JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 3 months later...

The core of the gospel is so very simple, really.  Jesus is the Christ (the Anointed One sent of God) who died for humanity’s sin/rebellion against God, was buried and sealed in a tomb, and was raised from death on the third day – all in complete accordance with the prophecies of Scriptures written centuries before.  His resurrection was validated by numerous appearances to His beloved friends and a multitude of followers.

Paul said here that this truth is the most important part of the Gospel message.  Change any component of that, and you’ve abandoned/perverted accurate reality.

Q2. (1 Corinthians 15:3-7 ) What is the core of the gospel according to this verse?

The core is that Jesus died for our sins, was buried and was raised on the third day when he was seen by Peter; the 12 and by 500 other 'disciples;, Then he appeared to James and  than to Paul.

Paraphrase it in your own words based on this passage.

What more is there to say!

What is the core of the gospel according to this verse?

Receive the gospel.  Believe Jesus died,  Believe he was raised from the dead.  Believe there were witnesses to this truth.

Believing that Jesus died on the cross for our sins - believing that after He died, He was put into a tomb (buried) - that after three days in the tomb, Jesus arose from the tomb, alive, to live forever more.  More than 500 people are witnesses to the risen Christ.

Paraphrase it in your own words based on this passage?

I want to tell you what Jesus told me as true, that Jesus died on the cross, taking all sin into His body.  He was then buried in a borrowed tomb with a large stone rolled across the entrance and with Roman soldiers as guards.  Early on the third day, Jesus arose from the tomb.  An angel came and rolled the stone away from the entrance to show anyone that Jesus was not there.  After His resurrection Jesus was seen by:

- Cephas

- the twelve

- more than 500 Jewish brothers at the same time

- James, the brother of Jesus

- all the apostles

- Paul

Paul, saying that he at the last had seen Jesus.

Q2. (1 Corinthians 15:3-7 ) What is the core of the gospel according to this verse? Paraphrase it in your own words based on this passage.

I love how simple and easy it is to understand the Gospel...it shows how MUCH He wants to reach everyone...even the simple minded can understand this message:

As was prophesied throughout even the oldest books of the Old Testament (Job: I know that my Redeemer lives...) :

Jesus the anointed Messiah came from Heaven as a sinless man and died for the sins of the whole world,  so that whoever says "Yes" to Him will be saved and have eternal life.

He was crucified on a cross, died, and was buried and arose on the third day.

After He arose, he was seen first by Peter (I love that Jesus restored Peter privately for his betrayal and denial...forgiving and welcoming Peter with such grace, love, and acceptance...but then Jesus Is the Person of Grace!)

That Jesus was risen from the dead was witnessed by over 500 people, and first to Peter, including the 12 apostles on several occasions, and James, most were still alive when Paul wrote to the Colossians.

1 Corinthians 15:3-7

Q). What is the core of the gospel according to this verse?

A). Jesus was crucified as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. He was buried and was resurrected from the grave three days later. After he arose from the grave he was seen by over five hunderd people. Then he ascended into heaven. And whoever will believe in him shall not perish but have eternal life. Amen.

(see John 3:16)

Q2. (1 Corinthians 15:3-7) 

The core of the gospel is the resurrection of Christ – without this fact our religion is meaningless. Our Lord Jesus died for our sins, as was prophesied in the Scriptures; was buried but rose on the third day, and appeared to more than 500. 

The core of the Gospel in my own words:

Jesus was sent from God the Father to atone for my sins so I could be reconciled to Him. Jesus was the Paschal Lamb, sacrificed for me. He died on the cross, was buried and rose again on the third day. He fulfilled all scripture of the long awaited Messiah and He was proven to be the Son of God. He appeared to many after He rose from the dead. All these things are written down so many will believe and through Him, they will have eternal life.

Q2. (1 Corinthians 15:3-7) What is the core of the gospel according to this verse? Paraphrase it in your own words based on this passage.

The “core” of the Gospel spoken of here, has been foretold to us in the Hebrew Scriptures!

1. Sin separates us from God, and if not dealt with will hinder us from hearing, understanding what Paul has “PASSED on to US” - (Isaiah 59:2) your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.)

2. “Christ Died and was Buried” for our sins, is why God in his love sent his perfect Son, Israel’s Messiah, Yeshua, (Jesus) as an offering for our sin, so that those who believe on Him might have life everlasting. (Isaiah 52: 13-53: 9) He made his grave with the wicked and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.)

3. The Messiah, God’s Son, “Rose from the Grave”.  All three of the major sections of the Scriptures foretold this to us, (Leviticus 23:9-15) – the Prophets, (Isaiah 53) and the “Writings, this is why I, we can rejoice (Psalm 16:9-11) therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices: my flesh also will rest in hope.  For thou will not leave my soul in hell; neither will thou suffer the Holy One to see corruption.  Thou will show me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore;

And it must have been in the heart of Luke as he also quoted and rejoiced in this hope that lives within us, (Act 2:26-27) Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither will thou suffer the Holy One to see corruption.

4. It is important that our “Faith” hold unto the hope, it is because Christ was resurrected that we also will be resurrected, let our lives display this hope as we are watching and waiting for that which was spoken of by Daniel 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Q2. (1 Corinthians 15:3-7 ) What is the core of the gospel according to this verse? Paraphrase it in your own words based on this passage.

The core of the gospel according to 1 Corinth. 15:3-7 Isaiah 53, Christ has died for our sins (crucified on the cross); he was buried and on the third day He rose, being the first fruit of the defeat of sin and after resurrection was seen by the apostles and as many as 500 people at one time.

To paraphrase, Jesus Christ was the Son of God according to Matthew 3:17, baptized and preached the good news of the Kingdom of God. He was crucified and died for the sins of the world. He rose on the third day and was seen by His apostles and many others. He ascended into Heaven and will return again to gather His own and put an end to evil and Satan.       

Christ died for our sins,was buried, was raised on the third day and appeared to numerous witnesses.

Paraphrase it in your own words based on this passage?

As trustworthy witnesses have received and passed on that all occurred in accord with Scripture that Christ died for our sins, He was buried and was raised from the dead three days later, was seen by Cephas, the Twelve,500 brethren (some still living) James, all the apostles then Paul.

• 3 weeks later...

The core of the Gospel according to Paul is follows:

·         That Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures

·         He was buried

·         He rose from the dead on the third day according to scriptures

·         He appeared to Peter, the 12, all the apostles, 500 others at the same time, also to James, the brother of our Lord Jesus Christ and later to Paul.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.joyfulheart.com/forums/topic/1378-q2-gospel-core/

The core of the gospel is wrapped up in receiving the message and passing it on/communicating it to others, that Jesus died for our sins, that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day, according to Scriptures, and that He appeared sequentially to Peter, the Twelve, 500+ brothers, his brother James, all of the apostles, and Paul.

• 7 years later...

Q2. (1 Corinthians 15:3-7 )

What is the core of the gospel according to these verses?

According to what the Scriptures foretold, Christ the Messiah, died for our sins, was buried and rose again on the 3rd day.  There are many witnesses to this fact, as He, the risen Christ, appeared to many.

• 1 year later...