JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Praise in Heaven

Q3. (15:3-4)

We see singing and praise in heaven before the throne a number of times in Revelation (4:8, 11; 5:9-10, 12-13; 7:12; 11:17-18; 15:3-4; 19:1-3). What do you learn about appropriate worship from studying these songs?

1. The songs tell the story or reveal the plan and state the purpose of life. The songs of Revelation tell us:

- what God and Jesus did for us

- who they are

- their roles

- our roles

- our destiny and outcome

- that a 'song' has been sung throughout history (Moses to the Lamb) and is to this day and will be forever; His plan in motion. Angels singing unending choruses while the people throughout history chant the verses marching onwards like a duet between heaven and earth united, together from the time of creation till we reach 'home'.

2. We learn how to approach in worship Jesus and God by how they are portrayed in the songs of Revelation:

God and Jesus are portrayed as:

- Rev 4:8: Holy, Almighty, eternal (we are worshipping not a human but beings, powerful ones - God and Jesus)

- Rev 4:11: Creator, worthy of glory, honor, power (we are created by the creator)

- Rev 5:9-10: Authority and power is Jesus' (we are purchased by His blood for God; he gives us purpose and postion on earth to serve God)

- Rev 5:12-13:Equal in worship is to God and Jesus (we forever worship and praise for all they have done)

- Rev 7:12: to give praise, glory, wisdom, thanks, honor, power, strength be God's forever (we have salvation, the foe is defeated)

- Rev 11:17-18: He reigns over all nations and will judge all. He is rewarder and destroyer when the time comes (we give thanks to the Lord God for taking his great power and reigning - no more evil)

- Rev15:3-4:Great and marvelous are your deeds - throughout history (we read and hear what is written in the Bible, revealed to us through the word)

- Rev 19:1-3: He condemns the prostitute, Babylon, who corrupted the earth (we give Him praise)

3. We learn appropriate worship to God and Jesus is to:

- approach with humbleness

- approach with reverence

- approach with thankfulness and gratitude

- approach in dignity as heirs at the face of royalty; our Majesty

Do you recognize any contemporary songs that seem similar to these?

I can hum the tune and think of words in a song but I am not great at remembering the titles of songs. Eight songs comes to mind but not sure if the titles are correct either:

Yahweh (Creator God)

Worthy is the Lamb

Your Majesty

Above All

Give Thanks With a Grateful Heart

I Stand in Awe of You

This is the Air I Breath

My Jesus, My Savior

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Q3. (15:3-4) We see singing and praise in heaven before the throne a number of times in Revelation (4:8, 11; 5:9-10, 12-13; 7:12; 11:17-18; 15:3-4; 19:1-3). What do you learn about appropriate worship from studying these songs?

To worship God is to praise Him and glorify His Holy Name. Singing His praises is a wonderful way to worship. These songs teach us not only of the glory of God but also of His wrath.

Do you recognize any contemporary songs that seem similar to these?

Some of the newer songs that come to mind are:

Majesty

Through It All

He Leadeth Me

Because He Lives

The Wonder Of It All

The Anchor Holds

I could list many more, but these are a few of my favorites. :rolleyes:

• 4 months later...

These songs - most christian songs - are songs of praise. They glorify God and lift him up. Through singing them we let God know how we feel, how precious and important he is to us. :D

• 1 month later...
Q3. (15:3-4) We see singing and praise in heaven before the throne a number of times in Revelation (4:8, 11; 5:9-10, 12-13; 7:12; 11:17-18; 15:3-4; 19:1-3). What do you learn about appropriate worship from studying these songs? Do you recognize any contemporary songs that seem similar to these?

We praise God day & night continually. Making God the beginning, center, & ending of all we do in Him & for His Name Sake. For He is Worthy to receive the Glory, Honor, & Power. He is our Creator. And the only one that can open the Book of Life which contains the names of His priestly Kingdom.

There are many contemporary songs of worship that I recognize for having coming from the Book of Revelation. :D

• 1 month later...

Rev 15:3 And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints. Exoudus 15:1 Then they sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the Lord, and spake, saying, I will sing unto the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea. Deuteronomy 31:22 Moses therefore wrote this song the same day, and taught it the children of Israel. (30) And Moses spake in the ears of all the congregation of Israel the words of this song, until they were ended. Deuteronomy 32:44 And Moses came and spake all the words of this song in the ears of the people, he and Hoshea the son of Nun. This is the song we will be singing in Revelation 15:3 after the second advent of Christ. Just don't fall for the anti-christ while he and his fallen angels are on this earth for 5 months, deceiving and promising to help you with any problem that you may have, spirit, finance, emotions, they are going to give you all the love that you need, just as long as you worship the anti-christ. You are not going to be "raptured" away, we all, who are living, will be here to witness this.

• 4 months later...

Q3. (15:3-4) We see singing and praise in heaven before the throne a number of times in Revelation (4:8, 11; 5:9-10, 12-13; 7:12; 11:17-18; 15:3-4; 19:1-3). What do you learn about appropriate worship from studying these songs? Do you recognize any contemporary songs that seem similar to these?

Make a joyous noise to the Lord. Lift your heart for we are going to Heaven!!!

I love that in many of the Christian branches, there is a liturgy that actually includes songs from scripture, and Revelation in particular.

I've heard some of these sentiments in some contemporary songs by U2, Creed, and Yes among many others. Not just blatant Christian artists, but many mainstream artists are beginning to express these sentiments in their lyrics.

"Soon, oh soon the light,

Pass within and soothe this endless night,

and wait here for you,

our reason to be here.....

Jon Anderson From Yes' "The Gates of Delirium"

A piece of music, by the way, based on Revelation

• 4 months later...

Throughout the Bible and history, music is instrumental (pardon the pun) in worshipping and praising God. All worship should include praise..."Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name....."

Songs that came to mind were: Holy, Holy, Holy and Praise Him.

• 2 months later...

Many of today's contemporary songs quote Biblical scriptures throughout their words and phrases. It is wonderful! Just like David was a man after God's own heart with his singing and dancing and worshipping. God delights in this - he delights when we are enjoy worshipping him in our own ways. In all things, give joy and worship unto the Lord. I praise the Lord when what I think is "bad" happens to me - I sing and worship Him and thank him that through the tribulations, he remains with me.

We were made to glorify God through worship.

• 3 weeks later...

They teach us how to be thankful that God has chosen to reveal himself to us and teach us how to love Him. They teach us that as long as we are willing to freely follow Him and worship Him that He will be faithful to proctect us.

Yes there are a lot of comtemporary songs similar. A few of my favorite ones are, I Can Only Imagine,The Power Of The Resurection, Sing To The Glory of His Name,and Worthy Is The Lamb.

• 6 months later...

I believe appropriate worship should come from my heart when I praise and thank the Lord.

Christian music in many forms helps me to praise and worship the Lord. O Come all ye Faithfull, Onward Christian Soldiers, Amazing Grace all come to mind. I like many of the present day Christian artists such as Darlene Zcshech, Kirk Franklin, Nichole Nordeman, Sara Groves and many more.

The inhabitants of heaven praise the Lord God Almighty continuously. Perhaps this is the reason when we are praising God we can be filled with a lifting up as our praise move us toward heaven and our Lord. Praises are given to God as only He is worthy to be praised. I recognized songs from these scriptures: Holy, Holy, Holy, Alleeluia, and He is Worthy to be Praised.

• 1 month later...

WE SHOULD SING PRAISE AND WORSHIP TO GOD ALL OF THE TIME. HE LOVES IT WHEN WE PRAISE HIM AND WORSHIP HIM. WE SHOULD WANT TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP HIM IN ALL HIS GLORY.

• 10 months later...

Absolutely! and in the older hymns. Praise songs through the ages concerning Christ our Savior, God our Father and the Spirit sing the praise and adoration of the saints. So many focus on Christ since He is the One Who has come and gained our salvation. We owe everything to Him. We would not be able to enjoy this salvation one day without His blood. Our victory is through His blood and the word of our testimony. These praises cause the devil great disdain. But, try as he may, he will never drown out the praise and testimony of the redeemed for their Redeemer.

I believe that we learn how much more magnificant than we can ever image for His ways are not our ways and He is infanitate. "Holy Holy Holy" "Praise the King"

• 3 weeks later...

It seems that being in the direct presence of God brings out the joy, praise and worship of a saint. From my own experience it seems the closer I walk with Jesus, the more awesome changes God brings in my life and the more I see lifes change around me for Jesus the more I want to give Him glory. Praise and worship comes with experiencing God.

• 2 weeks later...

Worship should be from the heart directly from me directly to God. Nothing or no one matters when you are in the presence of an almighty God who loves you. Worship involves our voices our tongues our bodies our arms totally giving of ourselves to the worship of Him.

Holy holy holy, Lord God Almighty, Halleujah chorus, Oh for a thousand tongues

• 3 months later...

I learn that in order to properly worship Adonai we need to recognize and verbalize His diety, His maginificance, His awesome might, His holiness, His glory, His fearfulness.

I immediately saw Holy, Holy and parts of others whose titles escape me as hymns that to me are as contemporary today as they were when they were written.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Q.3 Appropriate worship is acknowledging the characteristics of God. These passages in Rev. give us many characteristics - Holy, Worthy, the Creator, Redeemer, Praiseworthy, Eternal, Judge, the Rewarder, Just, Truthful, Righteous, etc. So many songs but these come to mind - Holy, Holy, Holy, Standing on Holy Ground, Praise Him, Praise Him, Blessed Redeemer, Thou Art Worthy, This is My Father's World, Our God is An Awesome God, How Great Thou Art, etc.

• 1 month later...

The words of worship songs are important, worship is with our whole lives - not just at one particular time etc. We should worship in spirit and in truth. Our Lord is with us at all times and we should be worshipping Him all the time with everything we do in every circumstances.

Just to name a few songs: Holy, Holy, Holy; Salvation Belongs to Our God; I Exalt Thee; Thou Art Worthy; Mighty is Our God...

• 5 months later...

I learn that God is Righteous and Great.

This song is the response of the righteous to the decisions of the judgment on the great day of atonement. He has chosen them as His people and He has rejected the wicked and will punish them with the plagues. These people have a faith built upon both the Old and New Testaments. They sing the song of Moses. The song of the victory over those that would keep them from the worship of the True God and the keeping of His Shabath. They sing the song of the Lamb. The song of the victory that Christ gives over death, the grave and over sin.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Appropriate worship glorifies God. We are to do this through praise and song.

Holy Holy Holy

Worthy is the Lamp

My God is an awesome God

When we all get to heaven

• 5 months later...

Q3. (15:3-4) We see singing and praise in heaven before the throne a number of times in Revelation (4:8, 11; 5:9-10, 12-13; 7:12; 11:17-18; 15:3-4; 19:1-3). What do you learn about appropriate worship from studying these songs?

I learned it is appropriate that all nations should be singing, Holy is the Lord God Almighty and worthy is God