JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. (1:1) How would you describe the behavior of a Christian who identifies more with his present homeland than his heavenly one? Have you ever caught yourself doing this? What has to happen to get our spiritual priorities straight? One who has not fully understood the real meaning of what a home with God really is. Their priorities indicate that earthly things are more valuable that that which is spiritual. I have caught mysefl doing it a lot. But getshocked back into reality. Nothing in this world can compare to what God has in store for us in heaven. Spiritual bankruptcy

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CARES MORE ABOUT THE WORLD AND WORLDLY THINGS.YES I HAVE BEEN CAUGHT UP IN THE WORRIES OF THIS FLESHLY LIFE.WHAT HAS TO HAPPEN IS WE MUST CONTINUE TO PRAY AND COMMUNICATE WITH OUR HEAVENLY FATHER THROUGHOUT OUR DAY WE NEED TO KEEP OUR MIND ON SPIRITUAL THINGS THE MIND IS THE BATTLEFIELD WHERE ALL SIN STARTS.WE NEED TO KEEP FOCUS ON GOD AND KEEP STUDYING HIS WORD NOT JUST READING BUT STUDYING. THE BIBLE SAYS STUDY TO SHOW YOURSELF APPROVED NOT JUST READ.WE NEED TO STUDY TO GET OUR SPIRITUAL FOOD.JUST LIKE WE NEED PHYSICAL FOOD FOR OUR BODIES WE NEED SPIRITUAL FOOD FOR OUR SPIRIT.SO WE WILL BE STRONG ENOUGH TO FIGHT SATAN WHEN HE ATTACKS WE CAN TAKE A WORD AND KNOCK HIM DOWN. WE ARE IN A SPIRITUAL BATTLE AND WE MUST PUT ON THE FULL ARMOR OF GOD.

Is clear all of us human we are part of God itself but because our fall it divede us into 2 - 1 is those put theyre hopes in this material world and 2 those who put theyre hope in Jusus salvation so went we are Christians or better to say went we accept Christ with our hearth we are not belong to this world we are belong to the spirt even the body is nothing is just a instrument the material world around us is nothing because will perish if that is the case make sence that the part in us never died goes where is belong to take part with the spirit of God perfect creation for those who believe . Those who want to live in this material world is because theyre own will and because do not accept Jesus salvation preach to the world so no one is excuse to say "I did not knew that". So it make sence also we will sufer as Peter says but our reward is coming went we will go home a place of eternal peace . At the moment we live in this world as alien to preach the Gospel and do God will over human kind . We know Jesus pay the price so we are excuse of condenation and we now can take part with him . The world will die we live for ever in God presents.

CARES MORE ABOUT THE WORLD AND WORLDLY THINGS.YES I HAVE BEEN CAUGHT UP IN THE WORRIES OF THIS FLESHLY LIFE.WHAT HAS TO HAPPEN IS WE MUST CONTINUE TO PRAY AND COMMUNICATE WITH OUR HEAVENLY FATHER THROUGHOUT OUR DAY WE NEED TO KEEP OUR MIND ON SPIRITUAL THINGS THE MIND IS THE BATTLEFIELD WHERE ALL SIN STARTS.WE NEED TO KEEP FOCUS ON GOD AND KEEP STUDYING HIS WORD NOT JUST READING BUT STUDYING. THE BIBLE SAYS STUDY TO SHOW YOURSELF APPROVED NOT JUST READ.WE NEED TO STUDY TO GET OUR SPIRITUAL FOOD.JUST LIKE WE NEED PHYSICAL FOOD FOR OUR BODIES WE NEED SPIRITUAL FOOD FOR OUR SPIRIT.SO WE WILL BE STRONG ENOUGH TO FIGHT SATAN WHEN HE ATTACKS WE CAN TAKE A WORD AND KNOCK HIM DOWN. WE ARE IN A SPIRITUAL BATTLE AND WE MUST PUT ON THE FULL ARMOR OF GOD.

29 If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.

We need not to be duble minded because we still in this world and it happen a lot of time that why the Holy Spirit guard us agains this kind of thinking . But we most not to be worry we most all the time look up not matter what . This is real fight agains all Evil using our body to control our minds ofering all kind of desires . We may fall and get up and as you say we need to read God word for me is the only way I can confront this word nothing else but I try to keep my mind from worries is not good for me I give all to God .

• 2 weeks later...

"strangers in the world"

The behavior of a stranger is behavior that is different than the norm, based on norms from their home culture and not in sync with the culture in which they are currently located. Christians are, in fact, strangers in the world because our home is in the Kingdom of God. Therefore it would expected that a Christian would feel a little uncomfortable, sometimes make others uncomfortable, see things differently and behave differently at times. I myself often feel all-too-comfortable and at home in the world. When I am identifying with my present homeland, I find worry about money, health, employment, reputation, possessions (all typical behaviors for our society). I also tend to obsess about my relationships with people -- becoming a people pleaser -- and base my view of myself on the feedback I get. This is an ongoing struggle for me. It would be less of a struggle if I would immerse myself in the Word and open myself to being reminded of my true home more often. Then I would be giving the Holy Spirit a chance to remind me of the truth more and more, and I'd be able to act on it more and more.

• 2 weeks later...

Q1. (1:1) How would you describe the behavior of a Christian who identifies more with his present homeland than his heavenly one? Have you ever caught yourself doing this? What has to happen to get our spiritual priorities straight?

Living and doing things for the hear and now. More focused on the world and wordly things. possibly suicidal, getting so caught up in current circustances or trials that you are depressed, no longer effective for the kingdom.

Yes I have found myself doing this because sometimes life gets the best of you sometimes.

Must stay in the word, prayed up and have someone to be accountable to remain focused.

Q1. (1:1) How would you describe the behavior of a Christian who identifies more with his present homeland than his heavenly one? Have you ever caught yourself doing this? What has to happen to get our spiritual priorities straight?

I would call this having "one foot in and one foot out". Another way that I think of it is that you are riding the fence of Christianity. When we hold on to this present place as our homeland, then we begin to focus on the ways of the world (money, material things, etc). We forget that EVERYTHING belongs to the Lord our God, EVERYTHING== including our children, homes, etc. I have definitely caught myself doing this, specifically when I think of (God forbid), losing everything that I have. It is so easy to forget that this place is temporary and while we are called to spread the Good News about Jesus Christ, work, educate our children, etc, while we are here; it is very easy to get caught up in all that and forget that it is all being done for the Lord and not for ourselves. I think that in some people's situations a tragedy has to happen to get priorities straight. But for me, usually hearing the Word of God reminds me of what my priorities are. I frequently have to ask God to set my priorities straight as I can get off track way too easily.

I feel like one that identifies more with this present world than his heavenly one is like a wanderer going about not knowing where he's going usually not ending up any where secure.

Yes, I have caught myself doing this in times past. Then I have to remember where I need to turn to find my peace.

In order to get our spiritual priorities straight we must seek the Glory oh God and surrender to His will and not our own.

• 2 weeks later...

I described this as worldly,as a new christian I want to talk the talk but also walk the walk,lots of people in my business ( waitress) that I serve claims chirstianity but isnt by there actions and I am not judging them but pray for them,i have seen a christian waitress who is greedy by grabbing customers and give away food to them,anger that is easy to set off,I pray daily for strength to overcome all adversary and to be a light in the dark world,to be a witness to everyone I come in contct with thru my actions and attitude,and the better my attitude the higher the altitude toward Jesus Christ

Divided loyalties. Yes I have. Total submission of our wills to his will.

hi,

A christian who really believes that he has been raised up and seated in heaven with christ(eph 2:6),will definitely act as pastor Ralph and his team,dedicating all their time and soul to the work of god through all means to reach out to others,as we have been commanded to do.Such christians for me definitely have already been linked to the kingdom of god.A christian who is still attached to his present homeland will value spending time with the world's exciting parties,movies,people,and other stressful tasks rather than spending time worshipping god.The craving desire that takes place when a true believer is away from home is different from an 'only sunday church christian'.A christian whose foundation is on the rock never stumbles.

yes,it happened to me in a different sense,- when i was pregnant for the first time,i went through a very hard time with my gynae.she tormented me so much that instead of encouraging me she almost destroyed me...and instead of putting my faith into action and praying for her, i used to meditate on her very words...that took my peace away and i got terrified of her.she had such a controlling spirit that one can hardly rebuke.The worst when she said one day that i will be a diabetic soon and i did suffer from gestational diabetes!!!!! all our money had to be invested in my health .But then i said ' it is finished' just like my jesus said on the cross.i started praying and believed that jesus took my diseases and infirmities.I was then healed but took out of it a great lesson.Now my priorities are set right .I LIVE on the word of god.The word of god is the BREAD of my lifeand if i had the word in me none of those negative spirits would have tormented me. My temple was empty!But today i want my body to be the temple of god.

[/hi,

A christian who really believes that he has been raised up and seated in heaven with christ(eph 2:6),will definitely act as pastor Ralph and his team,dedicating all their time and soul to the work of god through all means to reach out to others,as we have been commanded to do.Such christians for me definitely have already been linked to the kingdom of god.A christian who is still attached to his present homeland will value spending time with the world's exciting parties,movies,people,and other stressful tasks rather than spending time worshipping god.The craving desire that takes place when a true believer is away from home is different from an 'only sunday church christian'.A christian whose foundation is on the rock never stumbles.

yes,it happened to me in a different sense,- when i was pregnant for the first time,i went through a very hard time with my gynae.she tormented me so much that instead of encouraging me she almost destroyed me...and instead of putting my faith into action and praying for her, i used to meditate on her very words...that took my peace away and i got terrified of her.she had such a controlling spirit that one can hardly rebuke.The worst when she said one day that i will be a diabetic soon and i did suffer from gestational diabetes!!!!! all our money had to be invested in my health .But then i said ' it is finished' just like my jesus said on the cross.i started praying and believed that jesus took my diseases and infirmities.I was then healed but took out of it a great lesson.Now my priorities are set right .I LIVE on the word of god.The word of god is the BREAD of my lifeand if i had the word in me none of those negative spirits would have tormented me. My temple was empty!But today i want my body to be the temple of god.quote]

• 2 weeks later...

I think some Christian forgets why we are here on this hearth and they are loosing their faith in the Lord even though they are the one in the front raw in church. Of course i have found myself doing the same, but lately i have been staying in the word of God so the Lord can help and lead me to do what he has created me for before his Kingdom come.

• 1 month later...

Q1. (1:1)

How would you describe the behavior of a Christian who identifies more with his present homeland than his heavenly one?

Have you ever caught yourself doing this?

What has to happen to get our spiritual priorities straight?

Unfortunately many Christians cling on to fame and fortune. They seek to accumulate as much materialistically as possible. They are focused on worldly goods and thoughts, to the detriment of their relationship with our Lord. Yes, I have often found myself doing this. Thankfully that was in the past and the Holy Spirit has made me realize that my citizenship is in Heaven. As God

Worldly is how I would describe a Christian who loves this life more than Heaven. Yes, there are times when I've got caught up in worldly things and lost my focus on Jesus. Things in the world loose there appeal or they don't last. I've learned that Jesus really doesn't change, He is the one true source of peace and happiness in our hearts.

• 3 weeks later...

-A Christian who identifies more with his present homeland than his heavenly one can be described as typical.

-Yes, I do this.

-Spending more time in Prayer, Worship, Scripture, Fellowship, Giving of ourselves, self-denial and Christian service.

• 4 weeks later...

Lost and missing out on so much more. When we live in the world we take the chance of getting lost in it or being consumed by it. I have been caught up in the world way to many times in my life. Praise God that he always pulls me back sometimes gently, sometimes with all his might. Either way he brings me back and I'm better for it. Each time I grow more in Him and I want less and less of the world.

He is more focused on the world the on the Lord. He lives his life without regard to whether or not he is sinning, but uses God's forgivness to give him licence to continue to sin.

Yes unfortuantely many time. It greives me to think how long I have lived the lie. Claiming to be a Christian, even believing I am one, but coninuing on living in the World.

God happened he allowed me to nearly drown. Thank God he had his anchor securly around me and he pulled me out just in time.

• 1 month later...

When I'm not in the Word, I get caught up in the negetive of the world(Financial, social issues, wanting things, etc.)I need the Word not in my head , but in my heart and talking to God everyday, and christian fellowship.

• 2 months later...

Those that are identifying with the world more than with God have a tendency to not take their faith with them in all that they do;. they say and do all the right things when they are at church but that faith isn't seen in their everyday life. They are acting and talking as the world would instead of being as God has called us to be. We are to go out into the world and bring God with us not leave Him behind.

I have done this but thankfully God has always sought me out to remind me where I am supposed to be and that I am to display the attributes of Jesus in my everyday life.

I have to seek God first in all that I do and to stay in His word and in prayer.

• 1 month later...

It is important for me to hear what God wants me to do right now, and do it. If I am thinking about the topic above, I'm UNABLE TO HEAR HIM. I might do something that my EGO thinks is right, since my ego is "so smart" and has been like thins most of my life.

For me what has to happen is like the 46 Psalm 10, where "be still and know that I am God,I will be exalted among [all] the nations, I will be exalted in [all] the earth."

It is natural that God be exalted everywhere, he made everything. Seeing the simplicity of loving to worship Him and do His will right now at this exact moment seems like the best think to do. then we are part of His kingdom, ready like to angles to do as he bids us to do. Then it doesn't matter when He calls us home. We'll be ready to obey Him and enter the fully spiritual energy plane, ready to work for Him a different way.

Praise our might God , he created us, and he loves us.

• 4 weeks later...

CHRISTIANS WHO IDENTIFY MORE WITH THIS WORLD RATHER THAN THEIR HEAVENLY HOME ACT VERY CARNAL AND WORLDLY. A LOT OF TIMES, PEOPLE CANT EVEN TELL THAT THEY'RE CHRISTIANS BECAUSE OF THE WAY THEY SPEAK, DRESS, ETC.WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE SEPARATED UNTO GOD, CHOSEN TO DO GREAT AND MIGHTY THINGS FOR HIM. WE ARE IN THIS WORLD, BUT NOT OF THIS WORLD.I HAVE CAUGHT MYSELF SPEAKING LIKE THE WORLD AT TIMES, WHICH IS NEGATIVE AND FULL OF DOUBT RATHER THAN WORDS FILLED WITH FAITH.TO GET OUT SPIRITUAL PRIORITIES STRAIGHT, I BELIEVE WE HAVE TO SPEND MORE TIME IN THE WORD AND ALLOW THE HOLY SPIRIT TO CONVICT US OF OUR WRONG BEHAVIOR, OR ELSE WE MAY NOT EVEN SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING TO US.GOD BLESS..

• 1 month later...

Good morning. This is my first post and it has taken a bit to figure out.

This particular question takes me back to when God was wooing me back into the fold. I had gone out into the "world". Even though I had accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior, but I made a decision to go the "other" direction and was lost for a time. My actions did not line up with my words. I professed to be a Christian, but my disobedience told a different story. My actions indicated I was following after the dictates of the devil not what pleases my Father God.

People of the world live in chaos. It's like living in a whirlwind. There seems to be no specific direction, no goals, no satisfaction; there is never enough. For me, I had no peace. I was always in a turmoil, searching, searching, searching and never finding. Most people trying to live in both worlds remind me of a lunitic in a padded cell; bouncing off all four walls.

For me, getting out of this lifestyle, involved God becoming REAL to me. Until that happened God was something or someone up there....untouchable, unreachable, un-understandable. He really wasn't real. I couldn't see Him. I couldn't feel Him, I couldn't hear Him. I couldn't smell Him. I couldn't taste Him. This all changed when God made Himself real to me. When this happened I was able to follow:

2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

I "came out from among them". I separated myself and embraced the GOOD LIFE. That's my answer and I stickin to it!!

• 4 weeks later...

I personally think that a person that identifies more with his homeland is one who prideful, selfish, consumed with material things, etc.

I have personally dealt with these things at one time or another and pray constantly to take them away from me. I honestly think to get your spiritual priorities straight you need to pray above all things...let go of the world and if that means separating yourself from certain things then doing so...also surrounding yourself with others who love God as much as you do.