JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 2 weeks later...

Q5. (John 14:30-31a) How does Satan take advantage of our previous sins to control us or make us fearful?

Satan or those who work with him and for him, have observed our sins, and are aware of our past weaknesses where we yielded to his temptation. Satan is the evil genius (Jesus own words v.30 amplified). There are places in us not yet under the control of or yielded to the Holy Spirit, and Satan preys on those places. He uses guilt and shame to keep us fearful, when we forget that we are cleansed and forgiven!

In verse 31, how does Jesus stay free from bondage to Satan?

Jesus had nothing in Him that belonged to Satan, so he had no power over Jesus. Also, Jesus loves the Father, and did only what the Father had instructed Him to do. ("I act in full agreement with the Father's orders")

How can we free ourselves from bondage to Satan and fear of exposure?

Confessing sin and bringing it into the light, so that Satan can't use blackmail against us. Remind Satan that the blood of Jesus has cleansed us from all sin and unrighteousness and we're forgiven. Surrender control of our will to the Holy Spirit.

Bondage: For me, it has been awareness, and acknowledgement of the areas of bondage. (I knew I was bound, but asked the Holy Spirit to reveal the specific bondages, of which there were many! (I was bound in worship, due to rigid church experiences. Fear of man, fear of lack, distrust, fear of illness, fear of being murdered or dying a violent death, fears for my children, fear of authority figures, insecurity and fear of speaking up....I learned that children are born with only 2 fears: Loud noises and falling. All others are learned. My family was abusive, violent, uncommunicative, neglectful,  and showed no affection or touching except for beatings, so I learned to be afraid of just about everything. Terror and excitement felt the same to me, so even amusement park rides were hideously frightening to me...I suffered panic attacks as well. Two of my brothers committed suicide. I wondered if I'd ever be truly free.

The Lord has been slowly working with me through the years as I'm able and I am now free! He's proven that He's trustworthy! He's kind, He's present, He's my Comforter, my Friend who sticks closer than a brother, He reassures me. He has had me face the fears, and held my hand reminding me of what His Word says about each fear I've faced. "He has brought me out with a mighty hand and redeemed me from the house of bondage!" (Deut. 7:8). He is truly our deliverer, strong tower, mighty shield, healer, restorer of all that is broken and the One Who loves us perfectly. I praise Him every day and thank Him for saving, loving and restoring me and that I'm His beloved daughter whom He delights in!

(John 14:30-31a) How does Satan take advantage of our previous sins to control us or make us fearful? In verse 31, how does Jesus stay free from bondage to Satan? How can we free ourselves from bondage to Satan and fear of exposure?          

• Satan takes advantage of our previous sins to control us or make us fearful because he knows our weakness and uses it to have leverage over us.  
  • Jesus is sinless, therefore Satan has no power over him.  The more we obey Jesus and align ourselves with God's purpose the less power Satan will have over us. 

Q5. (John 14:30-31a) How does Satan take advantage of our previous sins to control us or make us fearful? In verse 31, how does Jesus stay free from bondage to Satan? How can we free ourselves from bondage to Satan and fear of exposure?

The devil accusers us that because we have mucked up before, we are without hope and cannot be used by God. The devil is the accuser of the breatheren (Rev 12:2) Jesus is free from sin, because all that the father askes him to do, he does (14:31a). Jesus believers are not without sin, however the word of God says, that "if we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleans us from unrighteausness" (1John 1:9 KJV).

(John 14:30-31a) How does Satan take advantage of our previous sins to control us or make us fearful? In verse 31, how does Jesus stay free from bondage to Satan? How can we free ourselves from bondage to Satan and fear of exposure?

By playing on our minds that we have sinned and that we will be found out. Furthermore, he makes us feel guilty that we have sinned and is not worthy of God's forgiveness and love. In addition, he makes us feel lousy about ourselves because of our past sins. Satan has no hold over Jesus because does no sin and He loves God the Father and that He does exactly what the Father commands. We can free ourselves from bondage by repenting of our sins, confessing our sins, asking Jesus to forgive us and by sinning no more.

Q5. (John 14:30-31a) How does Satan take advantage of our previous sins to control us or make us fearful? In verse 31, how does Jesus stay free from bondage to Satan? How can we free ourselves from bondage to Satan and fear of exposure?

He uses our past sin to accuse us before God but Jesus tells him " I have paid totally every sin of my son and friend.

Jesus did not commit any sin that satan could hold and accuse Him.

We should stay out of sin and totally submit ourselves to the authority and lordship of Jesus Christ and satan will not have nothing to accuse us of.

Q5. (John 14:30-31a) 

How does Satan take advantage of our previous sins to control us or make us fearful? 

Although, as believers, we are all sinners saved by grace. It was when we repented and put our trust in Jesus Christ as our Saviour, that all our past, present, and future sins were forgiven. Satan, therefore, has no power over us and there is no fear of any exposure. The Cross marked Satan’s ultimate defeat. Jesus is not of this world and has never sinned, therefore Satan has no hold at all over Jesus. It is Jesus who will be victorious as His victory over death will result in the ultimate demise of Satan. 

Satan is the deceiver, the accuser, the father of lies, the enemy. There is nothing he will not employ against those who would come unto God through Jesus and are in Christ now.  He will constantly remind us of past sins (which the world which is under his control is happy to remember through little bits of gossip).  He is the destroyer and wants to destroy our joy, peace, blessed assurance we have in Christ and if he cannot do that he wants us to think he can and has.

However our Redeemer, our Savior, our Lord, the Son of God, God Himself, is perfect and Holy and Satan can find nothing on Him.  Hallelujeh!   Praise the Lord!

There is a Redeemer, Jesus God's own Son that we flee to, He is our advocate and everything we have or will do is covered already in the finished work of the cross to be remembered no more.  The sin debt has been paid in full!

Hallelujeh!  Praise the Lord!

God Bless

Jen

Romans 15:13

question 5

Satan takes our past sins and tries to use them against us. If we live closely to our Savior he will have no control over us. This is a battle for us until we go to live with our  Savior.

If we live for Jesus his word tells us he has forgiven our past present and future sins, but in times of weakness we let Satan in. I demand him out of my life in Jesus Christ my Savior.

Jesus is sinless  Satan has no power over him

If we obey Jesus and live closely with God's purposes Satan can have no power over us. Praise  God for that we have to watch for weak times and pray through them. I f we called on Jesus Christ Satan will run

Satan takes advantage of our previous sins by making us despair of achieving a better way of life.  He can speak through our past companions, who may jeer at our attempts to reform our lives.  He can keep pointing out worldly objections of various kinds.  Jesus is able to stay completely free of this bondage because he is without sin.  We can free ourselves from bondage to Satan by drawing closer to the church, frequent prayer, true penitence, severing links with those who lead us downhill, finding ways to help the downtrodden in our communities; there are many ways.  Fear of exposure, if we have truly decided to reform, should no longer bother us and we must be willing to tell the truth, not continue to serve the Father of Lies.  We should be willing to say publicly, “Yes, I did some terrible things.  I now realise my mistake.  This is what I am trying to do now.”

Satin takes advantage of our previous sins by telling us God has no use for us, because he knows our sins of past and causes us to be paranoid of everyone finding out. 

In verse 31 Jesus stays away from the bondage of Satin by his obedience and love for the Heavenly Father. Thus Satin has no power over him.

We can be free from Satin by our love for the Lord and knowing he has forgiven us of our sins. Knowing what Jesus has done for us on the cross should and will set us free to be in Christ and our love and obedience for him.  

Lesson 25 Question 5

Satan, the great accuser, tells us that we are lost and dammed. Indeed, we are but for the one who Satan has nothing on - namely Jesus Christ, our Redeemer.

Satan has no claim on Jesus because of  Jesus' perfect obedience to his Father.

We can be freed from the accusers claim if we are covered by Jesus blood - that is - believe and receive Jesus gift of grace to us.

• 2 weeks later...

Sin is born of the darkness and satan wants to keep us in that darkness, separated from the light of truth and liberation.  He studies our weak points and knows all the best ways to use them against us.  He entices us into iniquity but then reminds us constantly of the resulting sins and failures.  He uses shame, doubt, fear, and condemnation to chain us to the past and convince us we can never be unshackled to move forward. 

Jesus, as the Son of Man, stayed free from bondage to satan by only doing what the Father commanded, which kept Him from sin of any kind and denied satan any accusation to bring against Him.  This is our perfect and ideal model. We’re unable to achieve the full perfection Jesus had, but the closer we stay to the Father and the more we obey His truth, the less sin will be in our lives for satan to use against us.  When we do sin, we need to be honest about it with self and before God.  We should quickly confess it with repentance so that forgiveness can be applied.  And even when there are consequences to our forgiven sin, we must choose again to walk in faith according to what God says about us – not what we think of ourselves or the lies our enemy tries to make us believe.

• 2 weeks later...

Q. How does Satan take advantage of our previous sins to control us or make us fearful?

A. The prince of lies loves to keep us making more sins and and to fear him and want to sway us away from the grace through faith that only Jesus can give us.

Q. In verse 31, how does Jesus stay free from bondage to Satan?

A. By showing his love to the Father through obedience in His command even before the beginning. Jesus never made any sin.

Q. How can we  free ourselves from bondage to Satan and fear of exposure?

A. By loving the Father and obeying his word through Jesus Christ mercy and grace. Everytime we committed sins knowing or unknowingly, bring that knees down and ask forgiveness to Jesus and he is always mercifull to forgive us of our sins.

Although Satan, the prince of this world, was unable to overpower Jesus (Matthew 4), he still had the arrogance to try. Satan’s power exists only because God allows him to act. But because Jesus is sinless, Satan has no power over him. If we obey Jesus and align ourselves closely with God’s purposes, Satan can have no power over us.

• 4 weeks later...

If we listen to the accusations "in our mind" we can always feel guilty or bad about something we did to some one in the past. But where are these ideas coming from? Not from God or Jesus. He has already paid for these sins, and our future sins. [we are not perfect]

We can only be free by practicing the fruit of the Spirit, and ask the Spirit to teach us how to be deeper with Him. When we remain in Jesus, we are on His "wavelength" and not that of "evil"

He said "remain in me..." simple to say, deep to think about, wonderful to be

• 3 months later...

How does Satan take advantage of our previous sins to control us or make us fearful?  There’s an old adage, "an idle mind is the playground of the Devil" and that is absolutely, unequivocally true!  When we allow our minds to be idle, we give Satan the foothold that he’s seeking.  We are all, every one of us, engaged in a war between good and evil and it’s really unfortunate that so many people just simply refuse to believe that they are subject to Satan's power and authority.  Our sin, no matter how inconsequential it may seem to us opens the door for Satan to enter our hearts and minds.  The most tragic thing about that is that most people aren’t even aware of the weapons that Satan will use against them.  More often than not, sins are first committed in our thoughts and minds and if we’re carrying around unrepentant sin, Satan will find it ever so easy to inject his lies into our mind.  When we sin, we carry around with us a fear and dread that our sins will be exposed for the world to see.  Satan is fully aware of that fear and he knows full-well that if we sinned yesterday and are continuing in that sin without confessing it and taking it to the Lord in faith, then we will in-fact continue to sin and he’s won.  When we are alert and focused on Christ Jesus, Satan will not be afforded the prospect of subverting our minds with evil.  As His disciples, Christ Jesus wants us to tell the world that if they will just turn to Him and admit their weaknesses, confess and ask His forgiveness for their sin and then simply trust in Him to forgive and strengthen them, He will do just that.

How does Jesus stay free from bondage to Satan?  He dutifully carried out His Father’s will by living a perfect, holy life in complete obedience.  He did what He saw the Father do and He spoke the words that His Father gave Him to speak and that didn’t leave any room for Satan. (ref. John 5:19, John 8:28).

How can we free ourselves from bondage to Satan and fear of exposure?  When you are mired in sin, if you are one of those who actually has a conscience, you generally see yourself as evil and worthless.  The truth is, you are!  It’s totally impossible to live at odds with what you believe so you will live your life that way as well.  If you are carrying around that kind of baggage then you will most likely be feeling guilt and Satan will turn that guilt against you and that’s what makes you feel so worthless.  The only way to extricate yourself from bondage to Satan is to confess and repent your sins, accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and be baptized.  When you do, you will have died to the old, sinful self and be re-born in Christ Jesus.  The only way to free yourself from bondage and fear is by accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and living your life for Him.  Then, and only then, you will be truly free; you will have become an entirely new person!

• 3 years later...

Satan takes advantage of our previous sins to control us or make us fearful because he is always pointing out the sins of the past. Jesus stayed free from bondage to Satan because he had no sin. So Satan didn’t have anything to blackmail him with. We can free ourselves from bondage to Satan and fear of exposure by confessing out sins.

• 7 months later...

Satan takes advantage of our previous sins by pointing out them to us and telling us we are not good enough to be saved. For Jesus he was found sinless because he was God's son. The way we can be free of bondage and fear of exposure is by confession of sin. 

• 5 months later...

Jesus had no sin, He is pure, therefore there is nothing for Satan to hold over His head.  Satan uses our weakness to control us, because we still feel sorrow for them.  We are giving in to our fear and not trusting in what we have confessed to believe. When we ask Jesus for forgiveness and repent of our sins, we are to trust in Him completely and not sin again. We can not serve two masters.  Either we believe that we are saved by grace and live accordingly or we allow Satan to enter our hearts by fear and destroy the trust we say we have in Jesus... There has to be a change in our way of thinking and our way of living.  Jesus has already done what He promised by dying on the cross as payment for our sins.  We are already freed from bondage to Satan by this act of love from God.  How much plainer can it be.??  Why do we crucify Jesus over and over by doubting, when Satan tries to tempt us??? We have the same power as Jesus to say to Satan.,,"get thee behind me".... Jesus gave us that power..  He has said so... and we need to believe it.  If we don't, what is the point of Him dying?What is the point of believing?? If we believe in Jesus than we need to show some sign!!  Live a life that reflects our belief.  And do not allow Satan to tempt us into sinning.  It is like a drug, a choice to take or not.  Just say No !! I am standing on the promises of God and Satan you have no power over me.!!!  The Holy Spirit lives within us and gives us the power to resist the devil.. " for my strength is made perfect in weakness",....." for God has not given man the power of fear.. but of love and a sound mind".... " whoever has been born of God does not sin, for his seed remains in him and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God."...........I will trust In the Lord and He will fight my battles for Satan has already been defeated!!!  Thank You Jesus!!! thank You Lord!!!

• 9 months later...

1.    How does Satan take advantage of our previous sins to control us or make us fearful? Satan is the master blackmailer the prince of darkness. He roams the world looking for whomever he can devour. Satan is a huge evil spider with an elaborate sin web that he entices us into by deceiving us into believing that sin is the ultimate pleasure. Once enticed into sin, he blackmails us by magnifying the shamefulness of the disclosure of our past experiences and so forces us into fear.

2.     In verse 31, how does Jesus stay free from bondage to Satan? Jesus stays free from bondage to Satan by loving the Father and being completely obedient to Him; He does EXACTLY what the Father commands Him to do. This means that there’s not any amount of space between the Son and the Father’s commandments for Satan to squeeze through.

3.     How can we free ourselves from bondage to Satan and fear of exposure? We can free ourselves from bondage to Satan by living the example that Jesus has demonstrated to us by loving the Father to the extent of obeying Him even to death on the cross. And we can easily do so with the support of the Holy Spirit indwelling in us.

• 1 year later...

Memories of the past, including dissapointments all the way of life's journey.  These distractions work to get our minds off Jesus Christ.  That is why we must abide in the shadow of the Almighty each day; we must keep our song as well.   If we are not proactive in regards to Christain discipline; the element of fear can wreck havoc in the heart and mind of a Christian.  Like Christ,  we must walk circumspectly; there cannot be anything in us which the devil is in league with.   There cannot be anything in our lives and characters that can give the devil a foothold.

Christ's heart was full of loving fidelity to the Father's plan of redemption. Christ stayed on the road of obedience due to resolute mindset.   Christ's goal was to vanquish the prince of this world.    Now we have access to the Holies of the Holiest because Christ our Joshua has gone on before us; we are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation-God's special possession (1 Peter 2:9).   When we carefully pray and meditate on our position in Christ and his wonderfull promises;  we can maintain our holiness walk.  A daily regula---daily spiritual exercises-crucial for a Spirit-filled Christain;  also daily examen of one's conscience is necessary.

• 8 months later...

How does Satan take advantage of our previous sins to control us or make us fearful?

Satan knows our weakness (he knows about the proverbial skeleton in our closet) and tries to make us fail in our walk as Christians.  When we sin he brings doubts and fear into our minds. He clouds our thoughts with guilt.  Continually he will remind us of our failure. The way to free ourselves from this is to bring our sins to the light. Confess them and accept Jesus forgiveness and remind our self that we are cleansed by the Blood of Jesus, which He shed for the remission (cancellation of the penalty deserved) of our sins.

Jesus did not succumb to the wiles of the devil, so the devil has NO hold on Him at all.