral bankruptcy; being reborn spiritually, being introduced to and assured of our Savior's promises of salvation; experiencing His grace and mercy and most recently His daily bread while I experience extended unemployment with patience and faith.

Q1. Comfort and Comforting.

Having only come to faith at a late stage of my life (2008 at the age of 61) I have travelled a long road of pain and suffering. If only I had known my saviour then,oh what a difference it would have made. One thing I now know, and that is this, "Nothing can ever seperate us from the love of Christ Rom 8 : 35-39. Paul was more than aware of this and in his concern for the Church at Corinth would have been strenghtened by this I am sure. I am able to move forward with my life in the knowledge that no matter what befalls me I can rest in His comfort. As for my Christian and non Christian friends alike, I say that we have a living hope in Christ, who heals us, cares for us and only wants our salvation "found in Him". Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you 1 Peter 5 :7-11

Emanuel

The comfort that I receive in my faith in GOD is that I will have an everlasting life in his kingdom because I accepted, with all my heart, that KING JESUS died on the cross for all my sins (past, present and future).

The comfort that I receive from my personal daily relationship with GOD is that he listens to not only my praise, but my cries. I'm comforted that he sent the HOLY SPIRIT to guide me and hold me accountable with conviction. I'm comforted by the lessons learned by afflictions where the HOLY SPIRIT teaches, reminds me, shows me what to do and not to do.

I can share the good news to family and friends that are suffering or afflicted by sin that, "no matter what", GOD loves them regardless of their imperfections. That there is also "strength in numbers" when it comes to not only prayer, but "community",,, like the community that the apostle Paul was trying to establish in Corinth.

What words of comfort can I bring to others? That they don't have to do this on their own. To surrender all their worries to GOD and know that HE will strengthen them during tough times in their lives. That JESUS is Lord and that HE is suffering with them during those excruciating times and that HE will also share his peace with them.

Q1. (2 Corinthians 1:3-7) What kind of comfort do you receive from your faith in God? From your personal daily relationship with God? How might you share the blessing of this kind of comfort with a friend or relative who is currently suffering? What words of comfort can you bring to others?

The comfort I receive from God is knowing that no matter what my circumstances ( illness,family problems,debt,etc,etc.) that He is always there for me. No one nor anything can ever separate us! All I have to do is reach for Him, talk to Him, meditate on and read His word and I know and can feel His nearness! I feel Him all around me! Knowing that the problems of this earth are only temporary and that I will soon be in the presence of our Lord in His Kingdom gives me great comfort. Knowing the promise of eternal life with Jesus Christ which Christ secured for us when He died on the cross, gives me something wonderful to look forward to, I know life begins when I cross the great divide into the heavenly realm!! The best and only way I know to share this comfort to others is to tell them about God's wonderful comfort and saving grace! Spread The Word, tell them about "THE WAY" To pray for them, and with them, and to get as many people praying for them as I can!The best words of comfort is that GOD IS Good and that He is a FAITHFUL GOD and if one seeks Him with all his heart he will find comfort, joy and love! Seek and ye shall find, ask and it shall be given. Never, ever run AWAY from God or blame God in times of trouble, but run TO him!! He is there for us!

• The comfort I receive from my faith comes from the promises in the Word of God, and learning to trust that God is with me in all circumstances, and cares about me in all things, even those I cause by my own behaviour. I have been learning to repeat the words found in Philippians 4:6 “Do not be worried about anything…”, and reminding myself that means “any thing”, as I think I have a tendency to put in a few exceptions to this lovely promise… but how dare I even try to add anything to God’s word, that is sin.
  • The comfort I am wanting to learn from a daily personal relationship with God is the comfort that comes from knowing I am the loved child of my Father in heaven.
  • The best comfort I can bring to a friend is to encourage them to focus on the Lord himself and his words. He is “the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort” (2Cor 1:3). One version (New Living Translation) translated it as “the source of all comfort” so what better place to go than to the source. The Message worded it as “healing counsel”.
  • I like what Swordwoman said in her post that it can be our presence with a person that brings comfort. Words sometimes are intrusive especially in the beginning. There is a time for silence and a time for speech. When we first show love, then we will be heard more clearly. Words of comfort will then affirm that we are never alone, that God’s care never stops, and that his wisdom and power are beyond our understanding and sufficient for every circumstance.

THE COMFORT I GET FROM IS FROM GODS PROMISE TO MEET ARE NEEDS IF WE BELIRVE AND ASK IN HIS NAME. WE NEED TO PRAY FOR STENGHT THAT AND ASK GOD OUR FATHER FOR THE RIGHT WORDS TO SAY TO OTHERS IN PAIN. BIBLE SAYS TO REJOYICE WITH OTHERS AND WEEP WITH OTHERS. WHEN I HAVE VALLEYS I TRY TO I TRUST GOD TO GET ME THROUGH AND TELL OTHERS HOW OUR SAVIOR GOT ME THROUGH

Q1. (2 Corinthians 1:3-7) What kind of comfort do you receive from your faith in God? From your personal daily relationship with God? How might you share the blessing of this kind of comfort with a friend or relative who is currently suffering? What words of comfort can you bring to others?

The kind of comfort my faith in God brings me is that I know where I will go when this life here on earth is over for me. It brings me no more fear of death. Yes, He comforts me with this truth.

He has also comforted me so much and in such a tremendous way when my daughter of 22 years was murdered by her boyfriend. I could not have gotten through such shock, pain and exceedingly terrible sorrow without Jesus' comfort amd consolation. As I would never wish this on any parent ever, I do know somewhat of how they do feel and because of this have become more enabled to comfort someone in this same kind of sorrow. I think that God's comfort in this tragedy for me has made me more compassionate because I have truly known His compassion, comfort and consolation. I have not suffered for Christ's sake except maybe a little when I first came to Him and tried to get others to come to Him and was made fun of but I have never suffered for Christ as Paul or the Christians in China or Somalia or other places where they suffer just because they belong to Christ. I would hope that I would be triumphant knowing that no matter what happens to me. He is with me and will comfort me no matter what. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding; acknowledge Him in all your ways and He will direct your paths."Proverbs 3:5 This is one of my favorite scriptures and has helped me very much in my walk with the Lord.

Love, Joy and Peace

Brothers and Sisters

In Christ Jesus our Lord!

Dotty B.

Bless you Dotty, this is a beautiful testimony. I, too, love Proverbs 3:5-6, thank you for the reminder of this wonderful promise. Susan

The only way we can comfort others with sympathy instead of empathy, is to experience some of the same problems, etc. others are facing. My strength and comfort come from knowing that God is in total control of my life. How can a person not be comforted knowing that the God of Creation loves them and only does what is best for them? I was diagnosed with cancer in December 2007 and I told my friends and family that this was the "path" that God wanted me to be on. It wasn't the path I would have chosen, but the Bible tells me in Isaiah 55:8, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. I knew that through what I was experiencing, I could help comfort others.

I am free from the secular world of "worry". I am free from being anxious or stressed. I know that God is in control at all times & knows exactly what he is doing. I know that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". I know he has a purpose for me & a plan for my life. I also know I am " in " this world, not of it. And if God be for me, who then can be against me? And on a daily basis, handling whatever comes up, I remind myself to " Be still & know that I am God".

I use these verses daily to remind myself that I am a child of God & highly favored. I try to suggest to people around me that if they would just turn their lives over to God, & believe in his precious Son, they can have the same peace I have. Especially lately, dealing with my son who is struggling with some difficult times in his life right now.

" But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you."

That was my comfort for today! My comfort in my Faith in God comes from knowing HE is in control. He knows everything, sees everything and knows just what to do. I can rest in His care and believe in His love and promises. When I get confused and lose the way, I can call to Him and He directs my paths. It's trust in Him that brings comfort. Trust in His love and in His ultimate wisdom.

When I know of others suffering, I can share my experiences in suffering and His comfort to me in those times and I can encourage them to turn to Him for help. I can be loving and compassionate towards them, just as He is loving and compassionate towards me. I cry with them and then rejoice with them too. I can share how He directed my steps and though theirs may be somewhat different, I can convey how He walked with me, step by step until my pain was past and that He never leaves us. Ever.

I can point to His promises from His Word and share how faithful He IS to those.

The best thing we can do is show them WHO to turn to. People are well meaning but they are human and can't always do the right things. God on the other hand, is 100% reliable and right and His love and light are way beyond anything here!

The comfort that I receive from my faith in God is peace in the time of trouble, hope to endure and knowing God's love for me, has given me a strength that I never had before--not in ME but in Christ Jesus. As a child growing up, I believed that I was not loved and acted accordingly and made many wrong choices and had to suffer the consequences but since my acceptance of Jesus Christ and by Faith, I know that God loves me. It was a struggle but with God's new mercies daily, prayers, worship time, Bible reading and church fellowship under two awesome pastors (after God's own heart), I can now give comfort to single mothers, married women whose husbands are unfaithful, anyone who feels unloved and have feelings of rejection, who have low to no self-esteem or anyone who is bound by sin and desiring to be free: God's comfort through His grace, mercy and love was there for me as I experienced those situations and His grace, mercy and love will be there for me as I face new trials (not alone).

1. The comfort I get is knowing that I am God's child. He continually loves me. I find much peace and joy knowing that He has complete controll of all my circumstances.

2. I go through trials like all others. I have had many situations that seemed defeating. God has always pulled me through and life has always been the better for each and everytime.

3. The best words of comfort I know is trust in the Lord in all things. The world and mankind will always let you down, but He never fails. I have the Lord to lead and guide me, He will never lead you into wrong and destruction. Always go to Him with everything. He knows us better than we even know ourselves.

I recieve comfort knowing I am saved and will live with him forever. I receive comfort daily because of my faith in God, knowing He is there with me, upholding me, leading me. I could listen to them, cry with them & share with them. I could especially comfort those who have gone thru similar things I have--knowing God carried me thru them!

Life can be confusing at times. I have certainly seen my buttons pushed lately, by family members who are not comfortable with me being a Christian, I was like 'a saint' in tolerating it, but then when I slipped up, they said, I same difficult to work with. Still I know that some day they will see Jesus and when they do, they will be thrilled. I just wish I was more prefect that I really am a a flawed human being. I'm not sure who to comfort with this good news, since it pushed me away from them. My only choice is to love them and love them some more.

I receive comfort in knowing that my Lord and Savior has carried me thru a difficult period in my marriage, my relationship was not what I expected. I began to lay my tribulations before the altar of God and God showed me "me". I had a lot of emotional baggage that I brought into the marriage. But by His grace and mercy, my steps were ordered into transformation to my role as a wife and friend and lover in my relationship with my husband. It was not easy but with the Lord as the third cord, all is well today. We are better and we are happy. So when things happen and it looks gloomy, I look to where God has brought us from and I lean on my faith and trust. I've learned not to panic...it is part of the process...

a. Knowledge of a better life to come, full of Gods glory and presence. Pain free, debt free, worry free and full of joy.

b.Someone I can talk freely, honestly to. He already knows what is in my heart, but I need to put my sins and sorrows into words. Praise Him for daily life, and for all my blessings; beg Him to forgive me my sins, knowing He will listen tome and forgive me as I repent and try to do better. Sometimes I don't have to talk, I just know He is there with me.

c. Pray with them, let them know about Gods love for them.

d. Open the Bible, find places where it tells us that God is with us always. Psalms is good for this.

I have comfort that God is in control and all is working for my good. It has cause my faith in God to develop and grow. When a person is suffering I can tell them how God has never left nor forsaken me. Even tho our situations may even get worse God is still with us. A word of comfort: Remember that God is always with us. It is always to help mature us too have a closer relationship with him.

I have the comfort that God works all things together for my good, and God is with me and for me every day. Also it is comforting to be saved and on my way to Heaven. I can pray for others and share my testimony with others who are suffering and tell them the gospel.

What kind of comfort do you receive from your faith in God? From your personal daily relationship with God? How might you share the blessing of this kind of comfort with a friend or relative who is currently suffering? What words of comfort can you bring to others?

1) I have the kind of comfort from my faith in God that He will be there to comfort and strengthen me no matter what my trials and tribulations are. He is the God of every kind of comfort imaginable. Therefore, I can go to Him for anything.

2) The comfort I have from my daily relationship with God is encouragement, hope, consolation, strength, protection, friend, doctor, lawyer etc.

3) I can share God's blessing of comfort with a friend or relative who is suffering by sharing my testimony. Experiencing God's comfort makes it easy to tell others.

4) Words of comfort that I would bring to others are it is no secret what God can do. What He has done for me, He can do the same thing for you.

Q1. (2 Corinthians 1:3-7) What kind of comfort do you receive from your faith in God?

His comfort which is unlike any other, in that He not only heals, but encourages me to go on in faith. The Comforter is always available. It comforts me just to know He loves me, has forgiven me completely, delights in me, and never leaves me, even for a moment...and that He never sleeps or is too busy for me. It comforts me to know He has my good always at heart in His dealings with me and through me....His plan is a good one for success and not failure, for good and not evil and a good future for me. I'm comforted to know that I will spend eternity in His loving care and Presence.

From your personal daily relationship with God?

Because of our relationship, He knows already when I need comfort and is waiting for me when I come to Him. His comfort never contains condemnation, such as I received as a child...such as perhaps a band-aid, but the added "You should have known better", or some other comment that indicated that I either deserved or caused whatever had caused the pain, sadness, loss or disappointment.

How might you share the blessing of this kind of comfort with a friend or relative who is currently suffering?

The Lord comforted me this morning over a huge disappointment and injustice, by waiting until I had cried the tears out, then tenderly giving me insight into His reasons for the delay and for allowing the injustice. Within an hour I received an email from a relative who was suffering from a bitter disappointment and injustice. I was able to share the comfort and insight He's just given me which turned the tears into a smile.

What words of comfort can you bring to others?

He is our Comforter. I can bring to others the comfort I've received from Him. I can share that He is our redeemer...He can take the "sows ears" I've made through mistakes, foolish or ignorant decisions I've made apart from Him, or those made long before I came to know Him, into "silk purses", which glorify Him. I can share how He has taken a life of abuse of all kinds, and turned it into one of joy, faith, and love, where the hurts are healed, the messes are my message and He is Lord and Savior of all of my life. I can share His love and forgiveness. I can share the Gospel with a lost soul who needs to know His embrace and salvation so that they can come into our glorious and totally blessed family.

God is our comfort. Knowing that He can relate to everything that we go through on a daily basis makes it easier. There is someone who is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother and is always there for us. Whatever we may need or be going through He is there for us. He is our strength and our shield, our strong tower, our rock and our fortress. He is our Heavenly Father and He only wants what's best for us. God is continually molding us and shaping us into the kind of person He wants us to be.Each day we may undergo trials but they are there for us to build character. No matter what God is always there.

My Uncle just passed away, and my Aunt, told him, before he died. Stay near the gate, I will be there soon enough. She comforted me, with the faith that she has. My Aunt is the perfect example of how to comfort others. She tells everyone, she loves them, she show everyone she loves them. She tell all that God loves them and she show it in how treats everyone, not just family.

Your aunt sounds like a wonderful witness for God's love and mercy. Thanks for sharing what she told your uncle!