JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Isaiah's Vision

Q4. (Isaiah 6:1-4) Why do you think Yahweh revealed himself in this way to Isaiah? In what ways does this vision reveal God’s majesty? What do we learn about Yahweh from the serphaim’s chant?

I believe God revealed himself in this way to Isaiah because he was going to use Isaiah in a extraordinary way in prophesying to Judah and Jerusalem and to generations down through the ages until the present.  God was permitting Isaiah a glimpse of himself in a most personal way.  Creating a most personal bond before a great mission started.

This vision revealed the grandeur, the power, the other worldliness, and holiness of God.  We learn that God, the Lord of the Armies of Heaven, is holy and the whole earth is filled with his glory.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. (Isaiah 6:1-4) Why do you think Yahweh revealed himself in this way to Isaiah? In what ways does this vision reveal God’s majesty? What do we learn about Yahweh from the serphaim’s chant?

I believe God revealed himself in this way to Isaiah because he was going to use Isaiah in a extraordinary way in prophesying to Judah and Jerusalem and to generations down through the ages until the present.  God was permitting Isaiah a glimpse of himself in a most personal way.  Creating a most personal bond before a great mission started.

This vision revealed the grandeur, the power, the other worldliness, and holiness of God.  We learn that God, the Lord of the Armies of Heaven, is holy and the whole earth is filled with his glory.

Isaiah 6:1-4
Q). Why do you think Yahweh revealed himself in this way to Isaiah?
A). Yahweh may have revealed himself in this way to Isaiah to demonstrate how awesome He is. Israel was in a mess and needed an awesome God to rescue them.
#
Q). In what ways does this vision reveal God's majesty?
A). Yahweh is mighty because the armies of heaven accompany him and are at his bidding. He must not be trifled with!
#
Q). What do we learn about Yahweh from the serphaim's chant?
A). Three things we learn about Yahweh from the serphaim's chant are: 1). Yahweh Is Holy 2). Yahweh Is Mighty 3). Yahweh's Creation Exhibits His Glory

Q4. (Isaiah 6:1-4) Why do you think Yahweh revealed himself in this way to Isaiah? In what ways does this vision reveal God's majesty? What do we learn about Yahweh from the serphaim's chant?

Our Almighty God reveals Yahweh to Isaiah because He is over all God blessed forever.  This vision shows Isaiah and us today that God is overall in charge for He is majestic and all knowing.  We learn from the serphaim's chant that God is Holy, Mighty, and His creation exhibits His glory for He totally controls everything and will remain until forever..... Praise Him for that.....

Yahweh revealed to Isaiah is glory and majesty and showed him his a God of glory, power and majesty to enable Isaiah to tell the Israelites about the glorious and majestic God.

Yahweh God is the true and holy God. He is a God full of glory and the angels sing of his glory day and night crying how holy, awesome glorious is the Lord God mighty. His glory fills the heaven and the earth too is filled with his glory!

From the seraphim's chant we come to know that Yahweh is a holy God and his glory fills all the earth.

Q4    a)     Why do you think Yahweh revealed himself in this way to Isaiah?

Yahweh wanted Isaiah to have the priviledge of being a worthy servant and wanted him to witness his full glory, majesty and  might in his character, power, perfection and beauty of his holiness in the awesome scene of his Temple

B)      In what ways does this vision reveal God’s majesty?

i)  God’s majesty is revealed by the awesome setting of Yahweh’s throne in the     

Temple

i)    The huge winged seraphs standing on either side of His throne were quite

impressive and overpowering.

ii)   The sound of the voices of the seraphs were  so deep and powerful that they shook the temple like an earthquake

iii)   Smoke filled the entire temple either by the incense or  by the fire of God

The whole scene was so awesome.

c)     What do we learn about Yahweh from the seraphs chant.?

From the seraphs chant we learn::-

i)    Yahweh is HOLY…..He belongs to a sacred sphere ; not common.

ii)   Yahweh is MIGHTY…so as in army “Sabaoth”: He must win the battle:

The armies of heaven always accompany Him and make him the ALL MIGHTY

iii)   Yahweh is full of GLORY revealed in His Creation

When God places a call to an individual to do a great thing, there often is accompanied by a great happening. So the individual could put great emphasis on the call and even use the event as a basis of the individual's authority from God to speak. Moses had the burning bush, Saul the event on the Damascus road, with Isaiah a vision of God in His temple. The vision to Isaiah was of God's throne room which Isaiah and his hearers/readers would recognize to be similar to the inner sanctuary of the temple of Solomon. The seraphims in the vision are unnumbered and each has six wings instead of two. They could also speak and fly, much more than the cedar idols of Solomon's temple. These differences (see 1 Kings 6:11-28) illustrates the awesome greatness of the God we worship. Yet Jesus tells us to call Him, Father and we are the heirs of His Kingdom (Romans 8.17 ) we get here a sense of God's overwhelming holiness and of the inadequacies of Isaiah and we the reader/hearer.

WinstonY

I think that Yahweh revealed himself in this way to Isaiah because He wanted Isaiah to see Him as He really is. He was showing Isaiah that it was He that created all things and that the things that Isaiah sees were done by His mighty power.

From the seraphim’s chant we learn that our God is that almighty God. We see that He Holy, Mighty, and the creator of all things.

• 2 weeks later...

In Isaiah's vision he is in the huge palace or temple of Yahweh. In the temple is an elevated throne, and on it is the Lord, seated in grandeur, high above all others. The Angels chanted 'Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.'

Q4. (Isaiah 6:1-4) Why do you think Yahweh revealed himself in this way to Isaiah? In what ways does this vision reveal God's majesty? What do we learn about Yahweh from the serphaim's chant?

To encourage Isaiah. Can you hear him saying I SAW the LORD!  HE IS ON HIS THRONE AND FULL OF GLORY!

His train was so magnificent that the tail filled the throne room.  And the seraphaim couldn't do anything but cry out Holy Holy Holy! Someday we will be in His presence filled with the sense of His Holiness and only able to cry out Holy Holy Holy is the Lord of Hosts.

God Bless!

Jen

Jude 21

Though Isaiah may have prophesied earlier, he now received a vision of God, was cleansed, and was given a specific commission to proclaim God's word to a spiritually blind, deaf, and insensitive people. This vision gave Isaiah a proper understanding of his message and call. It revealed that God's glory, majesty, and holiness demand that of those who serve Him also must be holy. Churches today likewise need a vision of God in their midst as the holy Lord and Judge of all. The recognition of the need for His sanctifying work in our lives will inevitably accompany such a vision. The result could well be similar to that of Isaiah: earnest confession, glorious cleansing, and powerful commissioning by God in regard to His will and call. The foremost characteristic of God revealed to Isaiah is His holiness, signifying His purity of character, separation from sin, and opposition to all that is evil. God's absolute holiness must be proclaimed in the churches as it is proclaimed in the heavens.

Yahweh revealed Himself in this way to Isaiah because He wanted to give Isaiah a glimpse of His glory and majesty.

The ways this vision reveals God's majesty is by revealing His holiness, that He is Mighty, and that creation exhibits His glory.

What we learn about Yahweh from the serphaim's chant is, He is holy and the whole earth is full of His glory.

• 4 months later...

These images are always going to be a challenge for me but maybe that is part of the point. Gid is mysterious and full of surprises to a simple human mind. It certainly shows His great creativity and power. And they were singing His praises.

• 2 months later...

Why do you think Yahweh revealed himself in this way to Isaiah?

I think God revealed himself in this particular way to Isaiah as a reminder and comfort to God's rule and reign. 

In what ways does this vision reveal God's majesty?

Isaiah's vision reveals an eternal perspective that is terrifying (v5) and yet breathtaking (v3).  God's majesty is revealed throughs the serphaim's worship and shaking and smoke filling the temple.

What do we learn about Yahweh from the serphaim's chant? 

The seraphim's chant examines three aspects of God's character: His holiness, Mighty and that creation exhibits his glory.

• 2 months later...

a)God wanted to send message& demonstrate in part the awesome overpowering wonder of himself.

.B) This reveals God is mighty,a mighty fortress,heaven’s mighty

armies are in his control&He alone controls fire &light.

c)He is worthy to be praised.His Holiness revealed through his unique presence with his people,his love,his righteousness,his love,his compassion,his desire to communicate with his created people&his glory through brightness&fire . We see Creation demonstrates God’s invisible qualities, his eternal power&divine nature.The whole earth is full of his glory,what he has made declares his glory, his character,his perfection, his power,. .At the sound of seraphim’s voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple[42] was filled with smoke." (6:3-4) &in extreem brightness &burning light.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I believe that God wanted to show Isaiah that there was a world above the earth. There was a reason for the people to believe and live a good life in the faith of the Father. It shows that God is holy and is great. He is to be praised and honored at all time. The chant signifies that God is above all. God is supreme goodness and love.

• 8 months later...

Yahweh revealed himself in this way to Isaiah at a time when the King who has reigned for a long time had died; no doubt the people revered him and ascribed worship to him that should only be given to God.  The vision revealed God's majesty as the angels proclaimed His holiness, His sovereignty.  From the chanting of the seraphims we learned that God's glory fills the earth, that His holiness is all around us and He's ever present with us.

• 3 years later...

WHY DID GOD REVEAL HIMSELF TO ISAIAH IN THIS WAY.. I believe God speaks to us thru pictures..and He  was giving Isaiah a picture of who he was..His Majesty on display.

IN WHAT WAY DOES THIS VISION REVEALS GOD'S MAJESTY..That throne did it for me...seeing how humble those angels were before God .WOWWWW!!! In Awe. this definitely will calm me down from thinking I am anything..I mean they hid their feet...THEIR FEET  before him...how dare I live the way I live before God as HOLY.

WHAT DO WE LEARN ABOUT YAHWEH FROM THE SERPHAIM'S CHANTS? That He only is Worthy, Holy and deserves all the PRAISE!!!! I'm taking a note how to worship Him for real from this chapter. GLORY!!!!

• 1 year later...

1. God wanted Isaiah to be very clear about who God is and why Isaiah should fear Her and obey Him, and perhaps also to encourage Isaiah as he prophesied to closed ears.

2. The multi-sensory description in this passage point to the shear majesty and power of God; the sight (smoke, robe filling the place, the odd appearance of the seraphim), the sound (thundering and resonating “Holy, holy, holy” of the seraphim), the feel (we can presume the sound was felt in his body, and that can I still fear but also awe).

3. From the seraphim’s chant we learn God is the very definition of holy, because they say it in threes. Perhaps God is beyond our notion of holiness or beyond anything we have ever known to be holy. Or perhaps we learn that we experience holiness because God is the source of holiness. She created holiness.

• 1 month later...

Q4. (Isaiah 6:1-4) Why do you think Yahweh revealed himself in this way to Isaiah? God was showing Isaiah his glory, his majesty and that he should be worshiped by the people of Israel. He alone is their heavenly Father and the one provide for their every need.

In what ways does this vision reveal God's majesty? That he is sovereign, above all things and he has the power and authority to declare what he chooses over the earth. That judgement is his and he shall act as he sees fit to do so.

What do we learn about Yahweh from the serphaim's chant? That GOD is sovereign, the creator of heaven, earth and everything that is in the universe. That we, as his children should come into his presence trembling, bowing before him and worshiping the King of kings and the Lord of lords. That he is GOD almighty.

Why do you think Yahweh revealed himself in this way to Isaiah? I believe GOD wanted Isaiah to see him in all his majesty, that Isaiah should know the fullness of the Lord. I believe that by seeing God in this way God strengthened Isaiah's resolve in his service to the Lord. God also wanted Isaiah to see how he was being worshipped in heaven and that this how he should worshipped by the Israelites.

In what ways does this vision reveal God's majesty? Description of the Lords robe, the serphaim praising God constantly and they covered their so as not to see God.

What do we learn about Yahweh from the serphaim's chant? Just how almighty GOD truly is and that I should tremble before him, fear him and honour my Father in heaven with all my body, might, soul and spirit.

• 2 months later...

I think God was using isaiah to tell the people just how great God really is. The people were doing things that were dispicable to God and they would not listen to him, but they would listen to a prophet, he is less scary than the God of all men. Isaiah told the people of the holiness of the throne room, the winged creatures and of God himself hoping they would finally listen and stop going against the ways of the Lord. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2013 at 8:46 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

He wanted people to see his majesty and power, but in a none threatening way. We shouldn't be afraid of God, but fear him, there is a difference.