JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Praise in Heaven

Q3. (15:3-4) We see singing and praise in heaven before the throne a number of times in Revelation (4:8, 11; 5:9-10, 12-13; 7:12; 11:17-18; 15:3-4; 19:1-3). What do you learn about appropriate worship from studying these songs? Do you recognize any contemporary songs that seem similar to these?

We can show different levels of reverence and worship to God, depending on how is present and where we are. Seeing God on His throne calls for the maximum reverence and adoration one can muster, in body, mind and spirit. The examples here in Revelation magnify the physical context because the royal throne represents the seat of the King of all Kings. To imagine being within view of this, or to hear joyful praise coming and unlocking our ears and eyes to this is a major blessing. songs of praise, one can never praise Him enough, but we can still try to do it a lot!

Most songs have a direct or indirect spiritual reference, that is why people sign to free their spirit; what a great way to pass one's time!

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. (15:3-4) We see singing and praise in heaven before the throne a number of times in Revelation (4:8, 11; 5:9-10, 12-13; 7:12; 11:17-18; 15:3-4; 19:1-3). What do you learn about appropriate worship from studying these songs? Do you recognize any contemporary songs that seem similar to these?

Praising the Lord through music often seems to make the presence of the Holy Spirit more palpable.

Holy Holy Holy Rev. 4-8

All Glory, Laud and Honour Rev. 4:11, 5:12-13

Washed in the Blood of My Redeemer Rev. 5:9-10

The Lord's Prayer (sung) Rev. 7:12

Praise God, from Whom All Blessings Flow (Doxology) Rev. 11:17-18

How Great Thou Art Rev. 15:3-4

Handel's Hallelujah Chorus Rev. 19:1-3

Plus: Joyful Joyful! We Adore Thee, Ode to Joy

and many more

• 1 month later...

The subject and goal of these singing and praises are centered on giving God due worship. Though we can never give enough worship at every opportunity that we have we should give the praises to God. Many of our choruses do likewise giving praise to God.

• 2 months later...

Q3. (15:3-4)

We see singing and praise in heaven before the throne a number of times in Revelation (4:8, 11; 5:9-10, 12-13; 7:12; 11:17-18; 15:3-4; 19:1-3).

What do you learn about appropriate worship from studying these songs?

Do you recognize any contemporary songs that seem similar to these?

We see us assured of our security and victory; a picture of the joy and happiness that will occur when we follow Christ and being in His presence. We worship our Lord ceaselessly, acknowledging Him as worthy of glory, honour, power, and praise. He is worthy to receive power over my life; my life should be devoted to glorifying Him. There must be a desire to magnify Him in all my ways. I praise Him for freeing me from the bondage of sin. I praise Him for being a God of holiness. I praise Him for His righteousness. I praise Him for punishing evil. We can see this in the songs we sing:

Worthy is the Lamb seated on the throne,

Worthy is the Lamb who was slain,

To receive power and riches

And wisdom and strength,

Honour and glory, glory and praise,

For ever and ever more.

All heaven declares

The glory of the risen Lord.

At the name of Jesus

Every knee shall bow,

Every tongue confess Him

King of glory now;

For His name is exalted,

His glory above heaven and earth.

Holy is the Lord God Almighty,

Who was and who is and who is to come.

I give you all the honour

And praise that

• 4 months later...

Singing and song usually bring pleasure. When we sing songs of worship to the Lord, it is out of true expressions from our heart. We can bring God pleasure from this expression of our love for Him.

Praise grows out of worship and God is to be worshiped at all times, in all places, and circumstances. . . Praise also indicates victory - we have the the victory. . .

B)

• 1 month later...

Worship in Praise,is the most effective way of Glorifying,honoring our Lord and God.

Praise,through singing is another way of expressing our devotion,our prayers,lifting our voices proclaiming His Holiness.

It is also a means to Thank the Lord for all the great Things that He has Done,for His daily,provisions,and for the Miracles that He has done and will do in our life.

Singing praise also proclaim our confession that We Worship our Lord,the True and Mighty King,..It separates us from the worshippers of idols,and pagan religions,FOR WE DECLARE THE LOVING KINDNESS OF OUR LORD JESUS..who will reign forever and ever AMEN.

• 3 months later...

This is such joy!!!

The Lord is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation!

All the songs in Revelation as well as the song of Moses and Miriam in Exodus 15 declare this truth. They are songs that declare the glory of God. They tell a story of who He is, what He has done, the praise He is due and the glory and power He has. They are songs that we, though humble in singing them, receive great joy in also, for the Lamb has conquered on our behalf! Glorious day! What we could never accomplish....He did! For us! He is worthy! Almighty! God! All praise and glory and honor and wisdom and power to Him. In thankfulness we raise our voices. In humbleness we are in awe and sing with great emotion for our God has saved us!

I woke up last night with a song being sung over me. I thought at the time, "Oh! It's on Revelation!" but to read the lesson today caused me to bow before Him in great love and faithfulness, for He IS my strength and my song. He IS my salvation and has been good to me!

The song is:

One Day (Living He loved Me)

Sung by Casting Crowns. (How appropriate!)

One day when Heaven is filled with His praises,

One day when sin was as black as could be,

Jesus came forth to be born of a virgin,

He dwelt among men, my example is He.

Living He loved me, dying He saved me,

Buried He carried my sins far away.

Rising He justified. Freely forever.

One day He's coming. Oh glorious day!

One day they led Him, up Calvary's mountain.

One day they nailed Him to die on a tree.

Suffering anguish, despised and rejected,

bearing our sins, my Redeemer is He.

One day the grave, could conceal Him no longer.

One day the stone rolled from the door.

Then He arose, O'er death He had conquered.

Now is ascended, my Lord forevermore!

One day the trumpet will sound at His coming.

One day the skies with His glories will shine.

Wonderful day my beloved was bringing!

Glorious Savior! This Jesus is mine!

Living He loved me! Dying He saved me!

Buried He carried my sin far away!

Rising He justified! Freely forever!

One day He's coming!,Oh glorious day!

Oh glorious day!

Oh glorious day!

One day the trumpet will sound His coming!

One day the skies with His glories will shine!

Oh glorious day!

Amen!!!

• 1 month later...

Worship comes as a natural response in adoration of our God as we experience His love, faithfulness and glory. Appropriate praise and worship stems from God being who He is and our relation to Him. It revolves and centers around Him and only Him, everything (ourselves included) fade into the background, He is magnified and glorified with our praises (be enthroned in the praises of your people). We must worship Him in spirit and in truth. In the book of revelation, we see all the host of heaven bowing down before Him in allegiance and humility to His greatness and personhood. Constant praise comes forth from their mouths to honor the Almighty God for there is none more worthy than Him of all praise and worship.

Blessings, glory and honor/ I exalt thee/ Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord/ Worship you in spirit and in truth/ Worthy is the Lamb/ Revelation Song/ You are worthy Lord/ Hallelujah/ Be glorified/ I adore You/ Lord, I lift your name on high/ He Reigns/ El Shaddai/ Shout to Lord/ Agnus Dei/ Everlasting God, etc. etc.

• 3 months later...

Some of the songs that are similar to these are Holy Holy and O the Blood,Bless assurance.Some of the songs and hymns that our grandmother and mother

sung are better and have more meaning than the one that we have today.

• 1 year later...

To worship God almighty is truly a deep down soul blessing. Songs like "Holy Ground", even right now as I am typing this, sends joys through my soul that makes me want to scream and shout, YES, LORD GOD I GIVE YOU THE ULTIMATE PRAISE BECAUSE YOU ARE SO WORTHY! When praises go up blessings come down. Could you imagine singing praises in the heavenly choir where everyday is Sunday? I could. It brings total joy to my soul!

• 4 weeks later...

The many many songs that were inspired by the Book of Revelation are all praising God.  He is awesome.  He is in charge.  He is the First and the Last.  Everyone shall sing of His mighty works and His accomplishments.  He is worthy to be praised.  The UN Methodist Hymnal is full of the songs and too numerous to mention.  A couple of my favorites are, 'When the Roll is Called Up Yonder', 'Beulah Land', and 'Jesus, Name Above all Names.'  Praising our Saviour day and night.  What a way to spend eternity!

• 2 weeks later...

Appropriate worship includes the acknowledgment of the sovereignty of God over creation; His works; His holiness; His purity and truth; His love and loving kindness; His righteousness; His entitlement to be worshipped; His consistency in His character; acknowledgment  and thanks for the blood spill by Jesus Christ for making each believe a part of the Kingdom of God and priests to serve Him.  Praising Jesus, the slain Lamb of God for His wisdom and strength and honor and glory.  Praising God for salvation which is only in Him.

Revelation Song is contemporary praise song taken from Revelation.

• 1 year later...

We need to give all our praises to God. We need to rejoice in the fact that He is who He is. We need to keep holy His name.

Some songs that I love to sing are:

Awesome God

Awesome is this Place

BLessed Be Your Name

Everlasting God.

Glory

God of this City

Great is the Lord

How Great is Our God

You are Holy

• 1 year later...
  • Pastor Ralph changed the title to Q3. Praise in Heaven