JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. (2:9) What actions and attitudes should this idea of being part of God's own people inspire in us?

First it shows that we are placed in a very special position in relationship to God: royal priests. That position of privilege must be earned and maintained. In our every action, we must reflect well on our King. We must also serve Him loyally and without regard for self. We must obey Him without question. It also tells us that we are a community and that community should be important to us. It sets us apart and we must work together. Church is not just a Sunday gathering. We must love, get to know and support our fellow royal priests. It is amongst the priesthood where our closest friends and our spouses will come. If we want to be disciples (and royal priests) we must love one another. Each one of us has a part in the edifice which is the body of Christ. We must work together. When sinners are saved and become priests themselves, we must draw them fully into our church and community.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) Knowing that we are apart of God's own, should always inspire us to an attitude of love and forgiveness. We should strive to be more like Him in all that we do, especially in our relationships with our brothers and sisters God's own people.

:) Knowing that we are apart of God's own, should always inspire us to an attitude of love and forgiveness. We should strive to be more like Him in all that we do, especially in our relationships with our brothers and sisters God's own people.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Q3. (2:9) What actions and attitudes should this idea of being part of God's own people inspire in us?

I pray my actions and attitude is Christ like. Sometimes I feel so humble that God chose me to be a part of His own. I desire to be so filled with His Spirit that I can be all He has called me to be. Jesus dying on the cross sometimes brings tear and emotion to me. Knowing I am not in my self worthy, but by His shed blood He has made me worthy. I love Him so much.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are to change our minds and act like we belong to the royal family of God. We should carry ourselves as lovers of the only one and true God. We should others to see that joining our family is the best thing that will ever happen to them.

• 1 month later...

This idea should inspire us to see each other, our brothers and sisters in Christ, as all being a part of the same family. We are one, in Christ and we should love and treat each other as we do ourselves.

We are to act like the royal family of God. T o be Holy,set an example for the world to follow. We have to love thy neighbor,follow God's law and be righteous. Let the Holy Spirit work through us and guide us.

I am not sure about this or the verses. What I think I am getting from God is that we are called to prefer each person about ourselves, not being concerned with getting our own way or being 'better' than one another; fighting for the best jobs, but to be humble. To show that our own wishes and desires can come second to those around us.

We should have in our relationships with our brothers and sisters the living embodiment of 1 Cor 13.

The world should want to be with us, in our churches because of how we treat each other.

In how we treat each other, those outside should be able to see how Jesus would treat them if they came to Him.

LOVE ONE ANOTHER AS I HAVE LOVED YOU

Do we love ourselves as Jesus loves us? Treat ourselves as Jesus would treat us?

How do we respond to negative thoughts about ourselves? When someone criticises us or compliments us?

If we don't love ourselves or understand Jesus love for us, we can never love our brothers and sisters.

• 1 month later...

i think that our actions should be to serve God gladly. putting self on the back burner and to serve God with all of our might. whatever He calls us to do we should do it right away without question. our attitude should be of willingness and gratefulness that He wants us/me to serve him. whether it be to show love, or encouraging, or helpful that needs help in some way. to serve God is a priviledge and honor. it is a comand that we all should be happy to do

My actions: It should reflect God's presence in me. I should do what God wants me to do, living a holy life and using all parts of my body to worship God.

My attitudes: It should always hope for the coming of Christ. The presence of the Holy Spirit in me should be manifested through my attitudes. I should have inspire people who are still in the darkness to come to Christ and experience His goodness. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

As believers under the new covenant, we are a holy people, we are God's children, we have to bve separated from the world's ungodly ways and walk in God's righteous ways and his holyu will for our lives. Proclaim the gospel of salvation to His glory and praise. For taking me out of darkness into light and all the benefits that are provided through Jesus Christ.

Being a part in our Gods plan for us,that is being one of his elect makes me feel like shouting from the roof tops.As we study the word of God we start to realize how great it is to be a part of something so amazing and awesome as living eternally with the One we love and who loves us unconditionally.It makes me want to live in accordance with His will in all that I do.

I praise you Father that you chose me as I am and through the Blood of Jesus You made me one of your own.Amen

• 3 months later...

As God's children, chosen by Him we should revere Him with a love of a child to a Father. A good, kind, merciful loving Father who cares for us, answers our prayers and protects us from all harm and danger. We are inspired to behave towards Him in such a way that will please Him and make us worthy of His love for us.

• 4 months later...

This should really lift us up and give us great cheer praising and singing praises and thanking God for loving us enough to have chosen us to be His people. We should be on our knees bowing before Him daily for His wonderful Love. Always thinking about ways to magnify His name and telling others about His wonderful Love.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Q3. (2:9)

What actions and attitudes should this idea of being part of God's own people inspire in us?

Our attitude should be one of gratitude and we are to live out the Christian life based on our being a special people belonging to God. We should be telling everyone about His grace and mercies. The more we know the Lord Jesus the more we can proclaim him. The world tends to read the Christian far more than they read the Bible. They see us, but they only hear about the Lord Jesus. So we have a duty to let everyone know about our Lord Jesus, and what He has done in our life.

• 1 month later...

I only recently felt the impact of realizing that I was CHOSEN by God. "I" didn't choose to believe, He chose ME to believe. He picked me, even though I have failed Him over and over He still chose me. That inspires a heart of awe and wonder and complete and utter gratefulness. I want to spend my life praising His name and all that He has done in my life. Even when I was so far from Him I didn't think I could ever get back, He didn't give up on me. He still wanted me to be with Him someday. I stand humbly before him ever so thankful for Him unswerving Love.

• 6 months later...

I am so very grateful that the Lord hand-picked me, chose me for a special relationship with Him.This used to be so difficult for me to believe because for thirty three years, I never knew there was a God or that God loved me.I was told that when I was little, someone told my mom I was a peculiar child. I always thought it meant I was retarded or dumb and it used to make me feel sad. Today, as a born again, Spirit filled child of the Most High God,I wouldn't trade being peculiar for the world!! :)