JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Being part of God's own people inspires me to behave like I belong to God and not the world. Who we are in Christ is more important than all our accomplishments in this world. We have been chosen by God as his very own, and we have been call to represent him to others. We have worth because of what God did, not what we do. We should live the life we were called to live. When we are united with Christ as members of his body, we join in his work of reconciling God and man. We are priests of the King.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The action and attiude about being God's people is I need to be His priest. My body should be holy to God. I need to be considerate of what God wants me to eat, drink, how I take care of it. What I listen to, or watch. I am God's very own daughter. I need to respect the fact that He is taking care of me. And I need to take care of what he has given to me.

Show praises of him because he has called us out of darkness into his marvellous light.

The action of obedience to do His will which first and foremost is to love God with all our hearts, minds, body's & souls and in doing that we would automatically fulfill the second greatest commandment. Our attitudes should be loving and forgiving but also correcting of other believers if they need to be snatched from the fire. And being more loving and forgiving towards non-believers. Unfortunately, I've a long way to go in my actions and attitude.

Amen Sister kas! I've got a long way to go! Jesus said, " You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit, fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other." We are not of this world, we were chosen out of the world and so we should not have the attitudes of the world but of the spirit. We are the friends of Jesus and to reflect being true friends of Jesus we should be loving. "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." When you understand the reality of this statement and that Jesus did just this then you will understand the attitudes and actions of Gods' chosen people. I will always owe my life to Christ to do what He commands. Thank the Lord, I have the written Word and the Holy Spirit to guide me.

Since I belong to God.I should do my best to serve Him.We should be ready and willing when God wants to use us.Ready to move and take action.Its kind of like if I move to the left,"God is with me"If I move to the right,"God is with me",Forward or backward,"God is with me.When we move with God as believers we know we are a unified group of people who are set apart for Gods use."His own special people".God protects those whom He has adopted into his family.

There is a little prayer a pastor gave me a few weeks ago.

>"Lord,take me where you want me to go,

"Let me meet who you want me to meet,

"Tell me what you want me to say,

"And keep me in your will~~and out of your way.Amen

Q3. (2:9) What actions and attitudes should this idea of being part of God's own people inspire in us?

It is indeed a great priviledge for us to be chosen as part of God's own people. Thus, we should do all we can to be counted worthy as such. We should be "Faithful", be "Available", and be "Teachable" at any time to the calling as God's people.

I refer to the saying 'No man is an island.' I cannot profess to be a person of God's and chose to ignore my neighbours and those around me. I need the love and caring of others in order to make my love of God grow in abundance. God's love inspires me to want to do more to make His love known to others. In the past several weeks God's love has shown me that His love is changing my thinking of several important facets in my life AND even though I know that some conflict is going to occur among friends -- in the end if I believe and continue with my faith in God, God will guide and protect all concerned.

:D It is highest previlege a human being can imagine, the relization that he belongs to the family of God. Nothing compares to this in the world. Also we are related to billions of such people whom God has given the same previlege. The company of God, the father and the company of saints, brothers and sisters, what JOY!. So, let us encourage one another, with these precious thoughts.

One of the things Jesus prayed for in the gospel of John was for his body to be in unity, one with him and with the Father. Staying connected to our Lord and to other members and walking in unity with them means being in agreement, in one mind, so that our prayers will be answered and have power against the kingdom of darkness. Let there be no division and strife in the church. A love for others in the body of believers is an outpouring of the love God has placed in our hearts.

PASTOR RALPH: WE IN MY FAMILY THANK GOD FOR GIVING YOU

THE ENERGY, THE LOVE AND CARE, THE INTLLIGENCE TO OPEN

THIS FORUM FOR US TO COME TOGETHER TO KNOW MORE ABOUT

OURSELVES TRUE THE WORD OF GOD. THANK YOU.

WHEN I WAS A KID, I ALWAYS LIKE TO BE IN THE BEST TEAM

TODAY GOD HAS BLESSED ME AND BROUGHT ME TO THE BEST TEAM

HIS TEAM, THIS MAKES ME A VERY VALUABLE INDIVIDUAL AND HIM

AND I WALK TOGETHER ALL DAY LONG AND AT NIGHT WE HAVE

CONVERSATIONS AND AT THE END HE ALWAYS TELLS ME IS OK

TOMORROW YOU HAVE ANOTHER CHANCE.

AN ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE, NEEDS TO BE PRACTICE ALWAYS

NOT ONLY SAYING THAT I AM GRATEFUL BUT ACTUALLY DOING

SOMETHING THAT SHOWS THAT I AM GRATEFUL.

GOD HAS MADE MY LIFE FULL AND I GIVEN ME THE OPPORTUNITY

TO BE A SERVANT TO MY WIFE, TO MY DAUGHTERS AND SONS TO

MY GRANCHILDREN AND GREATGRANCHILDREN, THIS IS AT HOME

THEN HE GRACED ME WITH A JOB WHERE I AM OF SERVICE ALL DAY

LONG AND GOD AND I ARE DOING A GOOD JOB SINCE LOTS OF

PEOPLE LEAVE OUR PLACE SMILING AND WANTING TO COME BACK.

MAY GOD RICHLY BLESS YOU.

Q3. (2:9) What actions and attitudes should this idea of being part of God's own people inspire in us?

Being God's own people should being us closer to one another in agape love. Knit together in love and companionship. It gives us the Royalty Badge together with heart of love and compassion. When we have that kind of heart, naturally the actions speak louder than words. Retribution changes to service. Revenge changes to love. Haughtiness changes to humility. 'Care not' attitude changes to 'care for'. What a lovely way to serve the Lord by serving humanity. That's what counts in the day of judgment. :)

• 2 weeks later...

The fact that we are God's own special people,who have been set apart, should make us want to live our lives differently than non believers. :)

Being a part of God's chosen people inspires such awe when phrased this way. As Christians, we are encouraged taught to follow the word and to remain safe from the corruption of the world, not yielding to its destructive ways. Yet, Bibliclally how many times did God's people fall short of His commands and do just this? Over and over. I can only hope that I can continue to be strong in the word and raise my children to have faith in this confusing society, where so many people do not understand the word of God, and riducule those who do.

• 1 month later...

Holy Living - through obedience to God.

B)

If I was to fague please let me know. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

:) To always be prepared to explain to somebody the hope that is within me.

Eagerly proclaiming Father's wonderful Will - His Word - His Deeds!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Being part of God's own people should inspire in us a sense of being highly privileged and a sense of unity with others so blessed. An awareness of being highly privileged, though through no merit of our own, should inspire tremendous gratitude and humility, which ultimately should prduce our praise, loyalty, service and unswerving obedience to His commandments. It :lol: should bind us together with other believers in a unique way that is manifested in love, mutual submission and service.

It should inspire us to have the attitude that we are here to serve God and that we should act in manner that is pleasing to him. We don't want people to question if we are really belivers in Christ. So, we should work on bringing others to belive ans see the way to eternal life with God after we leave this world.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What an amazing thought! That we are so precious to God and are so special to Him. This should inspire in us the desire to be the very best examples of His love and goodness. We should meditate on this reality - that we are dearly loved children of God. We want to please Him, honor Him, obey Him, and rejoice in Him!

• 7 months later...

This inspires me to have an attitude of gratitude.

This should also inspire us not to become involved in other people's practices, (worshiping false God's.) It should keep us from thinking like the "world" does. It inspires us to love and cherish the Church and our brothers and sisters in Christ. It inspires us to become part of a church family and to become involved in the church to fellowship with other believers.

• 4 months later...