JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. 144,000

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 144,000 have kept themselves pure. They have followed Christ in the way we all should be striving to do - to be like Christ

• 1 month later...
Q1. (14:3-5) In what ways do the 144,000 provide an ideal for all Christians to emulate?

I was looking at the number 144,000 and decided to break it down to the lowest whole number w/o any thing left over, and it came out to 5. And if I remember correctly, I do believe that the number 5 represents The Holy Spirit. So my thought will go from here as I ponder the 144,000 in another direction.

Sqrt of 144,000 = 379.47331922020551983986722533193 (all of the numbers past the whole number of 379 adds up to 5) which when included with the 379 adds up to 4 (completion). God created the lights in the firmament of heaven to shed light on the earth on the 4th day of His creating earth.

The squar root of 144 = 12 X 5 = 60

Sqrt of 60 = 7.7459666924148337703585307995648

All of the numbers behind the whole number of 7, equals 163 or rather 1 <<New Beginnings.

(The sqrt's that were not whole numbers are as large/small as my calculator would go).

24X12/2=144 (The 24 here is representing the Profit's & Elder's, the 12 representing the 12 tribes) & (2 is the lowest common denominator) bringing us back to at least the 144 out of the 144,000, and if you add the 144, it comes out to 9. Nine being the end of an era.

Bare with me on my thought here. Something's coming :)

Going back to the sqrt of 144,000 and adding all of the numbers together and coming up with 4 (completion) gives me an Ahhhhh.

So the 144,000 represents the complete number of the children of God. Not 144,000 literally but completly.

Now, what were the 144,000 doing up there in heaven for us to emulate? They were before the Throne of God in Righteousness. These are us who won the race :) So it is not them that we emulate, but God, for we, the children of God, are them. So we boldly approach the Throne of God and Love Him for He first Loved Us :D Yes! Amen!

• 1 month later...

Em' u 'late

Verb 1. emulate - strive to equal or match, especially by imitating; "He is emulating the skating skills of his older sister"

imitate, simulate, copy - reproduce someone's behavior or looks; "The mime imitated the passers-by, "Children often copy their parents or older siblings"

2. emulate - imitate the function of (another system), as by modifying the hardware or the software

computer science, computing - the branch of engineering science that studies (with the aid of computers) computable processes and structures

imitate - appear like, as in behavior or appearance; "Life imitate art"

3. emulate - compete with successfully; approach or reach equality with; "This artists's drawings cannot emulate his water colors"

compete, vie, contend - compete for something; engage in a contest; measure oneself against others. (This sounds like what the antichrist is going to be doing when he comes to this earth with his fallen angels, to deceive as many people as he can). The 144,000 are from the 12 tribes of Israel, 12,000 from each tribe. I wouldn't dare try to emulate the 144.000, because I think I would be coveting.

• 4 months later...

Q1. (14:3-5) In what ways do the 144,000 provide an ideal for all Christians to emulate?

They are perfect in their love of the Lamb, and provide a goal for perfect love of the Holy Trinity. We can reach for this, and emulate it to the best of our ability through the practice of cleansing ourselves and participation in the liturgy of the word and the liturgy of the eucharist.

• 4 months later...

We can see the 144,000 as a pattern of what our lives should be like...honest, without sexual immorality, not partakers in the sins of this world and followers of Jesus. We should be the part of the harvest that is wholly dedicated and given as an offering to God.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The 144,000 represent the 12,000 out of each of the tribes of Juda - those who are sealed. Those who are sealed received protection from the Lord during the times of tribulation. You become sealed by faith, perserverence, repentance, etc.

I do not believe those in who receive the white robes are the same as 144,000. Those in robes under the altar represent those who are faithful, remain steadfast, and perserve. They are the overcomers who rule with Jesus over the tribes of Israel - they are given also a crown.

Mat 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

Luk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me; That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

• 6 months later...

Q1. In what ways do the 133,000 provide an ideal for all Christins to emulate?

The 144.000 have overcome this world as they are in heaven with the lamb. This is reason enough to emulate them. But it is good to look over their characteristics showing their Christlike qualities. They are chaste from the pagan world on earth. They are the first fruits of the Lamb. They follow the lamb wherever he goes. They are truthful and spotless. They represent the most faithful of God's people. They are not limited even in their number of 144,000. They are separated from the world. They have followed Christ by giving themselves to God.

• 1 year later...

These are certainly a special group. They are fully dedicated to the Lamb of God. These may be a group to let the world know, the time is near. The number may be literal or symbolical. Whatever the case, they are here with the Lord. Their mission doesn't appear to be finished even at this stage before the throne. The scene now changes to complete despair upon the earth and complete happiness for those caught up into heaven. The arrogance of those on the earth is now over. What has happened to all their power? They have sought for power all their lives. That is now concluded. Christ prepare for His reign upon the earth. God' people are being prepared for their service to the King. Are we the 144,000? Maybe not, but there is still much for us to do.

The 144,000 all are praising God for his grace and love. The could have been the believers, or possible the martyered but they are always looking to God despite what others think.

• 2 weeks later...

The 144,000 are characterized as sexually pure; follow Jesus wherever He goes; did not lie; and are going to be found blameless before the throne of God.

These are all traits Christians need to practice daily.

• 3 weeks later...

The 144,000 are a people who are pure, spotless and blameless before God by the blood of the Lamb, truthful in all things, glorifying and giving praise to God, followers of Christ. As Christians we should be all of this and then some - everyday and in every way.

• 3 months later...

Lately, with all of the problems of Christian leadership being brought out in the open, and those in the congregation who continue to hold them blameless, I am driven toward a deeper commitment to the Word.

Those 144,000 are worthy because they are faithful. Despite all of the trials and temptations, they do not take their eyes off of the Word. In spite of those who try to lead them astray, Jesus is Lord and no other.

As I ponder this I feel the thing to emulate is a commitment to the Word, and to abide in it forever.

• 3 months later...

the 144000 had the faters name written in their foreheads which means that they/we should keep our Lord first and for most in our minds, hearts, and life.

The 144000 were not defiled with the women and neither should we. They are glorifying God and so should we, they are singing and praising God so should we. I Thessalonians 5:16&18

Rejoice evermore In every thing give thanks

Q.1 First they are in God's presence and have His seal. This makes the characteristics particularly noteworthy. What examples to emulate! - spiritual purity not sexually immoral nor idolatrous, followers of the Lamb, purity of speech, without fault, and the firstfruits (allegiance to God as the giver of all) unto God and to the Lamb.

• 2 months later...

Here we are given lots of ways that the 144,000 provide the ideal for christians to emulate:

* redeemed from the earth - salvation is the first step Christians must take

* refrained from adultery or sexual immorality - kept themselves from defiling relationships with the pagan world system

* follow Christ wherever He leads you

* offered as the first-fruits to God and the Lamb

* no lie - truthfulness

* spotless - only by the blood of the Lamb

WOW! If we could keep all these things all the time - wouldn't we stand out from the rest of the world?

• 5 months later...

The 144,000 are those who have the names of the Father and the son written on their foreheads.

The 144,000 sang a new song only understandable only by those purchased

1. This is the redeemed, the saved, Christians, or children of God.

2. They have not been defiled - II Cor. 11:2

a. They have not committed spiritual adultery as Israel did - Hosea 4:12-13

3. They follow the Lamb - John 10:27

a. We must deny ourselves and follow Christ - Matt 16:24

4. They were purchased as first fruits

a. Purchased - Eph. 1:7, Col. 1:14, I Peter 1:10, 19

b. First fruits

(1) The first fruits belong to God - Lev 23:10-11

(2) Christians are first fruits - James 1:18

5. They are honest and blameless - I Peter 2:1, 19-22

a. The church is to be holy and without blemish - Eph. 5:27

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

the 144,oo0 REPRESENTED THE 12 TRIBES OF IRSAEL AND 12 APOSTLES. IT IS A SYMBOLIC NUMBERS. JOHN WROTE IN THIS TEXT CONFUSE THE HEATHEN THAT THAT MIGHT UNDERSTAND. REVELATION IS ALL ABOUT SIGNS AND SYMBOLS. DO NT TAKE IT LITERALLY BECAUSE IT IS NOT. THE GREEK NUMBER NUMBER THOUSAND WAS THE LARGEEST NUMBER IN THEIR TIMES. A THOUSAND YEARS IS A DAY IN GOD EYE-SIGHT. SO 144,000 SEEM LIKE 100MILLION TO US OR TRILLION OR ZILLION. THESE ARE THE RIGHTEOUS PEOPLE IN GOD EYR-SIGHT. THANK YOU FOR THE TIME AND OPPORTUNITY TO EXPLAIN IT TO YOU YOUR BROTHER IN CHRIST ISOM K. RAMSEY