JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Jesus' sinlessness is important to my salvation because He was an unblemished human being -- the unblemished Lamb of God sacrificed for human sin. Any sacrifice to God must be unblemished. I don't think that I can really wrap my mind around Jesus' suffering when sin was poured into His soul. I have grown up on a sinful, depraved planet. Its part of human existence. Jesus until He came to this planet and died on the cross had not experienced it. In my mind, I liken Jesus' suffering to a trout, who used to swimming in pure, clean streams to being suddenly dropped into polluted, toxic water. The pain and suffering is immense. Jesus withstood this kind of corruption and suffering because He was determined to carry out the will of His Father and His love for humanity goes beyond my understanding.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. Why is Jesus' sinlessness important to understanding your salvation? In what way do you think Jesus suffered when your sins were poured into his soul? How could a sinless Man stand this kind of corruption?

I pretty much answered this previously but regarding How could a sinless Man stand this kind of corruption and the importance of Him being sinless only boils down to one word HOLINESS. Only the Holiness of God could have withstood this type of pain, this type of pressure, this type of love for His people. It goes beyond understanding and now because of Him we an have a peace that goes beyond all understanding. OH I AM SO THANKFUL!!!

• 1 month later...

The sinlessness of Jesus in critical, because the sacrifice to God had to be without blemish. Jesus was the only perfect example that could be our mediator to God. Jesus became my sin. I can't even comprehend the suffering he endured for me. A man who knew no sin, became my sin!! There must have been so much anguish for him when God had to turn his back on Jesus as he bore all our sins. Jesus endured this to carry out the will of God!! It is just amazing!!!

• 2 months later...
Q2. Why is Jesus' sinlessness important to understanding your salvation? In what way do you think Jesus suffered when your sins were poured into his soul? How could a sinless Man stand this kind of corruption?

He Himself bore our sins in His body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live righteousness; by His wounds you have been healed. The pain of rejection, lonileness, when The Father turned His back and Jesus cried out "FATHER WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME". Jesus came to die for the penalty of our sins so that we might be reconciled to the Father and share eternity with Him. But He also set examples for believers to follow Him. We too will suffer but never the way He did. He was pure and Holy and did not desrve to die the way He did. Only in obedience to the command Of the Father for us in our sinless and wicked state.

• 2 weeks later...

Christ is our role model here on earth, sent for our Salvation by God, His Father. As God incarnate he is sinless and as the only sinless man on earth, we know we can safely follow His example for our Salvation.' No-one can come to the Father but through me' He said.

He became the redemption for our sins on the cross. This terrible suffering was His obedient way to take all of mankind's sins, present and future on Himself, so that we could be forgiven for our sins.

He knew that after the passion and suffering on the cross he would be resurrected. But first He had to endure the suffering and pain and humiliation. He also knew that by doing this it would be a victory over Satan and all His enemies.

• 1 month later...

Without the sinlessness and purity of Jesus, we wouldn't have the example to follow that we do. It's especially helpful to see how Jesus reacted when he was tempted. It also shows that his crucifixion was purely for our sins since he had none and allows Christ to mediate between us and God. I never thought about our sinds being poured into his soul. I can't imagine how horrible that would have been for him...expecially since he was sinless. He probably stood this corruption because he knew it was a part of his Father's plan and that was part of his purpose to fulfill it! He trusted God and submitted himselft to the Lord's will.

• 2 weeks later...

The only sacrifice that God would except was a blameless, without blemish sacrifice. Jesus had to be pure. God would except nothing less. I believe it was like having all the filth of all the sewers in the world being poured on you right after you have been bath in the purest water and fresh scented oils massaged into your skin. Then you look up and all the filth of every sewer in the world is poured on you, and most of all you did nothing to deserve it. The horrible stench of it all. To carry this stench around and not deserve it is awful. But Jesus bared it all because of His love for us.

• 3 weeks later...

Without a spotless,sinless sacrifice, we would have no salvation.

For a sinless person to have all that sin heaped on him had to horrific.

He could stand it because he was God and only God could get through that kind of thing

If Jesus was not sinless, He could not have offered Himself as a sacrifice on the Cross for me. His death would have been meaningless.

Jesus being pure and sinless was forced to become all the ugliness in me. If I am talking to a thief, I watch my wallet, If I talk to a rapist, I feel dirty and exposed, I know a murderer and wonder why and feel contaminated. Yet Jesus took all the dirt in my life and BECAME that dirt that I might have His holiness and righteousness.

The only reason Jesus stood it was LOVE for me, a desperate, screaming need to save my soul. HE THOUGHT I WAS WORTH IT.

• 1 month later...

Why is Jesus' sinlessness important to understanding your salvation?

God is holy and perfect. For somebody to intervene in our behalf for the redemption of our sins, he has to poses the same spirit as God. It is only Jesus, who is without sin, who can do it.

In what way do you think Jesus suffered when your sins were poured into his soul?

Jesus suffered the humiliation, the pain, the agony & all unimaginable sufferings beyond the limit of human tolerance.

How could a sinless Man stand this kind of corruption?

Flesh and blood gives birth to flesh and blood but the spirit gives birth to things that are spiritual (John 3:6)l. We need the spirit to stand the things that are of the flesh. Jesus has the spirit of God to stand the corruption of the flesh.

• 3 weeks later...

If Jesus had not been without sin, He would not have been a pure sacrifice for the worlds sins, and only a pure sacrifice was acceptable.

Jesus is not only the Son of God, but God himself who came in the form of a man so that He could live through every temptation known to mortal man and yet not sin. The way He lived His life is the example He set for all His children. When He was beaten and humiliated and nailed to that cross for my sins, I know that His suffering was more than I could even think or imagine. I am so filled with awe and humbleness to know that He loved me so much that He would die such a cruel death so that I could have forgiveness of my sins and have eternal life with Him.

Jesus said that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me. He said that He does nothing but what the Father tells Him to do. I think that even though Jesus asked God to remove the cup He was getting ready to drink from Him, and because He was human, yet God, and felt human pain and suffering, He knew that the only way we would be able to be with Him was through His shed blood and death and resurrection. He loved us so much that for Him anything less than the perfect sacrifice would not do. Bearing my sins not to mention the whole worlds sin and shame must have been the worst feeling imaginable. Worse than death itself.

• 1 month later...

Jesus was sinless but became sin to save me from hell and damnation. Jesus suffered for my sins by accepting my sins and was placed upon a tree and was tortured until he died because he loved me so much more than I will ever know.

• 4 months later...

His sinlessness is important to my salvation because He took my sins upon himself so that I may have eternal life and a relationship with my Father. He was sinless, he did not have to do that but he loved me that much that he offered his life for mine. When my sins was poured into his soul, he went through every test, trial, and temptation that I would face. The only way he could stand it was for the love he had for me and by the power of God.

As in all sacrifices in the past a blemish free lamb would be use for the atonement of ones sins.In the case of my sin Christ came was perfect, sinless and He shed His blood that we might be saved.Just like the Israelite s in Exodus sprinkled the blood of a blemish free lamb on their doorposts so that the Angel of death would pass over them on the passover,and no child would face death.The same happens today when we accept the blood of Jesus to cover us and let the Angel of death pass over us on the day of reckoning.

Here is the reason why many professions of Christian faith never materialize into anything. There are people who are willing to sit under the Passover blood, who are willing to receive Jesus Christ as Savior, but they are not willing to walk through the waters of the Red Sea. They never take that step which burns their bridges cuts them off from the world. In their mind and thinking they are still back in Egypt. They will not move forward through the Red Sea, and until that happens they are still under the bondage and control of Egypt.

This paragraph above was taken from another bible study I am doing ,and how true it is,many are willing to have Jesus do all the "dirty work" in order not to endure the pain.Remember accepting is just the beginning of the journey now we need to walk the walk.

When the Israelites came into the wilderness and on the far shore of the Red Sea, they broke into song. Real deliverance brings a song. Have you a song of deliverance?

• 3 months later...

If Jesus had sinned, our world would never have been the way it is now. We would not have the opportunity to be forgiven for our sins by the one who is sinless. Would we have had the faith in Him that we do have? Would we have trusted Him? This is why my own unbelieving family members don't trust me and believe I am a hypocrite. They will one day understand that I have strived to be sinless, a difficult task, but worthy of following. Salvation comes from believing in Jesus, and through Him, being obedient to God. It is ongoing and the road to Salvation is narrow with few finding it.

Jesus was separated from His Father for a short time on the cross as He was dying. This must have been terrible for Him after He had put all His trust in His Father while he taught, prayed and lived. This was the time when our sins were poured into His soul and He took our sins upon Himself. As He took all of the world's sin on Himself, He wasn't connected to the Father until a few minutes later when He died, ' and the veil was rent in two'. At this point we all then had access through Him directly with God the Father.

Because Jesus was the Son of God, and was Himself 'THE WORD', He was able to stand and experience the corruption of the world around Him. He new His destiny and why His Father had sent Him into our world. To be an example to us. To show us what obedience really is. To teach us and give us the strength to endure the sinfulness of this world and eventually for Him to sit at the right hand of His Father.

• 4 months later...

Q2. Why is Jesus' sinlessness important to understanding your salvation?

To follow Jesus' footsteps we must fully understand His life and how He walked without sin even when He was persecuted He still sinned not. Leaving us an example to follow Him in all things.

In what way do you think Jesus suffered when your sins were poured into His soul?

When my sins where poured into Jesus' soul I'm sure that everything completely turned inside out and therefore almost destroying His soul because sin and love doesn't mix and perfect love has no part with sin. Therefore my sins is what crucified Jesus in the flesh.

Only by the Grace and Love of our Heavenly Father in Heaven could He bare the pains that He bare when my sins entered into His soul. That's why we must have the Holy Ghost today so we two can withstand the pains of sin that comes against us.

• 2 months later...

Q2.

In what way do you think Jesus suffered when your sins were poured into his soul?

Only one who is without sin can approach our Heavenly Father. Jesus was that one; only He, because He was sinless (2 Cor 5:21; Heb 5:21; 1 John 3:5) could approach God on our behalf. I know when I

• 1 month later...

I had to understand that Jesus deserved none of what he got. I also needed to understand that even though he came as a man he was able to resist sin.

I cannot fathom the depth of his pain in having those sins upon him. I know the pain and guilt I have felt with mine alone, to bear the weight of the sins of the world is beyond my comprehension.

He was the son of God and trusting in his father and his love for us gave him the strength.

• 5 months later...

Jesus's sinlessness is critical, His pure blood was given as atonement for our sin. Christ had no sin, so his own blood was clean. Praise to yo oh Father God for this perfect atonement. Jesus you give us a way to come to the Father and we praise you for being a silent obedient lamb. By your pure sacrifice you call us to be saved and to spread the Glory of You life. Thank you Jesus. [amen]

Did Christ's greatest suffering come when God, the Father, had to "look away"? I don't feel this and need to meditate on it Jesus cried out "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" that is, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?" At that moment was the just and fair wrath of God satisfied by this sacrificial lamb dying on the cross as His blood spilled out. What a horrible moment to life in a human body and even for a spiritual soul to have to go through. Only by the power of Jesus' humility could He accepted to do this for us, to show how deeply is God's love for us.

Christ's sacrifice against all sin, corruption, and earthly base living paved the way for us to learn how we could dare to believe that as dirty as we are, His immense suffering and sacrifice paid it all for our salvation. And Jesus was obedient to the Father. So, in that obedience, Jesus stood against all sinful and base earthly desire in this world which is no longer our home. His love takes us to an eternal place where we can worship and Glorify HIM. We are sooooo blessed!!!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Jesus was sinless. A person with sin cannot stand in the gap between a God who hates sin and a sinful convicted man. Jesus needed to be the mediator, He had to become a human, committ no sin but experience sin and temptation on our behalf while here on earth.

Jesus had never known what it is like to be separated from God. Jesus was in constant contact with God the Father, for Him life has no meaning other than to do what pleased God. Once he took on all our sin, for the first (and only) time in His life He experienced guilt, shame & a sense of worthlessness as a result of sin. He understood the gravity of eternal hell (seperation for God forever)

Jesus knew and understood what pleased His Father, He wanted to do the will of God only. It did not matter if His flesh suffered for a little while, it was more pressing that He do the will of His Father trusting that God will judge justly & redeem the deeds of man & Jesus Himself.

Because we must realize that a sinful person can come before God on our behalf.No one came take our punishment but a sinless man can intervene with the Father and that man was Jesus. Jesus suffered a pain of sorrow,guilt, seperation from the Father, He suffer a spiritual loss of the Spirit's peace and healing. He suffer a mental pain that we will never understand. I can't begin to understand why Jesus would take it on Himself to die for a person like me a sinner of the worst kind,how He stood the spiritual, and physical seperaion from the Father is beyond my understanding.

• 2 weeks later...

He who was without sin became sin for us. Old Testament law insisted that any sacrifice be without defect of blemish. Since sin has been our defect since the fall of man, it required a sinless man, the Son of God, to become the sacrifice which opened the way to the redemption of mankind.

That would have been like having poison poured into His soul. Even God the Father had to look away. Hence Jesus' cry that God had forsaken Him. Being Holy, God can't look on sin. When Jesus had the sin of Mankind laid upon him in the way the sins of the Israelites were laid upon the scapegoat, that must have been spiritual agony for Him.

Only by the strength provided by the Holy Spirit inside Jesus could He stand the stench of the sin poured into Him.

• 6 months later...

The price of my sin was death and the shedding of blood. In the Old Testament sin was atoned for by the sacrifice of a lamb without spot and blemish. Jesus' sinlessness represented such a lamb. Therefore, he was able to pay the price in full for my sin.

Sin is a heavy burden and along with it comes guilt. I believe Jesus bore a heavy weight that day on Calvary. He also suffered when His Father distanced Himself from Him so He suffered alone.

I think Jesus recognised and embraced His purpose. I also believe that God gave Him the grace to complete this mission. Jesus had the power to come down from that cross but then we would still be in bondage to sin and Jesus was committed to completing the task set before Him.

• 1 year later...

A  sacrifice for the atonement/forgiveness of sin must be pure and sinless before God  Scripture teaches that anything less is not acceptable for sacrifice for the atonement of sin.  Jesus was pure and sinless, but took on the sin of the world on the cross for the atonement of human sin that we might have salvation through His spotless sacrifice on the cross.

As an impure human being conditioned by this satanic world system and in all honesty, it is hard to image the spiritual suffering Jesus endured as human sin was poured into his soul.  Jesus, the one and only Son of God, was pure and without sin and the perversion that goes with it must have been so foreign to Him.  The feelings of shame, sorrow, impurity, dishonor, sickness, hopelessness, spiritual pollution, sadness, isolation, depravity, etc. must wrecked His spirit, soul, and body.  Truly Jesus was a stranger in a strange land.  As Isaiah said to God -- "your ways are not our ways."   Humanity is a sick, depraved, and lost race and Jesus taking that spiritual perversion upon Himself must have been overwhelming.

Only the love of God and the commitment and love for the Father and humanity (God's creation), could stand this kind of corruption.