JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

To understand my salvation, I have to recognize that Jesus was a person (like me), That he faced temptations (like me) but he resisted the temptations of this world (not like me - who gives in by not choosing always right from wrong, but will often take the easy path to get out of a situation). Jesus fully trusted God to judge righteously. Jesus did not rely on his own abilities to lash out, but instead leaned on God to assess the situation which would lead to a just and fair judgement. Oh what faith and trust Jesus displayed as he suffered for us on the Cross. Only by being able to commit himself fully to God could He stand this corruption of Sin. What a Sacrifice was made for all us 'aliens.'

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam's sin resulted in loss that only a spotless sacrifice could atone for. Jesus, the lamb, sent to suffer and die, paid the price for us to come back to the Father. I believe that my own sin which in fact weighs me down at times, caused much suffering to a pure and spotless savior as the separation from our Father caused him to be disconnected from the only source he had ever known. I believe that Jesus suffered and died because of his great love for the Father and love for us, knowing that this was the purpose for which he was sent and willingly surrendering to do the Father's will.

Only if Jesus was perfect could he meet the requirements for our salvation. Because He was sinless he was able to fulfill the law which I could never do. He paid the price for me that I could find forgiveness. What a wonderful Savior!

How to understand His suffering I could never know. But His taking our sin on Himself made it imposssible for a perfect and holy God the Father to look upon Him. There was a resulting separation between them causing Him to cry out "Why hast thou forsaken me?"

I don't believe that sinless man could stand this tremendous load of sin and it was this that caused Him to die along with the physical torture.

Jesus was pure,clean from sin.Jesus was sent to this world by God.The Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.Jesus died for our sins in our place,so we would not have to suffer the punishment we deserve.Jesus was a substitutionary atonement.His body suffered in the way of the cross,I could have never stood the punishment .By his wounds we are healed,by his blood we are set free.

Jesus submitted his self and he knew what he had to do to save the world.

Q2. Why is Jesus' sinlessness important to understanding your salvation? In what way do you think Jesus suffered when your sins were poured into his soul? How could a sinless Man stand this kind of corruption?

Salvation, though a free gift from God, required His laws to be met. For man to be free from sin, sin had to be sacrificed at the altar. Blood has to be shed, the blood of a perfect animal. Jesus' blood was shed on the cross as He was a perfect, sinless human. He died that all humanity might be accepted into God's presence.

When our sins were poured on into His soul, He became full of sin of mankind, thereby loosing contact with His Holy Father, at a juncture when He was physically suffering. His suffering was both physical and spiritual. That's why in agony He shouted from the cross, Father, why have you forsaken me?

Jesus was sinless from the inside and from the beginning. Whereas, humanity is sinful from the inside and from the beginnning. We cannot take on a load that is put on us from the outside if it is too heavy for us to bear. But Jesus, being pure and holy from the inside, could withstand the onslaught of sin and corruption onto His Holy body, hang it on the cross and come out victorious. :rolleyes:

Just as there had to be a spottless lamb and goat in the O.T. times, Jesus is our spottless lamb in the N.T. and present. To have spots meant there was sin. So for Jesus to be sinlessness important. Jesus had to have no sin.

Jesus suffered a whole lot when my future sins were being poured out into his soul.

Only one man could stand this kind of corruption. That would be a man who was super-anointed to handle the velocity of the sins of all people in the world at present and 2000+ years later.

A sinful man can't go before a holy God and intercede on behalf of another sinful man. Because Jesus is sinless, eventho He was tempted to sin, He is able to come before God and intercede for us as our Mediator.

When all the sins of mankind was being poured into Jesus' soul, His Father had to turn away because a holy God can't look upon sin. For the first time in existence Father and Son were separated from one another. I believe that God turning away from Jesus at that time was more painful to Jesus than all the physical cruelty He had endured up to that time.

Q2. Why is Jesus' sinlessness important to understanding your salvation? In what way do you think Jesus suffered when your sins were poured into his soul? How could a sinless Man stand this kind of corruption?

Jesus' sinlessness is the importance of our salvation, only could Jesus have intercession with God, our Father and only could he be the atonement for our sins. God can not have fellowship with sin, the only way for our salvation was through our mediator, Jesus. He took all our sins, so that we could live.

Jesus, who knew no sin before, experienced and took on all the sins of the people of the world, and broke the pattern (the chain of sin and death) for me and you. Knowing no sin, I can't even begin to put it into words, what pain and seperation from His Father, God. Never being seperated before, that alone had to be such a terrible feeling alone, and then to bare all our sins of the world, never knowing sin before, I can't imagine anyother deep pain and suffering than what our Lord Jesus went through alone, to be obedient to the Father, God.

Jesus was not just a man, but the son of God, Jesus Christ. Jesus was obedient to His father God, no matter what the cost, because He knew His Father loved Him and He trusted God, even though He would suffer, He knew God the Father would renew Him in the end, because God is True, Faithful, all loving, all knowing and His mercy and grace is neverending. Jesus counted the cost, because of their bond of love, Jesus knew mankind had only this chance to be saved. Thank You Lord for your abundant caring and love and mercy!!! :wub:

Jesus, who had no sin, took on the sins of all mankind, because that was the only atonement that God could except to give us forgiveness of sins. No one was worthy, only Jesus, the son of man.

Jesus suffered in many ways when He bore our sins into his soul. He never knew no sin, or had ever sinned. Therefore when He did take on our sins, He was seperated from God, because God can not have fellowship with sin. Jesus felt alone, when out of the presence of God, which He had always had before.

Jesus was not just a man, but the Son of God, Jesus Christ our Lord, who took those sins to the cross for us, and died and rose the third day and was dead to the sins he bore for us. He broke the chains of sin and death and now we have salvation through His sacrifice. God gave him the grace to make it through, but I don't think it was something he took without cost or a price. Jesus suffered greatly for us!

If Jesus had sinned he would have to pay the price for his own sin. It is only because Jesus was the perfect sacrifice that he could ransom me. Halleluia!

Jesus suffered separation from God, hence his cry from the cross, "My God, My God, Why have you forsaken me?" I cannot even imagine what that must have been like for him. The burden was almost too much for him to bear. His love for me kept him there.

His obedience to the will of the Father allowed him to stand this kind of corruption.

• 2 weeks later...

The sacrifices of the old covenant could not take away sin or produce moral transformation because of the frailties of men, shown by the necessity of repeating the offerings. They were just shadows of the true one great sacrifice by Christ. The Levitical sacrifices could not permanently take away sin but Christs sacrifice is final and complete. Christs' offering of a pure and spotless life opened up spiritual access to the holy presence of God. That is how important Jesus sinlessness is to my salvation. Now I can draw near to God with spiritual confidence and a transformation can occur in me. When my sins were poured into Jesus soul I can only imagine that He grieved for me in His heart for the sin I have committed in my life. I know it grieves me. Jesus knew what His death on the cross meant to mankind. He saw His own death as a sacrifice for sin. He regarded His suffering and death as the fulfillment of the Old Testament Scriptures. I can only believe that His willingness to do this for mankind made Him strong, His love made Him strong. Knowing that He was obeying His Father made Him stronger than we in our human minds can understand. I can't really explain how He could stand this kind of corruption except to say that He knew all along that He was supported by His Father because this was the will of God.

• 3 weeks later...

To know Jesus is to know God. Jesus shows us what God is llike. When we sin, God Himself suffers, but above His suffering is His love for us. His knowledge of what He has put in us, and His longing for reconciliation, and His willingness to pay the price of it as only He can. The price was to visit earth in the flesh, let satan do his best to defile it, (including taking His life) and to overcome that, to be greater than that, to create another Adam one who is victorious and wins back the dominion Adam originally handed to satan, so that, identifying with Him, Jesus, we might be saved from the curse of sin and returned to the fold of Heaven. Jesus is the physical (earthly ) expression of God's grief and plan for victory. No man other than the Son of God was free from the curse and able to overcome satan - lay down life and take it up again.

ii I believe when Adam sinned, God suffered unbearable grief - unbearable without a plan (Jesus) to buy back the lost children. Jesus, the "Man of Sorrows and acquainted with grief" represented to us this terrible suffering of God the Father. He also represented to us everything else about God - healing, joy, peace, wisdom, humility glory...... He was the way in which we could again catch a glimpse of God and come home where we belong. As Abel's blood cried out to God for vengeance, God, though angry, hurt etc, thought more of reconciliation than of wrath. Jesus being hurt represented God's hurt, and Jesus walking through death victorios is our way back, the great victory of reconciliation. He was God and knew exectly what He was taking on - every bit of it. He also knew the vision for reconciliation, which helped Him go through it all.

iii Jesus had the vision for reconciliation of man with God. He was united with the Father and the Spirit in this, and a 3-fold cord cannot be broken! (satan has no three-fold cord!)

• 1 month later...

a. In OT imagery of the sacrificial system, only the "unblemished" animal's blood was acceptable and adequate to cover the sin of the worshiper. Hence, Jesus became the unblemished lamb that willingly gave his life so his blood could atone for our sin. It was his sinlessness that made his sacrifice acceptable to God's perfect justice.

b. The Great Exchange of my sin for his righteousness no doubt caused great shock and mind-numbing pain to our Savior. The contrast of the filth of mankind's sin against the purity of Christ is too great to describe!

c. No ordinary mortal man could have withstood this great shock of sin's corruption being poured into Christ, nor could an ordinary man withstood the physical punishment he endured. As the Roman soldier who witnessed the Passion of Jesus said, "Surely this was the Son of God!"

For reproof, correction, and for instruction in righteousness. Jesus suffered in torment of His being for me on that cross. He could only stand this because He is Love in it's purest form. He is God! Amen

Because Jesus had to be sinless to make him different than us. Because we are sinners we could only be saved by one taht was sinless.

Jesus suffered a great deal when our sins were poured into his soul. He had not sinned the whole time he was on earth and when he was going through the suffering of the time before he was nailed to the cross. he did not do anyhting to stop it. Knowing that he had to suffer for us to be saved.

He was the son of God and knew that he had to be sinless to save us. Also by being the son he could not be a sinner an dbe called the son of God.

Why is Jesus' sinlessness so important to my salvation? In what way do you think Jesus suffered when your sins were poured into his soul? How could a sinless Man stand this kind of corruption?

I believe it is because of his unexplainable love for me. God himself said "This is my son, whom I am pleased." He gave the ultimate sacrifice by being crucified on the cross for our corruption and rejection of him-then he risen- I can't ask for more than that. Yet I find myself in situations I have no business in, he still loves me and forgives. I believe that when Christ was up on that cross, even through all of that agony when he cried out to God for that brief moment, his soul was still with God, and that is the same with us as Christians - our flesh can be shattered at times, but with Christ abiding in soul, our faith in God will not waver. That is important to my salvation.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jesus' sinlessness is so important to understanding my salvation because He was perfect, yet still was persecuted by man. I think Jesus was overwhelmed by His sadness and mercy for me when my sins were poured into his soul. A sinless Man could stand this kind of corruption through the power and grace of Almighty God!!!

• 2 months later...

Jesus' sinlessness is important because without it we don't have salvation. Jesus suffered more deeply by His exposure to our sin than He did by the physical pain of the cross. The bible says that God cannot stand to be in the presence of sin. Yet Jesus bore our sin on that tree!! He took it in so that we might live! That is the depth of His love!!

• 6 months later...

Because the only way to be redeemed and made righteous in the eyes of God was for Him to send someone (Jesus) without sin to die for us on the cross. Sin cannot save sin.

Jesus suffered spiritually and mentally (inner turmoil.) He must have felt gulity, unclean, condemned and full of shame.

How could a sinless man stand this kind of corruption?

Only someone who was chosen and who had the anointing of God upon His life. Only someone who really knew his Father and trusted Him with His very life. Only someone who was completely obediant to God. Only one who had a strong spirit. (For the strong spirit of the man shall sustain him in bodily pain and trouble.) Only someone who was filled with GREAT LOVE and COMPASSION for us. Only someone who truly understood what would happen to us if He wasn't crucified.

• 1 year later...

As in the Old Testqment they had to offer a lamb witheout blemish, so in the New Testament one had to be without sin, who is God's anointed to saave us from our sins. Without a sinless Saavior Christcould n ot pay the penalty for ous sins. Christ was separated from God when He bore our sin{ descended into hell} thaat when He bore the entireload of all men siiins from the time of the Old Testament to this day was a day He bore Our transgressions for us.

• 2 weeks later...

The sinlessness of Jesus is essential to an understanding of salvation through Him. He was God made man. Only God is sinless. By leading a sinless life as a man, tempted like a man, He proved His divinity. Only a sinless intermediary could mediate between sinful man and sinless, perfectly holy God. Only Jesus can fulfil that role. Jesus was perfectly pure, righteous, holy and good. Everything about Him has not the slightest taint of sin. This embodiment of spiritual perfection, this shining pure being, has to confront our sinful natures with every kind of wickedness and depravity. Each sinful act of man must strike His perfection and He must feel it acutely given the contrast between His character and ours. Your commentary makes a very ggod analogy. It is as if the foulest, most putrid sewage was being poured into the clearest, cleanest water. Our natures compare so unfavourably with His. Yet He loves us despite our manifest shortcomings. It says everything about the extent of His love for us and tells us much about how we should love others.

• 5 months later...

:) It is important to understand that Jesus committed no sin; because it is the central truth of the Christian faith and our salvation. Also a sinful man could not have died for us.

I can not imagin the pain that it must have cost Jesus to bear our sins. I know how I feel when am just accused of something that I did not do. The pain is aweful

• 6 months later...

His sinlessness is important in understanding that he died for me, for us. If he had sinned, it could be conceived that he died for his own sin. I think Jesus suffered spiritually, being burdened with the sins of man. He could stand this only because of His great love for us..